Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, kila said:

I'd hope they would've done it again after the Aberdeen game, is there any reason not to overseed the overseed? 

No idea

Haringshairband

I know this isn't relevant to the hybrid pitch but did anyone notice the massive chips out of the paint on the  goal posts v Aberdeen? Presumably from goal keepers kicking the mud out of their studs. Surely it doesn't take much to have someone give them a quick lick of paint

pettigrewsstylist

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/pitch-perfect-1

Wee reminder. Surely we should be able to to anticipate problems with the state of art monitoring system! The state of the pitch, this whole month IMO, has been poor.

There most likely are some actions or findings, driving an agenda I'm unaware of , but at the end of the day it was a significant investment, we are heading towards change of ownership/responsibility, and I'm guessing its not performing as expected/hoped/promised.

Anyone know if this sort of purchase comes with any guarantee/warranty or maintenance contract from supplier?

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I have about 500 to corroborate what I said. 

Sorry, if it's not at least a thousand then we have to accept Thomaso's version. Even though I was there I must now face up to the fact I have gone deaf and didn't hear the explanation given

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Sorry, if it's not at least a thousand then we have to accept Thomaso's version. Even though I was there I must now face up to the fact I have gone deaf and didn't hear the explanation given

She made comments about having the company that installed it looking at it along with other experts and found no faults. They ask home and away players for their views on it after every game and have had no criticisms. Then she told us what was in my post.  Maybe you had nodded of? Quite a few did.  

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

She made comments about having the company that installed it looking at it along with other experts and found no faults. They ask home and away players for their views on it after every game and have had no criticisms. Then she told us what was in my post.  Maybe you had nodded of? Quite a few did.  

Think you missed the sarcasm in my post

15 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/pitch-perfect-1

Wee reminder. Surely we should be able to to anticipate problems with the state of art monitoring system! The state of the pitch, this whole month IMO, has been poor.

There most likely are some actions or findings, driving an agenda I'm unaware of , but at the end of the day it was a significant investment, we are heading towards change of ownership/responsibility, and I'm guessing its not performing as expected/hoped/promised.

Anyone know if this sort of purchase comes with any guarantee/warranty or maintenance contract from supplier?

It’s a question of whether it just looks poor or does it play poor as well. At the agm she said they are not getting complaints from players. I wouldn’t think  there’s any guarantees unless the actual structure fails. Our grounds men have been looking after it for nearly 18 months so they are now responsible for it. They still get advice from the installers. 

27 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

I know this isn't relevant to the hybrid pitch but did anyone notice the massive chips out of the paint on the  goal posts v Aberdeen? Presumably from goal keepers kicking the mud out of their studs. Surely it doesn't take much to have someone give them a quick lick of paint

Been like that for ages and is a quick fix as you say

While they're at it painting the goal posts, they should do the gable ends maroon :whistling:

2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Think you missed the sarcasm in my post

I did but then there’s going deaf or falling asleep.  Two different things.  
And a third for some of the attendees - don’t hear anything you don’t want to hear. Been a lot of that at recent agm’s 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s a question of whether it just looks poor or does it play poor as well. At the agm she said they are not getting complaints from players. I wouldn’t think  there’s any guarantees unless the actual structure fails. Our grounds men have been looking after it for nearly 18 months so they are now responsible for it. They still get advice from the installers. 

Cheers. Wonder what monitoring system is saying then. Surely that is key.

9 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Cheers. Wonder what monitoring system is saying then. Surely that is key.

The monitoring squares were clearly visable in the first season of the new surface they where just outside the 18 yard box If I remember correctly. There is no visable sign of them anymore. No issue tho as Auntie Anne says the pitch is fine lol. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I have about 500 to corroborate what I said. 

Fair enough , wasn't at the AGM . 

I do find it frustrating when people choose to lie about the club . 

I can only assume their agenda .

9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Can only be that. 

43 minutes ago, XB52 said:

My “version” is that the Club are stonewalling fans about the Reason for the terrible condition of the pitch.

First I’ve heard that they said at the AGM that experts have looked at it and found nothing wrong - well there IS obviously something badly wrong for a £1m hybrid pitch to get in that sorry state.

So what exactly was the “explanation” they gave at the AGM other than they were going to over seed and no players had complained?

As for their story that players have not complained - Hearts players are unlikely to shit in their nest and complain publicly are they - and as opposition teams have been winning regularly at Tynecastle they are unlikely to complain either!

So I guess the fans will never know the real reason for the pitch deterioration and we all hope there will be a big improvement by the end on January as the Club have promised.

25 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

“Lie about the Club”? Hardly.

See my post.

12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My “version” is that the Club are stonewalling fans about the Reason for the terrible condition of the pitch.

First I’ve heard that they said at the AGM that experts have looked at it and found nothing wrong - well there IS obviously something badly wrong for a £1m hybrid pitch to get in that sorry state.

So what exactly was the “explanation” they gave at the AGM other than they were going to over seed and no players had complained?

As for their story that players have not complained - Hearts players are unlikely to shit in their nest and complain publicly are they - and as opposition teams have been winning regularly at Tynecastle they are unlikely to complain either!

So I guess the fans will never know the real reason for the pitch deterioration and we all hope there will be a big improvement by the end on January as the Club have promised.

Spot on. 

44 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Could it be that a condition of the suppliers fixing it under warranty is that there is no adverse publicity around it? It's odd that Celtic have a similar mysterious problem. 🤷🏻‍♂️

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Could it be that a condition of the suppliers fixing it under warranty is that there is no adverse publicity around it? It's odd that Celtic have a similar mysterious problem. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think Celtic have the Desso Grass master system while we have the SIS Grass version. Virtually the same thing I would imagine. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Were you at the agm? 
I’m not saying I agree with the message given at the agm or I don’t agree with it. I was just correcting you and another poster who said that the club had not communicated anything about the pitch when indeed they had. 
As I said on another post they said that basically there was no need for any ‘explanation’ because the ‘experts ‘ were saying there was nothing wrong with it and neither were any of the players who had played on it. It does look bare in patches but they have taken the recommended remedial action and now it’s a case of waiting to see if it makes any difference. Have you actually been on the pitch to verify that there is indeed something wrong with it or are you in just the same boat as the rest of us that because it doesn’t look good we think there ‘could ‘ be something wrong with it? 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

It is a possible scenario Dave

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Were you at the agm? 
I’m not saying I agree with the message given at the agm or I don’t agree with it. I was just correcting you and another poster who said that the club had not communicated anything about the pitch when indeed they had. 
As I said on another post they said that basically there was no need for any ‘explanation’ because the ‘experts ‘ were saying there was nothing wrong with it and neither were any of the players who had played on it. It does look bare in patches but they have taken the recommended remedial action and now it’s a case of waiting to see if it makes any difference. Have you actually been on the pitch to verify that there is indeed something wrong with it or are you in just the same boat as the rest of us that because it doesn’t look good we think there ‘could ‘ be something wrong with it? 

I was not at the AGM and can only go by what was reported on here and in the media.

I didn’t say the Club did not communicate anything about the pitch - what I said was I did not think what they communicated was the full story.

To answer your question I was on the pitch when I was sponsor a few games ago and it was very thin with grass - since then it looks to be worse.

If the experts are saying there is nothing wrong with the state of the pitch then IMO we have wasted £1m.

3 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

I think Celtic have the Desso Grass master system while we have the SIS Grass version. Virtually the same thing I would imagine. 

Only Murrayfield has desso in Scotland. Hearts and Celtic both sis and rangers have sis the width of the goals up to the edge of the 18yard box 

1 hour ago, 18grantmc74 said:

Only Murrayfield has desso in Scotland. Hearts and Celtic both sis and rangers have sis the width of the goals up to the edge of the 18yard box 

Thanks for that Mr Groundsman. Hope you and your colleague have the park looking good soon. 

Francis Albert
21 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Wouldn't show much faith in their product to include that as a condition of the warranty.

And if I was paying £1m (or a lot less) for something  I don't think I'd accept it as condition. It is not something I have seen personally or in business.

It would be interesting to know if the contractors/suppliers have been involved in the remedial work. Would maybe give a clue as to whether it is being done under warranty.

Edited by Francis Albert

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Wouldn't show much faith in their product to include that as a condition of the warranty.

And if I was paying £1m (or a lot less) for something  I don't think I'd accept it as condition. It is not something I have seen personally or in business.

It would be interesting to know if the contractors/suppliers have been involved in the remedial work. Would maybe give a clue as to whether it is being done under warranty.

I’ve seen it previously as reputational damage is strongly managed in some businesses. However, I am just speculating as Celtic aren’t saying much either in terms of root(😊) cause. 

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

On the SISGrass website Celtic is included iunder the list of "Hybrid Pitches that exceed our clients' expectations". Hearts not mentioned.https://www.sispitches.com/products/hybrid-pitch-sisgrass/

It should be acknowledged in all the talk about £1m is that the underlying compacton, drainage, undersoil heating and irrigation are all part of that bill. The "hybrid" part of all that seems relatively trivial in comparison, eg just 5 days work at Derby County ground. It is, however, the element that was specific to ensuring the health, higher usablity and resilience of the surface by providing an artificial anchor for roots. That simply doesn't seem to be the case in practice even superficially with surface grass being ripped up in slide tackles leaving long skid marks and it feels very similar to our old pitch problem of shallow roots causing the surface problems.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

On the SISGrass website Celtic is included iunder the list of "Hybrid Pitches that exceed our clients' expectations". Hearts not mentioned.https://www.sispitches.com/products/hybrid-pitch-sisgrass/

It should be acknowledged in all the talk about £1m is that the underlying compacton, drainage, undersoil heating and irrigation are all part of that bill. The "hybrid" part of all that seems relatively trivial in comparison, eg just 5 days work at Derby County ground. It is, however, the element that was specific to ensuring the health, higher usablity and resilience of the surface by providing an artificial anchor for roots. That simply doesn't seem to be the case in practice even superficially with surface grass being ripped up in slide tackles leaving long skid marks and it feels very similar to our old pitch problem of shallow roots causing the surface problems.

Good points though I was referring to contractors/suppliers involved not just the hybrid pitch supplier.

Having said that I'd have thought the hybrid supplier (bearing in mind Dave's point about reputational damage and the high profile nature of the job) would have had a say in the suitability/spec of the work on the underlying stuff on which the hybrid pitch was to be laid.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Does anyone have any updated information/pictures on the current state of the pitch? 

Stendel's got the groundkeepers helping with the high school pitches instead

13 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Does anyone have any updated information/pictures on the current state of the pitch? 

Don’t hold your breath...

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe tomorrow...

They did say it would be sorted by the end of January to be fair.

I’d like a full report from independent consultants on the drainage, under soil heating, aggregate/sand/soil, sprinkler system, hybrid pitch and information regarding who is responsible for maintaining the pitch / guarantee.

Craig Lhevein has morphed into a Mole and is out ever night chewing up the plastic grass ready to transform into a Goat next week to demolish what's left of the real Grass.

😢😢😢

7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I’d like a full report from independent consultants on the drainage, under soil heating, aggregate/sand/soil, sprinkler system, hybrid pitch and information regarding who is responsible for maintaining the pitch / guarantee.

Off you go and arrange one then. 😄

Given that we were the first “in the world” to have the new monitoring system fully installed I suppose there is every chance that the technology simply doesn’t work? Wouldn’t be the first time an early adopter has been stung.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Takis51 said:

Injured, due back early March, hamstrings 😉

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

WoolfordsHearts
46 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If the club sign a new centre half,a couple of midfielders,a winger and a striker this January,we'll go half stuffs on your 6 consultants.👍

16 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Email the club.

16 hours ago, mitch41 said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You have to be at it. :rofl:

20 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Off you go and arrange one then. 😄

Can I ? So I just go to Tynecastle and say davemclaren gave me permission to arrange a full independent report into the new pitch installation and it’s guarantee. I have a company here with permission to go over all the details from start to now of the newly installed hybrid pitch.