Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jamtartan74
6 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Would be interesting to know how many home games we have had at 3 on a Saturday

12 including Murrayfield 

actually 10, 2 of the 12 were a Sunday 3pm

Edited by jamtartan74

jamtartan74
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Does that include cup ties?

No, 2 cup ties at home sat 3pm

Edited by jamtartan74

jamtartan74
Just now, davemclaren said:

Thatnks, 12 is not too bad then. 

It’s actually more than I thought, doesn’t feel like we have had as many as that, so that’s 10 league games and 2 cup games, plus 2 on a Sunday 3pm

davemclaren

If the predictions of having sold less than last season are true then folks that have renewed should, if they so wish, be able to move to some decent seats after the 2nd of May. Every cloud and all that...

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Do people really still need it explained to them that we were pretty much the worst team in the league under Cathro, and that this season was impacted by the fixture disruption due to the new stand and the poor preparation during pre-season prior to Cathro being sacked???????????

Have we had an explanation yet of why the head coach who reduced us to pretty much the worst team in the league was given another window and allowed to continue to proceed to make us the worst top league tier side in the league cup?

Italian Lambretta
39 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If the predictions of having sold less than last season are true then folks that have renewed should, if they so wish, be able to move to some decent seats after the 2nd of May. Every cloud and all that...

Maybe the penny will finally drop with Mrs Budge that what’s being served up is not satisfactory to the fans.

Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

Maybe the penny will finally drop with Mrs Budge that what’s being served up is not satisfactory to the fans.

She couldn’t care less. If she did, she’d have had someone else in her ear consulting her on all football matters. Failure at the club are shrugged of with piss poor weak statements about not being happy. Guess what neither are the ****ing fans! 

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Markymark said:

She couldn’t care less. If she did, she’d have had someone else in her ear consulting her on all football matters. Failure at the club are shrugged of with piss poor weak statements about not being happy. Guess what neither are the ****ing fans! 

Yip the majority has swung. Football people can see the lack of tempo, style and desire in so many games. We couldn't even get out the blocks for a SC quarter final. I know a player who used to play during CLs first tenure as manager nad he said he used to be delighted with away draws when most of the players were thinking they could have won the game with more ambition. This whole "away" mentality has to change, I don't see it happening. It's the SPL FFS, we are not going to win it and not going to get relegated so just go out, play to win games and see where you end up. We were so flat on Sunday i switched it off. Horrendous.

Edited by We_are_the_Hearts

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Still haven't renewed. I'm a Platinum Season ticket holder, £500 is a big ask given both the standard of football and more infuriatingly, the irregular scheduling of games. The latter is obviously outwith the clubs control, but how often do we seemingly go weeks at a time without a game, or alternatively have a few in a row?

Agreed Martin. It's the combination of both the poor standard and the scheduling of games. Posters talking about Asda will probably still be pushing the trolleys down the aisles at 3pm on a Saturday while games take place on Sunday lunchtime or Friday night's. 

Before the season has started we know that none of our bigger home games or at ER will take place at 3pm on a Saturday. There will be no Boxing Day or Neerday games either. The clubs are allowing the SPFL to shaft the fans and it's time the fans voted with their feet and credit cards or , in our case, cash and cheque book.

1 hour ago, Markymark said:

Levein has moved us up the table right enough hasn’t he.

The only reason the Cathro version finished in fifth was down to the points previously gained by Neilson.  If you were to start the league from the point that Cathro took over, we were certainly in the bottom 4 places.  So Levein has effectively taken a team showing relegation form and moved it into the top 6.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not celebrating a 6th place finish, but let's not ignore certain facts because it weakens our argument.

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

They don't say they prefer cash or cheque just for fun! They say it because it benefits the club!

It's absolutely fine of course to not pay by the preferred methods if it's too difficult or inconvenient, but for a Hearts fan to simply not give a 'flying feck' about what benefits the club is definitely a strange attitude to have.

Oh I give a feck OK I just don't fancy getting rolled by some thief when heading down Wheatfield Street.

If the bad guys know that there is a chance someone on their own heading to the ticket office could be carrying large they would take the chance.

25 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Yip the majority has swung. Football people can see the lack of tempo, style and desire in so many games. We couldn't even get out the blocks for a SC quarter final. I know a player who used to play during CLs first tenure as manager nad he said he used to be delighted with away draws when most of the players were thinking they could have won the game with more ambition. This whole "away" mentality has to change, I don't see it happening. It's the SPL FFS, we are not going to win it and not going to get relegated so just go out, play to win games and see where you end up. We were so flat on Sunday i switched it off. Horrendous.

I was heartfelt sorry for the fans that went through hoping for a performance and what they were subjected to was an inept gutless and wimpering wet fart from Levein. Sadly, I’m not prepared to hand over a further penny in ticket sales until he’s gone, not moved back upstairs to continue with his freaky control like behaviour. Out and away for good. 

davemclaren
33 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Agreed Martin. It's the combination of both the poor standard and the scheduling of games. Posters talking about Asda will probably still be pushing the trolleys down the aisles at 3pm on a Saturday while games take place on Sunday lunchtime or Friday night's. 

Before the season has started we know that none of our bigger home games or at ER will take place at 3pm on a Saturday. There will be no Boxing Day or Neerday games either. The clubs are allowing the SPFL to shaft the fans and it's time the fans voted with their feet and credit cards or , in our case, cash and cheque book.

The clubs are the spfl so it’s if the clubs chosing. 

davemclaren

Perhaps she believes that things will improve and that not everyone agrees with the view that they won’t. As CEO she stands or falls by those tough decisions. 

14 minutes ago, durhamhearts said:

Anybody know how well or not so well the ST sales are going, I renewed my two on first day BTW

As yet the club have made no announcement. I would anticipate a rallying call fairly soon with promises of recruitment being made easier if people sign up. I’m sure Budge will try to sell the notion that we will be more competitive. As things stand It’s very evident without some significant signings and with the same football management in place that season ticket numbers are going to drop markedly.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

As yet the club have made no announcement. I would anticipate a rallying call fairly soon with promises of recruitment being made easier if people sign up. I’m sure Budge will try to sell the notion that we will be more competitive. As things stand It’s very evident without some significant signings and with the same football management in place that season ticket numbers are going to drop markedly.

We should get an initial view at the end of next week. Encouraging people to buy isn’t an unusual sales practice and you are, and she would be, right that less sales delivers less budget for next season. 

How markedly do you expect them to drop?

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Signing 2 marquee midfield players is the only thing that will get fans along to renew season tickets. Judging by what's already been signed up I don't hold out much hope.

8 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Signing 2 marquee midfield players is the only thing that will get fans along to renew season tickets. Judging by what's already been signed up I don't hold out much hope.

I think our performances against Celtic, and more so Hibs, in our last 2 home games will also have a bearing on ST sales.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Better players than the ones we signed are liable to be still playing for things. I haven’t given up hope of some good signings yet. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

I think our performances against Celtic, and more so Hibs, in our last 2 home games will also have a bearing on ST sales.

I agree with that, for sure. 

2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Do people really still need it explained to them that we were pretty much the worst team in the league under Cathro, and that this season was impacted by the fixture disruption due to the new stand and the poor preparation during pre-season prior to Cathro being sacked???????????

Going by that rationale, Stevie Clarke must be the best manager the world has ever seen !

Or....going by normal rationale, we wouldn't be having this conversation if we had a guy like Clarke at the helm.

Let's not put this down to fixture disruption. It's offensive to anyone with eyes that function properly.

FarmerTweedy

Absolute shite!

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We should get an initial view at the end of next week. Encouraging people to buy isn’t an unusual sales practice and you are, and she would be, right that less sales delivers less budget for next season. 

How markedly do you expect them to drop?

Agreed but doing it from a position of strength and not when there are thousands of frustrated / pissed off/ disenchanted punters is a lot more optimal. Her words are growing hollow in respect to the football side of the club, sound bites are no longer good enough. 

I would anticipate that as of now we would be headed for something in the region of 11-12k. This can change of course, and I hope it does but its up to Budge and Levein to make that happen. The early signings for different reasons may pad out the squad but we are going to need significantly more exciting signings to see some part with their hard earned. 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Oh I give a feck OK I just don't fancy getting rolled by some thief when heading down Wheatfield Street.

If the bad guys know that there is a chance someone on their own heading to the ticket office could be carrying large they would take the chance.

That's absolutely fine, totally justified. No reason to even feel the need to justify it in fact.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Agreed but doing it from a position of strength and not when there are thousands of frustrated / pissed off/ disenchanted punters is a lot more optimal. Her words are growing hollow in respect to the football side of the club, sound bites are no longer good enough. 

I would anticipate that as of now we would be headed for something in the region of 11-12k. This can change of course, and I hope it does but its up to Budge and Levein to make that happen. The early signings for different reasons may pad out the squad but we are going to need significantly more exciting signings to see some part with their hard earned. 

So you think a 15 to 20% drop. I agree that a few good signings would make a difference. 

18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I don't think there is any doubt that whilst the results of these games are of no historic relevance and will make no difference to where we end up in the league the derby particularly is extremely important for Levein and Budge. They can't afford further pressure as the summer approaches and they can't afford Hibs ending up 2nd in the league. They've already presided over and helped enable Hibs ending their long Scottish Cup hoodoo and apparently its 40+ years since they finished 2nd in the top flight. Its also over 40 years since we failed to score against them in a league campaign and it last happened when there was only 2 league derbies each season so that needs put right at Tynecastle too or they can add that to their list of horror shows; alongside the infamous derby replay defeat, the worst European result in our history to a team from Malta, being knocked out of the league cup by Peterhead and Dunfermline and some of the most ill advised and worst contracts handed out to dud players imaginable!  People are pissed off and rightly so, so regardless of how much it matters that match will have an impact on claiming some feel good back or otherwise which will determine the sales of ST's.

Edited by Hendricks

8 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

The question is would more exciting signings make the football on offer under our football management more exciting?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

The question is would more exciting signings make the football on offer under our football management more exciting?

It should be we’ll just have tonwait and see. Personslly, I can cope with lack of excitement at the moment as long as we start winning more. 

Phil Dunphy

Renewed mine out of habit. 

Can’t think of anything better to do with my Saturdays but I really don’t like my money going towards the current regime. 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And its a valid question! However I would rather we signed some exciting players with pedigree in the hope their ability would negate the way they are sent out to play (especially away from home) rather than us be reliant on average players trying too fulfill those tactics. With better players in to vastly improve the starting 11 then the hope has to be that the shackles would come off some what. The overriding issue is that we need to get players of quality into the club before we can see if the approach changes and as things stand we are well short on that front.

Anyone else think the Marketing behind buying STs seems a bit low key this year. I have 5 STs which I haven't renewed yet yet receive no email or chaser etc....

Im going to renew no doubt but just seemed the whole campaign for STs seemed a little lacklustre TBH.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

Anyone else think the Marketing behind buying STs seems a bit low key this year. I have 5 STs which I haven't renewed yet yet receive no email or chaser etc....

Im going to renew no doubt but just seemed the whole campaign for STs seemed a little lacklustre TBH.

I'm glad they thought about the trees and didnt put a big effort in mailshot wise for renewals.

3 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Still haven't renewed. I'm a Platinum Season ticket holder, £500 is a big ask given both the standard of football and more infuriatingly, the irregular scheduling of games. The latter is obviously outwith the clubs control, but how often do we seemingly go weeks at a time without a game, or alternatively have a few in a row?

Good point Martin. Scheduling could also be a factor for some in not renewing, not just performance. The number of midweek derbies have been a joke this season and the fact most of the post split games are live on tv meaning early kick offs, I can see why folk would be put off. Especially if you don't live in Edinburgh these days

Phil Dunphy
4 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Especially when the renewal

period ends a week tomorrow. 

30 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Absolute shite!

Really? I tend to back up my comments with some insight whether factual or my own opinion.

She has employed a man who has built an empire over the last 3 and a bit years and has so much control she can’t get rid of him. 

The structure Levein has implemented has meant she can’t remove him. She knows **** all about football and has been brainwashed by Levein. She needs to take some counsel from a few other fit and proper football people. 

6 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Good point Martin. Scheduling could also be a factor for some in not renewing, not just performance. The number of midweek derbies have been a joke this season and the fact most of the post split games are live on tv meaning early kick offs, I can see why folk would be put off. Especially if you don't live in Edinburgh these days

Not one game post-split is on a Saturday. It has made it very difficult for myself (Norwich based) and my Dad (Worcester based) to arrange to see any of them. We're going to go for the Kilmarnock game and drive back the same day but that is a one off for us - I can see why it's tough for those who can make it to more than half a dozen home games a season if they're all at stupid times. 

Not season ticket related but Aberdeen away on a Friday night for example. 

Edited by King prawn

16 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Not one game post-split is on a Saturday. It has made it very difficult for myself (Norwich based) and my Dad (Worcester based) to arrange to see any of them. We're going to go for the Kilmarnock game and drive back the same day but that is a one off for us - I can see why it's tough for those who can make it to more than half a dozen home games a season if they're all at stupid times. 

Not season ticket related but Aberdeen away on a Friday night for example. 

Our post  split games are an utter joke . 

Our omly 2 hone games within 3 days of each other on a Sunday and Wednesday. Aberdeen on a Friday night and Kilmarnock on a Sunday morning, hardly ideal when renewals are on the go . 

Some people might think ram it  I'll just go when I fancy it as supply is outstripping demand mosr weeks tbh . 

davemclaren
36 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I agree, does seem rather quiet on that front with a week to go before the guaranteed renewal period ends. 

davemclaren
30 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Really? I tend to back up my comments with some insight whether factual or my own opinion.

She has employed a man who has built an empire over the last 3 and a bit years and has so much control she can’t get rid of him. 

The structure Levein has implemented has meant she can’t remove him. She knows **** all about football and has been brainwashed by Levein. She needs to take some counsel from a few other fit and proper football people. 

That’s not insight, that’s rampant speculation and exaggeration. ?

Francis Albert
6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Our post  split games are an utter joke . 

Our omly 2 hone games within 3 days of each other on a Sunday and Wednesday. Aberdeen on a Friday night and Kilmarnock on a Sunday morning, hardly ideal when renewals are on the go . 

Some people might think ram it  I'll just go when I fancy it as supply is outstripping demand mosr weeks tbh . 

I think some people will be right and I can't blame them. Add to that the extremely short notice while the SPFL and police worked out how best to avoid Celtic winning the league at Ibrox!

Back to 2005

Still not sure if I will renew or not. Not seeing much incentive to and the recent signings suggest a long season. 

My daughter and I renewed last weekend.Would have renewed sooner but no early discounts.However we all renew cos that's what we do.

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree, does seem rather quiet on that front with a week to go before the guaranteed renewal period ends. 

I posted a similar comment and was shot down for asking the club for continuous personal communication from Ann. I also posted that only my obsessive attention to JKB reminded me of the deadline for renewal. Maybe we have nearly sold out and the club sees no need to market or communicate about ST sales.

Fans not renewing will lead to Hibs for the first time in probably decades having more season ticket holders than us. Another reason for them to state that they are the bigger team in Edinburgh. We’ll also have less money to spend on players etc. Levein isn’t going to be sacked because ticket sales are down a couple of thousand. It will be on performances. Fans not renewing for footballing reasons only hurts the club. 

Back to 2005
4 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Fans not renewing will lead to Hibs for the first time in probably decades having more season ticket holders than us. Another reason for them to state that they are the bigger team in Edinburgh. We’ll also have less money to spend on players etc. Levein isn’t going to be sacked because ticket sales are down a couple of thousand. It will be on performances. Fans not renewing for footballing reasons only hurts the club. 

Last season everyone renewed despite fearing the worst with Cathro. Everyone knew he was out his depth but Anne Budge did nothing.

Maybe a few thousand not renewing will make AB realise that we won't just renew out of habit and that we won't put up with the ineptitude of the last few seasons. 

The signings so far are a joke for a club our size.