Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

28 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

We need better IT guys then because in my job I can easily block out chancers and it takes very little work.  Ann Budge allows this given her background? :lol: 

Surely the steward guys when when you go through can see people aren’t pensioners or children though? 

27 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Not in my experience. We've certainly had to produce ID before tickets were issued.

26 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

My dad defo had to show ID when he got his first OAP season ticket

I've seen people stroll through matches with childs tickets many times.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Think it’s maybe different on match day. Lots offf folk use season tickets that aren’t being used by the buyer etc. too 

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

How have you seen their tickets?

Just now, VladMagic said:

How have you seen their tickets?

The lights above the new main stand turnstyles flash different colours depending on the ticket scanned.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

The lights above the new main stand turnstyles flash different colours depending on the ticket scanned.

How very observant of you. 

oilrig jambo
34 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

My dad defo had to show ID when he got his first OAP season ticket

so did I in 2009 when I became 65 I had to show proof  (passport)  it must go on the data base as I've never been asked since

Just now, VladMagic said:

Assuming you are queuing then the opportunity to see said lights must be "minimal"?

Aye you are right mate. I'm probably just making it up.

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That's a different issue. The use of concession tickets by adults isn't impossible to tackle though. Spot checks would hopefully  help to deter the practice. I still hope it isn't widespread in our support though.  Hearts fans have been unequaled in their financial support for the club.

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

That's a different issue. The use of concession tickets by adults isn't impossible to tackle though. Spot checks would hopefully  help to deter the practice. I still hope it isn't widespread in our support though.  Hearts fans have been unequaled in their financial support for the club.

It's the same issue. How are the concession tickets being bought?

14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Aye you are right mate. I'm probably just making it up.

I didn't say that did I?

Why you so defensive on the subject? You one being caught out?

Sorry :)

scott herbertson
11 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Can be genuine child/ student tickets eg for an evening when it’s too late for them and a friend of the adult ST holder gives it to another adult to use that night only. Adult tickets often used by kids too. The latter doesn’t affect income I guess, but neither is permissible under the Ts and Cs

No, the original issue was the ability to purchase concession tickets without ID checks.  Hearts definitely check this for first time purchases - or at least always have with our group (that's been kids, teens and students in our party).The use of an already bought / ID'd concession ticket may have the same end result if, for instance, an adult uses a child ticket for every game. Or it may have a limited impact if it's used as a one-off - a kid got sick and adult used the ticket but didn't bother to upgrade it. I don't think we can know which of these would be the case for the concession tickets that you've seen used by adults, although even the one off use like this would be disappointing.

One aspect that may have made this second scenario more likely though is with the ticket office closing so early whilst it was under the Wheatfield. Last minute changes - a sick kid for instance - may not leave time to upgrade the ticket before the office closed at 1.30pm or whatever it was.  There should be no excuses this season with the ticket office now relocated to the main stand.

3 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

I didn't say that did I?

Why you so defensive on the subject? You one being caught out?

Sorry :)

On the contrary, I'd argue that you appear to want to really know the fine, exact details of how I enter Tynecastle :lol:

Edited by hughesie27

On the contrary, I'd argue that you appear to really know the fine, exact details of how I enter Tynecastle :lol:

Through the main stand ;)

3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

If i do or don't does it make a difference? 

Hearts should be implementing a a simple system which checks to make sure people buying ST's are eligible for whatever category they want to buy.

They were tightening up on this as last season progressed. 

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

On the contrary, I'd argue that you appear to want to really know the fine, exact details of how I enter Tynecastle :lol:

A fine edit Sir!! 

25 minutes ago, JALBO said:

They were doing spot checks last season. I know a couple of folk who were refused entry for trying  to use concessions. To be fair to them it was mostly inadvertantly using the wrong tickets. 

Hughesie27. Why did you edit your post from, an accusation made at me of not knowing the entering procedure into Tynecastle (which I replied to) too "On the contrary, I'd argue that you appear to want to really know the fine, exact details of how I enter Tynecastle" smiley face?

Just wondering?

Jambo, Goodbye
6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Do you personally know people who does it?

I knew one who did it for years. 

I always got lifted over the turnstiles when I was a bairn. My Dad never paid a penny for me.

Killing the club from a young age.

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I always got lifted over the turnstiles when I was a bairn. My Dad never paid a penny for me.

Killing the club from a young age.

My granddad did that for me in the 60s - killing the club for generations!

jamtartan74

Had to give proof of my nieces age  before they would issue her season ticket couple of years back, same with my sister who was on esa a couple of year back had to give proof of that, so it’s not that easy to con the club as some are saying. 

3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

My granddad did that for me in the 60s - killing the club for generations!

I remember going to Ibrox with my dad on a Wednesday night.  The turnstile operator said very directly to him that he wasn't paying for me even although he clearly supported the wrong club.  I was duly lifted over the turnstile.

70,000 attendance that night.  No segregation and no ugliness on the terracing, possibly because Rangers were well on top and ultimately won 3-0.

I remember very distinctly thinking that Smith and Bauld were slow and past it.  It may of course be that the others weren't up to it.

Sort of marked the beginning of the end for me as far as us being top dogs was concerned.

On 17/07/2018 at 11:15, Thomaso said:

Pished up Stag goers read airline mags????    :beer::cocktail::goofy2:

I remember a few  years back Qantas used to help market rugby league and oz rules and was quite successful.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I remember a few  years back Qantas used to help market rugby league and oz rules and was quite successful.

Should be targeting hen parties with this new, sexy looking side we have?

Punks No Deid

Got a season ticket for my disabled mate a couple of years ago & he had to provide proof. Keith Ferguson who at the time was secretary of Hearts Disabled Supporters Club and now works as disability access officer for Hearts also mentioned that if receiving ESA he would be eligible for a reduction in cost. Again he had to provide proof that this was the case. 

I was a student during the Romanov era and had a student season ticket for four years.  Not once in the entire time was I asked for proof of being a student (not when buying the season ticket or on the gate at any match).

Hopefully things have changed since then.

40 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

I was a student during the Romanov era and had a student season ticket for four years.  Not once in the entire time was I asked for proof of being a student (not when buying the season ticket or on the gate at any match).

I'm sure they have.

I was in the shop last year buying my ST and there was a student in front of me who was starting Uni in September.

He hadn't yet received his matriculation card and he was told he couldn't purchase his ticket until he produced his card.

4 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

I specifialy remember folk bragging about having a student ST for ten years. 

Doing your own club out of money?

Wankers. 

scott herbertson
24 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

8 today

Should be able to get a child ST easily then....

Clerry Jambo
32 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Happy birthday mate. Hope you have a great day!

That was Tuesday but cheers!

19 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Hughesie27. Why did you edit your post from, an accusation made at me of not knowing the entering procedure into Tynecastle (which I replied to) too "On the contrary, I'd argue that you appear to want to really know the fine, exact details of how I enter Tynecastle" smiley face?

Just wondering?

Don't expect a response. He is notorious for doing similar and will likely deny it even happened. Best put on ignore.

...a bit disco
Just now, Frank1874 said:

22 today I reckon ??

Only 5 after the loyalty point fiasco, I reckon.

Pants Shaton
4 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

I specifialy remember folk bragging about having a student ST for ten years. 

Doing your own club out of money?

Wankers. 

No doubt the same ******s who’d be greeting if they didn’t get a cup final ticket.

21 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

21 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Through the main stand ;)

20 hours ago, VladMagic said:

A fine edit Sir!! 

20 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Just wondering?

Typing my username into a random post isn't the best way to get someone's attention. A quote would do the job.

Second of all I edited my post before/at the exact same time as when you replied to the unedited post. There was no weird trickery going on. 

My original edit left out the words "want to". I added that.

The original post wouldn't have made much sense if I never edited it.

Hope that dampens your paranoid state.

Edited by hughesie27

scott herbertson
52 minutes ago, Robbie1902 said:

Is there a deadline to buy a season ticket ?

Not until a few games into the season I expect but as soon as they start selling celtic tickets then clearly your options will be limited - so my guess would be from  the end of this month if you want a ST to include the Celtic game,, unless you are willing to take the worse seats all season