Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

35 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Still to re-new my 3 platinum ST - thick end of £1,500 - I will of course, but only due to loyalty to the Club and not through any sense of anticipation of better things under the current football management. 

Not renewed my 3 either yet. I've been torn the last couple of seasons and this season is the same. Leaning more towards not bothering. Totally fed up with it. Levein has sucked the passion out of me. No enjoyment at all these days.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Francis Albert

Also still to renew after for the first time not doing it within a few days of them going on sale. No doubt I will in the end but with less enthusiasm than ever. Thanks to those giving a reminder that 2/5 is the deadline - for some reason I was thinking it was later. Surprised the club hasn't (unless I missed it) sent a reminder that it is only 9 days until "the window slams shut".

heartsfc_fan

Not renewed yet purely because it's come earlier than expected this time round.

Looking at my emails from last year I renewed on 25th May. This year we'll be one payday short to save.

Will renew though, probably this weekend. Beans on toast for the rest of May to cover it.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am renewing tomorrow and will use my normal payment method which will not be cash or cheque. 

Frankly I don't give a flying feck about their preferred method.

Strange attitude!

FarmerTweedy   

FarmerTweedy
  2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I am renewing tomorrow and will use my normal payment method which will not be cash or cheque. 

Strange attitude!

Not really, his choice. Tbh the club are lucky folk like jonno are even renewing after the rubbish that's been served up last couple of seasons. Football clubs are all guilty of playing on our blind loyalty and, if people suddenly decide they want to spend their money elsewhere who can blame them? Can you think of any other situation where you would voluntary pay hundreds of pounds and get no entertainment back?? Sunday at newco summed us up. Perfect chance to have a go with no pressure. Instead Levein has us trying to be atletico madrid by sitting in and giving other the team the ball. Sadly Atletico we are not! If folk choose to use a credit card to renew (maybe due to their own financial circumstances) I reckon the club should still be grateful. Just my opinion of course!

31 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

FarmerTweedy   

FarmerTweedy
  2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Strange attitude!

Not really, his choice. Tbh the club are lucky folk like jonno are even renewing after the rubbish that's been served up last couple of seasons. Football clubs are all guilty of playing on our blind loyalty and, if people suddenly decide they want to spend their money elsewhere who can blame them? Can you think of any other situation where you would voluntary pay hundreds of pounds and get no entertainment back?? Sunday at newco summed us up. Perfect chance to have a go with no pressure. Instead Levein has us trying to be atletico madrid by sitting in and giving other the team the ball. Sadly Atletico we are not! If folk choose to use a credit card to renew (maybe due to their own financial circumstances) I reckon the club should still be grateful. Just my opinion of course!

Sunday’s game wasn’t covered by your season ticket so performance/ result really not relevant. Three games at Tynie this season v Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen. Goals for 7 goals against 0, season ticket virtually required to attend all three. 

Francis Albert
17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sunday’s game wasn’t covered by your season ticket so performance/ result really not relevant. Three games at Tynie this season v Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen. Goals for 7 goals against 0, season ticket virtually required to attend all three. 

Now that's what I call a strange attitude. Our abysmal performances and results in away games has reduced our last half dozen home games or about 30% of the games covered by the ST to nothing at stake "the end of the season can't come soon enough" status.

I buy an ST in the hope and reasonable expectation we will have something to play for in the great majority if not all of the games covered.

David McCaig
8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Now that's what I call a strange attitude. Our abysmal performances and results in away games has reduced our last half dozen home games or about 30% of the games covered by the ST to nothing at stake "the end of the season can't come soon enough" status.

I buy an ST in the hope and reasonable expectation we will have something to play for in the great majority if not all of the games covered.

And not forgetting the home category A match that we have lost due to our abysmal away performances!!

I paid in cash for our two STs but it's a bit risky walking about with the best part of a grand in your pocket.

I feel the club shouldn't be pushing the fans towards paying in cash.

After all its not as if we are struggling for readies anymore is it ?

It'll be Debit Card next year like it or lump it.

Famous 1874

Any idea of how many we have sold? Can't be a lot based on the performances in general this season.

Edited by Ali Lawrie

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I paid in cash for our two STs but it's a bit risky walking about with the best part of a grand in your pocket.

I used a cheque. 

Libertarian
12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I used my debit card and renewed online. I was charged a few pounds extra but it was much more convenient and much safer than walking around with nearly a grand in notes in my pocket.

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I used a cheque. 

I posted in a cheque: used an unfranked stamp steamed off a Christmas card I received.

I was not going to give those bar stewards at Ticketmaster £1.50.  Last year they charged me £1.50 for the renewal and another £1.50 for the 'seat guarantee' scheme.

davemclaren
25 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

I posted in a cheque: used an unfranked stamp steamed off a Christmas card I received.

I was not going to give those bar stewards at Ticketmaster £1.50.  Last year they charged me £1.50 for the renewal and another £1.50 for the 'seat guarantee' scheme.

?

4 hours ago, luckydug said:

I can easily accompany cash paying people and endure their safe transit to the ticket office for a small fee ? justsayin

Does no announcement from the club to date indicate that the sales are below par.

I honestly hope so.  The club has to address our dismal performance level and tell us what steps they're taking.  Just asking for money in blind faith isn't going to keep working.

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Does no announcement from the club to date indicate that the sales are below par.

I honestly hope so.  The club has to address our dismal performance level and tell us what steps they're taking.  Just asking for money in blind faith isn't going to keep working.

I am with you on that, but I do not see how we are going to do that in the four games remaining with the players we have.  Twelve points to play for: could we squeeze eight? Is six more likely? Would five be an acceptable outcome?

There are no gimmes in there.  Maybe it is just time to sh!t or bust.  We have nothing to lose.  Except perhaps ST sales...

The Treasurer
16 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Also still to renew after for the first time not doing it within a few days of them going on sale. No doubt I will in the end but with less enthusiasm than ever. Thanks to those giving a reminder that 2/5 is the deadline - for some reason I was thinking it was later. Surprised the club hasn't (unless I missed it) sent a reminder that it is only 9 days until "the window slams shut".

Is there anything at all that you don't feel the club should issue a statement on, or send out a reminder, or come round to your door with a personal letter from Ann ?

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The club have stated, several times, that performances/results have been disappointing this season.

The club have stated that they plan to recruit up to 9-10 players over the summer.

The club have already signed up two of those players and are actively trying to tie up 4 more who are already here on loan.

What else do you suggest they do ?

You hope our sales are poor?

Each to their own. I hope sales are through the roof.

11 hours ago, luckydug said:

Agreed.  My bill was nearly £2,500. Certainly wasn’t walking about Gorgie, or anywhere else, with that amount in my pocket. 

In any case we are a grown-up club now so any  payment method should be happily accepted. 

11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Wrong, I could give you last 3 games nothing at stake re league position. Prior to that top 6 was at stake. And re last 3, if you think home games against Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs don’t matter them I’m not sure you really get being a Hearts fan. 

Reckon sales are broadly similar to last season. The club needs the season ticket money to address our performance levels, so here’s hoping sales are going very well, eh?

12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Celtic performance was outstanding and probably the highlight of the season for most of us. 4 of the 7 goals you mentioned were in that game though with the other 2 coming against Aberdeen and, whilst I'm always happy to see us beat hibs, a scrappy goal in a fairly dull cup game is not exactly entertainment in my eyes. Sadly, been too many of those performances instead of the ones against Celtic and recent win v Aberdeen. Think we've scored 20 goals in 16 home league games, 4 against Celtic, 3 against Partick and the 2 against Aberdeen amounts for almost half of the 20. That's fact and next season is massive for the club in its current management structure. You could argue Neilson had a similar mindset to Levein in a sense, set up not to get beat. Whilst it can be effective, it can also be bloody awful to watch at times and I think after 2 seasons of that type of football, our loyalty as supporters is being tested. In my opinion I reckon season tickets will still be healthy due to our loyal fan base but will be more in the region of 10-12k instead of nearer 14k we have had recent seasons. Get next season right, with entertainment and hopefully challenging for cups and Europe through the league and all will be forgotten (fickle bunch us football fans!) Walk ups will also remain healthy if we start well. I hope we do and we all have something to cheer about again!

I wouldn't be surprised if the club made an announcement soon that the period for renewals was to be extended.

In my view its far too short anyway. What's the rush the season doesn't start till August ?

Edited by luckydug

40 minutes ago, Bez said:

Reckon sales are broadly similar to last season. The club needs the season ticket money to address our performance levels, so here’s hoping sales are going very well, eh?

The club needs to get rid of Levein. 5 of us not going back until he gone and remove his bunch of merrymen with him. Never in my life have I seen a single man hold so much power at one football club. 

A decent manager thats positive and focuses on his own team rather than ‘frustrating’ others is what we need. It’s been said a thousand times but Stevie Clarke is the man we should be hounding to take over next season. 9-10 signings is a ****ing embarrassment.

The last 2 years have been excruiating watching Hearts and I’m out. Bored out of my tits watching us!  

25 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Celtic performance was outstanding and probably the highlight of the season for most of us. 4 of the 7 goals you mentioned were in that game though with the other 2 coming against Aberdeen and, whilst I'm always happy to see us beat hibs, a scrappy goal in a fairly dull cup game is not exactly entertainment in my eyes. Sadly, been too many of those performances instead of the ones against Celtic and recent win v Aberdeen. Think we've scored 20 goals in 16 home league games, 4 against Celtic, 3 against Partick and the 2 against Aberdeen amounts for almost half of the 20. That's fact and next season is massive for the club in its current management structure. You could argue Neilson had a similar mindset to Levein in a sense, set up not to get beat. Whilst it can be effective, it can also be bloody awful to watch at times and I think after 2 seasons of that type of football, our loyalty as supporters is being tested. In my opinion I reckon season tickets will still be healthy due to our loyal fan base but will be more in the region of 10-12k instead of nearer 14k we have had recent seasons. Get next season right, with entertainment and hopefully challenging for cups and Europe through the league and all will be forgotten (fickle bunch us football fans!) Walk ups will also remain healthy if we start well. I hope we do and we all have something to cheer about again!

I'll go along with that post, Billy.

I reckon, after some huffing and puffing, we will hit 12K, possibly more.

It will be pretty concerning if we don't start well. There's plenty of room for people to pick and choose.

7 minutes ago, Markymark said:

The club needs to get rid of Levein. 5 of us not going back until he gone and remove his bunch of merrymen with him. Never in my life have I seen a single man hold so much power at one football club. 

A decent manager thats positive and focuses on his own team rather than ‘frustrating’ others is what we need. It’s been said a thousand times but Stevie Clarke is the man we should be hounding to take over next season. 9-10 signings is a ****ing embarrassment.

The last 2 years have been excruiating watching Hearts and I’m out. Bored out of my tits watching us!  

Excruiating, bored and tits is bang on the money, we need a change. 

Tokyo Drifter
34 minutes ago, Boab said:

I'll go along with that post, Billy.

I reckon, after some huffing and puffing, we will hit 12K, possibly more.

It will be pretty concerning if we don't start well. There's plenty of room for people to pick and choose.

That'll be us well below Hibs then, even if we do hit 12K.

21 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

That'll be us well below Hibs then, even if we do hit 12K.

Maybe so but, i'll be honest, I couldn't give a monkey's what's going on over there, we have things to sort !

bean counter

Our five have all renewed.

It's not been the best of seasons but I'm looking forward to the next one to see how many of our younger players can continue to breakthough and progress

FarmerTweedy
17 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

:tlj:

They don't say they prefer cash or cheque just for fun! They say it because it benefits the club!

It's absolutely fine of course to not pay by the preferred methods if it's too difficult or inconvenient, but for a Hearts fan to simply not give a 'flying feck' about what benefits the club is definitely a strange attitude to have.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

The club have stated, several times, that performances/results have been disappointing this season.

The club have stated that they plan to recruit up to 9-10 players over the summer.

The club have already signed up two of those players and are actively trying to tie up 4 more who are already here on loan.

What else do you suggest they do ?

Good post.  From some of the moaning on here, anyone would think the club had announced that they're delighted with results this season and will be aiming to exactly match them next season. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Good post.  From some of the moaning on here, anyone would think the club had announced that they're delighted with results this season and will be aiming to exactly match them next season. 

?.

2 hours ago, Papa John said:

Renewed on Saturday, not enjoyed this season but still better than getting hauled around Asda at the weekend:laugh:

Asda anytime is bad but Asda on a Saturday is hell for me. In fact, if hell is real and I end up there, that is what it would be. 

LochcarronJambo

The problem is if we are down say 2000 in S.T.'s then that could be around £650,000 / £750,000 & that would have serious impact on budget affecting recruitment

Section G The Place To Be
22 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The club stated last season they were not happy with results and our final league position. We look like finishing in an even lower league position this season, behind a team that we finished above last season and a team that were in the Chanpionship.

Still haven't renewed. I'm a Platinum Season ticket holder, £500 is a big ask given both the standard of football and more infuriatingly, the irregular scheduling of games. The latter is obviously outwith the clubs control, but how often do we seemingly go weeks at a time without a game, or alternatively have a few in a row?

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Still haven't renewed. I'm a Platinum Season ticket holder, £500 is a big ask given both the standard of football and more infuriatingly, the irregular scheduling of games. The latter is obviously outwith the clubs control, but how often do we seemingly go weeks at a time without a game, or alternatively have a few in a row?

This season has been a bit special in that respect due to early fixture swapping to allow us to build a stand. 

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This season has been a bit special in that respect due to early fixture swapping to allow us to build a stand. 

Agreed, however it's been the case in previous seasons as well. Currently we have a three week gap between home games and have only had two in the past 6 weeks.

FarmerTweedy
23 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

The club stated last season they were not happy with results and our final league position. We look like finishing in an even lower league position this season, behind a team that we finished above last season and a team that were in the Chanpionship.

Do people really still need it explained to them that we were pretty much the worst team in the league under Cathro, and that this season was impacted by the fixture disruption due to the new stand and the poor preparation during pre-season prior to Cathro being sacked???????????

13 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Do people really still need it explained to them that we were pretty much the worst team in the league under Cathro, and that this season was impacted by the fixture disruption due to the new stand and the poor preparation during pre-season prior to Cathro being sacked???????????

Levein has moved us up the table right enough hasn’t he.

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Agreed, however it's been the case in previous seasons as well. Currently we have a three week gap between home games and have only had two in the past 6 weeks.

Last 5 games are always special due to our league setup. ?