Goncalves - some Hearts fans in racist abuse claims

Swanny17

2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

He may, of course, have deleted comments, or they may have been made when broadcasting on the live function.

In any case, why would he make that up? 

Fair point.  Nobody ever makes up any false claims ever. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I'm the same. Never heard a single racist comment about him where I sit. But i understand we have some knuckle draggers who'll not hesitate to behave this way. I can only reiterate that at Tynecastle I have never heard a racist comment aimed at Concalves.

If his wife sat in the old section N or section G I would have less doubt but beside the players wives? 

I

57 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Many people have a different definiiton of racism.  This is to say what someone is saying is racist may not actually be racist.  I know poeple that call someone a racist purely for wanting to have an adult debate about immigration.  It is therfore not justified to call someone a racist in this case.

I get what you are saying. 

Example......not all those that voted to leave the EU are racist as some would have you believe. 

However his family had to stop going to games because of these morons. That's unacceptable. 

4 minutes ago, jambodeek said:

So do I ...  sometimes call them Dec and Ant

:rolleyes5: 

I refer to them more as wank and total wank.

Seymour M Hersh
27 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

8 pages of shite not worth reading (bit like the article itself).

Anyone blamed Brexit for this yet?:laugh:

Someone did. :wtf:

Isma probably opening up about it now because he's away and won't have to face any arseholes on the street

I hope there is a silver lining to this particular saga and those whose only purpose in life is to hate blacks are dealt with and banned

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I

Example......not all those that voted to leave the EU are racist as some would have you believe. 

However his family had to stop going to games because of these morons. That's unacceptable. 

Yup,  the whole 'all Brexiteers are racist' is utterly chronic chat.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

If his wife sat in the old section N or section G I would have less doubt but beside the players wives? 

She used to sit in front of us in the old stand with all the other wags & kiddies. Never once can I recall an issue if fact most folk would smile and say hello to all the wags.

7 minutes ago, Peebo said:

He states in the article he mentioned it to around 6 teammates. 

In that case then even more strange it wasn’t brought up, that’s if what he says in the article is true 

4 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Fair point.  Nobody ever makes up any false claims ever. 

Great answer. I didn’t say that.

I was wondering if people had a theory as to why he might in this situation. People certainly do make up false claims...

Shanks said no

I have taken a Scandinavian coloured girl to Tynecastle, she was staying with us at the time. She regularly went to games there. I was nervous about taking her and was ready to pounce if anything was said. 

I asked her her afterwards how she had found it, her description was “uncomfortable”. She felt very out of place and the only coloured face in the crowd (old enclosure). Nothing was said, it was the impression she got.

She found Edinburgh relatively friendly although she did receive verbal abuse on numerous occasions due to the colour of her skin and because she was with a white guy.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Isma probably opening up about it now because he's away and won't have to face any arseholes on the street

I hope there is a silver lining to this particular saga and those whose only purpose in life is to hate blacks are dealt with and banned

I'm not sure that the morons who/if shouted an abusive comment to him have devoted their whole lives to hating him or black people.

Club Statement

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6538

In relation to the recent report of racial abuse directed towards Isma Goncalves, Heart of Midlothian Football Club wishes to make it very clear that it abhors racism and any type of prejudicial abuse, and will not tolerate any incidence of such behavior.

The club is committed to providing support for its players and a safe working environment for all staff, and if anyone is proven to have made racial remarks to individuals inside the stadium then they will be subject to an immediate football banning order and we will report every single such incident to Police Scotland for action.

We would urge supporters who witness any such behaviour to contact the club, be it in person at Tynecastle, via our Supporter Services email address, by phoning us or by texting our incident report line in confidence, which can be found inside the stadium’s concourse.

We are aware that, as ever, it is only a very small number of individuals who have let the club and themselves down in this manner.

The club was unaware that these incidents had occurred, but we will immediately implement some additional pro-active measures to ensure there is a simple and easy process for players and their families to report any such incident.

We pride ourselves in being a multi-race and multi-cultural club and will take all steps to ensure that players and their families who join us here in Edinburgh, can do so, free from any concerns over prejudice.

The club will be contacting Isma to apologise to him and his family on behalf of the thousands of supporters who share our anger and disappointment that they were subjected to this behaviour.

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

She used to sit in front of us in the old stand with all the other wags & kiddies. Never once can I recall an issue if fact most folk would smile and say hello to all the wags.

Only abuse you get there is if you worked in the kiosk and served a pensioner a cold Bovril.

jack D and coke
Just now, Des Lynam said:

I

I believe he was getting a lot of stick, some of probably over the top and that must be hard to take. Was it racist abuse? I honestly think this would’ve been a much bigger story had his wife been sitting in amongst the other wives and nothing coming out till now. 

Derek Ferguson said his dad stopped watching him when he was at Hearts cos he copped so much abuse. That must be hard to listen to and Isma was certainly copping plenty. 

3 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Great answer. I didn’t say that.

I was wondering if people had a theory as to why he might in this situation. People certainly do make up false claims...

Who knows.  To me, it was pretty clear by his lack of effort on the park past few months that he wasn't very happy.

Also, found and checked his Instagram.  Nothing to see there.  So either the comments have been deleted or.....

4 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I believe he was getting a lot of stick, some of probably over the top and that must be hard to take. Was it racist abuse? I honestly think this would’ve been a much bigger story had his wife been sitting in amongst the other wives and nothing coming out till now. 

Derek Ferguson said his dad stopped watching him when he was at Hearts cos he copped so much abuse. That must be hard to listen to and Isma was certainly copping plenty. 

He deserved plenty too as did many players at the time.  

The sad fact is that there are too many people that would see a fight in the street that just so happens to be between a white and a non white and instantly think it is racially motivated.  So utterly tragic.

William H. Bonney
13 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Right. Seeing as you are determined to carry on with the snidey wee sly digs.

I know the ages of the folk for a number of reasons. Firstly in my old seat in the Wheatfield Section B, row 12, seat 16, it mainly emenated from the same group of old men in front and to the right of me. I challenged them for it plenty of times. Would you have preferred me to have stood up walked over to them and started punching them in the face? Would that then make it acceptable to mention the incidents on a Hearts messageboard? Tell a ****ing steward, aye? The worst culprit sits in the seat next to the aisle near the exit, there’s usually a polis or a steward standing about a metre or so away from him. Also in this same section a little further down still there is a whole family of them of mixed age groups, and they are pretty much always at it too. I have commented to them about it as well.

In my current seat Section R of the new stand, near the top. I hear it from a couple of general directions. A group of middle-aged men a few rows behind me especially.

These incidents above are from Tynecastle. The worst incident was at a Hampden for the League Cup Final in 2014. Mixed large group of teenagers and middle aged men shouting “COON!” at the top of their lungs every time a black player touched the ball. That’s our players and St Mirren’s by the way. In the St Mirren team that day was Isma, he was a “COON!” repeatedly, amongst other things... along with Taouil and N’goo. I turned around and made a comment a couple of times and they were either too pished (one teenage laddie of about 16 fell over on to the back of us all at one stage, his eyes rolling around in his skull) or just ignored me. A steward came and spoke to them a few times and nothing happened.

Hope that’s all okay? 

North stand lower by any chance? 

maroonnicky63
Just now, socrates82 said:

So that’s Walker, Nicolson and now Goncalves all going public about personal abuse from the stands. Before that Neilson and Sammon. I can’t remember so much abuse of our own people before. Wish these folk would just get a new hobby.

Fans do not have any right whatsoever to verbally abuse players or the families it's disgusting, fortunately it is a small minority that do it and some are on here I have no doubt at all.

I have to say though it is great to read the support on here from most of the fans who have made it clear that it should not be tolerated at all.

maroonnicky63
Just now, i8hibsh said:

He deserved plenty too as did many players at the time.  

The sad fact is that there are too many people that would see a fight in the street that just so happens to be between a white and a non white and instantly think it is racial.  So utterly tragic.

absolute crap , no player deserves to be treated like that.

kingantti1874

As I said earlier isma and his family should have highlight this whole at the club.. It would have been dealt with without doubt. 

So an official club statement has been made.  I hope the people who caused this to happen are proud of themselves, because the rest of us aren't.

Quite a scary number of posters with blinkers on as well, showing themselves up. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

As I said earlier isma and his family should have highlight this whole at the club.. It would have been dealt with without doubt. 

Indeed.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Fair point.

Glad to see the club statement focuses on the main issue here, though. 

4 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

absolute crap , no player deserves to be treated like that.

Players, managers, refs and opposition fans will always be abused.  It is called football.  Abuse does not have to equal racist abuse.  Unless you think that Isma because of his skin colour should not be subject to abuse or criticism?  Connor Sammon probably got the most abuse I have seen in years - I guess that has to be because he is Irish right?

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

So an official club statement has been made.  I hope the people who caused this to happen are proud of themselves, because the rest of us aren't.

Quite a scary number of posters with blinkers on as well, showing themselves up. 

Agreed.  Hopefully in future those who hear it "every single game" will report it rather than sit silently and do nothing.

Unfortunately, there are a small number of intolerant arseholes within our own fans for whom religion and skin colour continue to be issues. I see them at games, I see them on Facebook and I just wish they would get lost and take their dark ages mentality with them.

8 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Who knows.  To me, it was pretty clear by his lack of effort on the park past few months that he wasn't very happy.

Also, found and checked his Instagram.  Nothing to see there.  So either the comments have been deleted or.....

You haven't even got the balls to come and say what you really mean. You are basically saying that Isma is making this up.

2 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Agreed.  Hopefully in future those who hear it "every single game" will report it rather than sit silently and do nothing.

Or maybe people could just stop being racist?

All Out Attack

Don't know what to make of this. 

The racist stuff is is quite sad really, but if there really was some widespread problem,  it would surely have been picked up by our other black players and we have a few on the books. 

Haven't heard it myself and Mark Walters was the last time I even remembered issues like this. 

It would have been better if this was all brought to the clubs full attention before he left and I can understand why someone would want to give him abuse. He was always bordering on lazy, overweight and not interested. 

For the record,  Buaben has had a far more difficult playing career with us in recent years and I haven't heard anybody giving him racist verbals either. 

Perhaps this is some personal issue between a small number. 

Giving players grief who don't perform is a supporters perogative, racism isn't. 

12 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I have taken a Scandinavian coloured girl to Tynecastle, she was staying with us at the time. She regularly went to games there. I was nervous about taking her and was ready to pounce if anything was said. 

I asked her her afterwards how she had found it, her description was “uncomfortable”. She felt very out of place and the only coloured face in the crowd (old enclosure). Nothing was said, it was the impression she got.

She found Edinburgh relatively friendly although she did receive verbal abuse on numerous occasions due to the colour of her skin and because she was with a white guy.

I appreciate that you mean well, but it's "black" not "coloured".

10 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Or what?

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Vermin fans all coming out the wood work about some Hearts fans racist  comments regarding Isma .

Tell me there was no racist comments directed at Sir Rudolf when he gave them the 5-1 hand gesture.

27858139_828537430651955_2307275841159933010_n[1].jpg

And then we had the Thumb in a certain bar signing a certain song about Rudi before a derby. 

An element of Hibs fans have repeatedly indulged in racist and xenophobic taunts towards several Hearts players, that's known and it's gone on for years. However, we can only police our own club and support and we surely do not want to turn this into an old-firm style whataboutery. No one wins when the barometer for behaviour is only held to account against the worst behaviour identified in another set of supporters...

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm scrolling through past threads and I can't seem to find the "I saw Isma racially abused at the game today".

Can someone please help me out?

I suppose you believe in a flat earth since you've never been in outer space before to see the curvature of the earth with your own eyes? It was absolutely evident that Goncalves was unhappy here, I'm sure you saw his body language and demeanor yourself. Working back from that and in light of the additional comments from Isma himself and other fans, surely even you are capable of using all of that to form a reasonable conclusion as to why. 

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, redm said:

17B0DB8F-91F1-43B5-89C7-D5B331BF73C0.jpeg

Bus Stop. Man City ST holder and Hearts fan too, according to his bio.

I hate these sort of threads as it seems to bring out the absolute worst in JKB. This may well go down the way of a  "flag debate" 

Isma came to HMFC at the wrong time and suffered, along with the rest of the players, from poor leadership and management from the club.

In a crowd of 16000 at tynecastle a 1% of vocal "racists" equates to 160 people. 

I wish Isma all the best at his new club but fear that if he thought him and his family suffered racist abuse here then they may be in for a big big surprise in Uzbekistan. 

14 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

North stand lower by any chance? 

Cant remember, I’d need to check my ticket stub. Guessing you were also near this group?

Just now, 7628mm said:

I hate these sort of threads as it seems to bring out the absolute worst in JKB. This may well go down the way of a  "flag debate" 

Isma came to HMFC at the wrong time and suffered, along with the rest of the players, from poor leadership and management from the club.

In a crowd of 16000 at tynecastle a 1% of vocal "racists" equates to 160 people. 

I wish Isma all the best at his new club but fear that if he thought him and his family suffered racist abuse here then they may be in for a big big surprise in Uzbekistan. 

I want that 160 to just get lost.

6 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Or what?

Or he's talking pish.  What I do know, is there is no evidence of racist comments on any of his instagram pics.

9 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Who's heard it every single game? I missed that post.

Just now, Nobreath said:

Who's heard it every single game? I missed that post.

the very poster I was replying to,

The Future's Maroon
21 minutes ago, kila said:

Club Statement

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6538

In relation to the recent report of racial abuse directed towards Isma Goncalves, Heart of Midlothian Football Club wishes to make it very clear that it abhors racism and any type of prejudicial abuse, and will not tolerate any incidence of such behavior.

The club is committed to providing support for its players and a safe working environment for all staff, and if anyone is proven to have made racial remarks to individuals inside the stadium then they will be subject to an immediate football banning order and we will report every single such incident to Police Scotland for action.

We would urge supporters who witness any such behaviour to contact the club, be it in person at Tynecastle, via our Supporter Services email address, by phoning us or by texting our incident report line in confidence, which can be found inside the stadium’s concourse.

We are aware that, as ever, it is only a very small number of individuals who have let the club and themselves down in this manner.

The club was unaware that these incidents had occurred, but we will immediately implement some additional pro-active measures to ensure there is a simple and easy process for players and their families to report any such incident.

We pride ourselves in being a multi-race and multi-cultural club and will take all steps to ensure that players and their families who join us here in Edinburgh, can do so, free from any concerns over prejudice.

The club will be contacting Isma to apologise to him and his family on behalf of the thousands of supporters who share our anger and disappointment that they were subjected to this behaviour.

????

Just now, HopeDiouf said:

Or he's talking pish.  What I do know, is there is no evidence of racist comments on any of his instagram pics.

Ok. But you are happy to theorise that he has possibly made this up, without presenting a possible explanation why. You certainly seem worth listening to on the subject of talking pish. 

This thread started out as a Fender Bender but has now resulted in a full scale 1,000 car pile up on the M1 with fatalities left right and centre.

1 minute ago, Peebo said:

Ok. But you are happy to theorise that he has possibly made this up, without presenting a possible explanation why. You certainly seem worth listening to on the subject of talking pish. 

People make things up all the time, as you agreed just above.

3 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Yeah I’m sure Isma woke up in Uzbeckistan one morning and decided to completely fabricate a story, including bringing family and team mates into it.

Archived