Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Famous 1874

Me and my dad have renewed. Hopefully the management get the signings in the summer correct and we have a much better season next year.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I find it interesting that season tickets have been on sale for a few weeks now and we've not had anything out the club on how they are selling. Im assuming this is because they aren't selling as well as the club hoped? Im not blaming anyone for not renewing everyone is entitled to do as they please. Does anyone ITK have an idea of how many have shifted?

We had similar chat last year about lack of updates and a poster then claimed 3k had been sold only for an official update to come out shortly after advising it was at least 10k (maybe more). 

Based on that I don't think you can read anything into the lack if update yet as that was a lot further down the line.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I find it interesting that season tickets have been on sale for a few weeks now and we've not had anything out the club on how they are selling. Im assuming this is because they aren't selling as well as the club hoped? Im not blaming anyone for not renewing everyone is entitled to do as they please. Does anyone ITK have an idea of how many have shifted?

Ann said 2000 in the Thistle programme so presumably that was in  the first 10 days or so.

8 hours ago, davieholt said:

And yet, ST sales determine how much they can spend on players. A catch 22 situation.

Agreed Davie 

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

HIBS fans have a financial incentive to book early.

I believe the cut off for  early bird prices is this week.

No such incentive for Hearts fans but we will get there in the end . Just like last season they had sold about 9000 before we had even started.

Victories over Celtic and Hibs at home would be a huge boost to our sales efforts.

Here's hoping.?

Their prices are considerably cheaper than ours as well.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Their prices are considerably cheaper than ours as well.

Didn’t know that. How much cheaper?

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Staggeringly so in comparison to platinum!!

As a Platinum ST holder with a 14, 13 and 11 year old, I am paying £1045 at Tynecastle... It would cost £715 at ER.

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Quite a bit depending on when you buy.

Our Platinum is £495 compared to their top price of £405.

An OAP is £326 compared to them at £225.

They have Family prices which appear to be even cheaper.

This is a link to their prices

http://generationhibs.co.uk/pricing-and-key-dates/

This is ours.

https://readymag.com/hmfc/1004640/3/

Edited by wavydavy

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is ours.

They are also offering an interest free 11 month payment option.

In summary, I think Hibs have hugely underpriced their tickets, but are aggressively looking to grow their support.

Hearts on the other hand have taken their support a little bit for granted... Surprisingly so after 2 really poor seasons.

The debacle over the withdrawal and subsequent reinstatement of U13 tickets was not helpful and we probably have 4 sections too much of Platinum seating.  The surfeit of Platinum is exacerbated by the scandalously expensive price of child STs in this area... £220 v £110 in Gold!!!

The chances are that we will probably sell less tickets than Hibs but generate more income, but we need to be careful that we aren't shrinking our supporter Base at a time when Hibs are going all to grow theirs.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

In summary, I think Hibs have hugely underpriced their tickets, but are aggressively looking to grow their support.

Hearts on the other hand have taken their support a little bit for granted... Surprisingly so after 2 really poor seasons.

The debacle over the withdrawal and subsequent reinstatement of U13 tickets was not helpful and we probably have 4 sections too much of Platinum seating.  The surfeit of Platinum is exacerbated by the scandalously expensive price of child STs in this area... £220 v £110 in Gold!!!

The chances are that we will probably sell less tickets than Hibs but generate more income, but we need to be careful that we aren't shrinking our supporter Base at a time when Hibs are going all to grow theirs.

Wow. Didn’t realise there were such disparities in price. They must have reduced their prices from this season? 

22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is ours.

At a first glance, Hibs have certainly tried to make it very easy in terms of price and availability of seats to get as many season tickets sold as possible. Hard to see how it adds up income wise between the clubs, but you'd imagine the same number of sales for both clubs would give Hearts a much bigger income from their sales. Their early bird offer seems to have just closed and they've sold over 2/3rds of their total from last season with the most expensive adult seat at £385, and lowest child seat at £25. Just can't see how that adds up financially really.

Jambof3tornado

Hibs prices.......meaningless unless you want to watch hibs!!

Get your tickets bought so we can finish the retirement home.......sorry squad building!! (Joke)

David McCaig
Just now, JALBO said:

At a first glance, Hibs have certainly tried to make it very easy in terms of price and availability of seats to get as many season tickets sold as possible. Hard to see how it adds up income wise between the clubs, but you'd imagine the same number of sales for both clubs would give Hearts a much bigger income from their sales. Their early bird offer seems to have just closed and they've sold over 2/3rds of their total from last season with the most expensive adult seat at £385, and lowest child seat at £25. Just can't see how that adds up financially really.

Ann Budge wants ourselves and Hibs to be bestest buddies sharing Airport shops and group hugs all round... Hibs on the other hand wanted us to die and are now seeking to beat Hearts in every possible way.

They want to lay claim to being Edinburgh's best supported club by fair means or foul.  If this means selling STs for a song or handing out thousands of free tickets to schools and counting them in the attendance figures, even when the kids don't turn up, so be it.

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Ann Budge wants ourselves and Hibs to be bestest buddies sharing Airport shops and group hugs all round... Hibs on the other hand wanted us to die and are now seeking to beat Hearts in every possible way.

They want to lay claim to being Edinburgh's best supported club by fair means or foul.  If this means selling STs for a song or handing out thousands of free tickets to schools and counting them in the attendance figures, even when the kids don't turn up, so be it.

Well, at those prices, I can imagine them getting over 14,000 this year. I 'd heard they were handing out tickets at schools, but didn't realise it was thousands. Is that a fact?

King Of The Cat Cafe
51 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Staggeringly so in comparison to platinum!!

As a Platinum ST holder with a 14, 13 and 11 year old, I am paying £1045 at Tynecastle... It would cost £715 at ER.

Even less if you put on short trousers and said you were the 16yo brother of the 14, 13, and 11 year olds....

May as well go the whole hog the Hibs way.

Was on the stadium tour today and, though he couldn’t put a figure on it the guide thought sales were up. Make of that what you will

20 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Even less if you put on short trousers and said you were the 16yo brother of the 14, 13, and 11 year olds....

May as well go the whole hog the Hibs way.

Are they still doing this ? Ripping off their own club. Very Hibs

Edited by 1971fozzy

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Was on the stadium tour today and, though he couldn’t put a figure on it the guide thought sales were up. Make of that what you will

I can't possibly believe that's true... Although technically we have sold more STs than we had at this point last year ?

56 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Wow. Didn’t realise there were such disparities in price. They must have reduced their prices from this season? 

And it's a big change

Around the Championship season where Hibs kept their Premiership prices they were more expensive 

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Hibs prices.......meaningless unless you want to watch hibs!!

Get your tickets bought so we can finish the retirement home.......sorry squad building!! (Joke)

Any good business should be aware of their competitor pricing. Ok none of us are going to be switching over to buying a season ticket at Easter Rd but it does make you wonder about how they can compete at the same level as us when they will no doubt be bringing in less money from season ticket sales.

I guess Hibs are trying to get as many in now whist they’re playing well. Offering competitive prices in the hope that they’ll stay loyal going forward. Makes it more important than ever that the fans back the club in numbers this season regardless of how you feel the club is being run on or off the pitch. 

Mate renewed his next to mine today £993 for the two of us or about 5 vermin season tickets (see earlier posts).

I think hibs have probably stole a march on us in recent times.  They've been attracting young fans through the gates with free tickets, singing sections etc.  We might turn our noses up at that but for young people its probably been more enjoyable (and affordable) to follow hibs.

Hopefully we can turn it around and start being more welcoming to younger fans and not just focusing on the family brand.

3 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

I think hibs have probably stole a march on us in recent times.  They've been attracting young fans through the gates with free tickets, singing sections etc.  We might turn our noses up at that but for young people its probably been more enjoyable (and affordable) to follow hibs.

Hopefully we can turn it around and start being more welcoming to younger fans and not just focusing on the family brand.

No matter what has panned out in the past and what happens in the future Hearts have and always will have a bigger support than the Hobos Re of what they try and do..thems the FACTS 

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Child ie up to 13 are £110 in platinum. 14/15/16 year olds are £220. 

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I can't possibly believe that's true... Although technically we have sold more STs than we had at this point last year ?

That’s what I thought but I’ll wait and see. Makes no odds to me. I’ll be renewing on Monday

scott herbertson

No category B on Hibs site as far as I can seee

makes our cheapest tickets considerably cheaper than theirs

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

That's true, but we only sold about 200 Cat B this season - and those seats are then sold at full Cat A prices for 6 games per season (or 5 games this season!). On the other hand, Hibs appear to have sold 9,500 at their early bird rates.

Just now, JALBO said:

That's true, but we only sold about 200 Cat B this season - and those seats are then sold at full Cat A prices for 6 games per season (or 4 games this season!). On the other hand, Hibs appear to have sold 9,500 at their early bird rates.

David McCaig
6 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Not really equivalent though... As category B is only for 13 (12) matches.

scott herbertson
30 minutes ago, JALBO said:

That's true, but we only sold about 200 Cat B this season - and those seats are then sold at full Cat A prices for 6 games per season (or 5 games this season!). On the other hand, Hibs appear to have sold 9,500 at their early bird rates.

trye , buts a nice option to have if you can only get through for few games, and have a couple of half interestedteeenagers. Certainly wouldn’t have bought one without it

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

trye , buts a nice option to have if you can only get through for few games, and have a couple of half interestedteeenagers. Certainly wouldn’t have bought one without it

Yes, definitely think there's value in the Cat B's for sure.  Was actually a wee bit surprised more didn't take it up last year.

All Out Attack
16 hours ago, JALBO said:

Well, at those prices, I can imagine them getting over 14,000 this year. I 'd heard they were handing out tickets at schools, but didn't realise it was thousands. Is that a fact?

I heard there was an alien base on the moon, however most of us live in the real world. 

I can't believe folk trying to justify Hearts charging more than our city rivals, as if it is something to be proud of. 

Football in Scotland is seriously overpriced and what Hearts are charging is frankly abhorrent in real terms. 

Building a support takes time and Hibs seem to have adopted this as a primary aim, over how much money they can fleece from their supporters. 

The bottom line is, seeing a full stadium is something most of us would rather see than one with swathes of empty seats. When we only had a 16,000+ capacity, the thought of not getting a ticket encouraged something of a frenzy among our support to get tickets. Having so much free capacity now however means that supporters can pick and choose. 

Our pricing structure, including the lack of an early bird discount this year, may come back to haunt us. 

Edited by All Out Attack

On 13/04/2018 at 13:50, johnking123 said:

Don't think we will get update till a week before deadline for season ticket holders.

Really think we should have had an early bird discount. 

There is no incentive to renew early and given that the club stated they want to get money in early I feel this is a marketing mistake . 

Even the renewal date for securing your seat is no real incentive as there looks like there will be plenty of seats available anyway . 

10 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

I heard there was an alien base on the moon, however most of us live in the real world. 

I can't believe folk trying to justify Hearts charging more than our city rivals, as if it is something to be proud of. 

Football in Scotland is seriously overpriced and what Hearts are charging is frankly abhorrent in real terms. 

Building a support takes time and Hibs seem to have adopted this as a primary aim, over how much money they can fleece from their supporters. 

The bottom line is, seeing a full stadium is something most of us would rather see than one with swathes of empty seats. When we only had a 16,000+ capacity, the thought of not getting a ticket encouraged something of a frenzy among our support to get tickets. Having so much free capacity now however means that supporters can pick and choose. 

Our pricing structure, including the lack of an early bird discount this year, may come back to haunt us. 

Sadly I have to agree with this post.

Charging Platinum prices for wing stand seats is a disgrace.

No early bird reductions is not going to encourage people to book early in fact many will hang on to their cash until they see what kind of squad we will be watching.

Francis Albert

Time will tell but I think we may have failed to.understand the relationship between price, supply and demand for Platinum. Even more so unless the price structure is changed next season after the legacy prices for old stand ST holders cease.

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 17:20, wavydavy said:

This is ours.

Sticks in the throat that information I must say!

FarmerTweedy
On 13/04/2018 at 17:42, davemclaren said:

Only if you compare them to our platinum prices. Compare with prices for other areas of Tynecastle (which make up most of the ground) and our prices, certainly for adults, are either about the same (gold is exactly half way between their early bird and regular price) or significantly cheaper than theirs.

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Only if you compare them to our platinum prices. Compare with prices for other areas of Tynecastle (which make up most of the ground) and our prices, certainly for adults, are either about the same (gold is exactly half way between their early bird and regular price) or significantly cheaper than theirs.

Don't let that get in the way of a good dig at our club though...

FarmerTweedy
On 13/04/2018 at 17:45, JALBO said:

On the flipside, their least expensive adult ticket is £360 where ours is £320, and theirs is only available as part of a family group. Also, outside of their £25 kids tickets, which are only available in the lower section of the FF stand, their next cheapest kids ticket is £75. Ours are £55 anywhere but platinum. 

So yes, if you're very selective about how you choose which prices from them and us to compare, you can certainly paint a picture of their prices being considerably lower than ours. It's not a fair or accurate reflection of the truth though!

8 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

On the flipside, their least expensive adult ticket is £360 where ours is £320, and theirs is only available as part of a family group. Also, outside of their £25 kids tickets, which are only available in the lower section of the FF stand, their next cheapest kids ticket is £75. Ours are £55 anywhere but platinum. 

So yes, if you're very selective about how you choose which prices from them and us to compare, you can certainly paint a picture of their prices being considerably lower than ours. It's not a fair or accurate reflection of the truth though!

Don't forget they didn't reduce their prices during their 3 years in the second division.

Funnily enough, they were using the excuse that ours were too cheap as a reason for our far superior sales:laugh:

On 4/14/2018 at 21:06, luckydug said:

Sadly I have to agree with this post.

Charging Platinum prices for wing stand seats is a disgrace.

No early bird reductions is not going to encourage people to book early in fact many will hang on to their cash until they see what kind of squad we will be watching.

You can guarantee there would have been folk on here moaning that they couldn't get the money together until after the closing date, and  were being fleeced by the club because they had to pay the higher price.

FarmerTweedy
On 14/04/2018 at 22:31, Francis Albert said:

Time will tell but I think we may have failed to.understand the relationship between price, supply and demand for Platinum. Even more so unless the price structure is changed next season after the legacy prices for old stand ST holders cease.

Is that why platinum is usually as busy as, or busier than, every other area of the ground?

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Thanks for the insight. ??

FarmerTweedy
Just now, davemclaren said:

Thanks for the insight. ??

No problem!

As is often the case on jkb these days, this thread is a magnet for folk who want to paint our club in as unfavourable a light as they possibly can!