Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I get most points above but look at it this way.  We have done nothing but rip the pish out of the Hobos since they upsized.  Why? Becasue they looked foolish as could not sell it out.  I just do not want us to go down that route.

I really don’t give a monkeys what they think. The stand was built a) out of necessity and b ) as part of a sound business plan to take the Club forward.

Surely you’re not that thin skinned to be remotely fussedf about a few jibes from some ignorant tubes across town?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, Boab said:

Been a bit tetchy for a while.

I suppose, with the ST numbers in mind, we could chip in with what we think the average attendance may be next season ?

I'm going for 17K !

If it's around that, or even 16K, it kinda negates all these wee spats, does it not ?

Money's money, folks !

?

18,469 is my prediction, for league games only though, and assuming we get each of hibs, celtic, Aberdeen and sevco twice at Tynecastle!

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

£13 (+) million though Dave? Really?

Cheap as chips for the facilities it's providing to the club!

i8hibsh is the worst.

Is there ever a debate where he/she doesn’t tie themselves in knots with the utter guff they post.

We’re making ourselves look foolish because we can’t fill 20,000 seats every home game......

What a shambles of a poster.

Just now, DH1986 said:

i8hibsh is the worst.

Is there ever a debate where he/she doesn’t tie themselves in knots with the utter guff they post.

We’re making ourselves look foolish because we can’t fill 20,000 seats every home game......

What a shambles of a poster.

So we never laughed at Hibs then?

How is it different?

FarmerTweedy

I am pretty sue I did not comment on whether I agreed with it being replaced – of course it did.  We will look foolish having an English Premiership quality stand designed for thousands more than our average gate, hospitality for ‘big nights’ etc when we are a losing team and will be empty most weeks.  That is my issue and think we could look foolish if we do not get results and performances.  It was a grand project – no doubt, one we are struggling with financially and worst case scenario will not be able to fulfill it’s potential due to a poor football team (the actual bottom line).

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

An EPL club would have spent at least 5 times, and possibly 10 or 15 times, as much on building a new main stand!

Not as grand scale - no point for a club our size.  You could build a stadium for £13 million if sensible.  This project has stretched our resources and went over budget since day one.  

I genuinely can't tell if you're at it or delusional here!

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

OK, I shall simplify.

If we rarely sell out throughout history and recently have averaged 16-17k, then we increase our capacity to 20k in the hope we will fill it and we don't, we look foolish.

Note : I am chuffed to bits with our new 20k stadum.  But let's make it worthwhile ffs.

We'd only look foolish to idiots, and quite frankly, I'm not bothered about that. The new stand will be a huge benefit to the club over the next few decades. 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

How is it different?

I’m genuinely not getting involved in a debate with you. I’d be wasting my time.....your logics are flawed in almost every post you make. 

FarmerTweedy

I get most points above but look at it this way.  We have done nothing but rip the pish out of the Hobos since they upsized.  Why? Becasue they looked foolish as could not sell it out.  I just do not want us to go down that route.

We ripped the pish out of hibs because they were nowhere near filling the capacity they had before they expanded their ground. They (allegedly) only built their most recent stand as planning permission was about to lapse and they were concerned they wouldn't get permission again in the future.

We were regularly filling our capacity and needed more!

3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We ripped the pish out of hibs because they were nowhere near filling the capacity they had before they expanded their ground. They (allegedly) only built their most recent stand as planning permission was about to lapse and they were concerned they wouldn't get permission again in the future.

We were regularly filling our capacity and needed more!

Exactly.

Anyone who went to Easter Rd regularly over previous years, will know we gave them it tight over the many empty seats. 

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How is it different?

They had 12,000 in a 20,000 capacity stadium.

We had to renew  the Main Stand as it was on its arse , that was the main reason. , The increased attendance was a byproduct and has already allowed us to be watched by more fans at Tynecastle. 

3 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Our accounts said 13,700 (a record) for two seasons ago...last year we gave out prizes to supporters for selling 14,000.

I was being facetious as around 90% of this thread has been us arguing about how many have been, or might be, sold compared to last year. Consensus was reached a few pages ago that none of us knew exactly how many tickets had been sold in total, none of us knew exactly how many had been sold of each type, and none of us knew exactly how many had been sold by any specific dates.

Thanks ?

4 hours ago, Jamboelite said:

Its our first full season that we have a 20k stadium give us a chance ffs.

I could see the point if it was 12k avg we are talking but it isnt there is room for growth.

The primary reason for building the stand wasnt to increase capacity.

Oh yes it was because our old stand was past its sell by date but by increasing the capacity it gave us a chance to increase our hospitality, store, ticket office ect. A fine job has been done but now our top priority is bums on seats i'm sure we are all agreed on that.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Ah NYF,  hiya pal. Never recognised you there as you posted something that was not accusing someone of being a racist.

Swing and a miss.

22games nro
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

We had to renew  the Main Stand as it was on its arse , that was the main reason. , The increased attendance was a byproduct and has already allowed us to be watched by more fans at Tynecastle. 

Image result for hitting the nail on the head gif

davemclaren
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Oh yes it was because our old stand was past its sell by date but by increasing the capacity it gave us a chance to increase our hospitality, store, ticket office ect. A fine job has been done but now our top priority is bums on seats i'm sure we are all agreed on that.

I don’t think anyone would disagree with that. 

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Exactly Mitch. The old stand was needing replaced for years. Good money after bad thrown at it year after year. Now that we have the new one in place and the opportunity to fill it we need to ensure that we have a team on the pitch entertaining us and challenging for honours. That's the project now for AB and CL. 

8 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

OK, I shall simplify.

If we rarely sell out throughout history and recently have averaged 16-17k, then we increase our capacity to 20k in the hope we will fill it and we don't, we look foolish.

Note : I am chuffed to bits with our new 20k stadum.  But let's make it worthwhile ffs.

I think we would look pretty foolish if we built a new stand which wouldn't allow extra tickets to be sold for bigger games where there is more interest. If you are always at capacity then your stadium isn't big enough.

10 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

What figure would you have spent on a new stand?  (genuine question)

Would you have included any hospitality/retail facilities?

I realise I'm coming a bit late to this, but you are asking the man who reckoned the window cleaning contract would be worth100k per year.

27 minutes ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Hearts are doing just grand on and off the park.Only a moaning Minnie would see it other  wise 

You will find more than your fair share of meaning Minnie's on here.

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Haken said:

Moaning ones too!!

5 minutes ago, Haken said:

The on the park part is still to be witnessed. Off the park we are in a wonderful place. 

34 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I think we would look pretty foolish if we built a new stand which wouldn't allow extra tickets to be sold for bigger games where there is more interest. If you are always at capacity then your stadium isn't big enough.

As I have said, I am glad we built it. I love our new stand. We just need to improve on the field or we will be a team that stepped up to the plate off the field but not on it.

1 hour ago, jacklivi1874 said:

Hearts are doing just grand on and off the park.Only a moaning Minnie would see it other  wise 

Off yes. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
42 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Exactly, there were actually plenty shouting 20.000 wasn't enough 

scott herbertson
5 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

Record breaking for June? Record breaking of all time? Why no further announcement? 

They awarded the prizes so It’s reasonable to assume the target was met. I don’t disagree it would be odd if there was no announcement.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Fantastic haha.

I didn’t think it would work as it won’t open for me on this phone but it’s pretty funny :lol: 

its working now for some reason!!

Edited by 1874robbo

drumie jambo
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

I didn’t think it would work as it won’t open for me on this phone but it’s pretty funny :lol: 

its working now for some reason!!

??????????

10 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly, there were actually plenty shouting 20.000 wasn't enough 

I still don't think 20,000 is big enough. A Hearts team challenging and playing in Europe could easily handle a 23/24,000 stadium.

However that just was not possible. I love our new stand and can not wait till the start of the season.

11 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

They awarded the prizes so It’s reasonable to assume the target was met. I don’t disagree it would be odd if there was no announcement.

Yeah, you’re right. 

Count at 5pm tonight.

Wheatfield   -    1014

Roseburn     -    1203

Main             -      772

Gorgie          -      562

Total             -    3551

Based on 15,934 available seats for regular season tickets, 12,383 sold.

gorgie rd eh11
9 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Count at 5pm tonight.

Wheatfield   -    1014

Roseburn     -    1203

What are irregular season tickets?

12 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Disabled and their carers I would think. Plus Hospitality. 

gorgie rd eh11
Just now, Rudolf said:

Disabled and their carers I would think. Plus Hospitality. 

OK.

Is there no way of knowing how many hospitality and disabled tickets we've sold? Both categories will have grown with the opening of the new stand so still a few hundred? to be added to the total i would think.

12 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

'Regular' is only a word to describe seats I can actually count. 'Other' season tickets would include hospitality season passes, wheelchair, blind and PA season tickets, which we can't see on the Hearts eticketing site.  

2 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

OK.

Is there no way of knowing how many hospitality and disabled tickets we've sold? Both categories will have grown with the opening of the new stand so still a few hundred? to be added to the total i would think.

Last year, the difference between the 'regular' season tickets that we counted and the club's announced total seemed to be something like 350. So I think it's a fair assumption that those were the 'other' season tickets. So you're right - I would expect whatever figure we end up counting on here will be short by (hopefully!) 350 or more than the actual sales.

gorgie rd eh11
4 minutes ago, JALBO said:

'Regular' is only a word to describe seats I can actually count. 'Other' season tickets would include hospitality season passes, wheelchair, blind and PA season tickets, which we can't see on the Hearts eticketing site.  

Cheers, thanks for the info.

7 minutes ago, old school tie said:

When did the capacity reach 20,000:cornette_dog:

I think it's expected that the work to sort out the police box (which is currently being undertaken) will allow the seats in the wing of section T to be made available for sale so that our capacity goes past 20,000 for this season. I don't think I've seen any official announcement confirming this, but Ann Budge has said previously that we will have a 20,000+ capacity.

17 minutes ago, old school tie said:

When did the capacity reach 20,000:cornette_dog:

When Winston Churchill was Prime Minister.

58 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Count at 5pm tonight.

Wheatfield   -    1014

Roseburn     -    1203

Great job as always Jalbo. Is it possible to include the figure sold in the previous dot count in the latest dot count? Hard scrolling through all the drivel to see how many extra we have sold!