Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

williamgerrard

Did anyone see the advertising boards on bbc alba seemingly on sale next week.Getting a bit early are they not re season tickets .

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clerry Jambo

Seriously though, why shouldn't season tickets be on sale at this time

If it makes it easier for people to buy one, then all's good!

Francis Albert

Remember past criticism of early ST sales at Hibs and during the Vlad era?

It will be different now no doubt.

gorgie rd eh11
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Remember past criticism of early ST sales at Hibs and during the Vlad era?

It will be different now no doubt.

Will we be biased towards HMFC! 

Incredible, on a Hearts fans forum. Who’d have guessed.

:teehee:    

3 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Seriously though, why shouldn't season tickets be on sale at this time

If it makes it easier for people to buy one, then all's good!

Went on sale May last 2 seasons. I personally was not expecting anything different this season, so it hasn’t made it easier for me to buy one. Quite the opposite. Take it we need the money to finish the stand?

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Will we be biased towards HMFC! 

Incredible, on a Hearts fans forum. Who’d have guessed.

:teehee:    

Apparently some were not biased towards Hearts during the Vlad era when early sales were criticised.

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Went on sale May last 2 seasons. I personally was not expecting anything different this season, so it hasn’t made it easier for me to buy one. Quite the opposite. Take it we need the money to finish the stand?

Certainly won't make it easier if the deadline for renewing for your own seat is also brought forward.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Certainly won't make it easier if the deadline for renewing for your own seat is also brought forward.

Yep. My first thought today when I saw the advert was how long a renewal period we will have. 

Francis Albert

In fact in what way does selling two months early make it easier to buy an ST?

Edited by Francis Albert

If sales are disappointing by the time the transfer window opens that certainly sends a message to the board about what they need to be doing.

...a bit disco
12 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Yep. My first thought today when I saw the advert was how long a renewal period we will have. 

What did the advert actually say?

4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

What did the advert actually say?

ST’s on sale in 1 week.

was on the advertising boards in front of main stand.

Edited by amadjambo

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

ST’s on sale in 1 week.

was on the advertising boards in front of main stand.

That explains it.

I'm in the Main Stand!

:lol:

A bit shit though. I was budgeting April/May.

33 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In fact in what way does selling two months early make it easier to buy an ST?

Dynamic pricing :ninja:

King Of The Cat Cafe

Good.  I was critical of last season's timing because I felt that they should have been on sale earlier - when there were still home games for people to pick them up in person.

This year there will be three, or perhaps four,  home games for people to go into the office.

I accept this may not suit everyone, and may, indeed, be an unpopular viewpoint, but I think it makes a lot of sense logistically.

10 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Good.  I was critical of last season's timing because I felt that they should have been on sale earlier - when there were still home games for people to pick them up in person.

This year there will be three, or perhaps four,  home games for people to go into the office.

I accept this may not suit everyone, and may, indeed, be an unpopular viewpoint, but I think it makes a lot of sense logistically.

There’s nothing to pick up though, certainly not if you are renewing. So I don’t understand your point.

King Of The Cat Cafe
4 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

There’s nothing to pick up though, certainly not if you are renewing. So I don’t understand your point.

Certainly had to get new cards last year.  Makes it easier to hand over cash/cheque in the office when we would be at Tynecastle anyway, instead of having to make a special trip in, or even a phone call or letter....

jamtartan74

As long as the deadline for renewal isn’t brought forward then I see no issue in this, in fact if we still have the same kind of timescale to renew till, what was it, mid June or whatever it was, then it might give some people a little bit of an extra saving period to buy knowing they are already on sale. And yes I do know that we all know  that season tickets are on sale end of May normally so should have funds in place but each persons financial circumstances are different and by having them on sale now might just suit some more than others so I don’t see any issue in this. And if say 10k renew before June then that’s finance in place to help build a squad we are all crying out for instead of waiting till the window is open. Well done Mrs Budge and Hearts, forward thinking ??????

Personally got the cash burning a hole in my pocket so it's probably better the club have it.

In fact the club should be selling them all year round. I'd probably buy more when full of the bevvy.

Jambof3tornado
9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Jumping the gun a bit. We dont even know when the deadline will be chap.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Apparently some were not biased towards Hearts during the Vlad era when early sales were criticised.

Aye, because the financial management now is comparable to then.

Comparing bananas and tampons.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Personally got the cash burning a hole in my pocket so it's probably better the club have it.

In fact the club should be selling them all year round. I'd probably buy more when full of the bevvy.

Lol.

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Jumping the gun a bit. We dont even know when the deadline will be chap.

That's why I used the word "if".

I admit I am putting two and two together (unprecedented I know on JKB) but since we know we are short of funds for completion of the new stand and we know the only specific commitment on timing made by Ann in her recent Sun interview was to complete the nursery for handover by June there may be a link between bringing forward cash from ST sales from May to March and ongoing cash requirements for the stand project.

In fact I am struggling to think of another explanation.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I admit I am putting two and two together (unprecedented I know on JKB) but since we know we are short of funds for completion of the new stand and we know the only specific commitment on timing made by Ann in her recent Sun interview was to complete the nursery for handover by June there may be a link between bringing forward cash from ST sales from May to March and ongoing cash requirements for the stand project.

Needs the cash  for the Gallons of Moratti I guzzled in the Directors Suite yesterday.

Me = sooking the club dry.

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If that is the case, that we need the cash earlier to finish the stand, how will be able to fund up to 10 players of the quality we need to progress?? The ST income represents the main bulk of our gate money for the season and, of course, has to be used to fund our on going expenses, including the 12 remaining contracted players.

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

Gorgie_Rules

Simple marketing the longer you have something on sale the more you are likely to sell. Say for example we beat hibs at Tynecastle next month it could urge many to purchase who were swaying due to the feel good factor it brings.

I don't understand why after the season ticket sale period is over the club don't put bigger ties that are later in the season up for sale, Hibs, Celtic, Rangers. Allows many (particularly overseas fans) to plan months ahead and gives us a better chance of selling out with the increased capacity.

Just now, Gorgie_Rules said:

Simple marketing the longer you have something on sale the more you are likely to sell. Say for example we beat hibs at Tynecastle next month it could urge many to purchase who were swaying due to the feel good factor it brings.

I don't understand why after the season ticket sale period is over the club don't put bigger ties that are later in the season up for sale, Hibs, Celtic, Rangers. Allows many (particularly overseas fans) to plan months ahead and gives us a better chance of selling out with the increased capacity.

Possibly they like to wait till fixtures are confirmed re tv changes. To avoid the hassle of people getting refunds.

But agree. 

2 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Sadly tv gets involved and the dates change making it impossible for the long distancers to plan to far ahead.

Gorgie_Rules
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Possibly they like to wait till fixtures are confirmed re tv changes. To avoid the hassle of people getting refunds.

But agree. 

Guess so, perhaps tickets could be sold with the disclaimer that the date is likely to change with tickets not produced until confirmed. Not sure if that is possible but I am pretty sure I have heard that Hibs put their derby tickets on sale at the start of the season, basically guaranteeing a sell out regardless of how the team is performing at the time

1 minute ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Diffcult to put games on sale too early when you don't know if times and dates for games  are going to be altered for TV.

As for the games towards the end of the season clubs do not know who and when they will be playing because of the split.

As for the timing of the ST sales as long as the end of the reserved period is not affected I don't see anything to bother about. Unless of course people are just looking for things to bitching about.   

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Diffcult to put games on sale too early when you don't know if times and dates for games  are going to be altered for TV.

As for the games towards the end of the season clubs do not know who and when they will be playing because of the split.

As for the timing of the ST sales as long as the end of the reserved period is not affected I don't see anything to bother about. Unless of course people are just looking for things to bitching about.   

Or they are just reacting to people saying it is just Ann looking after the fans and/or "brilliant marketing", which to me sounds like nonsense.

However if it is the best way of managing cash flow which clearly is an issue with the stand cost over-run, then fine.

All Out Attack

I see nothing wrong with putting season tickets on sale in the near future. It could backfire of course if we don't show up well in  our remaining games, but that is always a chance you take. 

I think the key question here that a lot of people will now ask is; what will this season ticket money be spent on. 

It has to go towards the squad, where we are a shambles. 

Francis Albert
43 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If that is the case, that we need the cash earlier to finish the stand, how will be able to fund up to 10 players of the quality we need to progress?? The ST income represents the main bulk of our gate money for the season and, of course, has to be used to fund our on going expenses, including the 12 remaining contracted players.

The sort of questions that were asked when Vlad did it. We didn't realise at the time that it was for our bnefit and a brilliant marketing initiative!

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, All Out Attack said:

I see nothing wrong with putting season tickets on sale in the near future. It could backfire of course if we don't show up well in  our remaining games, but that is always a chance you take. 

I think the key question here that a lot of people will now ask is; what will this season ticket money be spent on. 

The transfer window won't open for another three months.

All Out Attack
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

The transfer window won't open for another three months.

That doesn't change anything though does it. 

What will this crucial money be spent on. 

Francis Albert
Just now, All Out Attack said:

That doesn't change anything though does it. 

What will this crucial money be spent on. 

Bringing forward  sales of STs, which is what this is about, won't in itself change the funds available for use during the transfer window and on the wages of new signings.

Francis Albert
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Pre contracts with players out of contract in the summer can be duscussed / agreed now. 

It has been intimated elsewhere that the manager has started on this process.

Do we pay for these pre-contracts up front? (Genuine question)

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Season ticket money is just general invome with some of it going to squad builfing and some going to other things drip fed throughout the Season as per our planned budget. Our planned budget seams to include signing quite a few players, according to recent statements. 

The Natural Order

FFS the club can't win on here can they? If they sell them in May folk moan because they wanted more time to save up. If they sell them in March folk moan because they didn't expect to pay until May.

been here before

So apart from the OP has anyone seen this ad?

Cant say I noticed it at the game. The only one that rver catches my eye is the bright pink one that looks like theres a dog walking infront if it.

Couldnt tell you what its for though as my eyes follow fido.

All Out Attack
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Season ticket money is just general invome with some of it going to squad builfing and some going to other things drip fed throughout the Season as per our planned budget. Our planned budget seams to include signing quite a few players, according to recent statements. 

Of course, that's how it should work. 

I notice however you avoided mentioning the new stand in your comments on what it will be spent on though.  

I think an up front comment from Budge, indicating the path ahead and what the money will be spent on, would work wonders in helping to sell them. 

She must know that many supporters, in the real world, are not happy about where the club is at the moment, especially on the football side.

Some positive leadership can really help in pull us together. 

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

FFS the club can't win on here can they? If they sell them in May folk moan because they wanted more time to save up. If they sell them in March folk moan because they didn't expect to pay until May.

Did anyone moan about the lack of time to save up last year?

Or for that matter praise Vlad for giving us more time to save up.

The "more time to save up" argument  is just an invention.

Silvery_Moon

Whenever the tickets are released one thing is certain. The Pricing needs to be good. The loyal fan base has stood firm throughout the last few seasons and it is imperative it stays that way. 

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

All true but I think it is fair to say that bringing forward ST sales is usually due to cash shortfalls needed to be met in the current season. That was certainly the case with Vlad and I am sure we have attributed this reason to Hibs and other clubs in the past.

If this is the reason then unless you repeat the exercise in subsequent seasons this will impact on funds available next season.