Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

23 hours ago, Smithee said:

Both hibs and hearts have shots at this kind of thing every few years, it always falls on it's arse. 

At the end of the day, if you're the type to take in a game on your holidays, you'll already know what teams are in the city you're visiting and what games are on while you're there. The time, effort and cost that we'd have to go into to advertise to a non hearts audience just won't bring in the results needed to make it worthwhile.

Let's not forget too, Scottish football is likely be shitter than what these guys experience at home, we're generally not a huge draw to anyone but hearts fans. 

It's mainly the long weekenders i was looking at targeting and you'll find the travel agent will do most of the advertising 

with the Hotel chain and Hearts having an ad on their web site. Apart from category A games i'd make about 50 seats 

at the top of Section H or J available to begin with then again as the tickets go on sale if more Hearts fans are needing

these seats available to visitors would decrease just like down south. As an example the seats 6 of us got down at 

Old Trafford  were in the gods at the corner and quite a climb. Anyway all the details would be easy peasy for a Travel 

Company / Hotel chain to sort out and when you think of it Hearts really only have to sell the tickets.

Edited by mitch41

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

8 today

Just remember I'm away until late evening and so won't be able to confirm your incorrect prediction til very late evening (unless Footballfirst gets a count in before me).

Your 8 is the number we'll need to take off the count to adjust for my incorrect seating availability in the Roseburn though - so you'll maybe get a result after all!

14 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

It's mainly the long weekenders i was looking at targeting and you'll find the travel agent will do most of the advertising 

with the Hotel chain and Hearts having an ad on their web site. Apart from category A games i'd make about 50 seats 

at the top of Section H or J available to begin with then again as the tickets go on sale if more Hearts fans are needing

these seats available to visitors would decrease just like down south. As an example the seats 6 of us got down at 

Old Trafford  were in the gods at the corner and quite a climb. Anyway all the details would be easy peasy for a Travel 

Company / Hotel chain to sort out and when you think of it Hearts really only have to sell the tickets.

Mir kind of makes me think that Edinburgh is missing a trick. When I was in Salou last year there was wee shops all over the place where you could book up loads of different trips. 

They had a fantastic day trip to Barcelona which included the stadium tour. This was also a bargain at only 30 euros. 

All we seem to have is the tour buses on Waverley bridge. 

Even if Hearts got a wee booth up there during the summer/festival we could sell the stadium tour and match tickets. 

1 hour ago, millano77 said:

Mir kind of makes me think that Edinburgh is missing a trick. When I was in Salou last year there was wee shops all over the place where you could book up loads of different trips. 

They had a fantastic day trip to Barcelona which included the stadium tour. This was also a bargain at only 30 euros. 

All we seem to have is the tour buses on Waverley bridge. 

Even if Hearts got a wee booth up there during the summer/festival we could sell the stadium tour and match tickets. 

Some how I just don't think tourists will be drawn to Tynecastle in the same way as they are drawn to the world famous Nou Camp!

Hackney Hearts
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Some how I just don't think tourists will be drawn to Tynecastle in the same way as they are drawn to the world famous Nou Camp!

Does it have a spectacular curved glass facade?  I think not.

7 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Does it have a spectacular curved glass facade?  I think not.

It does actually.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, lou said:

Does anyone know when the deadline for buying is?

Presumably any time before the first home league game. 

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It does actually.

Nowhere near as stunning as Tynecastle.

And yes, it may have the corners filled in - but most of it doesn't even have a roof, FFS.

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, lou said:

Does anyone know when the deadline for buying is?

No but going by previous years they will take the online option away as soon as they start selling the single tickets for the Celtic game, probably about 10 days before it so in a couple of weeks time. After that you'd get them from the shop as you would need to choose a seat where the Celtic ticket isn't sold. When the tic game sells out, as it will, then your ST would only cover the other games.

15 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Nowhere near as stunning as Tynecastle.

And yes, it may have the corners filled in - but most of it doesn't even have a roof, FFS.

:thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

No I agree with you there but I know a few folk that do actually travel and want to see the stadiums in the city that they are in. Or is that just me lol. 

I did email Hearts after posting and they replied to say that they are already planning on doing this. 

23 hours ago, Section Q said:

A well placed ad in airline mags wouldn't hurt.

Aye. Certainly worth a bash, you'd think. 

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

How dare you. How very dare you. I've never ever been so insulted in my life. 

I love Catherine Tate.

Bazzas right boot

We need a new song

We hate the botanical gardens.. 

We hate Easter Road too- that's shite! 

We hate Edinburgh Caaaastle..but 

Tynecastle we love you. 

Before you know it, tourist, will know Tynecastle is the main attraction in Edinburgh. 

Then again football is the best game in the world. Football fans on holiday go to the odd game if they can. I have been to Torquay Utd, Blackpool, Darlington, Newcastle (Whitley Bay), Peterbourgh ect on holiday when i was younger and loved going to a game. You don't have to be a Barca to have fans of football on either holiday or weekend breaks wanting to take in a game. When the ground is finished completly, which going by my information could be by the end of the year, Ann Budge will be spending more money for the season 19/20 on promoting the Hearts brand. 

Think big become a real force in Scottish football and remember this costs Hearts next to nothing.

14 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

We need a new song

We hate the botanical gardens.. 

We hate Easter Road too- that's shite! 

We hate Edinburgh Caaaastle..but 

Tynecastle we love you. 

Before you know it, tourist, will know Tynecastle is the main attraction in Edinburgh. 

And who's going to listen to you singing ?

Edited by mitch41

3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

No but going by previous years they will take the online option away as soon as they start selling the single tickets for the Celtic game, probably about 10 days before it so in a couple of weeks time. After that you'd get them from the shop as you would need to choose a seat where the Celtic ticket isn't sold. When the tic game sells out, as it will, then your ST would only cover the other games.

Thanks, I have been waiting on confirmation of whether my son's youth team will be playing a Saturday or Sunday, might just bite the bullet and hope for the best

scott herbertson
12 minutes ago, lou said:

Thanks, I have been waiting on confirmation of whether my son's youth team will be playing a Saturday or Sunday, might just bite the bullet and hope for the best

Go on, you know it makes sense*

*edit - there should have be a 'no' before sense

Edited by scott herbertson

17 minutes ago, His name is said:

Is this about right? Seen it on twitter 

Screenshot_20180717-184812.png

I’ll be honest I don’t have a clue if those figures are correct, but what I can say is that history shows us that @AgentScotland usually knows the square root of **** all with regards to what’s goin on out there. 

Footballfirst
On 7/16/2018 at 17:24, JALBO said:

Count today at 5pm. 

Wheatfield   -      935

Roseburn     -    1176

Main             -      612

Gorgie          -      470

Total             -    3193

Wheatfield   -      929

Roseburn     -    1178

Main             -      604

Gorgie          -      465

Total             -    3176

Estimated 12,758 sold

17 sold since your count yesterday (but 23 from my own count)

Edited by Footballfirst

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

And who's going to listen to you singing ?

Got a show at the festival. 

It's called" I have a hunch ". 

Although, If you're coming along and fancy a munch, bring your lunch and you'll enjoy the show" I have a hunch". 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, His name is said:

Is this about right? Seen it on twitter 

Screenshot_20180717-184812.png

Hibs fans will be rubbing their sisters tickly bits at that news. 

I think we'll outsell them, still?

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Hibs fans will be rubbing their sisters thickly bits at that news. 

I think we'll outsell them, still?

I can think of at least one poster on here who will be rubbing himself up at the prospect. I still think we can outsell them though.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I can think of at least one poster on here who will be rubbing himself up at the prospect. I still think we can outsell them though.

Probably won't see him, he'll be painting the ceiling at the thought tonight. 

39 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Wheatfield   -      929

Roseburn     -    1178

Main             -      604

Gorgie          -      465

Total             -    3176

Estimated 12,758 sold

17 sold since your count yesterday (but 23 from my own count)

Excellent work ff!

That's what happens when the product on the pitch is boring crap. 

Had we not gone backwards for the past 2 seasons, and really kicked on, we would be selling 15k by now.

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Excellent work ff!

Great minds think alike -

I thought "ffs, that's excellent!"

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Had we not gone backwards for the past 2 seasons, and really kicked on, we would be selling 15k by now.

If we hadn't been up and down for the last 130 odd years, won more titles and cups, we could have been selling 70k by now. 

Saint Jambo
4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Oh good, just when this thread was getting stale along comes a poster with a fresh new perspective. ;)

6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

This attitude baffles me. It’s like a boy fallin out with his missus, only to then make up and they both look towards a brighter future...except the boy keeps harkin on about the past. “Aye hen, I’m happy we’ve had this new start together, and I’m looking forward to better times n aw that but ah’m just sayin...can we take a minute just to drag up that shite spell we had a wee while back?”  

Onwards and upwards as far as I’m concerned like. Could things have been better last year? Aye. Any point in dwelling on it now though? Naw. 

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

This attitude baffles me. It’s like a boy fallin out with his missus, only to then make up and they both look towards a brighter future...except the boy keeps harkin on about the past. “Aye hen, I’m happy we’ve had this new start together, and I’m looking forward to better times n aw that but ah’m just sayin...can we take a minute just to drag up that shite spell we had a wee while back?”  

Onwards and upwards as far as I’m concerned like. Could things have been better last year? Aye. Any point in dwelling on it now though? Naw. 

Mr Sifter, bravo!! 

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Great analogy

16 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

What if the fall oot was to do with her cooking ?

Now, there's an analogy !

kingantti1874
35 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Aye that ****ing levein.. it's totally his fault (even though we lost one game at tynecastle) that we didn't sell a record amount of season tickets whilst financially hamstrung by paying for s new stand. 

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Naw there's a divorce petition from her to you.

25 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Exactly. Or just b*gger off and let the other 14000 enjoy the time with his missus instead. 

Hackney Hearts
21 minutes ago, Boab said:

It wasn't her cooking as such - it was the ingredients. 

30 minutes ago, Boab said:

Im no even goin there Boab ?

Just now, Mr Sifter said:

Im no even goin there Boab ?

We've started a cooking analogy, mate. It could run.....like a bad curry !

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

This thread is descending fast

I think it's reached the bottom already, TBH   

:sad:

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Can we have the negative guys back please?

Boo. Levein oot. He even brought on a defender when we were beating Celtic 4 nil. 

11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I agree

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

:cornette_dog:

I agree

9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Nae idea what you mean.

Liar ?

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

A negative guy you say.... There you go-

:clyay:

A negative, I’ll give you a negative.

I just saw the League Cup Table and we are only third, not even in a qualification place. Levein can GTF!!

620AA51C-8785-4163-A5FA-764E2DD67578.png

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

If I had wheels I’d be a wagon