Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

9 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Hardly having a dig. Numbers are down. We know the reasons. It was predictable and expected.Could have been worse and it’s not as bad as I thought it might be. We WILL make more at the gate this season, assuming the team perform better than last season. Walk ups are almost entirely performance related.

I disagree. Walk ups tend to be opposition related more than performance related. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Hardly having a dig. Numbers are down. We know the reasons. It was predictable and expected.Could have been worse and it’s not as bad as I thought it might be. We WILL make more at the gate this season, assuming the team perform better than last season. Walk ups are almost entirely performance related.

We are already in the territory of making more money than last season due to increased ST prices.

If we have a decent season we could make considerably more if not it still won't be less income than last year.

Harry Potter
31 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

I disagree. Walk ups tend to be opposition related more than performance related. 

Or cup final related, :mellow:

Escobar PHM
48 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

So if we're languishing in mid table or worse, Hearts fans are going to rock up in their numbers to see us thrashed by Celtic and if we're challenging near the top of the table folk will still stay away at the prospect of playing just Hamilton to continue that challenge. Nut, no having that.

Escobar PHM
49 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

We are already in the territory of making more money than last season due to increased ST prices.

If we have a decent season we could make considerably more if not it still won't be less income than last year.

Well yes we'll make more money in ST sales I think. Marginal but certainly more. The walk ups are the key to whether we take considerably more though.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Clerry Jambo
13 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Well yes we'll make more money in ST sales I think. Marginal but certainly more. The walk ups are the key to whether we take considerably more though.

Correct, as highlighted just last season with the empty seats including missing season ticket holders. Hearts can keep pumping out attendances which include season tickets sold but bums on seats tell you how well we are doing

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct, as highlighted just last season with the empty seats including missing season ticket holders. Hearts can keep pumping out attendances which include season tickets sold but bums on seats tell you how well we are doing

I'm a case in point on that score. Missed a few games at the latter end last season on my ST due to pure apathy. Havent renewed (although I may yet break and do it) so I'll be 'walking up' this season as long as its worth 'walking up' for.

22 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

So if we're languishing in mid table or worse, Hearts fans are going to rock up in their numbers to see us thrashed by Celtic and if we're challenging near the top of the table folk will still stay away at the prospect of playing just Hamilton to continue that challenge. Nut, no having that.

There will of course be exceptions hence why I said "tend". I think more people will tend to show up in numbers when we play the Celtics and Hibs matches rather than the Ross Countys and Paticks. Pretty sure the attendances last season back this up. 

7 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

I'm a case in point on that score. Missed a few games at the latter end last season on my ST due to pure apathy. Havent renewed (although I may yet break and do it) so I'll be 'walking up' this season as long as its worth 'walking up' for.

Now you have confirmed being a part time fan it’s puts all the negative rubbish you have posted into context. 

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, McCrae said:

Now you have confirmed being a part time fan it’s puts all the negative rubbish you have posted into context. 

I don't think you could describe my lifetime supporting Hearts as being 'part time' if you knew me, but you just crack on making assumptions anyway sonny.

Escobar PHM
10 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

There will of course be exceptions hence why I said "tend". I think more people will tend to show up in numbers when we play the Celtics and Hibs matches rather than the Ross Countys and Paticks. Pretty sure the attendances last season back this up. 

Possibly but you'd have to deduct the away fans from every game to see if that's true to any great extent

Never understood the term part time fan. The number of bodies that never miss a game home or away must number what? Several hundred tops. Therefore, nearly all of us must be part time fans.

Also, I'm confident that by the time we are done selling half season tickets in November we'll have sold a record amount.

10 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Still 1000 down on the total number of full ST’s last season going by the dot count. Even a loss if 500 would be significant IMO as we were actuallly looking to increase significantly according to the business plan. Still plenty time. Let’s re visit when final official numbers are announced 

Surprised Mrs Budge has given you a personal viewing of the business plan. Or are you a member of the Board? 

10 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

No they are not. Significant proportion are fans who work some/all weekends, don’t buy seasons and only go when they can. Tourists are another chunk especially Aug,Sept, Xmas. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Surprised Mrs Budge has given you a personal viewing of the business plan. Or are you a member of the Board? 

Given he's put more money in that Ann Budge, that's the least he deserves:laugh:

31 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I think part time is unfair.  Fair weather fan is the accurate description. Level 3 PHM if you like. ;).

Escobar PHM
20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ive heard her say many times that we plan to increase revenue through selling more seats. If you don't think that's the plan, what is the plan may I ask ?

Escobar PHM
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No they are not. Significant proportion are fans who work some/all weekends, don’t buy seasons and only go when they can. Tourists are another chunk especially Aug,Sept, Xmas. 

So you don't get more walk ups when you're doing well, as opposed to when your in the bottom half ? Jesus Christ some folk will take any ludicrous position just to have a dig at the poster. Don't be daft man !!

Edited by Escobar PHM

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ive heard her say many times that we plan to increase revenue through selling more seats. If you don't think that's the plan, what is the plan may I ask ?

Step 1. Steal underpants

Step 2. ???

Step 3. Profit!

5 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ive heard her say many times that we plan to increase revenue through selling more seats.

Absolutely correct.

25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not much of a "chunk" IMO - I do not believe many tourists come to Edinburgh with a visit to Tynecastle in their plans. 

scott herbertson
Just now, Thomaso said:

Not much of a "chunk" IMO - I do not believe many tourists come to Edinburgh with a visit to Tynecastle in their plans. 

I'd agree but there are also a lot of regular walk ups whose turning up isn't performance related. Of the 7 or 8 who come to the games I attend only three or 4 of us have STs I think

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

I'd agree but there are also a lot of regular walk ups whose turning up isn't performance related. Of the 7 or 8 who come to the games I attend only three or 4 of us have STs I think

Agree with that - just giving my opinion that attendance from 'tourists' is negligible.

Just now, Thomaso said:

Agree with that - just giving my opinion that attendance from 'tourists' is negligible.

But if Tynecastle is promoted, with fixtures advertised as folk arrive at Edinburgh Airport somewhere (billboard etc) then I reckon there'd be many more tourists eyeing a match.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

Havent renewed (although I may yet break and do it) so I'll be 'walking up' this season as long as its worth 'walking up' for.

Think I remember you posting you’ve had a season ticket for 35 years-ish. Genuine question: What’s been so bad in the past season (compared to some even worse seasons in the past 35 years) that’s made you now become a fair weather fan?

Edited by Frank1874

Escobar PHM
2 minutes ago, kila said:

But if Tynecastle is promoted, with fixtures advertised as folk arrive at Edinburgh Airport somewhere (billboard etc) then I reckon there'd be many more tourists eyeing a match.

The vast majority of tourists coming into the city are here for just a few days and working to an pre-planned itinerary. Taking a half day out of that or using what free time they have, isn't usually an option.

I think the tourist to Tynecastle market is minimal.

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yep - the tourist element is pretty small, though there are more football tourists coming it seems to me particularly from Germany Scandinavia.

I don't think the festival goer market is that big - it tends to be mostly from a different group to football fans or at least people who are up for a different experience for that period.

I think the club should look at how to encourage groups of fans of other European teams to come across like the Schalke fans did. - perhaps identify a few fixtures as packages then the Foundation/ Federation fo Supporters clubs could market these to fan groups  of other european clubs. In effect a stag weekend with football game, hospitality and stadium tour, history of hearts etc. 

The additional advantage is that these fans would hopefully spread the word about their experience. Most foreign fans who visit seem to think it's a great ground/ atmosphere/ fan experience

Edited by scott herbertson

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

The vast majority of tourists coming into the city are here for just a few days and working to an pre-planned itinerary. Taking a half day out of that or using what free time they have, isn't usually an option.

I think the tourist to Tynecastle market is minimal.

This

Yep - the tourist element is pretty small, though there are more football tourists coming it seems to me particularly from Germany Scandinavia.

I don't think the festival goer market is that big - it tends to be mostly from a different group to football fans or at least people who are up for a different experience for that period.

I think the club should look at how to encourage groups of fans of other European teams to come across like the Schalke fans did. - perhaps identify a few fixtures as packages then the Foundation/ Federation fo Supporters clubs could market these to fan groups  of other european clubs. In effect a stag weekend with football game, hospitality and stadium tour, history of hearts etc. 

Football tourism is on the up and up - Liverpool for instance has significant attenders from Skandinavia, and Barca and Real are also a popular attraction for tourists.

However that is for English Premiership and La Liga football - I just can't see the poor quality of Scottish football being an attraction to foreign visitors TBH.

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

Think I remember you posting you’ve had a season ticket for 35 years-ish. Genuine questions: What’s been so bad in the past season (compared to some even worse seasons in the past 35 years) that’s made you now become a fair weather fan?

Ive had a season ticket MOST seasons since the new stands were built and one was needed to be guaranteed entry. Missed a couple of years through working abroad. Last season was one of the worst IMO and certainly the most frustrating because we're in a position to exploit our half decent financial position. I'm getting old and less tolerant as well and looking forward, I don't see anything getting hugely better under Levein. The weather has nothing to do with it. I live 15 minutes from Tynecastle and the only thing that dictates whether I walk along or not, is how good or otherwise the experience its likely to be, compared increasingly to what else I could be doing. If we're not good enough or in a position to seriously challenge, lets at least make sure we're giving everything and getting in teams faces. I saw that once or twice last season if I'm lucky. No good enough to make me renew this year.

scott herbertson
Just now, Thomaso said:

Football tourism is on the up and up - Liverpool for instance has significant attenders from Skandinavia, and Barca and Real are also a popular attraction for tourists.

However that is for English Premiership and La Liga football - I just can't see the poor quality of Scottish football being an attraction to foreign visitors TBH.

I think it's a slightly different market I'm talking about - 'lads/stag weekends'  for football fans in effect, with the emphasis being on the visit to edinburgh, the football being a pivotal point.

Just now, Thomaso said:

You may well be right but it is surely worth exploring ? I would assume the club , without spending too much , will have access to marketing people who could advise on viability . There is a wide range of tourists visiting Edinburgh from stag parties to culture vultures .

Jambo, Goodbye

I think it's a slightly different market I'm talking about - 'lads/stag weekends'  for football fans in effect, with the emphasis being on the visit to edinburgh, the football being a pivotal point.

It's ridiculous how many stag do parties we get in Edinburgh. If there's a way to target them, we should definitely consider a stag package.  

How you make yourself known to potential best men,  might be a problem 

9 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Pished up Engurlund type fans then - don't think Ann wants them!

Edited by Thomaso

scott herbertson
2 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

It's ridiculous how many stag do parties we get in Edinburgh. If there's a way to target them, we should definitely consider a stag package.  

How you make yourself known to potential best men,  might be a problem 

I think that's where the connections with Northern European football team's fans might come in handy. As my brother lived for many years in Germany I have seen how his German mates behave - eg about 20 of them, Schalke fans came over for the World darts Championship a couple of years ago and I arranged for them a trip to an English football match (they wanted Chelsea but got Brentford, lol). There were a lot of links when we played Stuttgart as well. If we could exploit these I'm sure we could get some new groups coming across. 

scott herbertson
Just now, Thomaso said:

Pished up Engurlund fans then - don't think Ann wants them!

She's happy enough with just our own pished up lot then? :laugh:

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ive had a season ticket MOST seasons since the new stands were built and one was needed to be guaranteed entry. Missed a couple of years through working abroad. Last season was one of the worst IMO and certainly the most frustrating because we're in a position to exploit our half decent financial position. I'm getting old and less tolerant as well and looking forward, I don't see anything getting hugely better under Levein. The weather has nothing to do with it. I live 15 minutes from Tynecastle and the only thing that dictates whether I walk along or not, is how good or otherwise the experience its likely to be, compared increasingly to what else I could be doing. If we're not good enough or in a position to seriously challenge, lets at least make sure we're giving everything and getting in teams faces. I saw that once or twice last season if I'm lucky. No good enough to make me renew this year.

Fair enough mate. It’s a shame you feel that way but each to their own.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Your reasoning is all over the shot. 

You have seen worse seasons, yet choose this one to take some stance. 

You don't see things getting hugely better under CL- based on what? 

His previous record, all the new players? 

In teams faces - we done that in every home game. Every one. 

You say going to games is dictated by your experience, yet clearly that is not the case as we've hard far worse seasons. 

We also improved from under Cathro, so in a season where we improved, you've decided we are not what you want to see. 

You are coming across someone who wants to publicly justify not renewing. 

No one cares, go if you want or not. 

Most folk are renewing, some will not for various reasons. 

If we pick up, hopefully you can get along, if not, no need to worry as you won't be there anyway to see it. 

Hackney Hearts
20 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I don't think it's necessarily the quality of the football that matters - it could be much better or much worse than what you're used to to at home, it's just the new experience that's the attraction.

When I was a kid on family holidays in the Highlands, I remember going along to see Ross County in some pre-season friendlies (long before they were a league side). It wasn't the standard of football that made us go along (although one of those matches was against Man Utd!).

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

TBF,  he was just asked for an explanation.

Football tourism might be small at Hearts, but it's definitely worthy of consideration.

I can't imagine many Europeans being particularly interested. But we've all seen the parties of English couples in their 30/40/50s. Sitting around George Street on Saturday afternoon, the women surrounded by Harvey Nics bags and enjoying tenner cocktails. The blokes looking bored shitless. Bet they'd rather be at a game and meeting back at half five in town. There's thousands of them.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

TBF,  he was just asked for an explanation.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip, and gave it.

Fair doos. 

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, pablo said:

But we've all seen the parties of English couples in their 30/40/50s. Sitting around George Street on Saturday afternoon, the women surrounded by Harvey Nics bags and enjoying tenner cocktails. The blokes looking bored shitless. Bet they'd rather be at a game and meeting back at half five in town. There's thousands of them.

Maybe Hearts could do a deal with Harvey Nics? £10 shopping voucher with every match ticket purchased. :cocktail:

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Maybe Hearts could do a deal with Harvey Nics? £10 shopping voucher with every match ticket purchased. :cocktail:

Like it!

The tourist element maybe small but it does exist. Last year alone I spoke Spanish, American and a fair few English guys who all decided to come and experience a football game.

I used to work in tourism and Edinburgh is one of the top destinations for people in the world. It is a much loved city. People are always looking for new things to do and the museum and stadium tours can tap into that.

Yes it will never make the club millions but the tourism market is there.

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

The tourist element maybe small but it does exist. Last year alone I spoke Spanish, American and a fair few English guys who all decided to come and experience a football game.

I used to work in tourism and Edinburgh is one of the top destinations for people in the world. It is a much loved city. People are always looking for new things to do and the museum and stadium tours can tap into that.

Yes it will never make the club millions but the tourism market is there.

There's usually tourists behind goal in school end stand for games

The_razors_edge
38 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I don't think it's necessarily the quality of the football that matters - it could be much better or much worse than what you're used to to at home, it's just the new experience that's the attraction.

When I was a kid on family holidays in the Highlands, I remember going along to see Ross County in some pre-season friendlies (long before they were a league side). It wasn't the standard of football that made us go along (although one of those matches was against Man Utd!).

Likewise I’ve been to Cambridge v Wrexham, Chesterfield v Crewe, 2 top flight Bulgarian matches and RCD Mallorca back in April. For the most part the football was dross but for me it’s just about a new experience, different stadiums, different players etc. 

As for watching Hearts, the match day experience, quality of the football etc never came in to my thinking. I’m just a Hearts supporter who wants to watch his team. 

Escobar PHM
39 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Most folk are renewing, some will not for various reasons. 

If we pick up, hopefully you can get along, if not, no need to worry as you won't be there anyway to see it. 

On the contrary I don't HAVE to justify myself to the likes of you. I was asked a question, I answered it. What it has to do with you I don't know but then you've a habit of busting in to other folks conversations and painting everything a nice rosy colour to make yourself feel good.

So what if I don't renew. So what if stop going altogether. What the feck has it got to do with an complete arsehole like you ???