Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

SwindonJambo
On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 16:36, Saughton Jambo said:

Hope you don’t buy Rolling Stones tickets to Murrayfield then. Two £90 tickets  ended up costing £432 on viagogo.... at least dick turpin had the audacity to wear a mask!  Robbing Bar stewards!

I bought 2 Lucky Dip Tickets for the Stones: £35 each :D  I've got Lucky Dips for all 8 dates of the UK Tour. They were £31.75 each for the Coventry gig. Viagogo are a bunch of thieving bar stewards.  Don't touch them with a shitty stick unless it's the last few days before a show and they sh1t their pants and  drop their prices like a brick.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No update from the club on the first week of sales? Wonder how things are going and what the uptake has been on the club's request for early renewals. 

letsalldothebeattie
9 minutes ago, thehibsaregay said:

Has anyone loyalty points been added on for renewing of season ticket? 

Yes mine have

10 minutes ago, thehibsaregay said:

Has anyone loyalty points been added on for renewing of season ticket? 

Yep, they must of went on straight away when I renewed but I did so in the club shop

thehibsaregay
41 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yep, they must of went on straight away when I renewed but I did so in the club shop

Just phoned the ticket office said will go on before start of the season 

Still unsure to be honest, the odd isolated game apart, there has been very little entertainment the past two seasons. I think uptake might be well down unless there are signs that things may improve.

gowestjambo

Regular Season Ticket holders will renew regardless. However, whether we hold on to the same numbers as last season is doubtful.

There was a feelgood factor at the start of last season, which certainly does not exist now. Lets face it the product on the park is woeful, and a percentage of our fans will be influenced by this.

As we have increased capacity fans can pick and choose a lot of games. If this is the case the club have no one but themselves to blame. Hopefully, from now on there will be increased focus on the team performances.

letsalldothebeattie
7 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Regular Season Ticket holders will renew regardless. However, whether we hold on to the same numbers as last season is doubtful.

There was a feelgood factor at the start of last season, which certainly does not exist now. Lets face it the product on the park is woeful, and a percentage of our fans will be influenced by this.

As we have increased capacity fans can pick and choose a lot of games. If this is the case the club have no one but themselves to blame. Hopefully, from now on there will be increased focus on the team performances.

Can see this being a lot of people’s view so many have clearly been put off by the product on the park that it could be an easy excuse for not renewing 

All roads lead to Gorgie

You can see there is a tail off in attending matches by season ticket holders deeper into seasons when the entertainment factor is poor, this has to have an effect on other match day sales like catering and can also sow the seeds of doubt when renewing is considered. We need to see some good football played through to this season's end to make sure we keep the bulk of this terms sales for next season.

Positive play on the pitch is what the club need to show as blind faith by us will not last for ever!

Sandy Clark
On 26/03/2018 at 23:59, Getintaethem said:

I'm in the wheatfield section G.  Have never been a season ticket holder in the main stand

My apologies, I read that completely wrong.

King Of The Cat Cafe
22 minutes ago, Highways and Byways said:

Season ticket renewed for the 23rd consecutive year.

PHM.

Not renewed yet but will.

Want to pay in cash as club requested but unable to get in to Gorgie atm.

Certainly be renewing before the deadline for reserved seats ends.

The comments on this thread are like a re run of last years thread.

Hopefully the same or better outcome.

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Anyone know if the ticket office is open over easter?

Normal opening hours Fri (9-5) and Saturday (9-3) 

Not sure about Monday 

sairyinthat
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Renewed today.  Never gave  not doing it even a passing thought. Optimistic about next season.

And rightly so,had a tough season and performances can change for the better in the blink of an eye.

jamtartan74

Unsure this time round as I’m in the middle of trying to rent a flat or house so the timing is not great, will see how it goes but got to prioritise. Will feel shit if I can’t do it but that’s the way it goes. 

On 27/03/2018 at 19:23, Martin_T said:

Still unsure to be honest, the odd isolated game apart, there has been very little entertainment the past two seasons. I think uptake might be well down unless there are signs that things may improve.

Maybe. Not so sure though. It seems like since 2013 people have been predicting a drop in sales and despite varying fortunes on the park, the sales have went up. I confidently predict the same next season too.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Normal opening hours Fri (9-5) and Saturday (9-3) 

Not sure about Monday 

Thanks 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

Unsure this time round as I’m in the middle of trying to rent a flat or house so the timing is not great, will see how it goes but got to prioritise. Will feel shit if I can’t do it but that’s the way it goes. 

Priorities.

1. Season Ticket (Hearts)

2. Hoose

56 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Maybe. Not so sure though. It seems like since 2013 people have been predicting a drop in sales and despite varying fortunes on the park, the sales have went up. I confidently predict the same next season too.

Exactly.

Not a criticism of anyone but sales have been consistant for years. Can't see next season being any different.

Debatable whether we hit 14K mind. Around that figure is predictable i'd wager.

jamtartan74
57 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Priorities.

2. Hoose

Those would be my order of priorities but try telling that to mrs jamtartan ? 

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Those would be my order of priorities but try telling that to mrs jamtartan ? 

Okay then.

Priorities.

2. Hoose

97. Mrs jamtartans crazy ideas.

:thumbsup:

jamtartan74
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Okay then.

Priorities.

2. Hoose

??? I like your way of thinking, will run it by her and see what she thinks ?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

??? I like your way of thinking, will run it by her and see what she thinks ?

Was nice knowing you mate.

:sob:

jambo-in-furness

Renewed mine, I like where I am and the people around me, and suspect many will renew for these reasons.

8 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Renewed mine, I like where I am and the people around me, and suspect many will renew for these reasons.

Unless they feel differently and move away :4_1_72:

I jest of course. I’m the same as you, have some great folk around me and it makes a difference for sure.  

Edited by 1971fozzy

been here before
7 hours ago, XB52 said:

Anyone know if the ticket office is open over easter?

Even if its closed Gary Locke will still be there. 

No matter what time Ive been in to get tickets or whatever Gary Locke is in the shop.

I reckon he's casing the joint, checking routines etc for an insider heist.

12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Be nice to your good lady. She will understand.....

:ruiner:

How d'you know she's 'good' Jonno...?

Does Mr jamtartan know about this?

...a bit disco
20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Trust you.... 

Mind you I've not told my wife I'm renewing yet either.

But she will be good with it.....?

The Jonno Household.

mad-men-joan-greg.gif

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 27/03/2018 at 13:46, SwindonJambo said:

I bought 2 Lucky Dip Tickets for the Stones: £35 each :D  I've got Lucky Dips for all 8 dates of the UK Tour. They were £31.75 each for the Coventry gig. Viagogo are a bunch of thieving bar stewards.  Don't touch them with a shitty stick unless it's the last few days before a show and they sh1t their pants and  drop their prices like a brick.

Apologies for going off topic but what are Lucky Dip Tickets and how do you get a hold of these?

l paid £114 each  for myself and partner for the London Stones gig via ticketmaster. This was after l pulled out of buying on viagogo (as you say rip-off merchants) who were wanting over £800 for 2. I justified this expenditure as a once in a lifetime opportunity to see them.

Back on topic l won't be buying a season ticket again this year sadly due to study commitments and financial restraints. Will go to the odd game like l did this year.

4 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Okay then.

Priorities.

2. Hoose

:lol:

4 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

That's the reason I'll be renewing, though a bit of at the end of my tether what we are paying for. FoH contribution and price increase to season ticket, with mostly shit on the field, not getting value for money in any way :-(

been here before
7 hours ago, ramrod said:

Anyone know the date that season ticket holders have to renew by before their seat  gets released for general sale ? 

Renewal Period: 21st March – 2nd May:

Supporters who wish to renew their existing season tickets must do so during this period, otherwise the seats will be released for resale. If you wish to renew but also wish to move your seat, you should still renew and you will then be given the opportunity to request a move during our transition period.

Transition Period: 3rd May – 9th May:

Fans should contact the Ticket Office to request a move.

General Sale: 10th May - Onwards: 

Tickets go on general sale, subject to availability.

SwindonJambo
On 29/03/2018 at 20:37, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Apologies for going off topic but what are Lucky Dip Tickets and how do you get a hold of these?

l paid £114 each  for myself and partner for the London Stones gig via ticketmaster. This was after l pulled out of buying on viagogo (as you say rip-off merchants) who were wanting over £800 for 2. I justified this expenditure as a once in a lifetime opportunity to see them.

Back on topic l won't be buying a season ticket again this year sadly due to study commitments and financial restraints. Will go to the odd game like l did this year.

On topic, I don’t have a season ticket because of where I live and only get to a handful of games a season. My main way of supporting the club is via my FoH donations - I’ve been a member since the start.

Off topic, Lucky Dip tickets are something the Stones introduced 5 years ago, to fill gaps in venues due fo their ludicrous OTT obscene prices. For the U.K. dates, they were £30 + fees per ticket for each show and sales were enforced in pairs. Lucky Dips went on sale in the general sale in the U.K. without being announced beforehand and were sold out within an hour.. The deal is that you turn up at the Lucky Dips Office on showday and hand over ID and proof of purchase. You are then handed a sealed envelope with 2 random tickets which could be anywhere in the venue, good, bad or ugly. The slower selling the show, the better the tickets are likely to be and vice versa. 

Live music for Top international acts is an absolute rip off and Lucky Dips are a way of circumventing that, at least in the case of the Stones.

As for Viagogo, stubhub, Getmein and Seatwave (the last 2 are both owned by Ticketmaster), I just detest them. They are shameless profiteering immoral parasites of the highest order. It’s not only live music that’s been infected by their poisonous influence. They hoover up tickets for Top EPL football clubs and the same for Gridiron and Baseball in North America. They can be useful when the clock runs down to showtime when they always cave, shit their pants and cut prices drastically, often far below face value to avoid a 100% loss.  There will be great bargains to be had, particularly at slower selling shows like Cardiff where they’ll probably end up giving tickets away free with packets of cornflakes to fill the 74,000 capacity Stadium.

On 29/03/2018 at 21:01, Jambothump said:

That's the reason I'll be renewing, though a bit of at the end of my tether what we are paying for. FoH contribution and price increase to season ticket, with mostly shit on the field, not getting value for money in any way :-(

Pretty much agree with this. I will renew but there needs to be a genuine improvement next season or it is going to become difficult to justify spending c.£400 a year.

will-i-am-a-jambo
8 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

On topic, I don’t have a season ticket because of where I live and only get to a handful of games a season. My main way of supporting the club is via my FoH donations - I’ve been a member since the start.

Off topic, Lucky Dip tickets are something the Stones introduced 5 years ago, to fill gaps in venues due fo their ludicrous OTT obscene prices. For the U.K. dates, they were £30 + fees per ticket for each show and sales were enforced in pairs. Lucky Dips went on sale in the general sale in the U.K. without being announced beforehand and were sold out within an hour.. The deal is that you turn up at the Lucky Dips Office on showday and hand over ID and proof of purchase. You are then handed a sealed envelope with 2 random tickets which could be anywhere in the venue, good, bad or ugly. The slower selling the show, the better the tickets are likely to be and vice versa. 

Live music for Top international acts is an absolute rip off and Lucky Dips are a way of circumventing that, at least in the case of the Stones.

As for Viagogo, stubhub, Getmein and Seatwave (the last 2 are both owned by Ticketmaster), I just detest them. They are shameless profiteering immoral parasites of the highest order. It’s not only live music that’s been infected by their poisonous influence. They hoover up tickets for Top EPL football clubs and the same for Gridiron and Baseball in North America. They can be useful when the clock runs down to showtime when they always cave, shit their pants and cut prices drastically, often far below face value to avoid a 100% loss.  There will be great bargains to be had, particularly at slower selling shows like Cardiff where they’ll probably end up giving tickets away free with packets of cornflakes to fill the 74,000 capacity Stadium.

Thanks very much for the detailed reply, much appreciated. I just assumed ticket prices were sky high as this was a way artists got their main revenue these days due to folk getting music for free or cheaply over the internet. I agree with your sentiments on the online ticket sellers though, it's absolutely shocking.

Back on topic, l too donate to Foh as that's the only way l can regularly give something to the club and can make some sort of contribution. I don't blame you if you don't have a season ticket as you live so far away.

Thanks again for your reply.

All the best Will

The Treasurer

Went into the TO on Saturday to renew my ST for the 49th year in a row.

In that time I've seen plenty of highs and quite a few lows.

Did I ever think of not renewing ?

Not for one second.

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Went into the TO on Saturday to renew my ST for the 49th year in a row.

In that time I've seen plenty of highs and quite a few lows.

Did I ever think of not renewing ?

Not for one second.

That’s the spirit!

Got my three on Friday.