Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
50 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Your reasoning is all over the shot. 

You have seen worse seasons, yet choose this one to take some stance. 

You don't see things getting hugely better under CL- based on what? 

His previous record, all the new players? 

In teams faces - we done that in every home game. Every one. 

You say going to games is dictated by your experience, yet clearly that is not the case as we've hard far worse seasons. 

We also improved from under Cathro, so in a season where we improved, you've decided we are not what you want to see. 

You are coming across someone who wants to publicly justify not renewing. 

No one cares, go if you want or not. 

Most folk are renewing, some will not for various reasons. 

If we pick up, hopefully you can get along, if not, no need to worry as you won't be there anyway to see it. 

You clearly do.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

The tourist element maybe small but it does exist. Last year alone I spoke Spanish, American and a fair few English guys who all decided to come and experience a football game.

I used to work in tourism and Edinburgh is one of the top destinations for people in the world. It is a much loved city. People are always looking for new things to do and the museum and stadium tours can tap into that.

Yes it will never make the club millions but the tourism market is there.

I've went on about this a few times. Me and some mates have been down to the likes of Liverpool Manchester Leeds ect with travel companies who put together a package of Hotel & Match Tickets. We've done stadium tours as well. Thomas Cook are right into these deals. Hearts should be looking to push this in partnership with a Hotel chain.

Fxxx the SPFL
18 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Likewise I’ve been to Cambridge v Wrexham, Chesterfield v Crewe, 2 top flight Bulgarian matches and RCD Mallorca back in April. For the most part the football was dross but for me it’s just about a new experience, different stadiums, different players etc. 

As for watching Hearts, the match day experience, quality of the football etc never came in to my thinking. I’m just a Hearts supporter who wants to watch his team. 

Likewise iv'e dragged the missus along to Liverpool, Port Vale and Everton games and when in Scarborough i took in a one day cricket international, Boston Bruins Ice hockey match and a Toronto Blue jays baseball game we're always on the lookout for either football or different sporting events. So yes i think there would always be some tourists willing to go. Whether they enjoy the experience or not is a different matter.

Edited by Ray has bus pass hooray
spelling

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I've went on about this a few times. Me and some mates have been down to the likes of Liverpool Manchester Leeds ect with travel companies who put together a package of Hotel & Match Tickets. We've done stadium tours as well. Thomas Cook are right into these deals. Hearts should be looking to push this in partnership with a Hotel

Package including stadium tour , museum , shop discount , pie and pint etc . Hotel chains , airbnb , guest houses

Edited by johnthomas

3 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Package including stadium tour , museum , shop discount , pie and pint etc . Hotel chains , airbnb , guest houses

No idea how I managed to put line through the above . Anyway you get my drift

Unknown user
1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

You may well be right but it is surely worth exploring ? I would assume the club , without spending too much , will have access to marketing people who could advise on viability . There is a wide range of tourists visiting Edinburgh from stag parties to culture vultures .

Both hibs and hearts have shots at this kind of thing every few years, it always falls on it's arse. 

At the end of the day, if you're the type to take in a game on your holidays, you'll already know what teams are in the city you're visiting and what games are on while you're there. The time, effort and cost that we'd have to go into to advertise to a non hearts audience just won't bring in the results needed to make it worthwhile.

Let's not forget too, Scottish football is likely be shitter than what these guys experience at home, we're generally not a huge draw to anyone but hearts fans. 

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I don't think it's necessarily the quality of the football that matters - it could be much better or much worse than what you're used to to at home, it's just the new experience that's the attraction.

When I was a kid on family holidays in the Highlands, I remember going along to see Ross County in some pre-season friendlies (long before they were a league side). It wasn't the standard of football that made us go along (although one of those matches was against Man Utd!).

I can understand wanting to go to any football match when on holiday in the Highlands - you can only take so much mountains, heather and midges!!   

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Both hibs and hearts have shots at this kind of thing every few years, it always falls on it's arse. 

At the end of the day, if you're the type to take in a game on your holidays, you'll already know what teams are in the city you're visiting and what games are on while you're there. The time, effort and cost that we'd have to go into to advertise to a non hearts audience just won't bring in the results needed to make it worthwhile.

Let's not forget too, Scottish football is likely be shitter than what these guys experience at home, we're generally not a huge draw to anyone but hearts fans. 

I'd agree with this.

There is definitely a market for both Hearts and Hibs to pick up stag crowds when there is a game on.  I'm off to Manchester to see a gig later this year and trying to line up Man City tickets for the next day, as they are at home.

How you market this, I don't know but lads on these kind of weekends generally do a bit of research to find out what is on.

You really aren't going to pick up much from the festival crowd, nor will you get many families looking to take in a football match.

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You really aren't going to pick up much from the festival crowd

Not sure if you mean performers or audience, but a high percentage of comedians/actors are into football and all the ones I know have been to at least one Hearts or Hibs match, if not several.

(Unless you mean official Festival, rather than Fringe - in which case you might have a point...)

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Not sure if you mean performers or audience, but a high percentage of comedians/actors are into football and all the ones I know have been to at least one Hearts or Hibs match, if not several.

(Unless you mean official Festival, rather than Fringe - in which case you might have a point...)

I was generally meaning the luvvies who invade the city for the month of August.  Not your football-loving crowd.

However, if we put a Fringe Venue number on Tynecastle we could sell our all our August games...

:wonga:

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I was generally meaning the luvvies who invade the city for the month of August.  Not your football-loving crowd.

However, if we put a Fringe Venue number on Tynecastle we could sell our all our August games...

:wonga:

We'd need to decide if we advertise our Fringe shows (games) as comedy, drama, or musicals....... 

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

We'd need to decide if we advertise our Fringe shows (games) as comedy, drama, or musicals....... 

Or sometimes Tragedies.

:sob:

Escobar PHM
5 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Clearly it'd be Stand Up ( if you hate Hibees)

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, kila said:

But if Tynecastle is promoted, with fixtures advertised as folk arrive at Edinburgh Airport somewhere (billboard etc) then I reckon there'd be many more tourists eyeing a match.

Probably about two per game, if we were lucky.  

I predict ..... that soon ..... the club will announce;

that season ticket sales are over 13,000,

and they are pleased with the rate of sale and are confident that last years record sales could be surpassed!!

FarmerTweedy
11 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Probably about two per game, if we were lucky.  

Just to be clear, I'm not saying we'd only ever get about two tourists in total at any game, just that that's what promoting fixtures at the airport would be likely to yield.  You're simply not going to get many folk getting off planes at the airport, seeing a sign advertising forthcoming fixtures, and deciding to change their plans to go to a game. 

Tourists that will come to games are almost certainly going to mainly be folk who have planned it into their trip to Edinburgh well in advance of getting here.  One thing that might help on that front would be having a range of foreign language pages on the club website, giving a bit of info on the club's history, as well as instructions on how to check for upcoming fixtures and buy tickets for games.

3 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I think it's a slightly different market I'm talking about - 'lads/stag weekends'  for football fans in effect, with the emphasis being on the visit to edinburgh, the football being a pivotal point.

Totally agree with this. I've been to a couple of stag weekends where we've taken in a match and one was a third division game in Germany. Edinburgh is a fairly popular stag destination so selling a match at Tynecastle as part of the weekend is definitely feasible. 

59 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I predict ..... that soon ..... the club will announce;

that season ticket sales are over 13,000,

and they are pleased with the rate of sale and are confident that last years record sales could be surpassed!!

Hopefully they're carefully watching the kickback dot count so they know when to make the announcement.

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Hopefully they're carefully watching the kickback dot count so they know when to make the announcement.

you'll be on the Hearts payroll next. (if not already lol)

scott herbertson

13 today

18 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Talking of which

clock.jpg

9 hours ago, Strachsuit said:

Totally agree with this. I've been to a couple of stag weekends where we've taken in a match and one was a third division game in Germany. Edinburgh is a fairly popular stag destination so selling a match at Tynecastle as part of the weekend is definitely feasible. 

A well placed ad in airline mags wouldn't hurt.

Rabbie_Burns
4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

13 today

Talking of which

clock.jpg

Darn it, 5mins late for the start of Crackerjack ?

5 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

So you don't get more walk ups when you're doing well, as opposed to when your in the bottom half ? Jesus Christ some folk will take any ludicrous position just to have a dig at the poster. Don't be daft man !!

Who is the daft one? You said walk-ups are almost entirely performance driven. I was pointing that in my opinion they are not. I never said you don’t get more walk-ups when you are doing well but there are lots of drivers for walk-ups. One of the biggest factors in income generation is how many away fans (all walk-ups) attend games and the resultant loss of capacity due to segregation. 

scott herbertson
44 minutes ago, Rabbie_Burns said:

Darn it, 5mins late for the start of Crackerjack ?

A former President of London Hearts started his career on that show - not a lot of people know that!

crackerjack.jpg

5 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I think it's a slightly different market I'm talking about - 'lads/stag weekends'  for football fans in effect, with the emphasis being on the visit to edinburgh, the football being a pivotal point.

Correct. Football tourism is a growth business at the moment. Lot of our fellow jkbers regularly mention going to games in England or abroad. 

jamtartan74
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Correct. Football tourism is a growth business at the moment. Lot of our fellow jkbers regularly mention going to games in England or abroad. 

15 or 51 or 19 or 5 or 12

scott herbertson
18 minutes ago, RENE said:

Walk away Rene..

That's already taken

Edited by scott herbertson

Fxxx the SPFL
50 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

15 or 51 or 19 or 5 or 12

Or any number between 5 and 51

Count today at 5pm. 

Wheatfield   -      935

Roseburn     -    1176

Main             -      612

Gorgie          -      470

Total             -    3193

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, 12,741 sold (+10 from yesterday's figure).

No winners today. :P 

PS. Your patience will be tested tomorrow....I'm away til late evening, so it'll be getting on for midnight before I get a count done. I expect untold harrasment in true kickback fashion.

Edited by JALBO
PS.

1 minute ago, JALBO said:

Count today at 5pm. 

Wheatfield   -      935

Roseburn     -    1176

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, 12,741 sold (+10 from yesterday's figure).

No winners today. :P 

It’s creeping upwards! +10 must be good for a Sunday, it will soon be 13,000+

Footballfirst
8 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Wheatfield   -      935

Roseburn     -    1176

My counts are invariably the same or one or two out for three of the stands which is fine. However, for the Roseburn, I tend to have a consistent difference of eight to ten more (I've got 1,184 this time).

I don't know if you count the blue or the grey dots in H & J, but the capacities are 762 and 718 respectively.

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

My counts are invariably the same or one or two out for three of the stands which is fine. However, for the Roseburn, I tend to have a consistent difference of eight to ten more (I've got 1,184 this time).

I don't know if you count the blue or the grey dots in H & J, but the capacities are 762 and 718 respectively.

Thanks Footballfirst. For the Roseburn, I count the greys and deduct them from the overall - I had thought I'd used the original section totals that you had given, but I'll adjust accordingly. We may as well be as accurate as we can.

Do you fancy popping the count through tomorrow or take over for a bit? I'd welcome a holiday........ :) 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

A former President of London Hearts started his career on that show - not a lot of people know that!

crackerjack.jpg

Eammon Andrews was a Jambo!!!!!

Footballfirst
20 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Thanks Footballfirst. For the Roseburn, I count the greys and deduct them from the overall - I had thought I'd used the original section totals that you had given, but I'll adjust accordingly. We may as well be as accurate as we can.

Do you fancy popping the count through tomorrow or take over for a bit? I'd welcome a holiday........ :) 

My last "grey" counts were 130 for H and 166 for J.

I'm happy to do some more counts but can't guarantee daily counts or at the same time.

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

My last "grey" counts were 130 for H and 166 for J.

I'm happy to do some more counts but can't guarantee daily counts or at the same time.

Same figures. :)

Just see how you go. Cheers!

Rabbie_Burns
17 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

crackerjack.jpg

Nice one Scott ?

19 hours ago, Section Q said:

A well placed ad in airline mags wouldn't hurt.

Pished up Stag goers read airline mags????    :beer::cocktail::goofy2:

16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Pished up Stag goers read airline mags????    :beer::cocktail::goofy2:

:lol: 

Get an advert on the free Wi-fi part of the airport and spam all the tourist emails when they register. 

Edited by Juanjo15