Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Apologies for not answering before. No i have not renewed but have had a season ticket for the best part of 35 years.

where for?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I was scrolling down with your +11 prediction firmly fixed in my head.

Hit Jalbo's post, saw the plus 30 and let out an audible "ooft" on the bus. Great effort.

Don't want to put too much stock into preseason wins over shite teams, but it's not a stretch to suggest the wins, quality of goals scored and good performances from all the new boys over the weekend may have had a wee bit of an effect today.

A good lc might see a wee boost as well. 

Enzo Chiefo
21 minutes ago, geomac said:

where for?

The Ground..not sure if you realise that was how we referred to the terracing back in the day...then the Wheatfield, the Old Stand and then the new Main Stand.

By the way, a couple of diddy posters misinterpreted your question, one of whom would need a pond hopper followed by a space (cadet) hopper to get anywhere near Tynie.

Bridge of Djoum
13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The Ground..not sure if you realise that was how we referred to the terracing back in the day...then the Wheatfield, the Old Stand and then the new Main Stand.

By the way, a couple of diddy posters misinterpreted your question, one of whom would need a pond hopper followed by a space (cadet) hopper to get anywhere near Tynie.

What a pathetic attempt at a dig. 

Hopeless, mate.

What part of ''the ground'' was your 35 year ST in? And your seats? Which section? Any details?

Edited by New York Fleapit

been here before

Ive never heard anyone refer to the old terracing as being "the ground".

Depending on who you spoke to there was the home end/McLeod Street/school end, The Shed (front or back) The (Shed) benches, and the away end/Gorgie End, The Enclosure and then The Stand.

But never "the ground".

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

What a pathetic attempt at a dig. 

Hopeless, mate.

What part of ''the ground'' was your 35 year ST in? And your seats? Which section? Any details?

Sticking a picture of a Hibby up isnt "a pathetic attempt at a dig" ?? If you want to act the smart arse mate, you need to accept people having a dig back at you. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Depending on who you spoke to there was the home end/McLeod Street/school end, The Shed (front or back) The (Shed) benches, and the away end/Gorgie End, The Enclosure and then The Stand.

But never "the ground".

It doesnt matter whether you've heard folk referring to it or not. All the signage at the stadium, the pricing and the ST books referred to the "Ground". 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sticking a picture of a Hibby up isnt "a pathetic attempt at a dig" ?? If you want to act the smart arse mate, you need to accept people having a dig back at you. 

Son, I've been at more games, traveled more miles and spent more money than I care to remember in following Hearts. Attempting a dig at me for living in NY and not being able to attend is indeed, pathetic.

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, New York Fleapit said:

Son, I've been at more games, traveled more miles and spent more money than I care to remember in following Hearts. Attempting a dig at me for living in NY and not being able to attend is indeed, pathetic.

As is sticking up a picture of a Hibby in a lazy, unadulterated attempt at cheap laughs from your mates. Don't play the victim card son, you won't get much sympathy on this board. 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

you don't come across well, if you are a Hearts fan maybe you should be a bit more respectful? Instead  of being a complete ignorant fool, if you want to be ignorant.......

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

As is sticking up a picture of a Hibby in a lazy, unadulterated attempt at cheap laughs from your mates. Don't play the victim card son, you won't get much sympathy on this board. 

You've chucked it, mate.

Dougray Scott. fine actor. No idea what your problem is with him.

Edited by New York Fleapit

been here before
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It doesnt matter whether you've heard folk referring to it or not. All the signage at the stadium, the pricing and the ST books referred to the "Ground". 

Right. So its not what "we" called it then. 

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, geomac said:

you don't come across well, if you are a Hearts fan maybe you should be a bit more respectful? Instead  of being a complete ignorant fool, if you want to be ignorant.......

Again geo, respect works 2 ways. Anyone who questions my Hearts credentials does not deserve my respect. 

Bridge of Djoum

Anyone else heard a section of Tynecastle being referred to as ''the ground''? And could you buy a ST there?

Unknown user
32 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

But never "the ground".

I've literally never heard the terracing referred to as the Ground before either.  Home end yes, School end yes, but not the Ground. 

Again geo, respect works 2 ways. Anyone who questions my Hearts credentials does not deserve my respect. 

Fair enough Enzo, I think I'll be ok without your respect, maybe worry next time I'm at the ground

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Right. So its not what "we" called it then. 

It's what "the club" and indeed every other club referred to the standing area. Terracing, the Shed, yes of course but the ST was for the "ground"

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

It's what "the club" and indeed every other club referred to the standing area. Terracing, the Shed, yes of course but the ST was for the "ground"

:interehjrling:

been here before
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So when you wrote

"The Ground..not sure if you realise that was how we referred to the terracing back in the day.."

The "we'" you were referring to wasnt yourself or your pals in the role of Hearts fans or any other Hearts supporter for that matter but rather you in your, as yet undefined, role as a member of "the club and indeed every other club".

If you'd only pointed that out initially it would have been so much simpler.

August Landmesser

Over in Gorgie

They play at The Ground

There's a little team

That won't let you down.

That's how it goes eh Enzo?

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

So when you wrote

"The Ground..not sure if you realise that was how we referred to the terracing back in the day.."

The "we'" you were referring to wasnt yourself or your pals in the role of Hearts fans or any other Hearts supporter for that matter but rather you in your, as yet undefined, role as a member of "the club and indeed every other club".

If you'd only pointed that out initially it would have been so much simpler.

So STs were for the Ground, the Stand or the Enclosure. How would the conversation go when a fan went into the Ticket Office to buy a ST ?

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Over in Gorgie

They play at The Ground

There's a little team

That won't let you down.

That's how it goes eh Enzo?

That was back when Scott Wilson used to belt out at the start of every match: “This is the ground...let’s make some noise!” :thumbsup:

Unknown user

So STs were for the Ground, the Stand or the Enclosure. How would the conversation go when a fan went into the Ticket Office to buy a ST ?

You did make it sound like it's what the fans called it though, I've honestly never heard it used that way.

Escobar PHM

I believe folk used to use the term ‘ground’ as in ‘time for a few pints then along to the ground’ however I always took it to mean the stadium itself, not a specific part of it. Maybe some folk meant ‘the ground’ to differentiate terracing from the stand. ‘Ground season ticket’ and ‘stand season ticket’ certainly rings a bell. One of the historians amongst us would know. Back in the 60’s and 70’s I’m thinking.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

I believe folk used to use the term ‘ground’ as in ‘time for a few pints then along to the ground’ however I always took it to mean the stadium itself, not a specific part of it. Maybe some folk meant ‘the ground’ to differentiate terracing from the stand. ‘Ground season ticket’ and ‘stand season ticket’ certainly rings a bell. One of the historians amongst us would know. Back in the 60’s and 70’s I’m thinking.

That's before my time to be fair

Enzo Chiefo
Just now, Smithee said:

You did make it sound like it's what the fans called it though, I've honestly never heard it used that way.

Fair point Smithee. Apologies for the confusion. I was referring to the ST book itself and the pricing signage that you would see outside away grounds. ..Ground (£1.80) Stand (£2.50). I don't remember these prices of course, my grandfather told me.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Fair point Smithee. Apologies for the confusion. I was referring to the ST book itself and the pricing signage that you would see outside away grounds. ..Ground (£1.80) Stand (£2.50). I don't remember these prices of course, my grandfather told me.

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

05E5AB77-550A-4C01-8C74-F6AA17A8E7EA.thumb.jpeg.dfe7b2a58274d4819627344b83531fca.jpeg

In the distance, a bell rings...

Enzo Chiefo

Cheers Graham. Those were the days.86 or 87??. £50 ST. 

Just noticed the 1987/88 at the top there.

5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

05E5AB77-550A-4C01-8C74-F6AA17A8E7EA.thumb.jpeg.dfe7b2a58274d4819627344b83531fca.jpeg

Had no idea that the Christian Science Reading Room used to be a bloody disco :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

No

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No, I doubt your grandfather did either, are you and Escobar same person? or just support same team?

10 hours ago, luckydug said:

They haven't overtaken us until ALL the sales are finished.

We have a lot more milage left in our sales than they have.

By the time the sales which are not covered in the dot count are added we are on at least 13k. 

Like for like with last season we are on course to be about 700 down.  A good start to the LC campaign and most of these fans can be won back.

I don't think we're on track to be down as much as that.

I recall our dot counter saying that we announced 13k ST sales on 30th June last year, at which point his count was 12,750.  At 30th June this year his count was c 12.400, so 350 down on last year (i.e. slightly less than 3% down).

Last season we eventually announced c 13,800 ST sales, with a push to get to 14k, which presumably we didn't make, otherwise we would have announced it.  If we carry on selling STs this season as the same rate (i.e. c 3% below last season) then we'll only be c 400 down.

It's also worth bearing in mind that the start we made in the  LC last season was hardly going to encourage a late flurry of sales.  If we hit the ground running this season then we might claw back a lot, if not all, of the shortfall.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, geomac said:

No, I doubt your grandfather did either, are you and Escobar same person? or just support same team?

You"re right about my grandfather though...he was a Hibbie. I have no doubt that Escobar supports the same team as me. But no...we're not the same person.

Enzo has been a pain in the tonsils in this thread.

However he is correct in his reference to the ground.

I still use the term yet although instead of saying I arrived at the Stadium I would say I arrived at the ground or I got into the ground late etc.

Not too many folk bothered with STs back then and those who did were mostly in the Stand.

If Enzo had one for the GROUND he is indeed a PHM imo.

You"re right about my grandfather though...he was a Hibbie. I have no doubt that Escobar supports the same team as me. But no...we're not the same person.

Thanks for clarifying, it's fair to  say you and Escobar support the same team, but you're not the same person?

55 minutes ago, been here before said:

But never "the ground".

Back in the day ..... when I first started going (and also when I bought my first ST),

at Tynecastle Park there were three areas;

1. THE GROUND - entry through one of three banks of turnstiles ( McLeod St, Gorgie Road & Wheatfield St) once in freedom to roam anywhere!

2. THE ENCLOSURE - although split North & South there was actually a ‘bridge’ over the players tunnel which facilitated transition from end to end 

3. THE STAND - split, North, Centre & South - once in stay in the section you entered

2 minutes ago, Shrekeo said:

‘While the Chiefo’ still here and getting plenty bites I see......

Sorry, I'm one of them, annoyed with myself now!!

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Enzo has been a pain in the tonsils in this thread.

However he is correct in his reference to the ground.

I still use the term yet although instead of saying I arrived at the Stadium I would say I arrived at the ground or I got into the ground late etc.

Not too many folk bothered with STs back then and those who did were mostly in the Stand.

If Enzo had one for the GROUND he is indeed a PHM imo.

Cheers for confirming Dug. I'm glad i was only a pain in the tonsils ...it could have been so much worse. Anyway, no more ST chat. I'm going to leave the dot counters to their work and we'll see how things pan out.

9 hours ago, Escobar PHM said:

Ground was commonly used and still is by certain old farts like myself. 

The ordinary Joe used to stand on the Terracing in the GROUND.

If we were feeling flush maybe a win on the horses we would stretch to the Wing stand.

The Centre stand was mostly well off folk and guests of the club players etc.

Used to love going along to reserve matches when the Centre Stand was affordable for everyone. Those that had STs would get in for nowt.

With the reserve league starting up again it would be a good perk to let ST holders in for nothing imo. 

12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The ordinary Joe used to stand on the Terracing in the GROUND.

If we were feeling flush maybe a win on the horses we would stretch to the Wing stand.

The Centre stand was mostly well off folk and guests of the club players etc.

Used to love going along to reserve matches when the Centre Stand was affordable for everyone. Those that had STs would get in for nowt.

With the reserve league starting up again it would be a good perk to let ST holders in for nothing imo. 

Never heard of this  Ground,  but if you top guys tell me then we'll be ok

1 hour ago, New York Fleapit said:

Anyone else heard a section of Tynecastle being referred to as ''the ground''? And could you buy a ST there?

Yes  aka the terracing 1970s terminology.