Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
53 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Do they still prefer cash or cheque? Just remember they were asking us not to use DD due to charges 

They do still prefer that it would seem. 

the general
5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Went into the TO on Saturday to renew my ST for the 49th year in a row.

In that time I've seen plenty of highs and quite a few lows.

Did I ever think of not renewing ?

Not for one second.

who did you go and watch before following Hearts

ten missing years at least

3 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Apathy sets in.

Still a full month to renew current seats.

I'm not apathetic about renewing just don't see the rush.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Still a full month to renew current seats.

I'm not apathetic about renewing just don't see the rush.

Indeed. I plan to renew mine in the next couple of weeks or so. 

Another two renewed this morning. The other options on a Saturday afternoon just don't bear thinking about. The wee boy has been told that this is his last one bought by me though suggest he finds a Job this summer.

All Out Attack
1 hour ago, eck1874 said:

Another two renewed this morning. The other options on a Saturday afternoon just don't bear thinking about. The wee boy has been told that this is his last one bought by me though suggest he finds a Job this summer.

Well done. 

I'm tempted to say the same with my two kids as  well, as it is all getting quite pricy. 

I will get ours but I just seem to be lacking some motivation at the moment. 

Libertarian

I will also renew for myself and two kids, which is the best part of £1,000 plus the £480 per-annum to the FOH. It's a bit pricey I know but I have a good job and Hearts are a big part of my life. However it would be good to see us challenge at the top rather than mid table.

Francis Albert

No doubt I will do the decent thing but could ann perhaps have a quiet word with craig to suggest that saying he was happy with the result and performance yesterday is not a great help in motivating people to renew.

3 hours ago, eck1874 said:

A bit hard on a five year old but I suppose he could go up chimmneys(just a thought). :laugh:

The Treasurer
17 hours ago, the general said:

who did you go and watch before following Hearts

ten missing years at least

My dad used to lift me over the turnstiles before that.

Who have you been watching the last few years, Definitely more than a few gaps in your attendance record.

Mars plastic
On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 08:22, The Treasurer said:

Not for one second.

I've been looking for a hero and I think it could be you.

Renewed mine and the wee man's today, for no apparent reason i feel very optimistic about next season.

FTH

Francis Albert

Not seen it mentioned but in her program notes Ann says 2000 STs have been sold (presumably in about  10 days to two weeks taking accoumt of printing deadlines)

FarmerTweedy
On Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 18:32, ...a bit disco said:

The Jonno Household.

mad-men-joan-greg.gif

Jonno's mrs is Christina Hendricks????  The lucky *******!!!!!!!

FarmerTweedy
On Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 20:37, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Apologies for going off topic but what are Lucky Dip Tickets and how do you get a hold of these?

l paid £114 each  for myself and partner for the London Stones gig via ticketmaster. This was after l pulled out of buying on viagogo (as you say rip-off merchants) who were wanting over £800 for 2. I justified this expenditure as a once in a lifetime opportunity to see them.

Back on topic l won't be buying a season ticket again this year sadly due to study commitments and financial restraints. Will go to the odd game like l did this year.

Leaving aside the fact that after watching their Glastonbury performance on tv, I cannot even begin to fathom why anyone would pay more than about a fiver to see them, there's almost half the price of a platinum ST right there, probably closer to two thirds of the price of one in the cheaper seats!

will-i-am-a-jambo
31 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Leaving aside the fact that after watching their Glastonbury performance on tv, I cannot even begin to fathom why anyone would pay more than about a fiver to see them, there's almost half the price of a platinum ST right there, probably closer to two thirds of the price of one in the cheaper seats!

Believe me, l wouldn't normally pay that kind of money for a gig, l think the most l've paid before is about £30. However, l have never seen them live before and l am treating this as a once in a lifetime opportunity. I didn't see their performance at Glastonbury but lm assuming you were unimpressed? Apologies again for going off topic. As mentioned before l don't have the time to attend games due to study commitments so therefore l won't be buying a season ticket. I would otherwise. Great result today, hopefully encourage a few to renew.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Believe me, l wouldn't normally pay that kind of money for a gig, l think the most l've paid before is about £30. However, l have never seen them live before and l am treating this as a once in a lifetime opportunity. I didn't see their performance at Glastonbury but lm assuming you were unimpressed? Apologies again for going off topic. As mentioned before l don't have the time to attend games due to study commitments so therefore l won't be buying a season ticket. I would otherwise. Great result today, hopefully encourage a few to renew.

At the end of the day, if they enjoy playing (or just enjoy the money they make from it) and folk enjoy watching and listening to their shows, fair enough, but for me it was a bunch of doddery geriatrics trying to kid themselves on that they're not pensioners, and neither looking nor sounding like anything else but pensioners. Still, loads of people do seem to enjoy their gigs and I hope you do too!

And my post wasn't meant entirely seriously. I'm not one of those folk that thinks it's every Hearts fan's duty to spend every spare penny they have on the club, to the exclusion of all other interests they may have in their lives!

will-i-am-a-jambo
18 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

At the end of the day, if they enjoy playing (or just enjoy the money they make from it) and folk enjoy watching and listening to their shows, fair enough, but for me it was a bunch of doddery geriatrics trying to kid themselves on that they're not pensioners, and neither looking nor sounding like anything else but pensioners. Still, loads of people do seem to enjoy their gigs and I hope you do too!

And my post wasn't meant entirely seriously. I'm not one of those folk that thinks it's every Hearts fan's duty to spend every spare penny they have on the club, to the exclusion of all other interests they may have in their lives!

No worries bud, l appreciate your replies. I will keep my expectations low and hopefully l will be pleasantly surprised haha!

Harry Potter
On 4/2/2018 at 09:39, Bez said:

I will be renewing. Not in a massive rush though. I will get around to it. 

this.

On 02/04/2018 at 19:22, The Treasurer said:

Not for one second.

That Sir, is because you are a champion.

Two renewed yesterday. A couple of folk behind me in the queue.

The football has been utter shite this season but it has been utter shite in many seasons going back through the decades. I guess we are due a half decent one soonish?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Interesting reading some posts, people thinking they arent getting VFM at Tynecastle. Yet we have beaten Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs without conceding a goal in 5 games. Admittedly Hibs win was in the cup and not a ST match, but you get the drift.

Away from home, yeah, no VFM, but a stadium that is constantly being worked upon and a team unbeaten at Tynecastle at least, I would have thought this years season ticket would have been one of the better  ones bought, at least statistically?

Edited by Sir Gio

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Interesting reading some posts, people thinking they arent getting VFM at Tynecastle. Yet we have beaten Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs without conceding a goal in 5 games. Admittedly Hibs win was in the cup and not a ST match, but you get the drift.

Away from home, yeah, no VFM, but a stadium that is constantly being worked upon and a team unbeaten at Tynecastle at least, I would have thought this years season ticket would have been one of the better  ones bought, at least statistically?

Unhappily, Sir G, we don't watch statistics. Of course there have been chinks of light from time to time and a few of our results have been outstanding but the general standard of play has been pretty dire this season. All that the common 5/8ths want is to see their team having a real go and getting in the faces of the opposition. Sure, silky football would be nice too but heart and workrate has to come first.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Unhappily, Sir G, we don't watch statistics. Of course there have been chinks of light from time to time and a few of our results have been outstanding but the general standard of play has been pretty dire this season. All that the common 5/8ths want is to see their team having a real go and getting in the faces of the opposition. Sure, silky football would be nice too but heart and workrate has to come first.

I would say we have had that at home. Even the 0 0 with County we had 20 odd efforts on goal. 

Our away form has meant we are not as competitive in the league and that seems to be confusing people with the home form. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I would say we have had that at home. Even the 0 0 with County we had 20 odd efforts on goal. 

Our away form has meant we are not as competitive in the league and that seems to be confusing people with the home form. 

Have to agree with DH - have been bored. However, renewed as per usual. Hope next season isn't the yawn this one has been.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, jambali said:

Have to agree with DH - have been bored. However, renewed as per usual. Hope next season isn't the yawn this one has been.

I have enjoyed the home games from mid December. I think you are bored because of the League position and these good wins and performances actually have counted for very little 

As Marilyn Monroe once said and what seems to be a current popular meme.  If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Support the club through thick and thin. 

ford donald
On 02/04/2018 at 08:22, The Treasurer said:

Not for one second.

If you have all the old season tickets,I would suggest the club should be making you a life member for free.

Only made it across for about 4 games this season :(  but just renewed

Convinced myself, I need more loyalty points for a Hampden appearance next season:walk_man:

Clerry Jambo
56 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

?

Sorry Doug, poor Banter!

Hibs have sold 9500 and going by responses on here don't think we have sold much, however, I'm sure the same pessimism was around last season and look what happened!

6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I have enjoyed the home games from mid December. I think you are bored because of the League position and these good wins and performances actually have counted for very little 

Naw. For example first half against Plastic Whistle was good second half was 100% borefest. Good spell against the sheep then yaaawn!

6 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

That’s a decent point, there’s been something missing in the league games/atmosphere and it could be that we’ve had nothing to play for in months.

We could see we weren’t going to challenge for Europe so it was irrelevant where we finished, plus similar to the last few years, I’ve felt that once we were out the Scottish, the season was over as we’ve nothing to play for in the league.

10 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Sorry Doug, poor Banter!

Hibs have sold 9500 and going by responses on here don't think we have sold much, however, I'm sure the same pessimism was around last season and look what happened!

Didn't know that Clerry.  Despite a largely disappointing season and an utter fiasco of post split fixtures, I hope the majority will renew and FoH subs will hold up.

The future is great.  New stand, new pitch, living wage, FoH, Save the Children.  These are the building blocks achieved in a very short space of time not to mention major investment in the academy. And a quite superb Chairwoman.

The benefits of at that will be visible on the pitch sooner rather than later.  

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

No update from Hearts yet on sales?

I'd say we aren't doing as well as we had hoped Doug. I haven't renewed yet and wont until i see some decent product brought in over the summer. I would say a lot of fans see it the same 

6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I'd say we aren't doing as well as we had hoped Doug. I haven't renewed yet and wont until i see some decent product brought in over the summer. I would say a lot of fans see it the same 

And yet, ST sales determine how much they can spend on players. A catch 22 situation.

1 minute ago, davieholt said:

And yet, ST sales determine how much they can spend on players. A catch 22 situation.

Agreee 100% however the rumours around signing McLean certainly don’t inspire me to renew. 

On 11/04/2018 at 18:50, Clerry Jambo said:

Sorry Doug, poor Banter!

HIBS fans have a financial incentive to book early.

I believe the cut off for  early bird prices is this week.

No such incentive for Hearts fans but we will get there in the end . Just like last season they had sold about 9000 before we had even started.

Victories over Celtic and Hibs at home would be a huge boost to our sales efforts.

Here's hoping.?

Renewed mine yesterday - £496.50 for platinum , ouch! - hoping for a few more Celtic style gubbings next season.

letsalldothebeattie

I find it interesting that season tickets have been on sale for a few weeks now and we've not had anything out the club on how they are selling. Im assuming this is because they aren't selling as well as the club hoped? Im not blaming anyone for not renewing everyone is entitled to do as they please. Does anyone ITK have an idea of how many have shifted?

John Findlay

I'm a Hearts supporter. I will renew both mine and the laddie's regardless of who is and isint signed. It's in the blood.

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

HIBS fans have a financial incentive to book early.

I believe the cut off for  early bird prices is this week.

No such incentive for Hearts fans but we will get there in the end . Just like last season they had sold about 9000 before we had even started.

Victories over Celtic and Hibs at home would be a huge boost to our sales efforts.

Here's hoping.?

Perhaps we will get the chance to gub them and their ugly sister 3 times at Tynecastle

Edited by BelgeJambo