Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

As long as we are up there presenting a challenge for the season and battling with Aberdeen, Hibs and Rangers, like we ought to be, then that's a massive improvement on what we just witnessed and I'll be reasonably happy.

Sure we will be. Though I think the real step up the ladder will be next year. Competitive this year, moving ahead in 19/20. Encourage a few more people to buy, maybe we will have enough dosh to secure a game changer. Wishful thinking perhaps. Certainly need that stand fully operational and maximising our income

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Hearts website announced we had broken the 14,000 barrier at some stage last season. THAT IS FACTUALLY CORRECT. I thought the final figure was 14250, which was taken in November and included some half season tickets.

As of now we have a somewhat unreliable dot count figure and no announcement from the club as to how many have actually been sold. Supposing that dot count is bang on and we've sold 12250. That's 14.5% down on the FINAL total for last year as we stand at this moment.

I don't see much point in in projecting where we'll end up, especially whilst we are in early summer and we haven't, hopefully, finished the incoming business. However I'd say that 2000 in addition to the 12250 we have now(if that is correct) is a big ask.

We will PROBABLY be down. PROBABLY around 1000 down or maybe slightly less by the time sales close, unless there is some major shift in enthusiasm before then. 1000 down would be BAD NEWS, no matter how you paint it, but it doesn't necessarily mean that ST revenue would be down, or that we wont get the number of walk ups required to increase revenue. However that depends entirely on performance once the season starts, an unknown factor if ever there was one.

The disappointing thing is we need to be UP, well UP. UP to around 15500 or thereabouts. That's partly why we built the new stand. To increase revenue SIGNIFICANTLY. It remains to be seen whether that will happen this summer/season. I think probably not a huge increase if any at all.

Why has this happened ? Is it cost ? Is it due to Levein ? Is it changing sales periods ? Is it folk holding off waiting for marquee signings. Is it simply that you will be able to 'walk up' a lot easier than before ? I imagine a combination of all of those is at work here.

I don't think people who remark on the situation and give their opinion in an honest way need to seek psychiatric help of any sort. Its just a ludicrous comment frankly.

I'll be surprised if we match last years total, unless we add a "big" name or two for all of te reasons you've put up. I know a couple of folk who aren't renewing, "As long as Levein is manager or even DOF", and, though I don't agree with them they're entitled to their opinion. I've renewed and I'm reasonably happy with  the business we've done so far. Squad looks stronger and, hopefully we'll be better placed to change games from the bench, which we weren't able to do really last year.

If the performances, particularly away from home improve there will probably be a few who wish they had renewed, but there are those who just will never get on board with Levein. I've accepted that and those assuming that walk ups will be easy to get might find themselves unable to get in.

I'm just looking forward to sitting where I always sit, abusing the Wheatfield Lino.

Escobar PHM
4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I'll be surprised if we match last years total, unless we add a "big" name or two for all of te reasons you've put up. I know a couple of folk who aren't renewing, "As long as Levein is manager or even DOF", and, though I don't agree with them they're entitled to their opinion. I've renewed and I'm reasonably happy with  the business we've done so far. Squad looks stronger and, hopefully we'll be better placed to change games from the bench, which we weren't able to do really last year.

If the performances, particularly away from home improve there will probably be a few who wish they had renewed, but there are those who just will never get on board with Levein. I've accepted that and those assuming that walk ups will be easy to get might find themselves unable to get in.

I'm just looking forward to sitting where I always sit, abusing the Wheatfield Lino.

I haven't renewed, partly because I think Levein is a busted flush, from another era in football and tactically he's not with it. We're easy to play against. We're one dimensional. We're a counter-attacking team with no pace and no width. But mostly its because I missed 4-5 games last season through work and I'll be able to walk up this season. Just apathy I suppose you could say it is. There's not much point in moaning about it. Levein is there for the season, you accept that and move on, and the recruitment actually looks okay to me, given the financial restrictions, so he might actually improve us. Its his last chance. I think most would agree on that. If we get to a stage where I cant get a 'walk up' ticket for love nor money this season, in many ways I'll be delighted because that means we're doing well.

Enzo Chiefo
48 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Hearts website announced we had broken the 14,000 barrier at some stage last season. THAT IS FACTUALLY CORRECT. I thought the final figure was 14250, which was taken in November and included some half season tickets.

As of now we have a somewhat unreliable dot count figure and no announcement from the club as to how many have actually been sold. Supposing that dot count is bang on and we've sold 12250. That's 14.5% down on the FINAL total for last year as we stand at this moment.

I don't see much point in in projecting where we'll end up, especially whilst we are in early summer and we haven't, hopefully, finished the incoming business. However I'd say that 2000 in addition to the 12250 we have now(if that is correct) is a big ask.

We will PROBABLY be down. PROBABLY around 1000 down or maybe slightly less by the time sales close, unless there is some major shift in enthusiasm before then. 1000 down would be BAD NEWS, no matter how you paint it, but it doesn't necessarily mean that ST revenue would be down, or that we wont get the number of walk ups required to increase revenue. However that depends entirely on performance once the season starts, an unknown factor if ever there was one.

The disappointing thing is we need to be UP, well UP. UP to around 15500 or thereabouts. That's partly why we built the new stand. To increase revenue SIGNIFICANTLY. It remains to be seen whether that will happen this summer/season. I think probably not a huge increase if any at all.

Why has this happened ? Is it cost ? Is it due to Levein ? Is it changing sales periods ? Is it folk holding off waiting for marquee signings. Is it simply that you will be able to 'walk up' a lot easier than before ? I imagine a combination of all of those is at work here.

I don't think people who remark on the situation and give their opinion in an honest way need to seek psychiatric help of any sort. Its just a ludicrous comment frankly.

Well said Escobar. Some posters, in their desperation to defend Levein, will not acknowledge the facts. We SHOULD be pushing forward and increasing the ST base. The stand will not make us money by just being there and ST sales, after several years of growth are, by whatever amount,  heading in the wrong direction.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Well said Escobar. Some posters, in their desperation to defend Levein, will not acknowledge the facts. We SHOULD be pushing forward and increasing the ST base. The stand will not make us money by just being there and ST sales, after several years of growth are, by whatever amount,  heading in the wrong direction.

I don't think the financial hit will be as bad if you look at the coming season as a whole. Aye, if we're a 1000 down at the start that's £300K but a good start, a good season in fact, and walk ups will offset that.

There's always talk of it being up to the fans etc, this season it's up to the team to get the punters through the turnstiles.

As an example, I haven't renewed due to work...to many mid weekers, cannae justify £40 a game for the ones I would make but if I make 10+ games at, say, £30 pop, it's not a great loss in revenue for the club. I sure there will be many in my shoes.

Escobar PHM
10 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Season ticket numbers seem to be growing by the page, 14250 nah

Pretty sure there were posts on this thread earlier with links from the website archive confirming we had broken the 14000 barrier last autumn. I read the 14250 figure on this thread somewhere but not sure if that was official or a guess.

Escobar PHM
11 minutes ago, Boab said:

I don't think the financial hit will be as bad if you look at the coming season as a whole. Aye, if we're a 1000 down at the start that's £300K but a good start, a good season in fact, and walk ups will offset that.

There's always talk of it being up to the fans etc, this season it's up to the team to get the punters through the turnstiles.

As an example, I haven't renewed due to work...to many mid weekers, cannae justify £40 a game for the ones I would make but if I make 10+ games at, say, £30 pop, it's not a great loss in revenue for the club. I sure there will be many in my shoes.

Yep. If the reduction in sales is under 1000, most of that apparent lost revenue will be made up by the price increases. I'm the same with work. Missed 6 games on my ticket last year, mostly through work, although twice I just couldn't be arsed I have to say.  I can almost never do non weekend games due to travelling with work, and cant really be arsed even if I was home.

I'll probably end up seeing the same number of games and paying around the same in total. However I'm now a floating fan who needs to be seduced into going unfortunately and if we're shite, I'll be finding something else to do

JamboGraham

The club announced on the 29th November last year that we had sold ‘over’ 14,000 season tickets. I can find no source to confirm what the ‘over’ figure was.

Our official audited accounts confirmed that we sold 13,700 full season tickets. Therefore it is logical to calculate that our likely half season ticket sales total was just over 300. The half season ticket became valid for the Celtic game on the 17th Dec.

Despite all being called season tickets they are different products sold at a very different price.

The obvious comparison for like versus like sales is 13,700 compared to our current total which is estimated to be around 12,250 according to the hard work of the dot counters. This is a reduction of 10.6%. The final comparison will not be known until full season tickets are withdrawn from sale once the new league season has started.

Escobar PHM
15 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Our official audited accounts confirmed that we sold 13,700 full season tickets.

That figure relates to the previous season does it not. i.e. for season 2016/17.

14 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

A fair point, I originally did a basic calculation but have now reworked based on levels of family/standard tickets available at Easter Road, against our different pricing bands.

Adult, Hearts are 1.4% more expensive on average.

Senior, Hearts are 16% more expensive on average.

Student, Hearts are 31% more expensive on average.

Youth, Hearts are 7% more expensive on average.

Child, Hibs are 46.5 more expensive on average.

We have a slightly more complex youth pricing structure so again you have to apply averages. Agree there is not much in it for an adult ticket, the variation is across the next highest revenue groups Seniors and Students.

I am happy to amend my original post and acknowledge that Easter Road is not significantly cheaper, but it is cheaper. The only exception being children's tickets which is the lowest revenue ticket and could perhaps be argued as an investment in the future.

Are the Hibs prices based on the cost before or after their early bird prices JG?

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

I think this is a good, balanced ('honest') post. Very different to someone else on here who seems to distort the truth, or avoid it altogether, to fit an agenda.

I would dispute minor details (e.g. the 14,250 figure) but generally it's logical and makes good sense. I may be marginally more optimistic about where our final ST figure ends up, but that's just me. What I don't understand is why anyone would pay a large amount of money weeks - or even months - before they have to. What other product/service/bill would that apply to? With the added capacity, there's loads of excellent seats still to choose from - why not just wait until the last week or two?

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Yip all Hobbit chat needs banned . 

Or a sub forum where folk can go to slag them off!

5 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I dont care how much the hobos are charging for season tickets - I still wouldnt take one if it was a freebie. 

spot on would rather watch a cricket match than those  low life vermine

I haven't renewed, partly because I think Levein is a busted flush, from another era in football and tactically he's not with it. We're easy to play against. We're one dimensional. We're a counter-attacking team with no pace and no width. But mostly its because I missed 4-5 games last season through work and I'll be able to walk up this season. Just apathy I suppose you could say it is. There's not much point in moaning about it. Levein is there for the season, you accept that and move on, and the recruitment actually looks okay to me, given the financial restrictions, so he might actually improve us. Its his last chance. I think most would agree on that. If we get to a stage where I cant get a 'walk up' ticket for love nor money this season, in many ways I'll be delighted because that means we're doing well.

Fair enough.

JamboGraham

That figure relates to the previous season does it not. i.e. for season 2016/17.

My apologies, yes it does. Taking another look at information available (and double checking the year) we can see the following.

The club announced on the 27th July that were 500 short of our 14k target.

This was then followed up by the launch of #Target14 on the 5th September so we hadn't hit 14k by this point. I can find no reference to actual sales made.

The club announced we had hit 14k (including half season sales) on the 29th November.

JamboGraham
1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Are the Hibs prices based on the cost before or after their early bird prices JG?

Standard prices, so after the early bird period.

4 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

My apologies, yes it does. Taking another look at information available (and double checking the year) we can see the following.

This was then followed up by the launch of #Target14 on the 5th September so we hadn't hit 14k by this point. I can find no reference to actual sales made.

The club announced we had hit 14k (including half season sales) on the 29th November.

Was there not meant to be a draw thingy when we hit 14K last season ? Some prize or whatnot ?

Maybe there was, I never won it anyway !

Escobar PHM
3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Yes I can find the 14k announcement but nothing about final figures, so we assume its in the lower 14000 plus area.

We're in the slow down period that's for sure (judging by the dot counts). I reckon we'll be 750 -1000 down at the end of sales, which is not great but its not a disaster either, given the increased prices and the scope for bigger walk up numbers if we're performing.

21 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Standard prices, so after the early bird period.

Ta.

Looks like they'll have to sell a lot more than us to match our income then.

JamboGraham
26 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Yes I can find the 14k announcement but nothing about final figures, so we assume its in the lower 14000 plus area.

We're in the slow down period that's for sure (judging by the dot counts). I reckon we'll be 750 -1000 down at the end of sales, which is not great but its not a disaster either, given the increased prices and the scope for bigger walk up numbers if we're performing.

Agreed, all said and done I think a figure of 13k sold would be a solid, if not spectacular, return. In many ways though the team could be described as solid, not spectacular, so perhaps not a surprise.

Did we ever have the big prize draw last year promised by the club if we sold over 14000 season tickets? I missed it if we did.

People need to realise we are limited to what playing budget we have and will be until AB the stand and the new pitch are paid for - I support Hearts as best I can with merch, FOh and the likes.

But I am patient that the Academy is coming together, we are no longer shifting players for less than their value. Until we have the budget to improve what we have on the pitch you will just have to suck it up - Don't particularly want glory hunters, Let's hope we can get Demi and David back along with Naismith - Loans are probably the best way to go until we are cash rich.

Then I expect big things..... just a little patience

P.s. Can understand alot of annoyed people who quite correctly believe we wasted cash with Cathro in charge.

3 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

People need to realise we are limited to what playing budget we have and will be until AB the stand and the new pitch are paid for - I support Hearts as best I can with merch, FOh and the likes.

But I am patient that the Academy is coming together, we are no longer shifting players for less than their value. Until we have the budget to improve what we have on the pitch you will just have to suck it up - Don't particularly want glory hunters, Let's hope we can get Demi and David back along with Naismith - Loans are probably the best way to go until we are cash rich.

Then I expect big things..... just a little patience

P.s. Can understand alot of annoyed people who quite correctly believe we wasted cash with Cathro in charge.

Glory hunters ?

How long have you been following Hearts ?

Just now, Boab said:

Glory hunters ?

How long have you been following Hearts ?

Since always the Bridesmaid days 35 years.

Guess I made my point badly - 12-14k core support every year is excellent for a club our size in city arguably with two football teams ( if you include Edinburgh City F.C)

Walk ups will make up another 1-2 k and then 1-2k Away support dependent on opposition is a larger average support than I can ever think of over the course of a season.

If maintained product on the park will get better and we will get a new generation of Hearts fans, plenty in who would make more of an effort to go along if there was better football played and they are not glory hunters, just a bit fed up.

7 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Since always the Bridesmaid days 35 years.

Guess I made my point badly - 12-14k core support every year is excellent for a club our size in city arguably with two football teams ( if you include Edinburgh City F.C)

Walk ups will make up another 1-2 k and then 1-2k Away support dependent on opposition is a larger average support than I can ever think of over the course of a season.

If maintained product on the park will get better and we will get a new generation of Hearts fans, plenty in who would make more of an effort to go along if there was better football played and they are not glory hunters, just a bit fed up.

Fair enough. Fed up sounds far more like it !

The beginning of our season will seal things here.

The year of Vlad arriving there was general excitement but we didn’t sell out season tickets I recall until our second game (after thumping Hibs) and therefore scoring 4 goals in each of our first two games.

We start well our attendances will be up 

We don’t and they will be down.

its fairly straightforward- I’m not sure I see the point in endlessly hypothesising at this stage in proceedings 

Edited by Jammy T

This evening's count.

Wheatfield   -    1054

Roseburn     -    1211

Main             -      814

Gorgie          -      573

Total             -    3652

Based on 15,934 available seats for season tickets, 12,282 sold.

Count at 6pm tonight.

Wheatfield   -    1043

Roseburn     -    1211

Main             -      809

Gorgie          -      572

Total             -    3635

Based on 15,934 available seats for season tickets, 12,299 sold.

Ministry of Football
32 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Count at 6pm tonight.

Wheatfield   -    1043

Roseburn     -    1211

Main             -      809

Gorgie          -      572

Total             -    3635

Based on 15,934 available seats for season tickets, 12,299 sold.

Thanks

Count at midnight tonight.

Wheatfield   -    1031

Roseburn     -    1210

Main             -      796

Gorgie          -      570

Total             -    3607

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, 12,327 sold.

On 20/06/2018 at 15:03, 1874robbo said:

Did we ever have the big prize draw last year promised by the club if we sold over 14000 season tickets? I missed it if we did.

Be interested in that too.

Hackney Hearts
10 hours ago, JALBO said:

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, 12,327 sold.

28 sold in just over 24 hours - pretty good. At that rate we would sell another 1,316 before our first home league game on 11th August.

A total of 13,643.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

28 sold in just over 24 hours - pretty good. At that rate we would sell another 1,316 before our first home league game on 11th August.

A total of 13,643.

Bet there's few sold today with new clubstore opening and they'll be few sold pay day next week id imagine aswell 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

2 pay days before the season kicks off plus a lot of people who will wait until quite late generally to part with cash.  I think we'll break 14k season tickets.

If we get off to a good start, we'll get 3k walk up's plus away support - so average around 18.5k next season (Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic, Rangers will all be sell outs - the other teams won't bring more than 1k with them on average.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Bet there's few sold today with new clubstore opening and they'll be few sold pay day next week id imagine aswell 

Doom and gloom for Enzo and All out Abhorrent:laugh:

2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Ticket office not open today.

3 minutes ago, ericb said:

Ticket office not open today.

Is the ticket office moving to the new stand ?

If so seems daft not to open for today. 

8 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Really ? Would've thought ticket office be open eh

Tweet replying to someone saying TO not open, maybe not ready yet 

Bazzas right boot
On 19/06/2018 at 17:44, VladMagic said:

"Some" people just don't want us to sell as many/more season tickets as/than our neighbours.

Desperation for "some" sort of bragging rights.

They should be launched.

It looks that way. 

Folk almost willing us to fail in all areas. 

Strange. 

59 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Is the ticket office moving to the new stand ?

If so seems daft not to open for today. 

Was down at the new shop today and the ticket office is located on the right as you go in. It wssn't open yet.

The shop is very large btw.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Was down at the new shop today and the ticket office is located on the right as you go in. It wssn't open yet.

The shop is very large btw.

No pictures?  ?

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No pictures?  ?

Yes yes. I took a handful - will pop them up in a wee while.......on the new stand threaf

Edited by JALBO

i wish jj was my dad
13 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

It looks that way. 

Folk almost willing us to fail in all areas. 

Strange. 

I'm getting pitchforks and torches ready if we don't win our first 8 fixtures.