Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Last season everyone renewed despite fearing the worst with Cathro. Everyone knew he was out his depth but Anne Budge did nothing.

Maybe a few thousand not renewing will make AB realise that we won't just renew out of habit and that we won't put up with the ineptitude of the last few seasons. 

The signings so far are a joke for a club our size. 

The transfer window isn’t even open yet. 

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Fans not renewing will lead to Hibs for the first time in probably decades having more season ticket holders than us. Another reason for them to state that they are the bigger team in Edinburgh. We’ll also have less money to spend on players etc. Levein isn’t going to be sacked because ticket sales are down a couple of thousand. It will be on performances. Fans not renewing for footballing reasons only hurts the club. 

On the other hand if fans are never prepared to hurt the club the club has no great incentive to address the fans' possibly legitimate concerns.

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think some people will be right and I can't blame them. Add to that the extremely short notice while the SPFL and police worked out how best to avoid Celtic winning the league at Ibrox!

Thing is FA when you take paying customers  for granted as Scottish Football seems to do frequently you can have no complaints when they turn their back on it . 

Going to be interesting then to see the numbers. Never thought about not renewing. The club is going in the right direction. Far too much doom and gloom on here and some of the posters that like to provide this stuff are undoubtedly imposters.  My mantra has always been to stand by the club  through thick and thin. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

On the other hand if fans are never prepared to hurt the club the club has no great incentive to address the fans' possibly legitimate concerns.

Such is the dilemma for the football supporter. 

Francis Albert
Just now, davemclaren said:

The transfer window isn’t even open yet. 

We were told there would be at least three new signings by now so I don't see why we should not have a view about the quality of those signings. If that message was an encouragement to buy STs then I doubt it will be a great incentive.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

We were told there would be at least three new signings by now so I don't see why we should not have a view about the quality of those signings. If that message was an encouragement to buy STs then I doubt it will be a great incentive.

When were we told there would be at least three signings by now? I missed that one. 

4 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Still haven't renewed. I'm a Platinum Season ticket holder, £500 is a big ask given both the standard of football and more infuriatingly, the irregular scheduling of games. The latter is obviously outwith the clubs control, but how often do we seemingly go weeks at a time without a game, or alternatively have a few in a row?

It’s all about choices though isn’t it. You either want to go and watch Hearts every home game or you don’t. If you do it’s  best to have the same seat especially for the cat A games. Personal opinion. 

queensferryjambo

Did anyone say we would have 3 new signings? I thought the talk in the papers was Hearts had made 3 offers to players? Hearts could make 100 offers and still not get a positive response from players.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s all about choices though isn’t it. You either want to go and watch Hearts every home game or you don’t. If you do it’s  best to have the same seat especially for the cat A games. Personal opinion. 

I agree. I like to know where I am sitting for the season. 

4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Do people really still need it explained to them that we were pretty much the worst team in the league under Cathro, and that this season was impacted by the fixture disruption due to the new stand and the poor preparation during pre-season prior to Cathro being sacked???????????

Sadly it seems a lot need to hear it multiple times before it sinks in. 

3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If the predictions of having sold less than last season are true then folks that have renewed should, if they so wish, be able to move to some decent seats after the 2nd of May. Every cloud and all that...

Yes, lots of opportunities for a better seat, especially in new stand. 

Thinking about getting a ST for the first time in a few years , the only thing putting me off is paying for 19 home games and only getting 18.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Going to be interesting then to see the numbers. Never thought about not renewing. The club is going in the right direction. Far too much doom and gloom on here and some of the posters that like to provide this stuff are undoubtedly imposters.  My mantra has always been to stand by the club  through thick and thin. 

Maybe some are imposters but others genuinely disagree about whether on the football side at least (which is what matters) we are heading in the right direction. There has been precious little evidence of that in the last 18 months. Yes a couple of promising youngsters have emerged but that has happened often without them progressing as we all.initially hoped they would. As a side our performances have generally been uninspiring when not turgid.

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

I don't think there is any doubt that whilst the results of these games are of no historic relevance and will make no difference to where we end up in the league the derby particularly is extremely important for Levein and Budge. They can't afford further pressure as the summer approaches and they can't afford Hibs ending up 2nd in the league. They've already presided over and helped enable Hibs ending their long Scottish Cup hoodoo and apparently its 40+ years since they finished 2nd in the top flight. Its also over 40 years since we failed to score against them in a league campaign and it last happened when there was only 2 league derbies each season so that needs put right at Tynecastle too or they can add that to their list of horror shows; alongside the infamous derby replay defeat, the worst European result in our history to a team from Malta, being knocked out of the league cup by Peterhead and Dunfermline and some of the most ill advised and worst contracts handed out to dud players imaginable!  People are pissed off and rightly so, so regardless of how much it matters that match will have an impact on claiming some feel good back or otherwise which will determine the sales of ST's.

Living in the past isn’t good for your disposition. Lighten up. . 

1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

Anyone else think the Marketing behind buying STs seems a bit low key this year. I have 5 STs which I haven't renewed yet yet receive no email or chaser etc....

Im going to renew no doubt but just seemed the whole campaign for STs seemed a little lacklustre TBH.

Think there will be a strong push next week. Trying to get signings confirmed  in next four/five days. No idea who. 

29 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I posted a similar comment and was shot down for asking the club for continuous personal communication from Ann. I also posted that only my obsessive attention to JKB reminded me of the deadline for renewal. Maybe we have nearly sold out and the club sees no need to market or communicate about ST sales.

Who knows? But you would think the lack of communication/urgency would suggest sales are on track. At least I would. 

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

When were we told there would be at least three signings by now? I missed that one. 

Sorry. Three offers made and we would hear more by the split. Kind of assumed that meant there was a reasonable chance those offers would be accepted and the news by the split would relate to those. Mabe the uninspiring signings we have made are unrelated and the good news is still to come.

maroonsgotop
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think there will be a strong push next week. Trying to get signings confirmed  in next four/five days. No idea who. 

hope to hell one of them is not the guy from Inverness that's being talked about on another thread

14 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Absolutely. None of the kids behaviour. 

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Don’t think so. Can’t recall  anyone from Hearts saying that. In any case window isnt even open and vast majority of players still under contract. Even pre- contract deals have get-outs in case of injury etc. 

11 minutes ago, yennifrt said:

Thinking about getting a ST for the first time in a few years , the only thing putting me off is paying for 19 home games and only getting 18.

Might be 20 next season. Go on, take a punt. 

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Living in the past isn’t good for your disposition. Lighten up. . 

Since we can't live in the future and the present is rather fleeting we have little option but to live with or if you like in the past. 

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry. Three offers made and we would hear more by the split. Kind of assumed that meant there was a reasonable chance those offers would be accepted and the news by the split would relate to those. Mabe the uninspiring signings we have made are unrelated and the good news is still to come.

I believe more than three have been accepted. Just not going public out of respect to players involved and their clubs. 

Since we can't live in the future and the present is rather fleeting we have little option but to live with or if you like in the past. 

Disagree but don’t want a debate thanks. 

Francis Albert
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think so. Can’t recall  anyone from Hearts saying that. In any case window isnt even open and vast majority of players still under contract. Even pre- contract deals have get-outs in case of injury etc. 

See post above. Three offers made suggested there was some expectation theyvwould be accepted. Maybe they have but the good news is yet to come and they don't include the confirmed signings.

All Out Attack
18 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Seeing no signs whatsoever of the club going in the right direction, in fact with our announced signings and the continution of the Levein management regime, it seems to be getting worse. 

Look back over the whole thread, there are an awful lot of people looking for excuses not to renew and this is really worrying. The brutal truth is our manager is turning people against Hearts and he is not worth it. Apathy is spreading. 

I haven't renewed ours yet but will definitely do it. Hearts need your support so those thinking of not renewing, need to look beyond Levein and hope Budge sorts this out sooner rather than later. 

31 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Seeing no signs whatsoever of the club going in the right direction, in fact with our announced signings and the continution of the Levein management regime, it seems to be getting worse. 

Look back over the whole thread, there are an awful lot of people looking for excuses not to renew and this is really worrying. The brutal truth is our manager is turning people against Hearts and he is not worth it. Apathy is spreading. 

I haven't renewed ours yet but will definitely do it. Hearts need your support so those thinking of not renewing, need to look beyond Levein and hope Budge sorts this out sooner rather than later. 

Probably pretty common - not happy but still renewing 

Then there are those that don't get all negative

So probably pretty good sales 

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Last season everyone renewed despite fearing the worst with Cathro. Everyone knew he was out his depth but Anne Budge did nothing.

Maybe a few thousand not renewing will make AB realise that we won't just renew out of habit and that we won't put up with the ineptitude of the last few seasons. 

The signings so far are a joke for a club our size. 

The point is there no way she’s going to sack Levein because season tickets are down. Certainly when you can’t specifically pin point every non renewer to Levein. He’ll only be sacked if the results aren’t there. It’s a similar situation with the Vlad share issue. Some fans refused to buy shares as a protest or deemed it a waste of money. Others backed the club regardless whether the money would be wasted. Different mentality across fans I guess.  

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

That’s not insight, that’s rampant speculation and exaggeration. ?

It’s not really is it? What part of the empire building don’t you are agree with ? Budge doesn’t understand the football side , a very astute business lady but no idea about football and because she put all her eggs into the one basket she’s stuck. If she was to sack him tomorrow she’d shit a brick. 

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

The Mulraney signing should entice a few to renew who are thinking about not doing so ?

You still alive mate?

I'm surprised your missus hasn't went all Misery on you.

All Out Attack
26 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

The point is there no way she’s going to sack Levein because season tickets are down. Certainly when you can’t specifically pin point every non renewer to Levein. He’ll only be sacked if the results aren’t there. It’s a similar situation with the Vlad share issue. Some fans refused to buy shares as a protest or deemed it a waste of money. Others backed the club regardless whether the money would be wasted. Different mentality across fans I guess.  

I think this is part of the problem actually. 

It's bad enough seeing what Levein is doing here, but what really grates with me is the likely impact he will have in season ticket sales. The apathy and negativity that surrounds this man is something else. He's simply not worth it. 

Every time Budge seems to get the PR right, Levein seems to find a way of ruining it. If it's not team performances or his negative setup, it's now his anti-football interviews.

To be honest, I think there is little point of the club pushing season tickets too hard just now, as our manager still has another 4 games to go. Although, lose to Hibs for example and the seethe could very well see him off. That scenario won't be pretty. 

I think the club needs to wait until the season is over before ramping up season ticket advertising. 

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I think this is part of the problem actually. 

It's bad enough seeing what Levein is doing here, but what really grates with me is the likely impact he will have in season ticket sales. The apathy and negativity that surrounds this man is something else. He's simply not worth it. 

Every time Budge seems to get the PR right, Levein seems to find a way of ruining it. If it's not team performances or his negative setup, it's now his anti-football interviews.

To be honest, I think there is little point of the club pushing season tickets too hard just now, as our manager still has another 4 games to go. Although, lose to Hibs for example and the seethe could very well see him off. That scenario won't be pretty. 

I think the club needs to wait until the season is over before ramping up season ticket advertising. 

Levein isn't going anywhere even if we never win another point or score another goal this season. That would just strengthen the view he must have a full window and full pre-season to correct the damage he allowed Cathro to inflict.

The precedent was set with Cathro and Levein is far more secure than Cathro was.

Edited by Francis Albert

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Maybe some are imposters but others genuinely disagree about whether on the football side at least (which is what matters) we are heading in the right direction. There has been precious little evidence of that in the last 18 months. Yes a couple of promising youngsters have emerged but that has happened often without them progressing as we all.initially hoped they would. As a side our performances have generally been uninspiring when not turgid.

I'd agree it has been a season to forget. It started off badly and it took getting rid of Cathro before we got any semblance of stability.  You are right the style of play has been uninspiring much of the time, though with a few brilliant interludes in places.

Criticism is one thing but I sense little more than a deep malice towards the club with one or two regular detractors. People have to make up their own minds about supporting the club. Personally speaking I don't think throwing in the towel and walking away makes any sense - but that's just my perspective others might have other ideas.

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Levein isn't going anywhere even if we never win another point or score another goal this season. That would just strengthen the view he must have a full window and full pre-season to correct the damage he allowed Cathro to inflict.

The precedent was set with Cathro and Levein is far more secure than Cathro was.

You are right - he is going to be given time to sort out the mess. I don't doubt though that should the season start off with some of the disasterous stuff we saw at the beginning of last season he will be shown the door. I'm sure Mrs Budge is well aware of the rumblings of discontent. Who is signed (and not just the squad players signed over the last week) will really determine where we are heading.

9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I'd agree it has been a season to forget. It started off badly and it took getting rid of Cathro before we got any semblance of stability.  You are right the style of play has been uninspiring much of the time, though with a few brilliant interludes in places.

Criticism is one thing but I sense little more than a deep malice towards the club with one or two regular detractors. People have to make up their own minds about supporting the club. Personally speaking I don't think throwing in the towel and walking away makes any sense - but that's just my perspective others might have other ideas.

This is how I see it. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Markymark said:

It’s not really is it? What part of the empire building don’t you are agree with ? Budge doesn’t understand the football side , a very astute business lady but no idea about football and because she put all her eggs into the one basket she’s stuck. If she was to sack him tomorrow she’d shit a brick. 

It is. Craig isn’t the only experienced football person she could employ. I would suggest that she isn’t scared to sack him but she doesn’t want to. I won’t even comment on your brainwashing allegations because I can’t believe you were serious. 

jamtartan74
1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

You still alive mate?

I'm surprised your missus hasn't went all Misery on you.

Only just ? still not bought it yet get paid the morn so will buy it then, if I never post again on kb then u will know why, will say it now just in case I don’t see Thursday , it was great talking to u all and hope u enjoy next season ?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

Only just ? still not bought it yet get paid the morn so will buy it then, if I never post again on kb then u will know why, will say it now just in case I don’t see Thursday , it was great talking to u all and hope u enjoy next season ?

Prayers are with you mate.

Stay strong.

:sob:

sandylejambo

I renewed today, if the reported players we are supposed to sign are what we can expect, I kinda wish I hadn't. my club has been a mess for the last two years and I don't want to go through another like those, If this is what we get I'll give it a miss next time, my blood pressure wont stand it.

Shanks said no

I hadn't even realised that there was only a week to renew, the season has been over since the Well game and I just can't find anything positive to look forward to. 

However get paid on Friday and will probably wander along to renew my two tickets, albeit without much enthusiasm. 

At least I will be in place for seat moving day, whenever that is.

3 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

Excellent balanced post. Budge is the only person that can do something before further damage is done.

Italian Lambretta
3 hours ago, All Out Attack said:

And if we all renew and Budge does nothing then what?

jamtartan74
1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Prayers are with you mate.

Stay strong.

:sob:

Thanks mate they are most welcome and very much needed ?

maroonsgotop
3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I take it you have seen him play yeah ? 

Is he really bad ? 

What specifically are his bad points ? 

Has he anything going for him ? 

is he really that good that we didn't go out and grab him when he was on trial and now cannot get a game for a mid table championship team. yep, really excited about this guy

jamtartan74

That’s me renewed now, hopefully next season is better than this one. Might not matter once mrs jamtartan finds out ? I might not make it into next season. ??????

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

That’s me renewed now, hopefully next season is better than this one. Might not matter once mrs jamtartan finds out ? I might not make it into next season. ??????

:robbo: