Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Rocky jamboa
33 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

You do realise it doesn’t matter WHERE you sign a player from, it’s how good they turn out to be. Countless examples of players signed from these types of places who have been fantastic examples. 

If you’re sitting feeling negative and pessimistic ahead of the new season then I pity you and think you’re possibly supporting the wrong team for your expectation levels

I think I'll stick to supporting hearts, thanks! 

My expectation levels is that we should be challenging for 2nd and FWIW, I reckon this coming season will be better than last. However, I don't feel the squad we are assembling is good enough to be challenging for 2nd. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Paulp74 said:

My expectation levels is that we should be challenging for 2nd and FWIW, I reckon this coming season will be better than last. However, I don't feel the squad we are assembling is good enough to be challenging for 2nd. 

Stick  to supporting Hearts as we all do, but do not be so demanding for immediate success after a new stand, pitch and admin issues.

Want a new manager? probably cost the same amount as the pitch. Can we just relax hope we have a good cup run and then go full on

Rambo on every other side in the league barring Celtic.

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

It's always hard to set targets, especially after a season like the last one. All we can do is offer an opinion of where we might end up with what we have. Taking that on board, 2nd is way off for me, sorry.

Challenging for something is a good spin phrase. Means nothing when the final table is looked at.

An improvement on last season's finishing spot is a must, by at least two spots.

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Boab said:

It's always hard to set targets, especially after a season like the last one. All we can do is offer an opinion of where we might end up with what we have. Taking that on board, 2nd is way off for me, sorry.

Challenging for something is a good spin phrase. Means nothing when the final table is looked at.

An improvement on last season's finishing spot is a must, by at least two spots.

That’s where I’m at. Challenging for second is probably beyond us given we still have a year to go before we can really invest heavily in the playing side of things.

Third or fourth place would be excellent improvement. Don’t have any expectations for the cups as they are a shite guage of progress on how your season has been.

Edited by Frank1874

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

You do realise it doesn’t matter WHERE you sign a player from, it’s how good they turn out to be. Countless examples of players signed from these types of places who have been fantastic examples. 

If you’re sitting feeling negative and pessimistic ahead of the new season then I pity you and think you’re possibly supporting the wrong team for your expectation levels

Imagine the reaction if we'd tried to sign Jamie Vardy from Halifax Town a few years ago?

Imagine?

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Getting Naismith and Milinkovic is what we need to stand still. They were part of last seasons team that finished 6th. 

Yes they were - but not for much of it. One joined us late, one had injury problems. Naismith started 8 leagues games, and Milinkovic 13.

I think it's reasonable to suggest we might have finished a bit higher than 6th if both had played 25+ games.

1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Good post. In the past we've signed players with big expectations and they've been torture and others with little expectation have been superb - a la SPH. I'll pass judgement on these signings when I actually see them play, regardless of how "uninspiring" they may seem.

Alex Kintner
15 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Imagine the reaction if we'd tried to sign Jamie Vardy from Halifax Town a few years ago?

Imagine?

Can you imagine the seethe :rofl:

5 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

Good post. In the past we've signed players with big expectations and they've been torture and others with little expectation have been superb - a la SPH. I'll pass judgement on these signings when I actually see them play, regardless of how "uninspiring" they may seem.

Exactly. Everyone knows this though. They’re just desperate to have something to bash the club/Levein with

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Getting Naismith and Milinkovic is what we need to stand still. They were part of last seasons team that finished 6th. 

You really are such a pant wetter

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, kila said:

You really are such a pant wetter

What you really mean is "i dont agree with your opinion". Fair enough. 

Alex Kintner
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

What you really mean is "i dont agree with your opinion". Fair enough. 

Nah, think he was pretty clear. You are a complete worry merchant who loves to moan about made up issues:rofl:

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Spot on Paulp. A club our size should be challenging for cups every year. Every year. That means, given our status as 3rd biggest club in the country, regularly reaching at least the SF stage. League wise, we should be challenging for 3rd or higher. At the moment we are a good bit behind the top4 and i would expect them to be every bit as strong next year. My opinion of the new signings is that we've added depth to the squad but more quality? Time will tell but i would expect to be fighting for 5th again at the end of the season. 

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Nah, think he was pretty clear. You are a complete worry merchant who loves to moan about made up issues:rofl:

A mind reader?  Nah, i just think he's someone that can't debate or deal with different opinions. Quite common on here to be fair.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Spot on Paulp. A club our size should be challenging for cups every year. Every year. That means, given our status as 3rd biggest club in the country, regularly reaching at least the SF stage. League wise, we should be challenging for 3rd or higher. At the moment we are a good bit behind the top4 and i would expect them to be every bit as strong next year. My opinion of the new signings is that we've added depth to the squad but more quality? Time will tell but i would expect to be fighting for 5th again at the end of the season. 

Disagree about the Cup sentence at the start of your post, bud.

Any team could draw the hooped demons in the first round they enter any competition and get stuffed. That, then, destroys any talk about challenging for them.

As for the League, aye, it's feasible to set a realistic target. Right now, saying second is not realistic, going on what just been.

Even with new signings, getting into Europe would be excellent. That means third, fourth or maybe a Cup Final.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Disagree about the Cup sentence at the start of your post, bud.

Any team could draw the hooped demons in the first round they enter any competition and get stuffed. That, then, destroys any talk about challenging for them.

As for the League, aye, it's feasible to set a realistic target. Right now, saying second is not realistic, going on what just been.

Even with new signings, getting into Europe would be excellent. That means third, fourth or maybe a Cup Final.

Fair points Boab.

14 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

A mind reader?  Nah, i just think he's someone that can't debate or deal with different opinions. Quite common on here to be fair.

Will we sell more ST's now fans favourite Millinkovic is making his move permanent?

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

Will we sell more ST's now fans favourite Millinkovic is making his move permanent?

I said 12.5K way back and i'm sticking with it.

Good thing is, a good run will increase walk ups, which will bring more money in.

In saying all that, most home attendances will be 16K or thereabouts with Cat As up at 19K

All good.

...a bit disco
19 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Interesting point.

Another point of argument goes down in flames!

Alex Kintner
56 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There’s a difference between stating a valid opinion and stating a massive exaggeration. Your’s was the latter.

Alex Kintner
14 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sorry to bring a dose of realism Selkirk but i don't think there is much chance of signing the "couple of quality players" that everybody seems to be awaiting.  It seems clear we are boosting the squad rather than the quality of the team. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/stv.tv/amp/1419551-hearts-agree-fee-with-genoa-for-david-milinkovic/

:clyay:

Enzo Chiefo
28 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

There’s a difference between stating a valid opinion and stating a massive exaggeration. Your’s was the latter.

Mine was an opinion. A valid one at that. 

Enzo Chiefo
20 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Good bit of business if he agrees terms. Will ensure that our attacking options are not weakened. Keeping Lafferty will be equally important though.  Naismith? Not too fussy tbh. Might be a non-starter now Milinkovic looks like signing.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Mine was an opinion. A valid one at that. 

A valid opinion that you don’t think we’re going to make any quality signings despite the fact pre-season hasn’t even started yet and  our manager has stated in the press we are actively trying to make those quality signings. Totally valid :cornette:

Enzo Chiefo
10 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

A valid opinion that you don’t think we’re going to make any quality signings despite the fact pre-season hasn’t even started yet and  our manager has stated in the press we are actively trying to make those quality signings. Totally valid :cornette:

I dont think we'll make any quality signings. My opinion and a valid one. Everyone will have an opinion on what constitutes a "quality" signing.  All valid opinions.  I was referring to new signings as it happens. Last years squad was 6th. We need the like of Milinkovic just to stand still. We have concentrated on quantity rather than quality imvo. Fans opinions are not any less valid because "our manager" makes a comment in the paper. 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Last years squad was 6th. We need the like of Milinkovic just to stand still. 

You keep saying this. You didn't reply to the point that the likes of Milinkovic and Naismith had a limited chance to affect our league position last season (13 and 8 starts respectively). 

The same would apply to Mitchell if could get him back (7 starts).

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

You keep saying this. You didn't reply to the point that the likes of Milinkovic and Naismith had a limited chance to affect our league position last season (13 and 8 starts respectively). 

The same would apply to Mitchell if could get him back (7 starts).

Milinkovic was available all season. He joined in August. Naismith played further up the park woyld have made a difference. Milinkovic was used too sparingly imo. 

9 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I dont think we'll make any quality signings. My opinion and a valid one. Everyone will have an opinion on what constitutes a "quality" signing.  All valid opinions.  I was referring to new signings as it happens. Last years squad was 6th. We need the like of Milinkovic just to stand still. We have concentrated on quantity rather than quality imvo. Fans opinions are not any less valid because "our manager" makes a comment in the paper. 

Clutching at straws.... every call you have made has been wrong.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Clutching at straws.... every call you have made has been wrong.

ST predictions were correct. 10 -15% drop looks like being bang on the money. Just stating my valid opinion.  

Fxxx the SPFL
20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That's the big unknown EC we will not know until the season progresses if that's the case. I hope you are wrong but that's what jkb is all about opinons anyway where are we at with season tickets would have though that HMFC would have issued a wee update by now.

Edited by Ray has bus pass hooray
spelling mistake

Alex Kintner
28 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Naismith, Milinkovic and Mitchell don’t constitute quality signings. Who do you want, Neymar, Messi?

There are no words :rofl:

Edited by Frank1874

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

ST predictions were correct. 10 -15% drop looks like being bang on the money. Just stating my valid opinion.  

Even though we’re only 5% down on this time last year :facepalm:

a

FarmerTweedy
10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We've already sold comfortably more than 85% of last season's total, and are closing in on 90% and it's still only mid-June! Your fantasy of a 10-15% drop is already being shown up as completely wishful thinking on your part, yet you're still embarrassing yourself by bringing it up!

Bizarre behaviour! 

25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Entitled to your "opinion"  - however in this case it's completely wrong. We are only marginally poorer season ticket wise than were were st this stage last year. 10 - 15 % down is I'm afraid is absolutely wrong. 

Edited by Deevers

i wish jj was my dad
45 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Milinkovic was available all season. He joined in August. Naismith played further up the park woyld have made a difference. Milinkovic was used too sparingly imo. 

Good point, Enzo. Levein should have made DM play when he wasn't fit. He needs to get a grip.

Enzo Chiefo
34 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Naismith, Milinkovic and Mitchell don’t constitute quality signings. Who do you want, Neymar, Messi?

There are no words :rofl:

Pure unadulterated fiction...in fact downright lies.  Please indicate clearly where i stated that "Naismith, Milinkovic and Mitchell don't constitute quality signings". 

Hackney Hearts
46 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Milinkovic was available all season. He joined in August.

No he wasn't - mainly due to fitness/injury. Yes he technically joined in August, but it was the 31st, so had already missed 4 league games (as well as all of pre-season and the league cup matches to get up to speed). With news of today's deal with Genoa, the theory that Levein didn't rate him must surely be put to bed.

Naismith played further up the park woyld have made a difference.

Possibly. But even played where he was he made a substantial impact. 4 goals in 8 league starts. Won the Hibs game (with an assist and a goal). 

Enzo Chiefo
33 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We've already sold comfortably more than 85% of last season's total, and are closing in on 90% and it's still only mid-June! Your fantasy of a 10-15% drop is already being shown up as completely wishful thinking on your part, yet you're still embarrassing yourself by bringing it up!

Bizarre behaviour! 

Unless we've sold 12.6k, our ST sales are between 10-15% down on last seaaon"s total. That is factually correct. Last update from the club was 10k but bizarrely its all gone quiet from them. Dot counters indicate 12250 have been sold.

49 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

That would be us selling from 11900 to 12600.

Given there's six and a half weeks until the start of the season, I'd say you're bang off the money:laugh:

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

our ST sales are between 10-15% down on last seaaon"s total. That is factually correct.

But a completely pointless statistic.

Try this - what percentage were last season's sales down on last season's total, at this stage?

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Unless we've sold 12.6k, our ST sales are between 10-15% down on last seaaon"s total. That is factually correct. Last update from the club was 10k but bizarrely its all gone quiet from them. Dot counters indicate 12250 have been sold.

I think us dot counters have been consistent in affirming that we can only estimate based on the dots we can actually count. We don't include wheelchair / blind and carer season tickets or hospitality season passes.- all of which make up the season ticket totals issued by the club.

In 2017, the club announced we past 13,000 on the last day of June last year. That included sales in those other categories that we can't see. Which means even if we sell not a single season ticket or pass in those categories before the end of June, and not a single additional regular season ticket between now and then, the worst we are likely to be down on a like-for-like calendar date basis is around 750 sales - about 5.76%.

14 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Try this - what percentage were last season's sales down on last season's total, at this stage?

He's clearly not the brightest star in the Universe so I'd cut him some slack:laugh:

Enzo Chiefo
24 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

That would be us selling from 11900 to 12600.

Given there's six and a half weeks until the start of the season, I'd say you're bang off the money:laugh:

Ahhhh, you're predicting future sales while i'm basing my figures on actual sales. 

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

He's clearly not the brightest star in the Universe so I'd cut him some slack:laugh:

Clearly a lot brighter than you though Rudolf:pimp2:

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ahhhh, you're predicting future sales while i'm basing my figures on actual sales. 

Jalbo's latest post will give you an idea of how far off the mark you are.

21 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Last seasons NOVEMBER total no less. :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We hit 14k sales in December last year. Waiting for someone to tell us how average attendances will be markedly down next season.

i wish jj was my dad
35 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

No he wasn't - mainly due to fitness/injury. Yes he technically joined in August, but it was the 31st, so had already missed 4 league games (as well as all of pre-season and the league cup matches to get up to speed). With news of today's deal with Genoa, the theory that Levein didn't rate him must surely be put to bed.

Facts don't ever get in the way of 'The Levein Factor' in some folks' heids.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Here's what Levein said about Milinkovic in late September.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-craig-levein-can-t-wait-to-unleash-david-milinkovic-1-4569618