Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

15 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It is. Craig isn’t the only experienced football person she could employ. I would suggest that she isn’t scared to sack him but she doesn’t want to.

Budge has already stated that when CL steps down as Manager she expects him to move back upstairs as D of F.  I said at the start of the Budge regime that Levein would be a hugely divisive character with our support - sadly this is proving to be the case.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamtartan74

Anyone know if proof is needed to renew on esa? My sis got one through esa last season but now she’s not on that and on jsa, she’s not got the cash for full price. On etickets it’s got the price for her ticket being esa price for next season. Cheers. 

been here before
35 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I said at the start of the Budge regime that Levein would be a hugely divisive character with our support - sadly this is proving to be the case.

Visionary.

...a bit disco
35 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Anyone know if proof is needed to renew on esa? My sis got one through esa last season but now she’s not on that and on jsa, she’s not got the cash for full price. On etickets it’s got the price for her ticket being esa price for next season. Cheers. 

I went in with proof just to make sure.

15 hours ago, suds66 said:

Excellent balanced post. Budge is the only person that can do something before further damage is done.

What’s balanced about it? 

jamtartan74
15 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

I went in with proof just to make sure.

Thing is, she’s not now on esa so won’t have the proof, she’s wanting to know if taking a chance of renewing at the esa price that is coming up on etickets or if after doing that they would ask for proof. It’s the only way she can renew as wont have the full amount. She’s only just came off esa so a bit of a pain in the arse. 

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Thing is, she’s not now on esa so won’t have the proof, she’s wanting to know if taking a chance of renewing at the esa price that is coming up on etickets or if after doing that they would ask for proof. It’s the only way she can renew as wont have the full amount. She’s only just came off esa so a bit of a pain in the arse. 

Can't help. Sorry.

18 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

I think this is part of the problem actually. 

It's bad enough seeing what Levein is doing here, but what really grates with me is the likely impact he will have in season ticket sales. The apathy and negativity that surrounds this man is something else. He's simply not worth it. 

Every time Budge seems to get the PR right, Levein seems to find a way of ruining it. If it's not team performances or his negative setup, it's now his anti-football interviews.

To be honest, I think there is little point of the club pushing season tickets too hard just now, as our manager still has another 4 games to go. Although, lose to Hibs for example and the seethe could very well see him off. That scenario won't be pretty. 

I think the club needs to wait until the season is over before ramping up season ticket advertising. 

Do you genuinely think he'll be sacked if we lose to Hibs? Dearie me. I'm away me hols next week but will be renewing before I go. It's what supporters do. I can always set fire to me ST if we lose to the Brazilian flairmeisters from the East of the city.

Edited by Jamhammer

17 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I hadn't even realised that there was only a week to renew, the season has been over since the Well game and I just can't find anything positive to look forward to. 

However get paid on Friday and will probably wander along to renew my two tickets, albeit without much enthusiasm. 

At least I will be in place for seat moving day, whenever that is.

Have faith, Budge and CL are not idiots. They know we must do better next season and every effort will be made to secure the best quality players we can afford.

I wonder how much of the apathy surrounding the Club, is do with Hibs relative success recently. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

What’s balanced about it? 

Maybe I should have included "In my opinion"

I agree with what he said, therefore I believe the post to be a fair point.

Just now, suds66 said:

Maybe I should have included "In my opinion"

I agree with what he said, therefore I believe the post to be a fair point.

No problem   

21 hours ago, yennifrt said:

Thinking about getting a ST for the first time in a few years , the only thing putting me off is paying for 19 home games and only getting 18.

A season ticket entitles you to the specified seat for all home league games - it doesn't specify a number of games.  This view that you're paying for 19 games is an expectation rather than part of the season ticket contract.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Haken said:

A season ticket entitles you to the specified seat for all home league games - it doesn't specify a number of games.  This view that you're paying for 19 games is an expectation rather than part of the season ticket contract.

You might even get 20. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You might even get 20. 

Depending on which end of the M8 you're team is located?

25 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

I wonder how much of the apathy surrounding the Club, is do with Hibs relative success recently. 

Absolutely zero impact on me. I’ve been going home and away for many years now, but have recently stopped going to the away games. I’m scunnered watching us away from home. Shite Hearts teams I can cope with. Mind numbingly boring Hearts teams I can’t. 

Hopefully a break is what I need to rediscover my enthusiasm. ST will be getting purchased on Saturday but I currently have little faith next season will be any better. To be fair, we aren’t bad at home so a ST is probably a good purchase.

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

Do you genuinely think he'll be sacked if we lose to Hibs? Dearie me. I'm away me hols next week but will be renewing before I go. It's what supporters do. I can always set fire to me ST if we lose to the Brazilian flairmeisters from the East of the city.

You are of course correct - Budge will not sack Levein....infact I'm struggling to think of a scenario that she would sack Levein!

Notwithstanding the above, a loss to Hibs will do nothing to convince undecided ST holders to re-new for next season.

Italian Lambretta
34 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

Unfortunately it looks like we are the masters of our own downfall.

We have a great stadium and fantastic offfield management but where it matters is with the 11 players on the field and the individual responsible for that and they are  letting us down badly.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Have faith, Budge and CL are not idiots. They know we must do better next season and every effort will be made to secure the best quality players we can afford.

I really is not the case that anybody is saying Budge and Levein are idiots. What more and more fans are saying is that Levein cannot deliver a Hearts team that will challenge for the league & cups.

The fans who want Levein gone with his bootroom pals wonder if Ann Budge can make that decision when she relys totally on Levein's advice.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

You are of course correct - Budge will not sack Levein....infact I'm struggling to think of a scenario that she would sack Levein!

Notwithstanding the above, a loss to Hibs will do nothing to convince undecided ST holders to re-new for next season.

Agree. I think only decent signings will do that. Say, for instance Mitchell, Naismith sign up. McGregor replaces Jon. We sign a couple of decent midfielders and possibly a poacher type striker then I think numbers will be round about what they are the now.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

I really is not the case that anybody is saying Budge and Levein are idiots. What more and more fans are saying is that Levein cannot deliver a Hearts team that will challenge for the league & cups.

The fans who want Levein gone with his bootroom pals wonder if Ann Budge can make that decision when she relys totally on Levein's advice.

I think next season is the critical mass for CL. Another season like this one and he'll be gone. Mrs Budge is, at the end of the day a businesswoman and there will be no excuses next year. Craig Levein is the manager. The players signed and coached will be his players. If they/he are not better than this season he will not be the manager.

I'm not sure where he will stand re DOF and director though and whether, if he stays as DOF the model, as it stands will continue. I doubt it very much.

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I think next season is the critical mass for CL. Another season like this one and he'll be gone. Mrs Budge is, at the end of the day a businesswoman and there will be no excuses next year. Craig Levein is the manager. The players signed and coached will be his players. If they/he are not better than this season he will not be the manager.

I'm not sure where he will stand re DOF and director though and whether, if he stays as DOF the model, as it stands will continue. I doubt it very much.

Budge is on record as saying if it doesn't work out he will go back to being DOF.

Better get used to the fact he wont be going anywhere until Budge has handed over her shares to the FOH.

Section G The Place To Be
On 24/04/2018 at 13:02, FarmerTweedy said:

Do people really still need it explained to them that we were pretty much the worst team in the league under Cathro, and that this season was impacted by the fixture disruption due to the new stand and the poor preparation during pre-season prior to Cathro being sacked???????????

Ah so those away fixtures at the start of the season are why were in a worse

league position this year. Nothing to do with Levein. 

Another pish excuse slavered by those happy to accept rubbish

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

That's what I thought last year.

That's me renewed. Another season of abusing Wheatfield Lino's (Refuse to call them assistants until they actually start assisting the referee rather than waiting for him to make a decision then raising their flags).

52 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Agree. I think only decent signings will do that. Say, for instance Mitchell, Naismith sign up. McGregor replaces Jon. We sign a couple of decent midfielders and possibly a poacher type striker then I think numbers will be round about what they are the now.

Unfortunately none of these look likely.

48 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Budge is on record as saying if it doesn't work out he will go back to being DOF.

Better get used to the fact he wont be going anywhere until Budge has handed over her shares to the FOH.

This is the reality of the situation.

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

They did though deal with the problem.  

They dealt with part of the problem.  We are yet to find out whether the other part of the problem is still in charge.

54 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

That's me renewed. Another season of abusing Wheatfield Lino's (Refuse to call them assistants until they actually start assisting the referee rather than waiting for him to make a decision then raising their flags).

Those ear pieces and microphones they wear aren't just for show. 

Fort Vallance

2 renewed. End of an era. Same seat in Section D Wheatfield since day 1 but moving to the shiny new one so I can take the young un.

Francis Albert
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Reminder email sent out today.

Got my "7 days to renew" email just 6 days and 4 hours before the window slams shut. At least it was the blandest of statements without any attempt at whipping up enthusiasm on the basis of our progress in beefing up the squad and consequently we have an  exciting new season to look forward to.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I have seen linesmen assisting referees. The problem is they seem a little selective about when they choose to assist!

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Unless things get a lot worse I think Levein may survive in post after the share transfer .. as Ann may well do.

Edited by Francis Albert

Back to 2005
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Got my "7 days to renew" email just 6 days and 4 hours before the window slams shut. At least it was the blandest of statements without any attempt at whipping up enthusiasm on the basis of our progress in beefing up the squad and consequently we have an  exciting new season to look forward to.

Yup it's like we are being taken for granted. Maybe sales are so good they don't need to bother but I seriously doubt that's the case.

I have had a ST for all but 3 seasons since 84/85 but never felt less enthused to get one. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Well she'll need to revaluate her thinking in that case. All business owners are the mercy of their customers and football is no different. If CL leaves as Head Coach, because it doesnt work out, AB will be left with no choice but to punt him right out the door. It would be madness for her to think that he could then pick his successor and place all sorts of stipulations on the new coach.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Well she'll need to revaluate her thinking in that case. All business owners are the mercy of their customers and football is no different. If CL leaves as Head Coach, AB will be left with no choice but to lunt him right out the door. It would be madness for her to think that he could then pick his successor and place all sorts of stipulations on him.

The alternative would be for CL to step away from first team matters . The club could then hire a traditional manager to take responsibility for first team matters.

I was under the impression that John Murray was either retiring or close to retiring CL may move into the position of chief scout.

I know some people will disagree but I feel it would be a mistake to lose CL completely.

Italian Lambretta
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The alternative would be for CL to step away from first team matters . The club could then hire a traditional manager to take responsibility for first team matters.

I was under the impression that John Murray was either retiring or close to retiring CL may move into the position of chief scout.

I know some people will disagree but I feel it would be a mistake to lose CL completely.

The way things are going I think I’ll lose the will to live before we lose Levein.

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I agree that there should be a role for him. Overseeing the academy or youth development for example. However being DOF above a traditional manager would not work. The manager has to be the most powerful figure in the football dept.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

The last poll after Dundee game I think ran at 75% approval for Levein to continue. Probably be around 12k sold

5 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Yup it's like we are being taken for granted. Maybe sales are so good they don't need to bother but I seriously doubt that's the case.

I have had a ST for all but 3 seasons since 84/85 but never felt less enthused to get one. 

Please force yourself.  Despite Levein or because of him we really do need you.

Unless things dramatically improve, this time next year is the time for meaningful protest.  People not renewing in droves.

8 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

If he was sacked as manager and returned as DOF he would still have Ann Budge's confidence and he would still control all football matters including who got the managers job and we all know who he'd pick.