Season tickets - over 13,000 sold - half seasons on sale ( edited )

williamgerrard

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Apart from it being poorly managed and going way over budget, at this point in time I am extremely happy. for one it looks outstanding.  I will repeat though, if we are not winning games or selling out, it will make us look foolish.  This thread alone is proving it.  Poor season ticket sales and talking about average attendances of 16-17k, I mean wtf. We will never utilise our new stand and amazing stadium if we are not getting results on the field, surely no-one can disagree with that.  That, I guess is my main point.

And if we are winning games it might not be big enough? Why look at it negatively when it's secured our future for decades to come ?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enzo Chiefo

• JALBO

• Alex Kintner

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not as grand scale - no point for a club our size.  You could build a stadium for £13 million if sensible.  This project has stretched our resources and went over budget since day one.  

A whole stadium for £13m?? You'd better pass the name of your contractors on to Aberdeen!

Unless you're talking about a stadium of under 10,000 with seats, a roof and nothing else.

Remember we had to build a brand new nursery for starters, or the project was a non-starter.

The scale is too grand for "a club our size"? What size club do you think we are? The 3rd biggest in Scotland, surely?

All building projects go over budget, this one has been reasonable in that respect. Thanks to FOH and the benefactors it will be paid for very soon. And crucially, the extra money we've spent above what you might have paid (you didn't specify) will shortly allow us to increase turnover from non-footballing areas and thereby invest in the team. Making us more successful on the park. Bottom line.

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This thread alone is proving it.  Poor season ticket sales

What poor season ticket sales? We're on target to sell roughly what we sold last season (which was a record).

Looks like very selective reading of this thread...

Hackney Hearts
22 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

having an empty stand making no money on matchday will make us look foolish.

When have we - or will we - ever have an empty stand? Making NO money?

Your post is making you look foolish.

Enzo Chiefo
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Still folk replying to the obvious...? :lol:

It's like a Daily Mail comments section, this thread. 

Just a wee bit factual info Barack...if someone name checks posters like myself or AOA, it suggests that they are actively looking for a response from said posters. Why they can't just accept people have different opinions about the sales and move on, i don't know.

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Apart from it being poorly managed and going way over budget, at this point in time I am extremely happy. for one it looks outstanding.  I will repeat though, if we are not winning games or selling out, it will make us look foolish.  This thread alone is proving it.  Poor season ticket sales and talking about average attendances of 16-17k, I mean wtf. We will never utilise our new stand and amazing stadium if we are not getting results on the field, surely no-one can disagree with that.  That, I guess is my main point.

We aren’t going to be successfull every season out of the next 50. There’s a bigger picture. ?

johnking123

Have a good feeling for next season. Still think there will be a couple of big signings. Going to stick my neck out and say we will have over 13,500 season tickets sold before Celtic game. 

The Apprentice
34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Of course results on the field are the most important thing, especially to us fans. But on the other hand we could have been spending several hundreds of thousands of pounds on very large sticking plasters for the old stand for no return other than keeping it open.  And if as you say above we are not getting results on the pitch then we'd risk having an empty old stand costing us massive amounts of money.  That would make us look way more foolish I'd say!

Hackney Hearts
42 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

talking about average attendances of 16-17k, I mean wtf. 

Not sure if you're saying this is wildly optimistic, or accurate but incredibly poor?

Seems a reasonable figure to me - and we haven't had an average over 17,000 since 1960/61 (apart from last season, when the figure was inflated by the games at Murrayfield).

i8 thought the window cleaning for the stand would be £100k per year so I wouldn’t pay too much attention to his views on stadium finances,  current attendances and future growth. 

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Zico said:

i8 thought the window cleaning for the stand would be £100k per year so I wouldn’t pay too much attention to his views on stadium finances,  current attendances and future growth. 

:laugh:   Doh! Good point. I shouldn't have got involved...

Clerry Jambo

Folk unhappy with sales are just pissed off because across the road have sold more.

Their sales reflect their recent good seasons and feelgood factor, we are having a lull which reflects our sales, which incidently aren't too shabby considering the performances last season

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Our average gate will reflect our results as per usual. Levein really does need to produce this season. The decision to ejaculate 13 million quid on a new stand  may start to look a little foolish if not.

It was falling down mate. Many on here wanted a bigger stand. I think we're in a good place at the moment.

Hackney Hearts
7 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Folk unhappy with sales are just pissed off because across the road have sold more.

Really? How many have they sold?

(they had an early purchase incentive, didn't they?) 

Clerry Jambo
7 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Really? How many have they sold?

(they had an early purchase incentive, didn't they?) 

21 minutes ago, Zico said:

As opposed to the vast majority of people who never even brought window cleaning into the equation.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

As opposed to the vast majority of people who never even brought window cleaning into the equation.

Correct. It tipped the business case right over the edge. ?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Correct. It tipped the business case right over the edge. ?

Ha, it is certainly something that will go through the balance sheet though.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Our average attendance for the past four seasons has been over 16K.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Our average attendance for the past four seasons has been over 16K.

Yup I am aware of this, but it is not 20K.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Yup I am aware of this, but it is not 20K.

You criticised 16K, not anyone else.

"...talking about average attendances of 16-17K....wtf..."

Stop digging !

scott herbertson
13 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Ha, it is certainly something that will go through the balance sheet though.

Not really. We could just sweep it under the carpet, though that would cost us about £50k there would still be a £50k saving.......

Edited by scott herbertson

6 minutes ago, Boab said:

You criticised 16K, not anyone else.

"...talking about average attendances of 16-17K....wtf..."

Stop digging !

You misread.

I am saying 'wtf' as in we will have an average gate of 16-17k when we have a 20k stadium.  how is that not making us look foolish? We slag Hibs for the empty seats.

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, i8hibsh said:

You misread.

I am saying 'wtf' as in we will have an average gate of 16-17k when we have a 20k stadium.  how is thta not making us look foolish? We slag Hibs for the empty seats.

Us foolish ?

No, I reckon we're not foolish at all.

When in your lifetime has Hearts' average attendance been the capacity ?

Have we been foolish for most of our history ?

Escobar PHM
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Us foolish ?

Did we not sell out every single home game under Romanov for a couple of seasons ? (league matches that is )

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Us foolish ?

OK, I shall simplify.

If we rarely sell out throughout history and recently have averaged 16-17k, then we increase our capacity to 20k in the hope we will fill it and we don't, we look foolish.

Note : I am chuffed to bits with our new 20k stadum.  But let's make it worthwhile ffs.

Edited by i8hibsh

6 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Did we not sell out every single home game under Romanov for a couple of seasons ? (league matches that is )

Average was still 16.5K in 2005-06.

I take your point but that's not the issue here.

Jambo, Goodbye
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

OK, I shall simplify.

If we rarely sell out throughout history and recently have averaged 16-17k, then we increase our capacity to 20k in the hope we will fill it and we don't, we look foolish.

Note : I am chuffed to bits with our new 20k stadum.  But let's make it worthwhile ffs.

Don't you think that the increased revenue from the new stand will contribute to a larger budget and in turn,  help win more football games which will result in bigger crowds nearer the 20k mark?

The bigger picture.

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

OK, I shall simplify.

Think you'll need to simplify even further, mate.

We built the new stand for very good reasons. Guess what they were ? Go on, have a stab at it !

Can someone relay me here, i'm getting the feeling i'm being foolish carrying this on !

10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

OK, I shall simplify.

New stand is more than just extra seats mind

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

OK, I shall simplify.

Its our first full season that we have a 20k stadium give us a chance ffs.

I could see the point if it was 12k avg we are talking but it isnt there is room for growth.

The primary reason for building the stand wasnt to increase capacity.

Edited by Jamboelite

20 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You misread.

I am saying 'wtf' as in we will have an average gate of 16-17k when we have a 20k stadium.  how is that not making us look foolish? We slag Hibs for the empty seats.

You do know that to make up an average, some gates will be higher and lower than that figure?

To get an average of 16-17k we’ll sell out a few at 20k and have a few 14ks. Without a bigger stand, your precious average would be lower.

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

What poor season ticket sales? We're on target to sell roughly what we sold last season (which was a record).

Looks like very selective reading of this thread...

I’m pretty sure last season wasn’t record breaking.  The year before was. 

JamboGraham
5 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

I’m pretty sure last season wasn’t record breaking.  The year before was. 

Depends...are you talking about full season tickets; full + category B; or full + category B + half?

I get most points above but look at it this way.  We have done nothing but rip the pish out of the Hobos since they upsized.  Why? Becasue they looked foolish as could not sell it out.  I just do not want us to go down that route.

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Depends...are you talking about full season tickets; full + category B; or full + category B + half?

I don’t think there was any announcement at any time last season over record breaking sales.  

4 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

I don’t think there was any announcement at any time last season over record breaking sales.  

The club announced on the 29th Nov last year that we had sold more then 14K STs. If you can find a higher figure, please put it up.

JamboGraham
15 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Our accounts said 13,700 (a record) for two seasons ago...last year we gave out prizes to supporters for selling 14,000.

I was being facetious as around 90% of this thread has been us arguing about how many have been, or might be, sold compared to last year. Consensus was reached a few pages ago that none of us knew exactly how many tickets had been sold in total, none of us knew exactly how many had been sold of each type, and none of us knew exactly how many had been sold by any specific dates.

Edited by JamboGraham

55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You misread.

If you are close to full every game your stadium is too small for the demand.

Spitonastranger
47 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

OK, I shall simplify.

Do you go to games and freebies don't count

14 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Do you go to games and freebies don't count

Nowadays, 10 or so games per season.  I prefer to watch with a beer in the pub if on TV.

I am in FoH though, so do my bit.

Edit : I am going to try and double that this season.  Starting with the Forfar friendly on 14th.

Edited by i8hibsh

On 6/19/2018 at 21:51, JamboGraham said:

A fair point, I originally did a basic calculation but have now reworked based on levels of family/standard tickets available at Easter Road, against our different pricing bands.

Adult, Hearts are 1.4% more expensive on average.

Senior, Hearts are 16% more expensive on average.

Student, Hearts are 31% more expensive on average.

Youth, Hearts are 7% more expensive on average.

Child, Hibs are 46.5 more expensive on average.

We have a slightly more complex youth pricing structure so again you have to apply averages. Agree there is not much in it for an adult ticket, the variation is across the next highest revenue groups Seniors and Students.

I am happy to amend my original post and acknowledge that Easter Road is not significantly cheaper, but it is cheaper. The only exception being children's tickets which is the lowest revenue ticket and could perhaps be argued as an investment in the future.

Your point is interesting, in that it confirms a general trend of higher prices at one club versus another. The real point - and I guess the one that is probably worked through in detail at both clubs before prices are released - is how that translates into overall revenue. I would imagine both clubs spend a lot of time working out the revenue that they need from their sales in order to meet their running costs/aspirations/debt servicing or whatever. Over thousands of sales, modest differences in price can translate into a fairly significant revenue gap.

We can't know how many season tickets are sold in each age category at each club. But, for example, if both clubs sold, say, 13,200 regular season tickets on a split of 50% adult, 15% O65, 15% youth, 15% kids, and 5% students,  I make it that Hearts would rake in just under £4 million, compared to Hibs just over £3.3 million. The two biggest factors in this are probably that Hibs sold about 70% of their tickets at Early Bird rates, and that Hearts have a huge swathe of tickets at Platinum prices - 8 sections / circa 5,000 seats costing approx £100 more than the equivalent at Easter Road.  In reality, the difference could be a little lower as we don't know how many Platinum sales are at the mid-tier price.

The fact that we have Cat B  tickets is balanced out by the cost of our Premium seats (£695), both of which sold in roughly equal numbers last season.

Of course, I have no idea if the split I've used is anywhere close to reality, and it could well be that both clubs have a quite different season-ticket holder category balance that could increase or narrow the revenue gap.

Edited by JALBO

PhoenixHearts

Folk getting all sad because Hibs gave sold a fraction more than us? Who cares.

As other posters have said, They've just come off their best season for ...decades? and they've sold 13k? Wow. And they've struggled in recent times to reach 10k.

We have come off a fairly poor season and our sales are within spitting distance of theirs. I'm not worried.  

It's a well known fact that their support is much more fickle. They want to ride the wave when times are good, but they'll stay in their burrows when times are dark.

Hearts on the other hand, we consistently average a decent amount of STs regardless of form. Probably mentioned ad infinitum already. but we broke a ST record after Cathro's end to the 16-17 season, did we not?

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Our average gate will reflect our results as per usual. Levein really does need to produce this season. The decision to ejaculate 13 million quid on a new stand  may start to look a little foolish if not.

Your lack of understanding on pretty much everything is stunning.

1 minute ago, New York Fleapit said:

Your lack of understanding on pretty much everything is stunning.

Ah NYF,  hiya pal. Never recognised you there as you posted something that was not accusing someone of being a racist.

4 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Have a good feeling for next season. Still think there will be a couple of big signings. Going to stick my neck out and say we will have over 13,500 season tickets sold before Celtic game. 

I agree!!!

Hackney Hearts
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Becasue they looked foolish as could not sell it out.  I just do not want us to go down that route.

Crazy. If we sell out all our matches, we need a bigger stand. Would be nice to get there one day, but not essential just yet. The point you're not getting - as someone pointed out above - it's the extra capacity that allows us to bring the average way up.  Eg:

8   Cat A games @ 19,500 = 156,000

11 Cat B games @ 16,000 = 176,000

_________

÷       19  =                   Average 17,474

That average would be our biggest since 1960/61 (discounting Murrayfield factor) and is only possible by having a 20,000 capacity.