• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

With everything going on right now and people are moaning about the pitch?

Have a word.

so says a guy who supported levein for about a year too long, and all the dross he has lumbered us with..

if i were as wrong as you as you were I wouldn’t be telling people what to think.

Surprised our club can even put a decent football out on the pitch. Complete shambles. Nothing is being done right where it matters.

kingantti1874
Just now, John mcCartney said:

The pitch contributed to the level of performance yesterday imo.

It certainly didnt fecking help.

exactly, at least 2 promising moves were ended by players slippping.. we’ve brought it a manager who wants to play the press and wants to play football..

the pitch is pretty ****ing important

3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Probably but no doubt Ann will make a statement soon.........

How, did someone swear yesterday?

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

so says a guy who supported levein for about a year too long, and all the dross he has lumbered us with..

if i were as wrong as you as you were I wouldn’t be telling people what to think.

I did?

Show me. 

22 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

With everything going on right now and people are moaning about the pitch?

Have a word.

You don’t think the terrible state of our £1m state of the art pitch is a problem for our already low on confidence team?

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

I reiterate.

The grass is the least of our concerns. Whoever raised the subject again needs head examined.

It’s only been raised again as the pitch is obviously deteriorating!

With respect if you don’t think that is a problem that will effect the quality of our team’s football then perhaps you should take your own advice.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

It’s only been raised again as the pitch is obviously deteriorating!

With respect if you don’t think that is a problem that will effect the quality of our team’s football then perhaps you should take your own advice.

I think the players have more important things to be worried about than a football pitch in Scotland in December.

Nelly Terraces
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Surprised our club can even put a decent football out on the pitch. Complete shambles. Nothing is being done right where it matters.

Winning some ludicrous award for holding a concert on it.

That's what REALLY counts at Hearts Community Centre these days mate.

Tragic times.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I did?

Show me. 

you really want me to troll through the “Leveins time is up thread” and pull back posts from  you and your alter ego?!?

That aside, the pitch is pretty important to how we want to play.. any suggestion otherwise is absolute nonsense

15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Very sad but very true. 

2 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I think the players have more important things to be worried about than a football pitch in Scotland in December.

The £1m hybrid pitch was meant to give us a good surface in Scotland in December - that’s why we spent all that money.

Now about supporting Levein which for the record I would like to point out is an inaccuracy on your part.

Show me where, and I quote “says a guy who supported levein for about a year too long, and all the dross he has lumbered us with”.

Whilst you look for that perhaps also have a think about moaning about the height of the dug out? Looks a little short to me? The lighting in the toilets? Could be a better shade of yellow? Or possibly even the quality of air passing over the new stand? I think we should install fans (excuse the pun) to blow fresh air in on match days.

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The £1m hybrid pitch was meant to give us a good surface in Scotland in December - that’s why we spent all that money.

Boo boo. Suck it up. The surface is fine albeit discoloured and as I said above is the least of our problems.

Do you cry like a baby when there isn’t enough sugar in your tea?

I suggest you drink several pints of “man the **** up”. 

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

exactly, at least 2 promising moves were ended by players slippping.. we’ve brought it a manager who wants to play the press and wants to play football..

the pitch is pretty ****ing important

2 players actually slipped?

You have actually got to be completely shitting me!!!!!!!

2 players slipped everyone!!!!!!

Sack the groundsmen and birch them on the plazas!!!!

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Boo boo. Suck it up. The surface is fine albeit discoloured and as I said above is the least of our problems.

What a silly response 😂

The pitch is not “discoloured” - the grass is thin with bare patches all over the pitch that is cutting up.

Just now, Vlad Magic said:

2 players actually slipped?

You have actually got to be completely shitting me!!!!!!!

2 players slipped everyone!!!!!!

Sack the groundsmen and birch them on the plazas!!!!

Deary me! 🙈

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you really want me to troll through the “Leveins time is up thread” and pull back posts from  you and your alter ego?!?

That aside, the pitch is pretty important to how we want to play.. any suggestion otherwise is absolute nonsense

I strongly suggest if you are going to accuse me of something then have the facts to back it up. If not you will politely be told to do one.

So on that note....

It's incredible that some people would think that the quality (or lack thereof) of the playing surface would have no effect on the type of football we are able to play. Even more staggering still, the fact that we recently invested a LOT of money into upgrading said playing surface is deemed irrelevant... You couldn't make it up!

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Its not discoloured ya daftie, the grass is missing in lots of patches.

The ball doesnt run well on it, thats a problem.

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What a silly response 😂

The pitch is not “discoloured” - the grass is thin with bare patches all over the pitch that is cutting up.

The glass facade doesn’t quite reflect the glass correctly at 14.42 pm on the summer solstice.

Whoever fitted it should be burned on the stake!!!

8 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

The glass facade doesn’t quite reflect the glass correctly at 14.42 pm on the summer solstice.

Whoever fitted it should be burned on the stake!!!

You are getting sillier by the minute! 😂

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

‘Discoloured’?

The beginning of August wants it’s pathetic excuse back. 

🤦🏼‍♂️

It was a classic wasn’t it! 😂

I think we should invite Steve Gerrard over and have a slip off.

Ask him to compare his famous slip V the 2 players who had the audacity to slip in a game of football on a wet pitch in December.

Marks out of 10 and all that.

21 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

I think we should invite Steve Gerrard over and have a slip off.

Ask him to compare his famous slip V the 2 players who had the audacity to slip in a game of football on a wet pitch in December.

Marks out of 10 and all that.

What a strange chap 😂

Some very strange responses in this thread. It seems people are being ultra defensive about the club ATM when they should challenging Budge to fix some of the glaring problems before they get worse.

Calling this shit out isn’t a bad thing it’s essential!

2 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Sorry but the surface is not fine. For a club like ours to spend 1million on a pitch is massive and I myself thought it would be a good investment going forward but clearly something is wrong with it. Looking at all other hybrid pitches on match of the day they all look perfect, ours looks ruined. I really hope something can be done as we shouldn’t be shelling out more money to rectify it. 

This threads showing up a few folk!

Unless that pitch is diseased from something that could not be mitigated for then attempting to defend it is folly.

Nearly £2m has been spent on that pitch since we came out of admin and it's playing as bad as back then.

Like as with most club expenditure over the last few years some serious questions need asked of those who're meant to be managing such.

5 hours ago, Super T said:

This threads showing up a few folk!

Unless that pitch is diseased from something that could not be mitigated for then attempting to defend it is folly.

Nearly £2m has been spent on that pitch since we came out of admin and it's playing as bad as back then.

Like as with most club expenditure over the last few years some serious questions need asked of those who're meant to be managing such.

No one from the club has confirmed that the pitch is diseased so far. There is no denying that it's in a terrible state and that unless we are told otherwise it can only be down to poor maintenance of which is totally unacceptable given the money spent on it. I cannot believe that some people on here think its OK and playing fine. Our new manager has no chance of changing our style of play on that surface. Looks like more lump up the park for a while to come. 

9 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

This is the place where the performances they put in will go a long way to determining whether they hold on to their well paid job or not

Edited by Poseidon

Maroonblood22

One Million Pounds FFS! For a club of our size and income people are quite right to be questioning this issue.

The pitch is an absolute disgrace and only adds to the frustration and anger from the fans at the moment. Whether it's due to ground staff, overuse or quite frankly anything else, there has to be some accountability for why it's in this state. Every other natural pitch in the league is in better condition than ours right now.

Yes it's the least of our problems, but that doesn't mean it should be exempt from scrutiny just because we're shite! It's hardly going to help on the footballing front if players are slipping and the ball bobbles all over the ****ing shop!

IMO, a lack of accountability is what has led us to where we are on the footballing side, so aye, looking for answers is more than justified!

Edited by Maroonblood22

kingantti1874
9 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Now about supporting Levein which for the record I would like to point out is an inaccuracy on your part.

Show me where, and I quote “says a guy who supported levein for about a year too long, and all the dross he has lumbered us with”.

Whilst you look for that perhaps also have a think about moaning about the height of the dug out? Looks a little short to me? The lighting in the toilets? Could be a better shade of yellow? Or possibly even the quality of air passing over the new stand? I think we should install fans (excuse the pun) to blow fresh air in on match days.

so you didn’t offer unwavering support to your pal Spoleto and his unwavering defence of the management team and some of the horse shit we’ve been served up !!Right - must have been someone with similar user name .. my mistake 

But according to you destroying our state of the art pitch isn’t a problem we should be concerning ourselves with ?!?  

it’s cool lads!! It has no effect on the players and we can just buy a new one next sunmer!! :rofl:

Watched the highlights last night. The pitch is in an absolutely dreadful state - far worse than it looked from where I was sitting. How on earth was it allowed to get into that condition?

The goalmouth at the Gorgie road end in front of us looked fine, it was the numerous bare patches between the edge of the box and the sideline (water running off the roof of the stand?)

18 minutes ago, Mundaydog said:

The goalmouth at the Gorgie road end in front of us looked fine, it was the numerous bare patches between the edge of the box and the sideline (water running off the roof of the stand?)

Think that area is warm-up sprints.  

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

One Million Pounds FFS! For a club of our size and income people are quite right to be questioning this issue.

The pitch is an absolute disgrace and only adds to the frustration and anger from the fans at the moment. Whether it's due to ground staff, overuse or quite frankly anything else, there has to be some accountability for why it's in this state. Every other natural pitch in the league is in better condition than ours right now.

Yes it's the least of our problems, but that doesn't mean it should be exempt from scrutiny just because we're shite! It's hardly going to help on the footballing front if players are slipping and the ball bobbles all over the ****ing shop!

IMO, a lack of accountability is what has led us to where we are on the footballing side, so aye, looking for answers is more than justified!

The stand cost over-run. The appalling football. The pitch.

We  don't seem good at accountability.

The only people held accountable for their actions seem to be the singing section.

23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The stand cost over-run. The appalling football. The pitch.

We  don't seem good at accountability.

The only people held accountable for their actions seem to be the singing section.

The pitch doesn’t look good but without knowing the reasons why and what is being done about it it’s hard to say that no-one, or anyone, is being held accountable for it. 

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The pitch doesn’t look good but without knowing the reasons why and what is being done about it it’s hard to say that no-one, or anyone, is being held accountable for it. 

Perhaps we could be told assuming someone knows what's gone wrong

We were quickly told about its installation and how wonderful and state of the art  it was going to be. 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Perhaps we could be told assuming someone knows what's gone wrong

We were quickly told about its installation and how wonderful and state of the art  it was going to be. 

It would certainly seem appropriate for the club to comment on it. Hopefully a question will be asked tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Vlad Magic having a bit of an internet breakdown.

Not pretty to watch. :(

I found it hilarious TBH. 😂

2 hours ago, Mundaydog said:

We are meant to have a state of the art computerised drainage system.