Hybrid Pitch

kila

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No I’m comparing exactly the same type of hybrid pitches used on these grounds.

That's a yes then.  

I repeat, :laugh: 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

Another shocking post from you. No surprises there.

The pitch is suffering from overuse. Between the Scotland U21s, Hearts ladies and the players being allowed to train on it, the pitch gets practically no rest. It's being done in by overuse.

If it is over use which I doubt who is responsible for over using it?

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

That's a yes then.  

I repeat, :laugh: 

Glad you find it funny that our £1m “state of the art pitch” is a feckin mess! 😏

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Sounds like your trying to defend the people you know. Pitch is a mess end of. It wasn't in this state this time last year. 

Last year around the same time Scotland U21's played at Tynecastle and pitch was not patchy at all during winter

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

May be your pal on our ground staff needs to ask them!

No, I'm asking you. You appear to be quite knowledgable about the issues the pitch has. So what would be your suggestion to the current ground staff as to what they should do differently? Happy to pass your suggestions along.

Sounds like your trying to defend the people you know. Pitch is a mess end of. It wasn't in this state this time last year. 

Why wouldn't I defend them? I know the level of work they put in on a daily basis.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

If it is over use which I doubt who is responsible for over using it?

If you read my post about overuse, you'll see who I've said have contributed to that.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Last year around the same time Scotland U21's played at Tynecastle and pitch was not patchy at all during winter

I know this full well. 

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Glad you find it funny that our £1m “state of the art pitch” is a feckin mess! 😏

I just find it funny that you're trying to have the ground staff sacked on the basis Manchester City pitch is nicer.

What a riddy you are.

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

No, I'm asking you. You appear to be quite knowledgable about the issues the pitch has. So what would be your suggestion to the current ground staff as to what they should do differently? Happy to pass your suggestions along.

You don’t have to be a groundsman or even “quite knowledgeable” to see that the pitch is a feckin mess - 14,000 or whatever the crowd was could see that with their own eyes.

Our hybrid pitch was meant to be state of the art with a good surface right throughout the season - your excuse that it was “over played” does not stand scrutiny as has been pointed out by others.

My suggestion is that the Club should bring in an independent expert to ascertain what the problem is.

6 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I just find it funny that you're trying to have the ground staff sacked on the basis Manchester City pitch is nicer.

What a riddy you are.

Stop making up shite - that is not what I said. But you already know that.

5 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Why wouldn't I defend them? I know the level of work they put in on a daily basis.

If you read my post about overuse, you'll see who I've said haove contributed to that.

I've yet to see another Hybrid pitch in this state in early December. So you are saying overuse is the problem for the current condition. So is it our owners fault for allowing all these games you claim to have caused the damage. I still don't believe that it should be in such a bad way even given the amount games played. I done the stadium your late October and was pitchside and thought at the time it didn't look great. The grass was very short and it very firm on top. So can your mates fix it then. 

You don’t have to be a groundsman or even “quite knowledgeable” to see that the pitch is a feckin mess - 14,000 or whatever the crowd was could see that with their own eyes.

Our hybrid pitch was meant to be state of the art with a good surface right throughout the season - your excuse that it was “over played” does not stand scrutiny as has been pointed out by others.

My suggestion is that the Club should bring in an independent expert to ascertain what the problem is.

Can’t disagree with that , any one at the game today who thinks the pitch was fine is kidding themselves on .

7 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Can’t disagree with that , any one at the game today who thinks the pitch was fine is kidding themselves on .

Absolutely as I said earlier looks like the pitch is fecked till the Summer sadly. Too many games so we are told. So it would appear that the club official that sanctioned all these additional fixtures is to blame.

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

If you read my post about overuse, you'll see who I've said have contributed to that.

Your post about over use blamed those using it. I don't think they just turned up without someone agreeing they could use it.  I doubt that over use is the issue but as with so much about Hearts recently no-one seems to take responsibility

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Absolutely as I said earlier looks like the pitch is fecked till the Summer sadly. Too many games so we are told. So it would appear that the club official that sanctioned all these additional fixtures is to blame.

I’m just not accepting a spend of £1m to get that kind of surface and the club definitely shouldn't. 

Hybrid surfaces should be immaculate all year round, no matter the amount of games played on it. 

Something has went wrong somewhere down the line and maybe the groundsman isn't qualified enough to know how to sort it? 

I was up in Row 28 today, and the pitch was atrocious. Maybe the higher view made it look worse than it was at ground level, but it looked like we were playing on 50% dirt, 50% grass!  Especially at the Gorgie end on the dugout side, that far corner was barren! 

I get that it's winter, but didn't we spend a million quid on the pitch!?  It looked like shite! 

Probably been said already on this thread, but we have another three home games before the end of the year.  Based on the state of it today, it’s going to be verging on unplayable for the Aberdeen game.

2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It looked very bare considering the money it cost but it didn't seem to affect the running of the ball, although that was in the air for most of the match having said that. 

Balls on the ground definitely bobbled a lot. Can't mind who it was that had a shot into the Roseburn end, but it jumped up just as they hit it, and it went wildly wide.  Possibly Hickey? 

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Probably been said already on this thread, but we have another three home games before the end of the year.  Based on the state of it today, it’s going to be verging on unplayable for the Aberdeen game.

That might be a blessing 

27 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I've yet to see another Hybrid pitch in this state in early December. So you are saying overuse is the problem for the current condition. So is it our owners fault for allowing all these games you claim to have caused the damage. I still don't believe that it should be in such a bad way even given the amount games played. I done the stadium your late October and was pitchside and thought at the time it didn't look great. The grass was very short and it very firm on top. So can your mates fix it then. 

Interesting comment. If you check back on the previous thread on the state of the old pitch you will see I confirmed that a green keeper pal of mine said the pitch was getting cut far too short and as a result that was weakening the turf.

Edited by Thomaso

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I’m just not accepting a spend of £1m to get that kind of surface and the club definitely shouldn't. 

But what if its our maintenance team that are to blame. No come back to the installation company if this is the case. 

Interesting comment. If you check back on the previous thread on the state of the old pitch you will see I confirmed that a green keeper pal of mine said the pitch was getting cut far too short that was weakening the turf.

Yes I do recall that being pointed out. 

But what if its our maintenance team that are to blame. No come back to the installation company if this is the case. 

Is it “ our” maintenance team tho or is it one supplied by the company that laid it ? 

Surely if it is our employees they’ll be following instructions given to them ? 

Samuel Camazzola
3 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Sadly it looks like the pitch is now fecked till the summer time. Time to get a proper Groundsman Inn as this is totally unacceptable. Its now looking like the worst surface in the league. 

Good boozer? 

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Is it “ our” maintenance team tho or is it one supplied by the company that laid it ? 

Surely if it is our employees they’ll be following instructions given to them ? 

STRI Group project managed the works and Carrick Sports carried out the works. This was then followed up by Sis Grass who injected the hybrid fibres into the ground. As mentioned earlier we had been told that this was going to be one of the most monitored pitches in the world. As to who's fault that the pitch is in this mess would have to be confirmed by the club and I very much doubt they will share this information on here. 

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

green keeper pal of mine said

I'm sure the club would be delighted to take the advice of the local bowling club lackey :laugh: 

Edited by Phil Dunphy

STRI Group project managed the works and Carrick Sports carried out the works. This was then followed up by Sis Grass who injected the hybrid fibres into the ground. As mentioned earlier we had been told that this was going to be one of the most monitored pitches in the world. As to who's fault that the pitch is in this mess would have to be confirmed by the club and I very much doubt they will share this information on here. 

They might need to at the AGM though if asked nicely 

The Hogfather
48 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The club are in constant contact with a rep from SIS. Not that you'd know that, because your greenskeeper pal won't have told you that.

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I'm sure the club would be delighted to take the advice of the local bowling club lackey :laugh: 

Head Greenkeeper at a top golf club  - but bash on with your infantile drivel Phil.

The Hogfather
25 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Your post about over use blamed those using it. I don't think they just turned up without someone agreeing they could use it.  I doubt that over use is the issue but as with so much about Hearts recently no-one seems to take responsibility

The AGM is coming up. You could always ask who is responsible for the pitch being used for Scotland U21s and the Hearts Women's side. As for who authorises training on the pitch? I'm sure you could work that one out if you really wanted to.

Head Greenkeeper at a top golf club  - but bash on with your infantile drivel Phil.

:laugh:

Is he likely to get the sack if his 18th green isn't as nice as the one at Carnoustie? :rofl:  

Just now, Nunya Business said:

The club are in constant contact with a rep from SIS. Not that you'd know that, because your greenskeeper pal won't have told you that.

He wouldn’t know - all he would know is the pitch is a mess like the rest of us.

So tell us more - what did the SIS rep tell your groundsman pal? What exactly has gone wrong?

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Can't understand why anyone would defend the state of the playing surface, it's clearly not at the expected standard for such an expense. 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

:laugh:

Is he likely to get the sack if his 18th green isn't as nice as the one at Carnoustie? :rofl:  

Give it break Phil you’re just making an arse of yourself.

Just now, stotty said:

Can't understand why anyone would defend the state of the playing surface, it's clearly not at the expected standard for such an expense. 

It’s just Phil trolling - sad really.

6 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Is it not STRI that are the pitch consultants rather than Sis. 

Oops looks like our groundsman is speaking to the wrong people.......

Short grass in winter is no good. But not clear what is going on, if disease or human error. Won't be any better for Celtic's visit but that may be to our advantage.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

More great news.  More ammunition for us to be mocked.

Whoever caused this should be forced to play for us.

In fairness, Ann Budge would probably do a better job than the current players.

The Hogfather
9 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I believe it's SIS, but that could be my mistake. 

Oops looks like our groundsman is speaking to the wrong people.......

Not the only thing going wrong on this subject. 

4 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Why do we train on it every Friday? What other club does that?

Under the previous management team, the players would train on the pitch the day before a game. So if we were playing Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday, we'd be training three times on that pitch.

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

I believe it's SIS, but that could be my mistake. 

STRI Group defo project managed the works. SIS Grass only injected the fibres. Are you're mates of the opinion it can be sorted. 

The Hogfather

STRI Group defo project managed the works. SIS Grass only injected the fibres. Are you're mates of the opinion it can be sorted. 

I haven't spoken to any of them after todays game, but I'd be stunned if it couldn't be. It wouldn't surprise me if there was actually someone still there right now. 

After Livingston, there was a member of the ground staff working on the pitch past midnight.

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I haven't spoken to any of them after todays game, but I'd be stunned if it couldn't be. It wouldn't surprise me if there was actually someone still there right now. 

After Livingston, there was a member of the ground staff working on the pitch past midnight.

It was poor against Livingston but was much worse today despite having been unused for 10 days. I dread to think how it's going to look come the end of the month. 

Just a reminder that comments threatening reports to the mods or gloating about reporting to the mods are not allowed. 

Please keep this thread on topic.

Thanks.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, stotty said:

Correct but remember there were dafties that defended Levein til the end!!

It does look very short and lots of bare patches.