Hybrid Pitch

kila

The Hogfather
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The thread is about state of the Hybrid pitch.

He termed himself “Mr knows more than you” when debating with a qualified horticulturist...

I could claim to have a degree in literally anything, but that doesn't mean it's true. That's the beauty of the internet, people can claim whatever they want, knowing no-one is ever really going to look further into that. As an aside, I have to admit I agree with PDs last comment. It's a little bizarre that you appear to only be on this thread to respond to posts aimed at him by others.  I'm happy to be proved wrong here, but I'm sure that constitutes "trolling". An accusation you were more than happy to fire about yourself.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I could claim to have a degree in literally anything, but that doesn't mean it's true. That's the beauty of the internet, people can claim whatever they want, knowing no-one is ever really going to look further into that. As an aside, I have to admit I agree with PDs last comment. It's a little bizarre that you appear to only be on this thread to respond to posts aimed at him by others.  I'm happy to be proved wrong here, but I'm sure that constitutes "trolling". An accusation you were more than happy to fire about yourself.

So hmfc2011 is telling porkies?

With respect I didn’t see you complain when I was being continuously trolled by the poster in question over the last few days.

John mcCartney

45 minutes ago, hmfc2011 said:

Well I have Level 2 Practical Horticulture Skills. So I can imagine I know a lot more than what your talking about

1-0

The Hogfather
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

So hmfc2011 is telling porkies?

With respect I didn’t see you complain when I was being continuously trolled by the poster in question over the last few days.

He could be. He might not be, once again, no-one knows anything about anyone on here. So what you're saying is that two wrongs make a right? You'll no longer accuse anyone else of trolling, because it's ok when you do it? Perhaps you should learn to be the change you see in the world.

been here before

So in brief the pitch looks shit but might be alright by the end of January according to Ann Budge at the AGM.

And in other news the board slaver and previous self appointed club mouthpiece on the new stand and erstwhile expert on everything has now appointed himself honorary proxy head groundsman with a doctorate in turf management?

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

So in brief the pitch looks shit but might be alright by the end of January according to Ann Budge at the AGM.

And in other news the board slaver and previous self appointed club mouthpiece on the new stand and erstwhile expert on everything has now appointed himself honorary proxy head groundsman with a doctorate in turf management?

😂😂😂😂😂

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

I'm not certain who your last paragraph relates to, but one thing is for certain. There's no-one on this board who fully understands the circumstances with the pitch at Tynecastle beyond second hand information. And I include myself in that.

been here before
1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

I'm not certain who your last paragraph relates to, but one thing is for certain. There's no-one on this board who fully understands the circumstances with the pitch at Tynecastle beyond second hand information. And I include myself in that.

Heid the ba' that posted before you.

He fully understands everything.

The Hogfather
Just now, been here before said:

Heid the ba' that posted before you.

He fully understands everything.

I'm with you now. I've said all there is to say about that particular poster and his strange demeanour.

To be honest, you don’t need any qualifications to know the pitch is in an unacceptable state so early in the season. 

A set of eyes is enough.  

On 16/12/2019 at 15:21, 3fingersreid said:

Someone needs to whisper* that to the grass in my back green , ******* stuff doesn’t slow down for us . Hate sending the wife out in January and February to cut it . 

😂😂

We've got a tag team on the go!!!!

"The grass is fine, I know everything"

"The grass is fine, he knows everything"

hmfc2011 cracks out the steel chair...

"He's lying! He can't know more."

Edited by Taffin

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I understand that we had a ****ing orchestra on it a few days before the season started. No doubt that helped.

The pitch has got worse since Levein left. I heard he has been over watering it and cutting it too short because he is the night green keeper. He's making a right arse of it. How has Budge let this happen, yet another shambles. I'm definitely going to boo more.

been here before
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The pitch has got worse since Levein left. I heard he has been over watering it and cutting it too short because he is the night green keeper. He's making a right arse of it. How has Budge let this happen, yet another shambles. I'm definitely going to boo more.

Would certainly fit in with him not working mornings...

2 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

I'm with you now. I've said all there is to say about that particular poster and his strange demeanour.

Now there’s a coincidence ......

2 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

He could be. He might not be, once again, no-one knows anything about anyone on here. So what you're saying is that two wrongs make a right? You'll no longer accuse anyone else of trolling, because it's ok when you do it? Perhaps you should learn to be the change you see in the world.

What I’m saying is it’s double standards from you.

The pitch has never been the same since that concert.  I walked over that pitch earlier in the season and it was like a bowling green.  I walked over it in November and couldn’t believe it was the same pitch.  That concert ****ed it up, no doubt.

11 minutes ago, Ells1986 said:

The pitch has never been the same since that concert.  I walked over that pitch earlier in the season and it was like a bowling green.  I walked over it in November and couldn’t believe it was the same pitch.  That concert ****ed it up, no doubt.

Seemingly the Groundsmen are pretty angry with the Club behind the scenes - maybe this is the reason.

If it is the groundsmen have my Full apology!

14 minutes ago, Ells1986 said:

Doubt it was to do with the concert. Budge took expert consultancy advice before holding the concert. 

And a lot of prominent posters on here assured everyone it would have no material effect on the state of the pitch. 

Cannot have been anything to do with the concert. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Seemingly the Groundsmen are pretty angry with the Club behind the scenes - maybe this is the reason.

If it is the groundsmen have my Full apology!

Ditto. Suspect the club are confused and think you can use a hybrid pitch like you’d use a plastic one.

Edited by kingantti1874

The Hogfather
39 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Now there’s a coincidence ......

That I find your aggressive and childish manner on Kickback to be quite strange? It does seem coincidental that I'm not alone here. Must be all of us. Can't possibly be you, can it?

37 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What I’m saying is it’s double standards from you.

No, double standards would be reporting someone for trolling while attempting (rather badly, I may add) to troll them. 

33 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

That I find your aggressive and childish manner on Kickback to be quite strange? It does seem coincidental that I'm not alone here. Must be all of us. Can't possibly be you, can it?

No, double standards would be reporting someone for trolling while attempting (rather badly, I may add) to troll them. 

You are not alone as quite a few object to my strong opinions and condemnation of Levein and will take every opportunity to have a pop - some in the most childish and aggressive manner!

You made no objection to the poster in question relentlessly trolling me - but immediately take objection to my alleged trolling of him - with respect that’s double standards by you.

The Hogfather
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You are not alone as quite a few object to my strong opinions and condemnation of Levein and will take every opportunity to have a pop - some in the most childish and aggressive manner!

You made no objection to the poster in question relentlessly trolling me - but immediately take objection to my alleged trolling of him - with respect that’s double standards by you.

You are just dripping with hypocrisy now. I have made no objection to PD because I haven't interacted with him on this matter, while I've had the displeasure of having you try and talk down to me. If he decided to be obnoxious toward me, as you have, I would absolutely call him out on it. So please don't try and act the victim here, it won't wash.

4 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So you're more qualified to look after the pitch than the current ground staff at Tynecastle then? Perhaps you should fire in a CV.

Being qualified doesn’t mean I actually want to take up a role in said post. Just saying what skills I have. However you seem to think you know it all so maybe you should hand that C.V in? Going by some posters reactions on this thread it seems like your the one with a reputation for being a big mouth on here. 

2 minutes ago, hmfc2011 said:

Being qualified doesn’t mean I actually want to take up a role in said post. Just saying what skills I have. However you seem to think you know it all so maybe you should hand that C.V in? Going by some posters reactions on this thread it seems like your the one with a reputation for being a big mouth on here. 

I can absolutely guarantee that I know more about the issues with the pitch at Tynecastle and any remedial action to be taken than you do mate. Which is a dull one for someone with all your qualifications, eh? :) 

You came on here giving it the big one because you thought I was the groundsman or something. Which I'm not and have never claimed to be. So feel free to pipe down :) 

7 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You are just dripping with hypocrisy now. I have made no objection to PD because I haven't interacted with him on this matter, while I've had the displeasure of having you try and talk down to me. If he decided to be obnoxious toward me, as you have, I would absolutely call him out on it. So please don't try and act the victim here, it won't wash.

and you trying to claim the moral high ground doesn’t wash either.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

I can absolutely guarantee that I know more about the issues with the pitch at Tynecastle and any remedial action to be taken than you do mate. Which is a dull one for someone with all your qualifications, eh? :) 

You came on here giving it the big one because you thought I was the groundsman or something. Which I'm not and have never claimed to be. So feel free to pipe down :) 

Come on then, how do you supposedly know more than me? Inside information or something? I mean anyone could claim to be in the know. 

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

has the grounds man given you an update? 

14 minutes ago, hmfc2011 said:

Come on then, how do you supposedly know more than me? Inside information or something? I mean anyone could claim to be in the know. 

Just because I don't disclose any information I'm passed doesn't mean I don't have any. I choose not to go into it for two reasons;

1) I have respect for the person who gives me information and don't post it on here because he trusts us not to blab to people. Needless to say, I've been told about things that have happened days before they've been announced.

2) I don't respect anyone on here enough to give away anything I'm told :) 

I spoke to my source today about the pitch and he gave me a wee run down of what's happening. You can choose to believe that or not, I genuinely could not care less.

Edited by Phil Dunphy

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

has the grounds man given you an update? 

Yeah, I spoke to him this morning. He's still very confident all will be fixed soon enough. Didn't give me a deadline, but I think AB said something at the AGM.

The Hogfather
18 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

and you trying to claim the moral high ground doesn’t wash either.

Frankly, I couldn't care whether or not you're taking any of this on board. I can see you've got a certain reputation around here and it seems like it's well earned.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Just because I don't disclose any information I'm passed doesn't mean I don't have any. I choose not to go into it for two reasons;

1) I have respect for the person who gives me information and don't post it on here because he trusts us not to blab to people. Needless to say, I knew about Sean Clare signing for Hearts 3 days before it was announced by Hearts. And I saw pictures of Conor Washington at Tynecastle before anyone else on here did.  

2) I don't respect anyone on here enough to give away anything I'm told :) 

I spoke to my source today about the pitch and he gave me a wee run down of what's happening. You can choose to believe that or not, I genuinely could not care less.

You don’t disclose anything because you don’t know anything. Maybe it’s a fantasy pipe dream that you have. In reality you know as much about the on-goings at hearts as most on here.

Also claiming to have known about players signing in the past? Well I mean anyone could say that or claim to to be in the know. 

I love how you try to come across as someone of importance or have people at the club who are important. When in fact I bet you don’t know anyone at the club or probably have never been to a hearts game. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yeah, I spoke to him this morning. He's still very confident all will be fixed soon enough. Didn't give me a deadline, but I think AB said something at the AGM.

cool

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Frankly, I couldn't care whether or not you're taking any of this on board. I can see you've got a certain reputation around here and it seems like it's well earned.

Frankly I don’t give a damn

Rhett Butler

2 minutes ago, hmfc2011 said:

You don’t disclose anything because you don’t know anything. Maybe it’s a fantasy pipe dream that you have. In reality you know as much about the on-goings at hearts as most on here.

Also claiming to have known about players signing in the past? Well I mean anyone could say that or claim to to be in the know. 

I love how you try to come across as someone of importance or have people at the club who are important. When in fact I bet you don’t know anyone at the club or probably have never been to a hearts game. 

My Hearts supporting credentials are not in question here mate. Like I said, you can believe whether or not I have sources within HMFC, you're not relevant enough for me to give a **** :) 

2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Doubt it was to do with the concert. Budge took expert consultancy advice before holding the concert. 

And a lot of prominent posters on here assured everyone it would have no material effect on the state of the pitch. 

Cannot have been anything to do with the concert. 

The pitch was the best I had ever seen it at the start of the season.  Absolutely worth £1m investment.  Since that concert, the pitch was damaged and the grass has not grown the same since.

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

reason

They were assured that if the platform was raised a certain height from the pitch, it would be unaffected when lifted.  Privately, I believe they were unhappy at the outcome.  

Pasquale for King
23 hours ago, Newton51 said:

They shouldn’t be training on the pitch the day before a match. That’s what the training facility is for

Most clubs train on the pitch the day before a game, usually at about the same time to replicate the conditions, Sergio started it. 
It won’t help the pitch obviously, the mess the away team make in front of the main stand doing shooting drills is unbelievable.

There's a new challenger for top ITKer!!! 

Signings? Sponsorships? New contracts? 

Not this ITKer, he has inside info about the pitch...but he's not going to drop his mole in it by revealing the gossip 😂😂

18 minutes ago, Ells1986 said:

The pitch was the best I had ever seen it at the start of the season.  Absolutely worth £1m investment.  Since that concert, the pitch was damaged and the grass has not grown the same since.

But it’s not just at the end where the concert stage was. It’s bare in other areas at the opposite end of the park. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

But it’s not just at the end where the concert stage was. It’s bare in other areas at the opposite end of the park. 

It’s bare all over mate definitely,  It looked a bit ropey from row 8 in the main stand but even worse on tv.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

It’s bare all over mate, still not watched those “highlights” have you. It looked a bit ropey from row 8 in the main stand but even worse on tv.

I have watched them but from where I was sitting, in the Gorgie, it was pretty apparent that the causation can’t be blamed or connected to that concert. 

If it doesn’t repair itself by the end of the winter break, I can see it getting lifted in the summer and the depth of that soil layer being inspected. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I have watched them but from where I was sitting, in the Gorgie, it was pretty apparent that the causation can’t be blamed or connected to that concert. 

If it doesn’t repair itself by the end of the winter break, I can see it getting lifted in the summer and the depth of that soil layer being inspected. 

Somethings not right clearly, three games in 11 days won’t help but hopefully the three week break will let them get the lights on and get some growth. 

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Somethings not right clearly, three games in 11 days won’t help but hopefully the three week break will let them get the lights on and get some growth. 

We’ll see how it goes. Hopefully it’ll sort itself.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We’ll see how it goes. Hopefully it’ll sort itself.

I don’t m think it will do us any harm against these horrible ***** tomorrow though. Lennon is guaranteed to mention it. 

If only we hadn't been the first football club to hold a concert or gig on our pitch then we wouldn't be in this 'mess'

Oh - hang on - what's that? We're not the first!?!? and lots of clubs hold concerts and gigs and other events on their pitches?!?

Well **** me! Maybe it's not all linked to one ****ing gig over the summer and perhaps (you know for sake of argument) there's another underlying issue that perhaps people are trying to identify and resolve (perhaps all the salty tears from here?!?)

Edited by slashishere

44 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t m think it will do us any harm against these horrible ***** tomorrow though. Lennon is guaranteed to mention it. 

Lennon will only mention it if we win, I hope he’s moaning like feck about it at the end of the game.