Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

"Some" people just don't want us to sell as many/more season tickets as/than our neighbours.

Desperation for "some" sort of bragging rights.

They should be launched.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

"Some" people just don't want us to sell as many/more season tickets as/than our neighbours.

They should be launched.

:spoton:

Alex Kintner

I predict our ST sales for season 2019/20 will be 100% down on the previous season. As we have currently sold no STs for season 2019/20 then I’m bang on the money. 

:verysmug:

132goals1958
9 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

They should be launched.

Yes one does get that impression . It is almost if they are willing the numbers to be down. An unhealthy obsession. in some cases.

11 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

I predict our ST sales for season 2019/20 will be 100% down on the previous season. As we have currently sold no STs for season 2019/20 then I’m bang on the money. 

monkeygiggle.gif

18 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

They should be launched.

Really ......

Enzo Chiefo
43 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

But Frankie doesnt do "massive exaggeration". You"re all over the place fella. That's my valid opinion by the way.

Alex Kintner
38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But Frankie doesnt do "massive exaggeration". You"re all over the place fella. That's my valid opinion by the way.

Yeah, I’m definitely the one out of the two of us that’s all over the place. ;)

1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Was going to post something similar (without the smug smiley to be fair?) but going by Enzo’s logic, at 9:00 on the first morning of sales this year, we were 100% down on last years sales. But who would use such a crazy way of thinking..?

Thats just mental?

Edited by Mr Sifter

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Just because you say your opinion is valid does not make it so. 

20 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Was going to post something similar (without the smug smiley to be fair?) but going by Enzo’s logic, at 9:00 on the first morning of sales this year, we were 100% down on last years sales. But who would use such a crazy way of thinking..?

Thats just mental?

Spot on.

Lets see where we are when the league kicks off.  I know we sold about a thousand after that last year, though.

Ministry of Football
5 hours ago, Boab said:

I said 12.5K way back and i'm sticking with it.

Good thing is, a good run will increase walk ups, which will bring more money in.

In saying all that, most home attendances will be 16K or thereabouts with Cat As up at 19K

All good.

So about 1000 down on last year or say £300,000. 

Why are you happy with this huge drop. Walk-ups are not guaranteed and you significantly less likely to sell out now on bigger games. 

The thought of not getting in to see a game is a great incentive for people to buy tickets. 

Something has caused the drop and it needs to be sorted. 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Ministry of Football said:

Why are you happy with this huge drop. Walk-ups are not guaranteed and you significantly less likely to sell out now on bigger games. 

The thought of not getting in to see a game is a great incentive for people to buy tickets. 

Any ideas what that something might be and, potentially, what can and might already be being done to sort it then?

4 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

I'm not skipping doon the street singing Zippity Do Dah !

Who say's i'm happy ?

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

It's called fickle football fans , don't worry when team winning they'll be back 

Ministry of Football
1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Any ideas what that something might be and, potentially, what can and might already be being done to sort it then?

I personally think the manager is the cause.

Despite what many on here may think, Levein is not universally popular. His management of Cathro and the entire last season were an absolute shambles. 

The crowds dropped the last time he was here as well, so he has a track record of costing the club money. 

Our fixtures are excellent for next season, so if we are not top 3 after the first round of fixtures, he should be removed. 

He has had all the chances he is going to get and huge drops in season ticket sales are the results. 

11 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Welcome back after your hiatus, what kept you?

12 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

The most obvious "account" change in the history of JKB :)

Absolutely laughable!!

Edited by VladMagic

13 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Of course he doesn't.

Oh actually he did but it was rather predictable in the end.

Edited by Notts1874

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Of course he doesn't.

Benefit of the doubt and all that Notts.

:whistling:

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

Benefit of the doubt and all that Notts.

:whistling:

Edited my post now. I wonder if he has bought his season ticket?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Edited my post now. I wonder if he has bought his season ticket?

Not until Levein is gone I would reckon.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Unless we've sold 12.6k, our ST sales are between 10-15% down on last seaaon"s total. That is factually correct. Last update from the club was 10k but bizarrely its all gone quiet from them. Dot counters indicate 12250 have been sold.

We didn't sell 14,000 season tickets last year, so don't need to reach a total of 12.6k to be less than 10% down on last season's total, so your 'factually correct' statement is actually incorrect, which is at least consistent for you! 

Also, you predicted that season ticket sales would end up 10-15% down, not that they'd be 10-15% down around the middle of June.

You really should consider seeking psychiatric help while there's still some hope that you actually can be helped!

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Despite what many on here may think, Levein is not universally popular. His management of Cathro and the entire last season were an absolute shambles. 

The crowds dropped the last time he was here as well, so he has a track record of costing the club money. 

Our fixtures are excellent for next season, so if we are not top 3 after the first round of fixtures, he should be removed. 

He has had all the chances he is going to get and huge drops in season ticket sales are the results. 

Could really go a gin right now. Wonder what put that idea in my head? :whistling:

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Budge will act if he causes the club to loose significant revenue, ST sales are crucial to decent player recruitment , walks up always depend on just how well the team are doing, again CLs responsibility, he is not immune from being removed.

FTH.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Why's AoA changed his name? He been a naughty Hibs loving boy?

I reckon it’s a certain popular gin brand myself...

Just now, Barack said:

Why's AoA changed his name? He been a naughty Hibs loving boy?

I think the whole "I want Hibs to win" thing has caused the remaining parts of his brain to self destruct.

The lengths these idiots go to to post is extreme!!

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

I predict that from season 2020-21 onwards, for the rest of eternity, our total season ticket sales will be 100% down on 2017-18 sales.

As we've not sold any season tickets for seasons from 2020-21 onwards yet, I'm 100% bang on the cash!!!

Life in Enzoworld!

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I predict that from season 2020-21 onwards, for the rest of eternity, our total season ticket sales will be 100% down on 2017-18 sales.

As we've not sold any season tickets for seasons from 2020-21 onwards yet, I'm 100% bang on the cash!!!

Life in Enzoworld!

:lol:

FarmerTweedy
29 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

The fact that it's currently mid-June needs to be sorted?  Tell you what, give it about a month and a half, and if it's still mid-June then, put down your crayons, pop back on this thread, and we'll discuss the options for sorting it!

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

That would be us selling from 11900 to 12600.

Given there's six and a half weeks until the start of the season, I'd say you're bang off the money:laugh:

We will ship a few hundred half season tickets at Christmas as well.

50 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

You forgot to factor in the abhorrent price increase that ruins your sums:laugh:

Edited by Rudolf

41 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

When was the last time we had a universally popular manager?

Certainly wasn't Cathro or Neilson and yet we had record season ticket sales then.

The only way Levein is going to be removed is if Hearts lose games. 

Usually I'd say no Hearts fans would want that, but a precident was set. Are we going to see people campaign for Hearts to lose until Levein is gone?

Gavsy Van Gaverson
3 minutes ago, Daveandal said:

The only way Levein is going to be removed is if Hearts lose games. 

Usually I'd say no Hearts fans would want that, but a precident was set. Are we going to see people campaign for Hearts to lose until Levein is gone?

Not people. Simpletons.

old school tie
57 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We will ship a few hundred half season tickets at Christmas as well.

And you base this on what?

132goals1958
1 hour ago, Ministry of Football said:

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

I reckon it’s a certain popular gin brand myself...

Lose track of which tramp is which

JamboGraham

I wasn’t going to discuss money on this thread as it more of a Hibs thing to do but I see a new member has suggested that we could be £300k down on season ticket income compared to last year.

We all know that actual ticket income is challenging to analyse due to variations between ticket types and price bands. With some study of previous financial accounts and season ticket campaign information you do start to see trends and can apply some general findings.

Our club were a little liberal with the “just over £1 extra per game” line in the season ticket brochure. In fact it is nearer £2 per game on average.  Many season tickets have increased by around 6%. What hasn’t been publicised is that the majority in the main stand are paying an additional 22% this time round. This is already on top of a 23% increase for the same group last year.

I am happy to take the dot counters figure of 12,250 season tickets sold. The value of 12,250 tickets sold this year compared to last year is approximately £416k more.

If we don’t sell any additional season tickets this year our income will be down in the region of £114k. This is using the (record) figure of 13,700 tickets sold last year. It is important to note that the 14,000 total was topped up by half season tickets so we should save that particular debate until we are ready to spread some JKB festive cheer.

Another recent question on this thread has been, what have the club done wrong? Again this depends on context. If the club objective was to sell more season tickets and perhaps beat the season end figure of 14k from last year then they have got it wrong.

Putting tickets on sale so early in the year with no early purchase incentive is unusual. In contrast our neighbours across the city offered early bird discounts in the region of 8%, this was on top of regular pricing that is already significantly cheaper than our offering. Hibs also offered their season long finance deal at 0% interest funded by the club. If we look at Aberdeen they also offer cheaper standard pricing, early bird discounts and an additional early bird discount if you are a contributing member of their foundation scheme.

What Hearts will likely achieve this season ticket campaign is less season tickets sold but at a higher price point. If we sell another 285 tickets then we will have the same overall income as last year whilst freeing an additional 1,465 seats for walk up availability (and pricing) in the season to come.

Individual views on this will vary of course. If this was calculated and planned by the club then assuming we sell an additional 285 tickets then it is an incredible piece of work from our marketing and ticketing teams. To sell fewer units and maintain income is the sales jackpot. If we sell more than 285 before the start of the season then these teams deserve bonuses.

FarmerTweedy
14 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I wasn’t going to discuss money on this thread as it more of a Hibs thing to do but I see a new member has suggested that we could be £300k down on season ticket income compared to last year.

We all know that actual ticket income is challenging to analyse due to variations between ticket types and price bands. With some study of previous financial accounts and season ticket campaign information you do start to see trends and can apply some general findings.

Our club were a little liberal with the “just over £1 extra per game” line in the season ticket brochure. In fact it is nearer £2 per game on average.  Many season tickets have increased by around 6%. What hasn’t been publicised is that the majority in the main stand are paying an additional 22% this time round. This is already on top of a 23% increase for the same group last year.

I am happy to take the dot counters figure of 12,250 season tickets sold. The value of 12,250 tickets sold this year compared to last year is approximately £416k more.

If we don’t sell any additional season tickets this year our income will be down in the region of £114k. This is using the (record) figure of 13,700 tickets sold last year. It is important to note that the 14,000 total was topped up by half season tickets so we should save that particular debate until we are ready to spread some JKB festive cheer.

Another recent question on this thread has been, what have the club done wrong? Again this depends on context. If the club objective was to sell more season tickets and perhaps beat the season end figure of 14k from last year then they have got it wrong.

Putting tickets on sale so early in the year with no early purchase incentive is unusual. In contrast our neighbours across the city offered early bird discounts in the region of 8%, this was on top of regular pricing that is already significantly cheaper than our offering. Hibs also offered their season long finance deal at 0% interest funded by the club. If we look at Aberdeen they also offer cheaper standard pricing, early bird discounts and an additional early bird discount if you are a contributing member of their foundation scheme.

What Hearts will likely achieve this season ticket campaign is less season tickets sold but at a higher price point. If we sell another 285 tickets then we will have the same overall income as last year whilst freeing an additional 1,465 seats for walk up availability (and pricing) in the season to come.

Individual views on this will vary of course. If this was calculated and planned by the club then assuming we sell an additional 285 tickets then it is an incredible piece of work from our marketing and ticketing teams. To sell fewer units and maintain income is the sales jackpot. If we sell more than 285 before the start of the season then these teams deserve bonuses.

Can anyone explain to me why some people are so keen to keep repeating the bullshit in bold as if it was actual fact?

JamboGraham
5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Can anyone explain to me why some people are so keen to keep repeating the bullshit in bold as if it was actual fact?

Assume that is aimed at me as I made the comment, are you stating that 18/19 season tickets for Easter Road are not cheaper than Tynecastle?

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Assume that is aimed at me as I made the comment, are you stating that 18/19 season tickets for Easter Road are not cheaper than Tynecastle?

It was proven  on AoA’s abhorrent thread that there’s not much in it. 

1 hour ago, old school tie said:

And you base this on what?

Previous years sales.  A few are always bought as Christmas presents. Half season tickets are popular. No reason to think we won’t sell any.

JamboGraham
4 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

It was proven  on AoA’s abhorrent thread that there’s not much in it. 

Will attempt to find that as would be interested to read and understand the analysis offered.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Think most Adult tickets for Hibs are around the £365 mark? 

But most purchased are concession tickets. The reason they have no money.

Ripping their own club off. It's the Hibs way.

10 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

But most purchased are concession tickets. The reason they have no money.

Ripping their own club off. It's the Hibs way.

Any stats on that? Be interested to know.

Unless it's just what you wish to be true?

By the light
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Any stats on that? Be interested to know.

Unless it's just what you wish to be true?

I’ve no stats but I know of a group of 6 who go and they’ve all got student or older concessions. All should have a full adult.

I’m sure we’ve got folk doing the same.