Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Think we’re waiting until we reach double figures mate!!!!

I bet we've sold more than you think!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Oliver Twist said:

£1390 for my 2.

:cornette_dog:

Whit? You clicked on Arsenal website ticket page instead of ours?

8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Whit? You clicked on Arsenal website ticket page instead of ours?

No.

:sadrobbo:

Don't want to trail through the thread but does anyone know if the cards are remaining the same as last season and this season just getting added? I would assume so. 

The admin fee really irritates me mind. I renewed my ST yesterday and despite paying by debit card and no postage was required, I still had to pay the £1.50 admin fee. Why? Surely Hearts could absorb this with their 6% price increase? Rather annoying. 

And in fact, I paid for all our STs last season when moving from old stand to new and I definitely didn't pay an admin fee for all 8 renewals and that was on a credit card! 

12 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Don't want to trail through the thread but does anyone know if the cards are remaining the same as last season and this season just getting added? I would assume so. 

The admin fee really irritates me mind. I renewed my ST yesterday and despite paying by debit card and no postage was required, I still had to pay the £1.50 admin fee. Why? Surely Hearts could absorb this with their 6% price increase? Rather annoying. 

And in fact, I paid for all our STs last season when moving from old stand to new and I definitely didn't pay an admin fee for all 8 renewals and that was on a credit card! 

Think the admin fee is to Ticketmaster for the use of E-Ticketing?

Just now, farin said:

I’ll be added to the same card as per, as long as your in the same seat. 

Which makes the admin charge even more annoying. Last year I had to call to pay, ordered 8 STs in the new stand (renewing from the old stand but obviously new seats for us all), paid on credit card and new cards were sent out. So from an admin perspective they've had to man a telephone, print cards & post cards and there was zero admin fee. This year they've added the season to my card, that's it.... £1.50 admin fee!

I get that it's an online thing for Ticketmaster and I can understand it for single match tickets (cup, away etc) but on the STs it is a piss take I'm afraid.

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Think the admin fee is to Ticketmaster for the use of E-Ticketing?

Yeah it is. I just think the club should absorb this for season tickets. When you're already shelling out just over a 6% increase, it's not great.

13 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

That was definitely the plan, however the risk is as follows

More seats at higher prices = empty seats

Turnover lower than hoped = investment in playing squad restricted = less playing success

The Budge girl has her head screwed on, but the football business isn't always as predictable as directors would like.

I think this sums up the risk as I see it.  And the limited number of less expensive options makes it more difficult to relocate.  Re-pricing throughout the ground could have benefitted both the club and fans.  Instead, we've simply replaced and added to a number of bronze and silver  seats with a number of gold and platinum seats.  As I said in a previous post, the club is trying to take two bites at this: the first by increasing capacity; the second by increasing the prices of the capacity it is replacing, as well as the bit it is adding.

For some, this will inevitably lead to questions being asked.  Such as, Can I move seat to somewhere less expensive - yes, but limited due to many of those seats already being taken by ST holders.  It would be worrying if the difference between keeping a seat and not keeping a seat was the money a supporter pays to FoH.

While I won't say that the club is being greedy, I do think it could have been more imaginative.

33 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Yeah it is. I just think the club should absorb this for season tickets. When you're already shelling out just over a 6% increase, it's not great.

I also think the club should waive this charge when season ticket holders buy seats for home cup games. 

1 hour ago, Strachsuit said:

Think that’s bad ?

i bought 3 tickets for Les Miserables which isn’t on until Feb 2019 !!!!!! Check out their ‘fees’

Service Charge: £5.95 x 3 = £17.85
Facility Charge: £2.50 x 3 = £7.50

delivery £2.50

total = £27.85

Edited by 1971fozzy

10 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I also think the club should waive this charge when season ticket holders buy seats for home cup games. 

Agreed.

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Think that’s bad ?

i bought 3 tickets for Les Miserables which isn’t on until Feb 2019 !!!!!! Check out their ‘fees’

delivery £2.50

total = £27.85

That's horrendous! 

And I mean going to see Les Mis, not the fees... :lol: 

...a bit disco
11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Think that’s bad ?

delivery £2.50

total = £27.85

I got two tickets for War Of The Worlds in November. Fees came to over £60.

Money for nothing!

3 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

You do if you intend on going to all the home games as it works out cheaper. 

Could end up with 18 home games instead of 19 thanks to the split. Of course, could also have 20. 

davemclaren
54 minutes ago, Haken said:

I think this sums up the risk as I see it.  And the limited number of less expensive options makes it more difficult to relocate.  Re-pricing throughout the ground could have benefitted both the club and fans.  Instead, we've simply replaced and added to a number of bronze and silver  seats with a number of gold and platinum seats.  As I said in a previous post, the club is trying to take two bites at this: the first by increasing capacity; the second by increasing the prices of the capacity it is replacing, as well as the bit it is adding.

For some, this will inevitably lead to questions being asked.  Such as, Can I move seat to somewhere less expensive - yes, but limited due to many of those seats already being taken by ST holders.  It would be worrying if the difference between keeping a seat and not keeping a seat was the money a supporter pays to FoH.

While I won't say that the club is being greedy, I do think it could have been more imaginative.

I understand the repricing thing but, undoubtedly, in the area you reprice there will be lots of people already sitting who will be happy to now get their platinum seat at gold prices and so on. I'm not convinced how much cheaper 'space' it will actually generate. 

32 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Think that’s bad ?

delivery £2.50

total = £27.85

Who was that with? I got some using the Capital Theatres website and the fees were hardly anything!

1 hour ago, Strachsuit said:

New cards will be needed for anyone doing U11 and U16

52 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

My Hibs supporting mate says that he never pays an admin charge when he buys tickets online so I can only assume that Hibs absorb the cost.

Just now, 1953 said:

My Hibs supporting mate says that he never pays an admin charge when he buys tickets online so I can only assume that Hibs absorb the cost.

Having worked with online transactions that cost being about £0.00001

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Having worked with online transactions that cost being about £0.00001

I assumed that ticketmaster would want their £1.50 and that Hibs must pay it if the customer doesn't or is that not the way it works Mikey.

Last year I paid £400 for myself and my 10 and 11 year old kids- ex Main Stand, transferred to new stand- great value i know

This year i am being asked for £715........

Sorry but this is way off

Overall the pricing is getting significantly higher with the increased Platinum seating etc.

I can understand rich, successful business people going this way because it is the general business model to charge higher where competition is limited. (we're not suddenly going to support Spartans or Edinburgh Rugby). It could along with FoH subs give Hearts a very strong, successful financial platform. 

But it is a change. 

Some people eg those long term in Wheatfield aren't affected so much. Many were already paying higj prices. But many are facing a very big increase from Silver to Platinum over the 2 year transition. 

More money in. 

Edited by Mikey1874

14 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I assumed that ticketmaster would want their £1.50 and that Hibs must pay it if the customer doesn't or is that not the way it works Mikey.

Hearts choice to do it that way

£1.50 is pure profit for online transaction. Maybe 20p for putting ticket in an envelope. 

Jambof3tornado
22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

New cards will be needed for anyone doing U11 and U16

And also for whoever it was yesterday that got his first OAP ST!!!

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, Double Top said:

Last year I paid £400 for myself and my 10 and 11 year old kids- ex Main Stand, transferred to new stand- great value i know

But you are in the shiny new stand!!

Get the kids adopted...job done.

Seriously though, can you not move to a cheaper area of the ground? I cant justify paying platinum prices so have to get wet occasionally down the front of the wheatfield in the silver priced area.

Zippyisajambo
4 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

You do if you intend on going to all the home games as it works out cheaper. 

Thing is always seem to miss a few games - this year missed 3 due to midweek clashes. 

I am no rush to renew. 

26 minutes ago, Double Top said:

Under 16 prices are less than half adult prices.  That’s a pretty good deal when you look at other events, be it cinema tickets or concerts.  

In your section that less than £9 a game...in my book that’s not bad. 

Kids are expensive...don’t i know it! It’s going to be difficult to beat this price if your kids are going to go to any sporting event with you.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I understand the repricing thing but, undoubtedly, in the area you reprice there will be lots of people already sitting who will be happy to now get their platinum seat at gold prices and so on. I'm not convinced how much cheaper 'space' it will actually generate. 

Without having done any representative model, I'd want to look at re-pricing every section.  That would have meant everyone sitting in the Roseburn, Wheatfield and Gorgie would have got a wee reduction; those moving from old to new main stand would have experienced a bit of an increase.  The overall result would be still result in the club's income from ticket sales increasing.  Increasing the availability of a commodity usually results in that commodity's value decreasing.

AlphonseCapone

Maybe I am missing it but I don't seem to be able to change my ST from an adult to student online. Seems like such a basic function. 

Pain in the arse at times our club. 

heartsfc_fan
25 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Maybe I am missing it but I don't seem to be able to change my ST from an adult to student online. Seems like such a basic function. 

Pain in the arse at times our club. 

You can't because you have to show evidence you're a student. Or else everyone would be cheating the system and getting a cheaper ticket.

Hardly Hearts being difficult here?

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

You can't because you have to show evidence you're a student. Or else everyone would be cheating the system and getting a cheaper ticket.

Hardly Hearts being difficult here?

You only need to show evidence to actually pick it up or have it posted, not to simply buy it. Otherwise they wouldn't sell student, U18 or OAP tickets online, which they do. 

I had the same problem about 5 years ago, had hoped we'd have came on a bit. 

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

You only need to show evidence to actually pick it up or have it posted, not to simply buy it. Otherwise they wouldn't sell student, U18 or OAP tickets online, which they do. 

I had the same problem about 5 years ago, had hoped we'd have came on a bit. 

Once they have your details online they automatically know that you are a certain age.

Students are different your circumstances can vary.

Surprised you are making an issue of this.

AlphonseCapone
15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Once they have your details online they automatically know that you are a certain age.

Students are different your circumstances can vary.

Surprised you are making an issue of this.

They automatically know what you've told them. Anyway, not really making an issue of it, simply commenting my surprise. Unless we can only comment to make issues?

Anne emphasised renewing as early as possible. Had I been able to online then I'd have renewed an hour ago, instead it'll be whenever I get the chance to go to Tynecastle. Again not a big issue but is it not surprising in 2018 that I can't buy a season ticket online because my circumstances have changed? 

2 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Who was that with? I got some using the Capital Theatres website and the fees were hardly anything!

Ticketmaster

7 hours ago, Zippyisajambo said:

Son is 10years, turns 11 on June.
They have removed the u13 category, and as he is 11 "on 1st Aug" he qualifies for the u16 category.

The stadium expansion has led me to one conclusion - "do i really need a season ticket?" 

similar boat my boy is 11 so his season ticket has more than doubled. We sit in gold having thoughts of looking for silver seats. I have been behind most things the club has done but removing the under 12s is a bit much as didnt see that one coming. 

4 hours ago, Gershwin said:

It will be Ticketmaster. I googled the tickets, ticketmaster came up at the top and their fees were ridiculous. I then went to the venue direct and got the tickets about £12 or so cheaper per person. 

Also if anyone ever gets tickets to an event at the usher hall then do it direct with the venue, it’s onlt a 50p charge pp. 

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

They automatically know what you've told them. Anyway, not really making an issue of it, simply commenting my surprise. Unless we can only comment to make issues?

Anne emphasised renewing as early as possible. Had I been able to online then I'd have renewed an hour ago, instead it'll be whenever I get the chance to go to Tynecastle. Again not a big issue but is it not surprising in 2018 that I can't buy a season ticket online because my circumstances have changed? 

Seems reasonable to me, even more so if you are changing from the Adult category .    You could stop being a student at any time, and it is correct Hearts verify this.

Once you are an OAP, you don’t normally stop becoming one. 

davemclaren
Just now, Paolo said:

Seems reasonable to me, even more so if you are changing from the Adult category .    You could stop being a student at any time, and it is correct Hearts verify this.

Only the once usually. ?

4 hours ago, Zippyisajambo said:

Thing is always seem to miss a few games - this year missed 3 due to midweek clashes. 

I am no rush to renew. 

Fair enough. Works out at about £20 a game. 

47 minutes ago, Paolo said:

???

AlphonseCapone
59 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Again, the verification isn't the issue. If I was buying a season ticket for the first time and I was a student, I could do this online but would have to provide proof before Hearts issued it. That's all good. I don't see why it isn't possible to change from adult to student online and Hearts can wait to issue once I provide proof. 

15 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Again, the verification isn't the issue. If I was buying a season ticket for the first time and I was a student, I could do this online but would have to provide proof before Hearts issued it. That's all good. I don't see why it isn't possible to change from adult to student online and Hearts can wait to issue once I provide proof. 

What you suggest, and what Hearts do, both involve a visit to the ticket office, so I don’t see the issue.  If you are a genuine student, you can still stay in bed late, get up and watch Bargain Hunt, and still get to the Ticket Office in time to purchase your ticket. 

gerryjambo41

Renewed today only a £20 increase for me in silver section S . I’m glad my kids are older now as that is a huge jump in price for under 12’s . Hopefully everyone renews and we have a much better, more exciting season next season and the price increases seem worth it . FTH