Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

I think we will get to around 12.8k by the time the season starts. A little disappointing, but not too shabby considering the 6th place finish and some uninspiring performances away from home. I will though, be pleasantly surprised if we manage to get over the 13k mark.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get a good start in the League cup campaign with the new signings in place and that will bring a lot of optimism our way

All those who still have doubts are waiting for is just a little bit of hope to convince them that there will be change and change for the better

Win the league cup ties and the opening league match and they (rather than he) will come

scott herbertson
20 hours ago, innerjambo said:

I think we will get to around 12.8k by the time the season starts. A little disappointing, but not too shabby considering the 6th place finish and some uninspiring performances away from home. I will though, be pleasantly surprised if we manage to get over the 13k mark.

I think we’ll do slightly better than that. Around 13,000 by the time of the league cup games. Would be a good effort considering the poor performance last season, new stand seats easily available for walk up etc.

Count at 6.30pm tonight.

Wheatfield   -    1021

Roseburn     -    1206

Main             -      787

Gorgie          -      564

Total             -    3578

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, 12,356 sold.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, JALBO said:

Count at 6.30pm tonight.

Wheatfield   -    1021

Roseburn     -    1206

Main             -      787

Gorgie          -      564

Total             -    3578

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, 12,356 sold.

29 up on the last count, I think. Enzo's fantasy of a 15% drop becomes more of a long-forgotten dream as each day goes by!

30 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

29 up on the last count, I think. Enzo's fantasy of a 15% drop becomes more of a long-forgotten dream as each day goes by!

The pace seems to have picked up recently which is encouraging. Interestingly, the club still haven't started selling Hospitality Season Passes as far as I can see - they were on sale in the first half of June last year. So hopefully there's quite a bit to come between regular, hospitality, and wheelchair. blind and PA sales. I'd be confident the final total will be beyond 13,000.

5 minutes ago, JALBO said:

The pace seems to have picked up recently which is encouraging. Interestingly, the club still haven't started selling Hospitality Season Passes as far as I can see - they were on sale in the first half of June last year. So hopefully there's quite a bit to come between regular, hospitality, and wheelchair. blind and PA sales. I'd be confident the final total will be beyond 13,000.

Still 2 paydays before the season starts too. 

41 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

What is our record number of STs sold? 13.5k or something like that?

14,000+ ;last season. Just under 14,000 the season before. Think we've had a few other 13,000 plus seasons too, and we had the legendary 13,500 + waiting list of 6,000 back in 2006.

Jambos_1874
26 minutes ago, JALBO said:

14,000+ ;last season. Just under 14,000 the season before. Think we've had a few other 13,000 plus seasons too, and we had the legendary 13,500 + waiting list of 6,000 back in 2006.

Thanks. So still a reasonable effort by the fans despite a few poor seasons. 

When you think about how many were on that waiting list back in 2006 it makes you realise just how much latent support there is out there. I wouldn't call us a sleeping giant but there is certainly potential there. 

3 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Thanks. So still a reasonable effort by the fans despite a few poor seasons. 

When you think about how many were on that waiting list back in 2006 it makes you realise just how much latent support there is out there. I wouldn't call us a sleeping giant but there is certainly potential there. 

It slightly annoys me how many people who say they follow Hearts in Edinburgh yet don't go to a single game all season.

5 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

It slightly annoys me how many people who say they follow Hearts in Edinburgh yet don't go to a single game all season.

We have always had a huge fair weather support.  I can think of at least a dozen people I know who claim to be Hearts supporters who have not been to a game for years.  Some of them are the most vociferous in their opinions on the team, management and what ha e you when they join in a conversation about the club. Arseholes the lot of them!

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Nah everyone who wanted one had bought one 2 weeks ago... 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

We have always had a huge fair weather support.  I can think of at least a dozen people I know who claim to be Hearts supporters who have not been to a game for years.  Some of them are the most vociferous in their opinions on the team, management and what ha e you when they join in a conversation about the club. Arseholes the lot of them!

That's the problem, the fair weathers don't even come at all now!

FarmerTweedy
43 minutes ago, JALBO said:

I think it was around 13,700 full/cat B season tickets last season. The 14k mark wasn't passed until half-season tickets went on sale and were added into the total in November-ish.

FarmerTweedy
1 minute ago, Gershwin said:

And yet we've still been achieving higher attendances recently than we had in years!

By the light
9 minutes ago, Deevers said:

These helmets should be made to contribute £10 a month to FOH or Have their tongues cut out. I know a fair rake of them too. Pony up or keep quiet please. Wanks. 

It was only 12 years ago that we had been averaging between 10k to 12k crowds per season for most years.

People have short memories

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

10 (TEN)  - 15 %. Hardly a fantasy Farmer.  The sales are down to a trickle and you appear to be celebrating 29 being sold in 2 days . :jj_facepalm:

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The sales are down to a trickle and you appear to be celebrating 29 being sold in 2 days . 

Depends what you call a trickle I guess.

Daily sales will vary (29 in 2 days, but 28 in the previous day - an average of around 20 per day currently) - but that current rate is enough to give us roughly another 1,000 STs before our first game against Celtic. And the likelihood is that the rate will increase through July as there are a lot of people who don't like paying for things until they have to!

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Daily sales will vary (29 in 2 days, but 28 in the previous day - an average of around 20 per day currently) - but that current rate is enough to give us roughly another 1,000 STs before our first game against Celtic. And the likelihood is that the rate will increase through July as there are a lot of people who don't like paying for things until they have to!

Don't go bringing troublesome facts into it, you'll upset him!

12,300+ is great considering its still June.

Looking set to pass the 13,000 mark. Historically one of our greatest seasons ever season ticket wise.

Edited by Daveandal

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Still folk replying to the obvious...? :lol:

It's like a Daily Mail comments section, this thread. 

Been a bit tetchy for a while.

I suppose, with the ST numbers in mind, we could chip in with what we think the average attendance may be next season ?

I'm going for 17K !

If it's around that, or even 16K, it kinda negates all these wee spats, does it not ?

Money's money, folks !

?

10 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Some do when it looks like we are going to get to a final. Others like to sit in their houses and watch the televised games then join in conversations speaking as though they are some sort of knowledgable authority on all things Hearts. Sitting in the pub the other night and the conversation turned to the way the club had prospered under AB and one particular clown decided he really thought things should have been done better. I might add he contributed sod all during our administration period, has not been to a game for years, and is not a FoH contributer. He could not understand why his right to have any opinion on the club was rubbished.

Our average gate will reflect our results as per usual. Levein really does need to produce this season. The decision to ejaculate 13 million quid on a new stand  may start to look a little foolish if not.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Our average gate will reflect our results as per usual. Levein really does need to produce this season. The decision to ejaculate 13 million quid on a new stand  may start to look a little foolish if not.

It needed replacing either way and should be paid for soon.  Not foolish. 

Bad Religion
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

:vrface:

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This! Folk seem to forget that the old stand was costing us six figures every year in maintenance...

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The stand needed replaced. It only just made the safety standards the season before. What would have been foolish would have been ignoring that and finding ourselves with a main stand that we were prohibited from using on safety grounds.

This thread is a car crash. 

But to re-cap it seems we've sold almost 12,400 STs compared to a final total of 13,700 last year? 1300 sales needed to match last season's record-breaking total and there is still the best part of seven weeks until the first home game?

Forgive me if I don't wet my nickers at the projected very small drop-off in sales. Considering the clamour for the new stand last season and some of the god-awful football we suffered, I'd say the figures so far are astonishing. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Its a nice idea, Boab. Avoiding the tedium...wonder if it'll catch on...

I think 16-16.5k, is feasible as an average.

Yip. 

32 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Some do when it looks like we are going to get to a final. Others like to sit in their houses and watch the televised games then join in conversations speaking as though they are some sort of knowledgable authority on all things Hearts. Sitting in the pub the other night and the conversation turned to the way the club had prospered under AB and one particular clown decided he really thought things should have been done better. I might add he contributed sod all during our administration period, has not been to a game for years, and is not a FoH contributer. He could not understand why his right to have any opinion on the club was rubbished.

Well said.

Everyone can have an opinion but some deserve to be ridiculed.

16 minutes ago, Strachsuit said:

This! Folk seem to forget that the old stand was costing us six figures every year in maintenance...

I thought that was common knowledge !

Seemingly not !

132goals1958
9 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

True and they are also aware with the increased capacity they can more or less get a ticket as and when they want.

56 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

£13 (+) million though Dave? Really?

47 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The stand needed replaced. It only just made the safety standards the season before. What would have been foolish would have been ignoring that and finding ourselves with a main stand that we were prohibited from using on safety grounds.

As above.

davemclaren

The stand isn’t for this or the next few seasons though. It’s for the next 50 or so!!

I am pretty sue I did not comment on whether I agreed with it being replaced – of course it did.  We will look foolish having an English Premiership quality stand designed for thousands more than our average gate, hospitality for ‘big nights’ etc when we are a losing team and will be empty most weeks.  That is my issue and think we could look foolish if we do not get results and performances.  It was a grand project – no doubt, one we are struggling with financially and worst case scenario will not be able to fulfill it’s potential due to a poor football team (the actual bottom line).

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The stand isn’t for this or the next few seasons though. It’s for the next 50 or so!!

I get that, but it could become a huge luxury.

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What figure would you have spent on a new stand?  (genuine question)

Would you have included any hospitality/retail facilities?

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am pretty sue I did not comment on whether I agreed with it being replaced – of course it did.  We will look foolish having an English Premiership quality stand designed for thousands more than our average gate, hospitality for ‘big nights’ etc when we are a losing team and will be empty most weeks.  That is my issue and think we could look foolish if we do not get results and performances.  It was a grand project – no doubt, one we are struggling with financially and worst case scenario will not be able to fulfill it’s potential due to a poor football team (the actual bottom line).

Are you suggesting we should've built a stand that didn't give us any opportunity to grow our home support and just cater for the hospitality we currently have demand for?

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

What figure would you have spent on a new stand?  (genuine question)

Would you have included any hospitality/retail facilities?

Not as grand scale - no point for a club our size.  You could build a stadium for £13 million if sensible.  This project has stretched our resources and went over budget since day one.  

Just now, fabienleclerq said:

Are you suggesting we should've built a stand that didn't give us any opportunity to grow our home support and just cater for the hospitality we currently have demand for?

I think the stand will be amazing if we concentrate more on the bottom line – putting a successful football team on the park.  Having 400 RBS staff for a Christmas party and having a wedding reception is great business and all, but having an empty stand making no money on matchday will make us look foolish.

The Apprentice

But we were not building a like for like replacement of the Wheatfield. The new stand incorporates a new supporters bar, a ticket office/club shop, nursery, plus corporate facilities which in time should help make us money 7 days a week, not just on matchdays. The scale is a massive statement of intent from the club and in the coming years should allow us to grow revenue which in turn will help with funds for performance on the pitch.

14 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

But we were not building a like for like replacement of the Wheatfield. The new stand incorporates a new supporters bar, a ticket office/club shop, nursery, plus corporate facilities which in time should help make us money 7 days a week, not just on matchdays. The scale is a massive statement of intent from the club and in the coming years should allow us to grow revenue which in turn will help with funds for performance on the pitch.

Apart from it being poorly managed and going way over budget, at this point in time I am extremely happy. for one it looks outstanding.  I will repeat though, if we are not winning games or selling out, it will make us look foolish.  This thread alone is proving it.  Poor season ticket sales and talking about average attendances of 16-17k, I mean wtf. We will never utilise our new stand and amazing stadium if we are not getting results on the field, surely no-one can disagree with that.  That, I guess is my main point.

Edited by i8hibsh