Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Zaba said:

The pitch is an absolute disgrace, and whoever is responsible for keeping it in decent nick needs handed their jotters. 

Sadly it looks like the pitch is now fecked till the summer time. Time to get a proper Groundsman Inn as this is totally unacceptable. Its now looking like the worst surface in the league. 

Just now, Boris5115 said:

Sadly it looks like the pitch is now fecked till the summer time. Time to get a proper Groundsman Inn as this is totally unacceptable. Its now looking like the worst surface in the league. 

And we paid a million quid for it 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

When it first became an issue the critics were ridiculed and we were assured that in a couple of weeks it would be perfect.

It was perfect a few weeks after the concert though, check the photos again a few pages back. It's only the last month or so it has suddenly gone to shit and it is also in bits that were unaffected/untouched by the concert.

Either poor maintenance or the grass is diseased like Celtic's was last season (they have the same pitch)? It is in shocking condition though when it should be in perfect nick, like a year ago. Something has gone horribly wrong lately.

kingantti1874

The pitch is almost back to the same condition of the pitch before we invested £1million + on a state of the art hybrid surface, drainage and monitoring systems .. I’m sorry I know some of the people who look after it are in here - and I don’t want anyone to lose their jobs.. but sooner or later you have to look at those responsible for maintaining it. 

look at Motherwell pitch 10* better on a fraction of the resources

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The pitch is almost back to the same condition of the pitch before we invested £1million + on a state of the art hybrid surface, drainage and monitoring systems .. I’m sorry I know some of the people who look after it are in here - and I don’t want anyone to lose their jobs.. but sooner or later you have to look at those responsible for maintaining it. 

look at Motherwell pitch 10* better on a fraction of the resources

So if it is poor maintenance then they should lose their jobs end of. If it is diseased then those who look after it can feel free to come on and tell us the issue if they want. I do believe only two individuals are employed in this position. 

On 05/12/2019 at 12:17, stan said:

Down by the police box, there was a distinct linear pattern with curved ends. My impression was that was the undersoil heating pattern becoming apparent. Not necessarily the reason for it but perhaps making the damage more visible.

That's from the players doing one of their running drills pre match.

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

When it first became an issue the critics were ridiculed and we were assured that in a couple of weeks it would be perfect.

I don't think the current condition of the pitch is anything to do with the summer concert.

42 minutes ago, Zaba said:

The pitch is an absolute disgrace, and whoever is responsible for keeping it in decent nick needs handed their jotters. 

Ann will promote him to director of green keeping and ensure he’s there to keep an eye on the new boy ^_^

Ex member of the SaS

A hybrid pitch, part grass part plastic but this one seems to have three inches of mud on top, bare patches and large yellow areas. I was looking forward to a decent surface that the players could use to pass a ball without worrying it would bobble all over the shop.

12 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Looks awful at the Main Stand / Gorgie Stand 

E7A0D30C-0DB0-4611-AAC7-34923D3155C7.jpeg

Strange that the it will be fine in a couple of weeks brigade haven't been on to tell us to stop stressing out. 

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Its worse at Gorgie end wings which wasn't used for concert. 

I’m no expert, but does a brand new pitch like this not take time to bed in? It’s the first season and winter for it after all. Perhaps someone who knows a bit about this subject can comment?

1 minute ago, Five to One said:

I’m no expert, but does a brand new pitch like this not take time to bed in? It’s the first season and winter for it after all. Perhaps someone who knows a bit about this subject can comment?

Have you been in a coma?

All roads lead to Gorgie

It looked very bare considering the money it cost but it didn't seem to affect the running of the ball, although that was in the air for most of the match having said that. 

9 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Wrong it's now in its 2nd Season. It was pristine this time last year. 

We have had heavy rain but still.

Hope it's not a fungus of some sort .

The grass looks like its affected by bad soil.

Is the pitch under a guarentee from the suppliers?

3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Not persecuted. Just right. 

Frances, I don't think it's related to the problems after the concert. Although others were dismissive of those who were concerned about it, I don't think it's worth re-fighting that argument for this different problem.

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

That's from the players doing one of their running drills pre match.

Thanks for the info Gershwin. I was looking at it again today and it's the part of the ground which gets no sunshine and the least light throughout the year, hence the glazed roof above that section of the stand. I think it's really odd that anyone would be permitted to train in such a vulnerable part of the pitch.

28 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Wrong it's now in its 2nd Season. It was pristine this time last year. 

I stand corrected, but is there a bedding in period or should it be well set by now? Watching the Southampton game and their pitch (don’t know if it’s hybrid or not) looks patchy at best. 

1 minute ago, stan said:

Thanks for the info Gershwin. I was looking at it again today and it's the part of the ground which gets no sunshine and the least light throughout the year, hence the glazed roof above that section of the stand. I think it's really odd that anyone would be permitted to train in such a vulnerable part of the pitch.

We own 6 lightning rigs to compensate for the lack of natural light getting to certain parts of the pitch. Yes the Gorgie End is the worst but the rest of the pitch is really poor too. 

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

We own 6 lightning rigs to compensate for the lack of natural light getting to certain parts of the pitch. Yes the Gorgie End is the worst but the rest of the pitch is really poor too. 

Ok mate, hadn't appreciated it was so widespread. Even more concerning as to the cause.

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I questioned the quality of our ground staff when the old pitch was a mess - looking at the state of our £1m pitch I have to question them again!

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I questioned the quality of our ground staff when the old pitch was a mess - looking at the state of our £1m pitch I have to question them again!

Another shocking post from you. No surprises there.

The pitch is suffering from overuse. Between the Scotland U21s, Hearts ladies and the players being allowed to train on it, the pitch gets practically no rest. It's being done in by overuse.

It was a silly decision to spend so much money on a non-revenue generating area especially as there could have been 10 years of returfed pitch for the same money but a much better cash flow situation.

That they have made a mess of the job makes it even worse.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I wonder if our owner is too. 

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

The pitch is suffering from overuse. Between the Scotland U21s, Hearts ladies and the players being allowed to train on it, the pitch gets practically no rest. It's being done in by overuse.

So are you the Groundsman at Tynecastle if you don't mind me asking. 

14 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Nonsense! These hybrid pitches are designed for heavy use.

Jambof3tornado

It looks like there are large patches with very little grass on them.

Quite bobbly too when you occasionally get to see a long ball played on the deck!!

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Correct either diseased or poor maintenance. Nobody in the know telling us what the issue is. 

How the pitch plays is more important than how it looks. Having said that the players seem to be sliding all over the place for the last few games so I reckon it's down to bad management. As someone said earlier this time last year it was lush.

The Hogfather
43 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

So are you the Groundsman at Tynecastle if you don't mind me asking. 

No, I'm not. I do know members of the ground staff though. 

30 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I'm sure you know better than the ground staff, right enough.

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

No, I'm not. I do know members of the ground staff though. 

I'm sure you know better than the ground staff, right enough.

What I do know is the pitch at Tynecastle has been a disgrace for years!

Have a look at these hybrid pitches down in England at this time of year - for instance Liverpool and Man City pitches get more play than ours with league, cup and champions league games and they are near perfect!

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Have a look at these hybrid pitches down in England at this time of year - for instance Liverpool and Man City pitches get more play than ours with league, cup and champions league games and they are near perfect!

Are you trying to compare the facilities and budget of the ground staff at Manchester City to that of Hearts? :laugh: 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Ok, so what do you suggest they do differently?

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Are you trying to compare the facilities and budget of the ground staff at Manchester City to that of Hearts? :laugh: 

No I’m comparing exactly the same type of hybrid pitches used on these grounds.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I think the Hearts pitch is more high-tech than even theirs. First of its kind with all the extra monitoring stuff available at the time of install.

Do you know the budget for the Etihad or Anfield ground staff? 

Just now, kila said:

I think the Hearts pitch is more high-tech than even theirs. First of its kind with all the extra monitoring stuff available at the time of install.

Do you know the budget for the Etihad or Anfield ground staff? 

He was just trying to deflect from the problem!

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

May be your pal on our ground staff needs to ask them!

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Sounds like your trying to defend the people you know. Pitch is a mess end of. It wasn't in this state this time last year.