Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

I think we will see a moderate sales boost on the back of the strip launch and the WC games being shown in the fans’ bar. It’ll bring people to the stadium and some fans who live further away will want to kill two/three birds with one stone.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Bez said:

I think we will see a moderate sales boost on the back of the strip launch and the WC games being shown in the fans’ bar. It’ll bring people to the stadium and some fans who live further away will want to kill two/three birds with one stone.

Hope you're right.  We really should be ringing up 13,000 by the end of next month at the latest.

Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Hope you're right.  We really should be ringing up 13,000 by the end of next month at the latest.

Dont think we will be too far off that at the end of the month mate. As long as the club doesn’t do anything to dampen enthusiasm in the next couple of weeks, and put potential season ticket buyers off, like selling our popular top goal scorer for example.

17 hours ago, Haken said:

I'll leave that question to the individual to answer,  though it's one he's addressed it on numerous occasions. 

Personally, not wanting Rangers to win something is a tad different to openly stating on a Hearts forum that you want Hibs to beat Hearts.

It's not even in the same galaxy.

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Not to mention one in particular who wanted Hibs to win the cup!!

Made up shite as usual from you. You're continued patter on this is horrific. Bring back the thread if you want clarification. 

In a poll in which rangers/hibs were the option, I preferred hibs over rangers. 

If rangers had won I would have laughed just as much as anyone. 

Think I compared it to either choosing a broken arm or a broken leg, you want neither but have to choose one. Hibs were the broken leg. 

I only want Hearts to win the cup, but we were not an option. 

I make no excuses for disliking rangers more than Hibs. Very comfortable with that position. 

2 years on, rangers are trophyless, not finished 2nd yet and gone through 4 managers and are bleeding money. 

I am also happy with that outcome ( shame we've been unable to take advantage, tho) --as I predicted. nobody knows what would have happened if they won the cup that day. 

Doesn't even compare to wanting Hearts beat to prove a point and get our manager sacked. 

The Treasurer
14 hours ago, JALBO said:

Count at 5.30pm tonight.

Wheatfield   -    1083

Roseburn     -    1217

Main             -      848

Gorgie          -      578

Total             -    3726

Based on 15,934 available seats for season tickets, 12,208 sold.

Seems that although there's not a huge movement in sales just now there is still a steady flow.

I've no doubt that there will be a bit of a surge just before the season starts and then on field performances will dictate whether that number increases further.

We might see a wee surge this weekend, depending on how the first few fixtures come out tomorrow (a home derby in the first few games for example)

41 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It's not even in the same galaxy.

I agree. It’s total deflection. Actually wanting Hibs to beat us in a derby. Funny though how Tosh was roundly castigated for his opinion (not one I am even close to agreeing with him on), yet the main antagonists in that ongoing saga have very little to say about the guys who wanted Hibs to beat us.

32 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Made up shite as usual from you. You're continued patter on this is horrific. Bring back the thread if you want clarification. 

In a poll in which rangers/hibs were the option, I preferred hibs over rangers. 

If rangers had won I would have laughed just as much as anyone. 

Think I compared it to either choosing a broken arm or a broken leg, you want neither but have to choose one. Hibs were the broken leg. 

I only want Hearts to win the cup, but we were not an option. 

I make no excuses for disliking rangers more than Hibs. Very comfortable with that position. 

2 years on, rangers are trophyless, not finished 2nd yet and gone through 4 managers and are bleeding money. 

I am also happy with that outcome ( shame we've been unable to take advantage, tho) --as I predicted. nobody knows what would have happened if they won the cup that day. 

Doesn't even compare to wanting Hearts beat to prove a point and get our manager sacked. 

Those that have a go at you for having a different opinion on that cup final are the same who moan about not being allowed to have a different opinion about Levein. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Those that have a go at you for having a different opinion on that cup final are the same who moan about not being allowed to have a different opinion about Levein. 

Aye, but not even that, I accept that most on here dislike hibs more than Rangers, I don't have a problem with it. 

I wouldn't have bothered me if rangers had won, I would have continued to laugh at hibs. I just thought there were more benefits to us and Scotland in general over the medium term the longer rangers are shite. 

I myself, like us beating hibs more than Rangers. 

I just see rangers as a club in continued crisis and want that to be the case as much as possible, no matter what. 

I honestly think they are within our reach in the coming seasons, can only imagine what a cup win for them would have done, if folk think hibs got a bounce from the cup win, imagine what rangers would have got! 

Hibs also don't personally concern me too much, I don't use them as a measure for success and in all honesty care what they do. Imo, some on here are far too concerned with hibs. We'll be better than them again next season, that's all that matters. 

25 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Sorry, Des, but that's deflection personified !

Anyone who wants Hibs to win a Cup Final AND want Hibs to beat Hearts, should be nowhere near Tynecastle in my opinion.

I know of no one who I frequent the football with who would have wanted either of those batshit mental situations coming to pass.

Why ? They're Hearts supporters.

Quickly back on topic(!)...way back in the thread, I said 12,500....looking like I will be under, which is good news !

Edited by Boab

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, Des, but that's deflection personified !

Anyone who wants Hibs to win a Cup Final AND want Hibs to beat Hearts, should be nowhere near Tynecastle in my opinion.

I know of no one who I frequent the football with who would have wanted either of those batshit mental situations coming to pass.

Why ? Their Hearts supporters.

Quickly back on topic(!)...way back in the thread, I said 12,500....looking like I will be under, which is good news !

No I understand all that but it’s not like Tosh was cheering them on at Hampden. He merely made a choice of the lesser of two evils as he sees it. 

Wanting Hibs to beat Hearts is treasonous. That’s why AOA is no longer taken seriously and why dumbdricks is now posing as someone else. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

No I understand all that but it’s not like Tosh was cheering them on at Hampden. He merely made a choice of the lesser of two evils as he sees it. 

Wanting Hibs to beat Hearts is treasonous. That’s why AOA is no longer taken seriously and why dumbdricks is now posing as someone else. 

Does not compute, Des !

Lesser of two evils ?

Hibs are our goddamn rivals !

It shouldn't even have to be debated. 

I could make up a team of my worst enemies and still want them to beat Hibs.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Does not compute, Des !

Lesser of two evils ?

Lesser of two evils in Tosh’s mind.

Hibs have never been our rivals. 

They are our stinking rancid neighbours. 

It always makes me smile that hibs didn’t have the bottle to end the hoodoo in 2012. 

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

It always makes me smile that hibs didn’t have the bottle to end the hoodoo in 2012. 

Your second line makes absolutely no sense....even in jest !

Time to get off this perpetual roundabout, Des.

I'm content to marvel at some people's ideas of rivalry and leave it there....for now !

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Your second line makes absolutely no sense....even in jest !

Time to get off this perpetual roundabout, Des.

I'm content to marvel at some people's ideas of rivalry and leave it there....for now !

Fancy lunch at Pete and Bernie’s philosophical steak house? 

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I don't know who you're referring to but I do know who needs to bolt - back to Lochend!

I’m not familiar with Lochend mate.  Just because my views aren’t completely blinkered by puppy love. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Boab said:

Does not compute, Des !

Lesser of two evils ?

Not everyone agrees with that. 

When compared to rangers, hibs imo are the lesser of the two evils! 

Hardly worth Hearts fans argueing over 2 years later. Opinions n' all. 

I'm a Hearts fan, not an anti hibs supporter. I'm allowed to dislike other teams as well as hibs. 

Wanting Hearts beat is just ****ing stupid, of anyone, never mind hibs. 

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Stink rancid neighbours..... :fonzie:

Some posters call hibs vermin, scum, irrelevant, shit stain etc then say they at! Are our closest rivals! 

Makes no sense, if they're all that they shouldn't bother you too much, if the do bother you then they can't be the above unless we are also on par with that!

Geoff Kilpatrick

The vermin breaking their hoodoo has given them a massive boost.

Tosh justifies himself by worrying about a 6 year old club. :vrface:

39 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

I’m not familiar with Lochend mate.  Just because my views aren’t completely blinkered by puppy love. 

No, they're just blinkered.

40 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The vermin breaking their hoodoo has given them a massive boost.

Tosh justifies himself by worrying about a 6 year old club. :vrface:

We had a lot of fun at their expense with that hoodoo. I find it amusing that their tails are up with delusion that’s rife. We all know we’ll put them back in their place. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

And do what for goals? Since we’re apparently super skint. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Has Kyle said he's not open to a new contract, like?

39 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yeah, you're right. Football is a game of balance sheets and dividends.

If you want to look at footballers like assets to be bought and sold, rather than individuals asked to win football matches, go ahead. But I prefer to see us win football matches, like.

16 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, we shouldn't ignore it.

Which is why, in my opinion, we should be offering Laff the opportunity to finish his career here.

13 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I've no insider knowledge on his situation at all. But people keep saying we should sell him before he leaves on a free.

Which leads me to the point that we should offer him a bumper new deal to stay.

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

According to what? The Sun?

Laff has repeatedly said he is enjoying life here.

You got this covered. 

Some of the folk keen to sell Lafferty are the ones demanding improvement on the field. 

You couldn't make some of the stuff up. 

They'd be the first on here crying if we did sell him then missed his goals. 

Would blame CL and Ann for putting money before football. 

Cracking stuff. 

We_are_the_Hearts

Don't give a **** about balance sheets. Just want to see a winning team on the park. Lafferty to stay. 

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Absolutely spot on.

i wish jj was my dad

What Des and Bez sez is where I am at on the pish Tosh puts up with.  While not agreeing with Tosh I can see where he comes from. Coming in a Hearts forum and slagging the club and its employees and then greeting about being called out for it is much worse. Aligning yourself with people who openly want to lose derbies trumps even that.

3 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

You got this covered. 

Some of the folk keen to sell Lafferty are the ones demanding improvement on the field. 

You couldn't make some of the stuff up. 

They'd be the first on here crying if we did sell him then missed his goals. 

Would blame CL and Ann for putting money before football. 

Cracking stuff. 

I think you're making this up for dramatic effect.

Someone considering the possibility/reality of KL being sold is not the same as being keen for him to be sold.

Personally, I would rather keep him but if a big offer of say £750k+ comes in, the club would be foolish not to consider it favourably as he is in the last year of his contract.

We turned down a sizeable offer for Paterson and he got injured.  We ended up getting peanuts for him.  Do we really want to take that risk again especially when we have signed two CFs and are reportedly interested in another.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Someone considering the possibility/reality of KL being sold is not the same as being keen for him to be sold.

Personally, I would rather keep him but if a big offer of say £750k+ comes in, the club would be foolish not to consider it favourably as he is in the last year of his contract.

We turned down a sizeable offer for Paterson and he got injured.  We ended up getting peanuts for him.  Do we really want to take that risk again especially when we have signed two CFs and are reportedly interested in another.

I would absolutely take that risk, although I do appreciate what you are saying. I wouldn’t be making a decision like that based on the possibility of a player getting injured. It’s statistically far more likely he won’t get a season ending injury, and we will have his contribution on the park to look forward to instead. I’m not happy with the idea of getting rid of a player who we know makes a good contribution, for a roll of the dice. Next season we will have paid the stand and pitch off, so we should have more money to spend anyway. Keeping guys that you know do a job until then is imperative for me.

5 minutes ago, Bez said:

I would absolutely take that risk, although I do appreciate what you are saying. I wouldn’t be making a decision like that based on the possibility of a player getting injured. It’s statistically far more likely he won’t get a season ending injury, and we will have his contribution on the park to look forward to instead. I’m not happy with the idea of getting rid of a player who we know makes a good contribution, for a roll of the dice. Next season we will have paid the stand and pitch off, so we should have more money to spend anyway. Keeping guys that you know do a job until then is imperative for me.

Are you saying you would not sell him under any circumstances

or

under what circumstances would you sell him?

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Are you saying you would not sell him under any circumstances

or

under what circumstances would you sell him?

No, I’m saying it would take an offer that we would be unlikely to attract. I think his value to us on the park far outreaches his monetary worth in the eyes of a buying club. Therefor, for me, it’d have to be a pretty outlandish offer to make me want to sell. It’d have to be for the sort of figure that allowed us to replace him with a pretty ‘sure thing’ so it was minimal risk, and I’d also want us to have enough left over to further enhance the squad. Otherwise I don’t think it’s worth selling him, and too risky at a crucial time for the club.

Edited by Bez

They way I look at it is this.

Where would we have been last season without his goals? Certainly bottom 6. 

16 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Big time.

Even goals aside, his presence in games and awareness was enough to help us on !

19 minutes ago, Bez said:

No, I’m saying it would take an offer that we would be unlikely to attract. I think his value to us on the park far outreaches his monetary worth in the eyes of a buying club. Therefor, for me, it’d have to be a pretty outlandish offer to make me want to sell. It’d have to be for the sort of figure that allowed us to replace him with a pretty ‘sure thing’ so it was minimal risk, and I’d also want us to have enough left over to further enhance the squad. Otherwise I don’t think it’s worth selling him, and too risky at a crucial time for the club.

Whatever "outlandish" means in monetary terms!

Just state a figure because it seems we are agreed - it's just a question of degree.

As regards your 2nd sentence I think you're trying to suggest we won't receive a decent offer.  Well that's OK - we don't sell.

19 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Is that a fact or a guess?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

It can't be a fact, Al, but it a very educated guess. No Laff in the team last season ?

Perish the thought !

This thread is hilarious. We now have people who were moaning at every turn about the lack of quality in Leveins team now urging the club to sell our top goal scorer. 

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

It can't be a fact, Al, but it a very educated guess. No Laff in the team last season ?

Perish the thought !

The same applies with McLaughlin but we're losing him and will have to make do and mend with no fee!

Perish the thought also if we hadn't had Berra last season.

PS - Fot the benefit of Deevers I am certainly not URGING us to sell KL.  I am suggesting we should CONSIDER any sizeable offer (IMO £750k+) bearing in mind his contract is running down.

Consider means that we shall have thought out likely replacements, not only for his position, and the size of the fee.  Is it worth it?  A key factor with any bid is what the player and his agent think since it would be of no benefit to keep a discontented player.

PhoenixHearts
17 hours ago, Daveandal said:

Thank you for getting is back on track.

Does anybody think the World Cup might have an effect on sales?

Personally no. But I could understand anargument for.

Could see an argument for it yeah... I've already bought my ST, but I can envisage a scenario where I watch the world cup, game after game and just get sucked in to football to the point of obsession and not wanting to go without football for any serious length of time. The world cup ends just about as our league cup fixtures begin, then it's on to the regular season. I can see the total exposure to the game over the summer may remind a few just why they love the game (regardless of all the negative pish on here) and a few fence sitters might end up making decisions.

On 13/06/2018 at 14:42, Frank1874 said:

Forgot about that one :facepalm:

It didn’t upset me, I just think it’s a huge overreaction and as such expect other posters to rightly pull you up for them.

Den’s Park in 1986 was sickening for those old enough to have been there and would be an appropriate usage of that word in a footballing sense. Some of last season’s away performances were poor and disappointing but you’ve clearly not experienced much genuine heartbreak if you found them sickening.

Get a grip Frankie Boy wedon't all feel things the same way. Should everybody mimic your feelings. I DON'T THINK SO.

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Get a grip Frankie Boy wedon't all feel things the same way. Should everybody mimic your feelings. I DON'T THINK SO.

I’m sickened by your post

:sob:

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

We turned down a sizeable offer for Paterson and he got injured.  We ended up getting peanuts for him.  Do we really want to take that risk again especially when we have signed two CFs and are reportedly interested in s baanother.

I suppose it depends whether you view a player for his worth to the team or his worth to the club's bank balance.

We are never going to win anything if we have to build a new squad every season.

It's no good having a team of strangers.

43 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Whatever "outlandish" means in monetary terms!

Just state a figure because it seems we are agreed - it's just a question of degree.

As regards your 2nd sentence I think you're trying to suggest we won't receive a decent offer.  Well that's OK - we don't sell.

Anything over £1m is probably outlandish, I would say. Even then though, I’d be keeping him unless it was quite a bit over that. It’d need to be enough money to be sure we could replace him with a guy who would match his goals tally, and still leave some left over to complete deals for Milinkovic and Naismith. 

I don’t think we will receive an offer that would be sufficient to do all of the above. If we do, and Kyle wants to go, then I’d be happy. If we just receive enough to replace him with a real gamble, then I’d not be overly happy. I’d get over it and live with it, but I’d hope the club wouldn’t deal.

39 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I suppose it depends whether you view a player for his worth to the team or his worth to the club's bank balance.

We are never going to win anything if we have to build a new squad every season.

It's no good having a team of strangers.

It also depends on whether you take a short term view or a longer one.  If KL wanted to go in a deal that was considered financially worthwhile for both parties we might be able to replace him with a player who is younger and put that player on a 2 or 3 year contract.  That is a judgment the manager would have to make.  As things stand we either get KL to extend his contract or get nowt for him at the end of the season and if (per the Sun) his agent is testing the waters, as he is entitled to do, that could suggest he feels any offer we have made could be bettered elsewhere.

You may be right about the team of strangers but that is a product of our recent history and near demise.  Did someone not tell Fergie he'd never win the league with a team of youngsters?  Might be the same with strangers.

44 minutes ago, Bez said:

Anything over £1m is probably outlandish, I would say. Even then though, I’d be keeping him unless it was quite a bit over that. It’d need to be enough money to be sure we could replace him with a guy who would match his goals tally, and still leave some left over to complete deals for Milinkovic and Naismith. 

I don’t think we will receive an offer that would be sufficient to do all of the above. If we do, and Kyle wants to go, then I’d be happy. If we just receive enough to replace him with a real gamble, then I’d not be overly happy. I’d get over it and live with it, but I’d hope the club wouldn’t deal.

So you agree.  It 's just a matter of degree with the price.

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

So you agree.  It 's just a matter of degree with the price.

Well, aye. I agree with that bit. Was more the wee details that contained the devil though, mate. That’s why I tried to explain my opinion in the long-winded way I did. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Bez said:

Well, aye. I agree with that bit. Was more the wee details that contained the devil though, mate. That’s why I tried to explain my opinion in the long-winded way I did. :lol:

Just as a matter of interest what was the devil that was contained in the details?

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Just as a matter of interest what was the devil that was contained in the details?

Mainly the £1m price tag that was being banded about, but also the stuff about having to sell if we got a decent offer. The detail being what constitutes a decent offer. For me, it would have to be an “outlandish” offer, otherwise it would be too risky as he is worth a great deal to us in goals over a season.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

£750k?

Nah, he's worth more than that to us. 

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You seriously suggesting we would have made top 6 without his goals?

19 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

You seriously suggesting we would have made top 6 without his goals?

How could I, you or anyone else tell that.  One can only best guess.