Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

FarmerTweedy
19 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Think most Adult tickets for Hibs are around the £365 mark? 

£405 actually. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

iwasthere1954
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But Frankie doesnt do "massive exaggeration". You"re all over the place fella. That's my valid opinion by the way.

"Fella". That's a word used by police officers or smart arse's. I wonder which one you are. Please let us all know. 

FarmerTweedy
33 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Assume that is aimed at me as I made the comment, are you stating that 18/19 season tickets for Easter Road are not cheaper than Tynecastle?

Some are less expensive, some are more expensive. Overall, there's not much difference. You'd know that if you'd compared the two sets of prices though!

3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

£405 actually. 

My mistake. Just a thought I've had however is that it may have been £365 in their early bird period. Think they sold over 9000 tickets in that period.

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Some are less expensive, some are more expensive. Overall, there's not much difference. You'd know that if you'd compared the two sets of prices though!

They have a flat rate of 405 throughout the stadium, only concessions pay less IIRC 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

They have a flat rate of 405 throughout the stadium, only concessions pay less IIRC 

Surely their 'early bird ' prices must have been cheaper than that and they said they sold 9000 at that price.

So not really a true comparison. 

FarmerTweedy
5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Surely their 'early bird ' prices must have been cheaper than that and they said they sold 9000 at that price.

My comment was aimed at the poster who claimed their regular prices were significantly cheaper than ours. He's not answered my question of why he made that claim yet!

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Haken said:

Definitely a whiff of Hibsricks about it.

Sure the usual suspects will be along to defend him saying he is just an honest jambo expressing a different opinion.  Free speech etc. That's how it usually works.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Yeah I think that was 365 as the guy said. We don't actually know how many bought at that price to be fair, seniors and kids are considerably less. 

I was only trying to say that there's no difference between seats, adults are 405 everywhere, less in the early bird of course. Made an arse of it though.

So is that guy Hen dicks?

JamboGraham
17 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

A fair point, I originally did a basic calculation but have now reworked based on levels of family/standard tickets available at Easter Road, against our different pricing bands.

Adult, Hearts are 1.4% more expensive on average.

Senior, Hearts are 16% more expensive on average.

Student, Hearts are 31% more expensive on average.

Youth, Hearts are 7% more expensive on average.

Child, Hibs are 46.5 more expensive on average.

We have a slightly more complex youth pricing structure so again you have to apply averages. Agree there is not much in it for an adult ticket, the variation is across the next highest revenue groups Seniors and Students.

I am happy to amend my original post and acknowledge that Easter Road is not significantly cheaper, but it is cheaper. The only exception being children's tickets which is the lowest revenue ticket and could perhaps be argued as an investment in the future.

7 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

A fair point, I originally did a basic calculation but have now reworked based on levels of family/standard tickets available at Easter Road, against our different pricing bands.

We have a slightly more complex youth pricing structure so again you have to apply averages. Agree there is not much in it for an adult ticket, the variation is across the next highest revenue groups Seniors and Students.

I am happy to amend my original post and acknowledge that Easter Road is not significantly cheaper, but it is cheaper. The only exception being children's tickets which is the lowest revenue ticket and could perhaps be argued as an investment in the future.

That's not even bordering on obsessional  ^^^^^^ but fair play to yer endeavour and stats 

JamboGraham
1 minute ago, jambo1961 said:

That's not even bordering on obsessional  ^^^^^^ but fair play to yer endeavour and stats 

Ha...thanks (I think), I actually enjoy it. I also don't mind being challenged as often you need to apply some levels of assumption, etc. For full disclosure I based these latest figures on each of our lettered sections being roughly the same size and also the Hibs family section having a capacity of 2,000.

51 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Any stats on that? Be interested to know.

Unless it's just what you wish to be true?

No need to wish. They openly brag about it. 

As for stats? Only the club will know unless you dissect the accounts to the N'th degree. Something I have no wish to do.

Fact is they do it. In big numbers. 

Steal from themselves and **** their sisters.

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Could really go a gin right now. Wonder what put that idea in my head? :whistling:

Probably reading a balanced post that doesnt chime with your agenda.

JamboGraham
5 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

No need to wish. They openly brag about it. 

As for stats? Only the club will know unless you dissect the accounts to the N'th degree. Something I have no wish to do.

Fact is they do it. In big numbers. 

Steal from themselves and **** their sisters.

Clearly an issue, according to the Hibs season ticket brochure online sales of student tickets have been withdrawn. You now need to purchase in person at their ticket office along with your student identity. They have also added a second clause where your student ID needs to be rechecked at their ticket office in October or your season ticket will be invalidated and upgraded to an adult. Assume this is to shut the door on graduating (or dropping out) students as well as out and out chancers.

Enzo Chiefo
59 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

"Fella". That's a word used by police officers or smart arse's. I wonder which one you are. Please let us all know. 

None of your business fella. Jog on.

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Just because you say your opinion is valid does not make it so. 

Everyone's opinion is valid. That seems to be the bit you struggle with.

3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Clearly an issue, according to the Hibs season ticket brochure online sales of student tickets have been withdrawn. You now need to purchase in person at their ticket office along with your student identity. They have also added a second clause where your student ID needs to be rechecked at their ticket office in October or your season ticket will be invalidated and upgraded to an adult. Assume this is to shut the door on graduating (or dropping out) students as well as out and out chancers.

I may add I was well impressed with your stats and this post, top drawer John 

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We didn't sell 14,000 season tickets last year, so don't need to reach a total of 12.6k to be less than 10% down on last season's total, so your 'factually correct' statement is actually incorrect, which is at least consistent for you! 

Also, you predicted that season ticket sales would end up 10-15% down, not that they'd be 10-15% down around the middle of June.

You really should consider seeking psychiatric help while there's still some hope that you actually can be helped!

:laugh::laugh:. Post of the day.  I didnt think the Fringe started until August either. :laugh:

scott herbertson
37 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Good work - did you take into account the Categiry B tickets in th3 Roseburn? Cheaper than Any Hibs adult tickets I believe, although of course for limited no of games

5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

A bit to late!

Sounds like they are on to it but the damage is done.

It will be interesting next season when the spoon burners cant afford to pay for a normal seat.

Attendances will fall massively. Season ticket sales will be affected. The playing budget will decrease.

That is all to familiar?

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You haven't got an opinion. You just make things up as you go along!!! :)

So Hibs have a massive Student Green Army that have ST's that are now being told to prove it and not just once ..OMS

Alex Kintner
11 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Really? Everyone’s opinion. What about Harvey Weinstein’s opinion of women. That valid?

Edited by Frank1874

Just now, Frank1874 said:

What about Harvey weinstein’s opinion on women. That valid?

He thinks the world is flat. "Valid opinion" :)

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I predict that from season 2020-21 onwards, for the rest of eternity, our total season ticket sales will be 100% down on 2017-18 sales.

As we've not sold any season tickets for seasons from 2020-21 onwards yet, I'm 100% bang on the cash!!!

Life in Enzoworld!

3 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

You haven't got an opinion. You just make things up as you go along!!! :)

No wonder CL keeps things simple for his acolytes on here. Apparently we need to "hit the ground running". After a pre season tour in Currie, we will face the might of Forfar and Dumbarton wirh the aim of getting a good start to the season. Genius.

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Really? Everyone’s opinion. What about Harvey Weinstein’s opinion of women. That valid?

Is he on this board? Or are you just going off at a tangent? 

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No wonder CL keeps things simple for his acolytes on here. Apparently we need to "hit the ground running". After a pre season tour in Currie, we will face the might of Forfar and Dumbarton wirh the aim of getting a good start to the season. Genius.

The pre-season games are there to get the team match fitness and little else. There is no correlation between pre-season friendly performance nor the level of teams played, with how the season unfolds.

Alex Kintner

Putting down every aspect of your club including ST sales, past achievements, pre-season plans just to try and justify your hatred of our current manager.

BC67D3A5-595B-40FE-8A74-EAF8C22965FD.jpeg

JamboGraham
15 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Good work - did you take into account the Categiry B tickets in th3 Roseburn? Cheaper than Any Hibs adult tickets I believe, although of course for limited no of games

Thanks...I didn't include for this. I did consider it but took the view that I wouldn't be comparing like with like across two products. You could add an additional level of complexity by factoring in these Cat. B tickets and then adding walk up prices for additional games but not sure if that would change much...I suspect it would be six of one, half a dozen of the other.

scott herbertson
Just now, JamboGraham said:

Thanks...I didn't include for this. I did consider it but took the view that I wouldn't be comparing like with like across two products. You could add an additional level of complexity by factoring in these Cat. B tickets and then adding walk up prices for additional games but not sure if that would change much...I suspect it would be six of one, half a dozen of the other.

For the category B tickets you can add a guaranteed full price ticket each of the non category B games as the opposition ends are sold out at full walk up prices, so probably they work out income wise as good as a regular st. As you say very difficult to analyse.

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Kudos to you for doing these calcs! Good work!

As has been pointed out by yourself and others, a lot of hibs season ticket sales were at the lower early bird prices, but early bird prices tend, IMO, to be a sign that clubs are very strapped for cash and in need of getting as much money in as they can as early as possible. These prices obviously  have an impact on the total revenue raised from sales, and if we're able to do fine without them, I think we're better to do so. 

Carl Fredrickson

I dont care how much the hobos are charging for season tickets - I still wouldnt take one if it was a freebie. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Carl Fredrickson said:

I dont care how much the hobos are charging for season tickets - I still wouldnt take one if it was a freebie. 

Exactly, why even some want to bring that mob into conversation on here is behond me 

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly, why even some want to bring that mob into conversation on here is behond me 

correct answer

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

WTF is he meant to say?   "We really need to have a shite start to the season" !!!

Do you think we should've gone on tour to the Far East and played Barca or Bayern.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

WTF is he meant to say?   "We really need to have a shite start to the season" !!!

Do you think we should've gone on tour to the Far East and played Barca or Bayern.

Sick him on ignore. The perpetual anti Levein stuff is just tedious now. 

16 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Sick him on ignore. The perpetual anti Levein stuff is just tedious now. 

Correct just wish there was some way the quotes could be ignored as well.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Correct just wish there was some way the quotes could be ignored as well.

Exactly. Boring just does not do him justice.

Deans Jambo
11 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Aye nuts eh? Friendlies against similar teams to which we'll play in the league cup. A tournament we will expect to progress further in this year! As if friendlies mean much more than getting fitness up to scratch anyway. 

16 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Which bit are you struggling with?

The fact that your ssying some Jambos don't want us to do well. I just can't believe that.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

The fact that your ssying some Jambos don't want us to do well. I just can't believe that.

Of course we are being generous in giving these 'jambos' ?? the benefit of the doubt.

6 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Of course we are being generous in giving these 'jambos' ?? the benefit of the doubt.

Oh so maybe these gadgys aren't Jambos but imposters. Ok.

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Like the one who was hoping Hibs would beat us in the Derby game last season. 

Escobar PHM
15 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We didn't sell 14,000 season tickets last year, so don't need to reach a total of 12.6k to be less than 10% down on last season's total, so your 'factually correct' statement is actually incorrect, which is at least consistent for you! 

Also, you predicted that season ticket sales would end up 10-15% down, not that they'd be 10-15% down around the middle of June.

You really should consider seeking psychiatric help while there's still some hope that you actually can be helped!

Hearts website announced we had broken the 14,000 barrier at some stage last season. THAT IS FACTUALLY CORRECT. I thought the final figure was 14250, which was taken in November and included some half season tickets.

As of now we have a somewhat unreliable dot count figure and no announcement from the club as to how many have actually been sold. Supposing that dot count is bang on and we've sold 12250. That's 14.5% down on the FINAL total for last year as we stand at this moment.

I don't see much point in in projecting where we'll end up, especially whilst we are in early summer and we haven't, hopefully, finished the incoming business. However I'd say that 2000 in addition to the 12250 we have now(if that is correct) is a big ask.

We will PROBABLY be down. PROBABLY around 1000 down or maybe slightly less by the time sales close, unless there is some major shift in enthusiasm before then. 1000 down would be BAD NEWS, no matter how you paint it, but it doesn't necessarily mean that ST revenue would be down, or that we wont get the number of walk ups required to increase revenue. However that depends entirely on performance once the season starts, an unknown factor if ever there was one.

The disappointing thing is we need to be UP, well UP. UP to around 15500 or thereabouts. That's partly why we built the new stand. To increase revenue SIGNIFICANTLY. It remains to be seen whether that will happen this summer/season. I think probably not a huge increase if any at all.

Why has this happened ? Is it cost ? Is it due to Levein ? Is it changing sales periods ? Is it folk holding off waiting for marquee signings. Is it simply that you will be able to 'walk up' a lot easier than before ? I imagine a combination of all of those is at work here.

I don't think people who remark on the situation and give their opinion in an honest way need to seek psychiatric help of any sort. Its just a ludicrous comment frankly.

Edited by Escobar PHM

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We will rake in more money from Tynecastle than they will Easter Road.

No argument there

:fth:

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

We will rake in more money from Tynecastle than they will Easter Road.

No argument there

:fth:

Who gives a shit ? I'm far more concerned that we rake in more points than them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Who gives a shit ? I'm far more concerned that we rake in more points than them.

We will, don't you worry baron. Patience is a virtue, and it wont be too long now before its rewarded and plenty.

Escobar PHM
Just now, Sir Gio said:

We will, don't you worry baron. Patience is a virtue, and it wont be too long now before its rewarded and plenty.

As long as we are up there presenting a challenge for the season and battling with Aberdeen, Hibs and Rangers, like we ought to be, then that's a massive improvement on what we just witnessed and I'll be reasonably happy.