Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Went up to Tynie today to renew mine for next season and nice to see a few others in front of me renewing as well. Shop quite busy too

Likewise.  But I bet you didn't have the pleasure of being dragged along to the new bathroom shop (used to be a car showroom, I think) afterwards?  Rock n roll Saturday for H.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Went up to Tynie today to renew mine for next season and nice to see a few others in front of me renewing as well. Shop quite busy too

???

Getintaethem

When the discounted tickets for those who sat in the old stand go to full price next year, there are going to be an awful lot of people looking for seats in the cheaper sections.  In my opinion too much of the ground is now platinum and they will be pricing people out and losing revenue in the very near future.  Will be £865 for me and my 2 sons to renew, and that's not even in platinum.  Going to have to think long and hard about whether or not it's worth that kind of money to watch the overly defensive, turgid football that has become the norm over the last two seasons.

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

When the discounted tickets for those who sat in the old stand go to full price next year, there are going to be an awful lot of people looking for seats in the cheaper sections.  In my opinion too much of the ground is now platinum and they will be pricing people out and losing revenue in the very near future.  Will be £865 for me and my 2 sons to renew, and that's not even in platinum.  Going to have to think long and hard about whether or not it's worth that kind of money to watch the overly defensive, turgid football that has become the norm over the last two seasons.

Agreed. I like to watch from a reasonably high level - any upper level seat - and in a fairly central position at the side - not in a section next to the corner flag, and not at one of the ends. Once my concessionary discount for my current discounted Platinum seat in the old stand goes after this season there are no seats available with these fairly modest specifications other than Platinum. At least a couple of more upper Wheatfield sections should have moved from Platinum to Gold. Given that I can't get to more than half the games I'd find it difficult to justify Platinum prices and will likely pick and choose my games.

David McCaig
50 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed. I like to watch from a reasonably high level - any upper level seat - and in a fairly central position at the side - not in a section next to the corner flag, and not at one of the ends. Once my concessionary discount for my current discounted Platinum seat in the old stand goes after this season there are no seats available with these fairly modest specifications other than Platinum. At least a couple of more upper Wheatfield sections should have moved from Platinum to Gold. Given that I can't get to more than half the games I'd find it difficult to justify Platinum prices and will likely pick and choose my games.

I think the points you raise are fair.  In my opinion Platinum should only be Sections C, D and E of the Wheatfield and the equivalent sections of the Main.

Hope the club will announce landmarks like 5,000/10,000 sold etc.  Pretty sure they have over the last few seasons.

That 1st goal against Partick should result in at least 15,000 sales!

Clerry Jambo
16 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hope the club will announce landmarks like 5,000/10,000 sold etc.  Pretty sure they have over the last few seasons.

That 1st goal against Partick should result in at least 15,000 sales!

Not sure this season Doug, think the new stand held up sales last season, think they’ll be lower this time around, however good signings and a good start will  keep the crowds rolling along

4 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

Sales of Season Tickets may be worry for Ann with fans knowing there are plenty seats for games and the price of going to games when the football is so dire. Hearts need to improve the product vastly for next season.

davemclaren
5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Not sure why upper Wheatfield should be less than upper main stand but I agree there is a conundrum for those who were paying low prices in the crappy seeating in the old stand. 

Sandy Clark
5 hours ago, Getintaethem said:

You also reaped the benefits of lower cost seating in the old main stand (as did I) for many years. You also had the opportunity to move at any time but didnt. The perfect time to move was at the end of last season when some moved from Wheatfield to New Main...but it appears you didnt take that option. It seems you decided to take the discount package and remain in the main stand. 

Jambof3tornado

Walk up prices have to make a season ticket worthwhile buying. I've renewed but have to swap shifts for midweek games etc as if I miss more than 1 or 2 matches I'd be cheaper walking up. Its only because 4 of us sit together that we dont.

Payday soon for many......get yer tickets bought.

Edited by Jambof3tornado

9 hours ago, cmonthegorgie said:

You also reaped the benefits of lower cost seating in the old main stand (as did I) for many years. You also had the opportunity to move at any time but didnt. The perfect time to move was at the end of last season when some moved from Wheatfield to New Main...but it appears you didnt take that option. It seems you decided to take the discount package and remain in the main stand. 

As someone who has sat in the old main stand (and now sits in the new one) for a good few years, I'm not sure what benefits I was reaping.  Unless, of course, partial views of really poor games could be claimed as a benefit.  The categorisation of the seats reflected the views afforded.  While that is still the case now, I think the club has just assumed that a couple of thousand former silver/bronze season ticket holders would be happy to become a couple of thousand platinum/gold season ticket holders.  I can bear the increased cost, but there will be many in the stands who can't.

Edited by Haken

Francis Albert
11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure why upper Wheatfield should be less than upper main stand but I agree there is a conundrum for those who were paying low prices in the crappy seeating in the old stand. 

My suggestion also picked up by someone else is that  the central sections of both main and Wheatfield should be platinum but more of the wing sections gold (or maybe in the new stand intermediate between gold and platinum to reflect the better facilities in the new stand although there is not a huge difference yet).

There is an imbalance with too many platinum seats and too few more affordable ones IMO. A better balance might well sell more and generate higher revenue.

But anyway the take up of the various categories will to some extent be the proof of that pudding.

Edited by Francis Albert

pennyjambo22

Renewed 2 platinum  tickets yesterday, must admit that it was done with not too much enthusiasm, but after the last 2 seasons of being asked to purchase season tickets and keep FOH subs going, hopefully the club get it correct, and we can get something to get enthusiastic about next season.

12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The other issue / change in the Platinum sections of the Main Stand is being moved higher up to accomodate the new hospitality areas. 

Which is the other reason after cost I'll be moving. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

My suggestion also picked up by someone else is that  the central sections of both main and Wheatfield should be platinum but more of the wing sections gold (or maybe in the new stand intermediate between gold and platinum to reflect the better facilities in the new stand although there is not a huge difference yet).

There is an imbalance with too many platinum seats and too few more affordable ones IMO. A better balance might well sell more and generate higher revenue.

But anyway the take up of the various categories will to some extent be the proof of that pudding.

A point I made previously was that all you might end up doing is reducing it for all those currently sitting there rather than freeing up a lot of space for those wanting to move to cheaper seats. 

While the view might be comparable, the facilities in the Wheatfield do not compare to those that will be available in the main stand. Can’t even get half decent toilets in the Wheatfield.  

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

While the view might be comparable, the facilities in the Wheatfield do not compare to those that will be available in the main stand. Can’t even get half decent toilets in the Wheatfield.  

What facilities other than a trough, a lavvy pan and wash hand basins do they have in the new stand?

been here before
51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What facilities other than a trough, a lavvy pan and wash hand basins do they have in the new stand?

That was the first thought that went through my mind.

:lol:

58 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Heated seats.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I’d imagine they have toilet doors that close, toilets that don’t leak Pish all over the place, and more than 2 or 3 cubicles in the whole stand for female supporters.

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

I’d imagine they have toilet doors that close, toilets that don’t leak Pish all over the place, and more than 2 or 3 cubicles in the whole stand for female supporters.

Fair enough, wasn’t really aware of the three issues you mention. 

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Only a quarter of the sections in the stadium are platinum - and that doesn’t include Cat B tickets in the Roseburn. Those in the best seats - as you described yourself; further back and central - should pay the highest prices.

thehibsareintheirbeds

4 renewed in wheatfield section c. More out of hope than belief but fingers crossed for more to cheer about. 

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

No troughs, urinals. Soap and hand driers as well. 

...a bit disco
26 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

No troughs, urinals. Soap and hand driers as well. 

Soap and hand driers? Must be the women's mate.

Renewed mine today and asked the girl how sales were going. She couldn't give me a number but said that sales were now picking up and the club would probably make an announcement soon.

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Be a bar soon as well, which I think should only be for us New Main Stand clientele.  

Keep the Wheatfield plebs oot....

?

20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Be a bar soon as well, which I think should only be for us New Main Stand clientele.  

Should be able to walk round next season 

Like many on here, if I lived in the UK I would be renewing without a second thought.  For the more discerning though, particularly if they are on a tight budget, performances on the field simply have to improve markedly.

Our goalscoring record is atrocious and our exit from the League Cup was an utter embarrassment.  It set the tone for the season imo.

Ann just relying on loyalty doesn't cut it.  In a league where we are vastly bigger and better supported than the majority of clubs we should be doing a great deal better.

44 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Like many on here, if I lived in the UK I would be renewing without a second thought.  For the more discerning though, particularly if they are on a tight budget, performances on the field simply have to improve markedly.

Our goalscoring record is atrocious and our exit from the League Cup was an utter embarrassment.  It set the tone for the season imo.

Ann just relying on loyalty doesn't cut it.  In a league where we are vastly bigger and better supported than the majority of clubs we should be doing a great deal better.

It’s the bad times that make the good times good!!

“Though we sometimes go down we can aye go back up, ..”

H-E-A .... R-T-S!!

Getintaethem
On 25/03/2018 at 23:41, cmonthegorgie said:

I'm in the wheatfield section G.  Have never been a season ticket holder in the main stand

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

People who didnt have a season ticket last year have to wait till May i assume?

Yep.

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

People who didnt have a season ticket last year have to wait till May i assume?

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Yep.

General sale starts Thu 10 May 9am

letsalldothebeattie
14 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

This

13 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

You hit the nail on the head with the last statement.