Hybrid Pitch

kila

Jambof3tornado
44 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

STRI Group defo project managed the works. SIS Grass only injected the fibres. Are you're mates of the opinion it can be sorted. 

Does it not just get overseeded again? Not sure that can happen at this time of year. Might just have to make do for now.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Does it not just get overseeded again? Not sure that can happen at this time of year. Might just have to make do for now.

Don’t think grass seed would take in winter conditions.

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Don’t think grass seed would take in winter conditions.

Thats why I said we might have to make do for now. The fibre strands are meant to help strengthen the grass roots by giving them more to hold onto but a definite lack of grass is apparent in lots of areas of the pitch.

If overuse is to blame then someones arse needs kicked.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Thats why I said we might have to make do for now. The fibre strands are meant to help strengthen the grass roots by giving them more to hold onto but a definite lack of grass is apparent in lots of areas of the pitch.

If overuse is to blame then someones arse needs kicked.

The problem is that even with the fibre strands you still need to look after the grass and keep it healthy.

As I said this type of pitch is designed for regular use so sorry I think the “overuse” suggestion is a bit of a cop out TBH.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The problem is that even with the fibre strands you still need to look after the grass and keep it healthy.

As I said this type of pitch is designed for regular use so sorry I think the “overuse” suggestion is a bit of a cop out TBH.

Be interesting to find out what the issue is, given the good recovery after the concert fiasco.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Be interesting to find out what the issue is, given the good recovery after the concert fiasco.

I think the Club will keep stume TBH.

Edited by Thomaso

J.T.F.Robertson

"Overuse" after spending a million quid to install? I know buggerall about "green keeping" but if that IS the case you can add it to the numerous millions we've pissed up against the wall over the past few years.

I really hate bitching like this but I am just so ****ing angry.

7 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

"Overuse" after spending a million quid to install? I know buggerall about "green keeping" but if that IS the case you can add it to the numerous millions we've pissed up against the wall over the past few years.

Total shambles that the pitch is in this state. Well done to whoever is responsible. Don't think we will see anyone sticking their hand up to this one tho. 

Although it looked good after the very first install, it was still quite bare (when looked at closely from above) and the same goes for after the recovery from the concert. 

I dont know if it would have benefitted from longer time with no play on it or if it is a disease that is completely separate to that. Either way it needs fixed

kingantti1874
11 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Is it “ our” maintenance team tho or is it one supplied by the company that laid it ? 

Surely if it is our employees they’ll be following instructions given to them ? 

It’s ours and he posts on here sometimes 

9 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

It is a joke. £1 million for a new pitch, and it is over used after only eight or nine game. 

Maroonblood22

Between the state of the pitch and the state of the players, Stendel must be wondering what the **** he's signed up to here. That pitch was embarrassing yesterday! 

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

It is a joke. £1 million for a new pitch, and it is over used after only eight or nine game. 

It can’t be a kick in the arse off it’s 50th usage this season. Not including the cluster**** of the concert. 

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Overuse doesn't come into it. A hybrid pitch should be usable pretty much on a daily basis.

Are you saying you know better than the ground staff?

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Are you saying you know better than the ground staff?

By the state of the pitch that would not be difficult.

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

By the state of the pitch that would not be difficult.

I trust you'll be raising this issue at the AGM? I'm sure they would very much like your expert input in how to improve the standard of the surface.

kingantti1874
Just now, Nunya Business said:

I trust you'll be raising this issue at the AGM? I'm sure they would very much like your expert input in how to improve the standard of the surface.

I’d phone the boys from Motherwell. 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

It’s ours and he posts on here sometimes 

Oh dear , that’s not good ☹️

Just watching highlights on bt sport or pitches around grounds and the fir park pitch in background of coverage...

We have paid £1 million to have the worst pitch in the league.

As season ticket holder for 30 years and a 20quid pm FoH pledger (so putting my share of cash into club) I am really concerned fans money is being severely squandered on and off the pitch (pun intended) with little accountability.

Sure this has been discussed throughout this thread so apologies if repetition of points.

I'm no expert but assume that our unique combination of narrow pitch and high stands are the cause of the problem, both in terms of concentrated wear and tear, and lack of sunlight.

2 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Just watching highlights on bt sport or pitches around grounds and the fir park pitch in background of coverage...

We have paid £1 million to have the worst pitch in the league.

As season ticket holder for 30 years and a 20quid pm FoH pledger (so putting my share of cash into club) I am really concerned fans money is being severely squandered on and off the pitch (pun intended) with little accountability.

Sure this has been discussed throughout this thread so apologies if repetition of points.

The club is a joke, anyone who thinks Budge isn't a problem is just blinded by the fact she's an old Scottish women, if this was happening under some foreign owner there would be mass uproar.

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

You’ve tried to play that card before. Doesn’t change the fact that our £1m pitch is a disgrace and you don’t need to be an “expert” to see that’

I was happy that we invested in a new pitch but if we don’t have the means to maintain it properly then what’s the point :laugh:

Is a pitch like ours more expensive and difficult to maintain now that it’s hybrid or something?  Other teams round the country don’t seem to have this problem, I don’t think ER which gets the same weather conditions as us is anywhere near as bad as ours is just now. 

It will frustrate the players to **** and it’s one less thing we could be doing with just now. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You’ve tried to play that card before. Doesn’t change the fact that our £1m pitch is a disgrace and you don’t need to be an “expert” to see that’

Just different lines of attack mate.

They’ve failed with backing Levein, McPhee, our shit players, Budge etc etc.

So now it’s “to have a valid opinion you need to go to the AGM”

I blame the losers in our support as much as Budge/Levein tbh

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I'm no expert but assume that our unique combination of narrow pitch and high stands are the cause of the problem, both in terms of concentrated wear and tear, and lack of sunlight.

All the premier league teams in England have hybrid pitches and most have high enclosed stadium - none have pitches as bad as ours.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

So now it’s “to have a valid opinion you need to go to the MSM”

👍

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

All the premier league teams in England have hybrid pitches and most have high enclosed stadium - none have pitches as bad as ours.

The clubs in England have huge UV lamps that cover huge areas of the pitch for regrowing the grass 12 months of year particularly for winter months.

I know hears have one but is tiny compared to the ones the english clubs have...assume due to cost 

kingantti1874
Just now, J80MBO said:

The clubs in England have huge UV lamps that cover huge areas of the pitch for regrowing the grass 12 months of year particularly for winter months.

I know hears have one but is tiny compared to the ones the english clubs have...assume due to cost 

but more Lamps than the other clubs in Scotland who done have a state of the art pitch with I quote “the most advanced drainage monitoring system” available

Do we have an obligation to play Scottish youth matches at Tynecastle?  If someone on here knows it’s all down to overuse, then the club must also know and surely it’s as simple as finding a new pitch to play the women’s games on and not hosting Scottish youth matches?  

I suspect there’s more to it than that.  Everything seems to be going wrong at hertz at the moment :( 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

It can’t be a kick in the arse off it’s 50th usage this season. Not including the cluster**** of the concert. 

Sorry.  I meant first team games this season.  

Regardless, it is a state, and the £1 million seems a total waste.  

30 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Is this you back to demand we sack the groundsmen because the greenskeeper at Party golf course told you so? :laugh: 

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

So now it’s “to have a valid opinion you need to go to the AGM”

It does seem to be the new response to anyone who dares question or criticise. 

“Raise it at the AGM”. 

Well, I hope someone does.   I cannot make it, so I can’t.  It does not make my, or anyone else’s opinion less valid, though. 

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

We have more than one.

10 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Is this you back to demand we sack the groundsmen because the greenskeeper at Party golf course told you so? :laugh: 

You are coming across as a real twat.

Is your opinion that the pitch is well maintained and in good shape?

There are lots of things that should be challenged at the club currently and this is just another example of it. Acting like a smart arse just shows you up as part of the problem.

41 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

We have 6 lighting rigs. 

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

this is an asset the club invested £1m in.. most of that money comes from the fans .. people are quite right to be pissed off in all honesty.. whatever the reason, it’s ****ed and questions need to be asked of everyone involved 

10 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

We have 6 lighting rigs. 

Spurs have 4  that go from one side of pitch to the other.

I am not sure if you are trying to provide counter argument but if you were you did not.

Livi game was the first time I noticed it cutting up down by the main stand/Gorgie stand corner. Looked much worse yesterday. Pretty bad tbh. 

22 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

You are coming across as a real twat.

Is your opinion that the pitch is well maintained and in good shape?

There are lots of things that should be challenged at the club currently and this is just another example of it. Acting like a smart arse just shows you up as part of the problem.

I honestly couldn't give less of a **** what you think tbh. You showed yourself up on the Sean Clare thread, so your opinions have been chucked firmly in the bin.

Thanks for your concern though. 

:)

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Old Trafford UV lighting covers 80% plus of pitch at any one time

motherwell UV lighting covers 0% of the pitch. 

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

I honestly couldn't give less of a **** what you think tbh. You showed yourself up on the Sean Clare thread, so your opinions have been chucked firmly in the bin.

Thanks for your concern though. 

:)

Not a problem, have a great day 

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

this is an asset the club invested £1m in.. most of that money comes from the fans .. people are quite right to be pissed off in all honesty.. whatever the reason, it’s ****ed and questions need to be asked of everyone involved 

People with more knowledge of how the pitch works than you and me have put it down to overuse. The Alan Titchmarsh brigade don't seem to want to accept that as a factor.

Make of that what you will.