Goncalves - some Hearts fans in racist abuse claims

Swanny17

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

I hope you reported it then.

I have reported racial abuse by Hearts fans on several occasions at Tynecastle. Each time the steward in question said nothing at all and ushered me back to my seat as if I was a trouble maker.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

This is exactly the sort of thing for which we can use the club text message line which so many people slated.

It's a fair point.

Just now, Des' Dad said:

I have reported racial abuse by Hearts fans on several occasions at Tynecastle. Each time the steward in question said nothing at all and ushered me back to my seat as if I was a trouble maker.

That's definitely not good enough, so I hope the club follow through with what they said in their statement.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Still checking, bear with me...

7DB8EE82-6D5D-4B03-9A0E-38DC5CB7F481.png

Oh dear.

This thread will be locked in 3....2...

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

The term ‘coloured’ is associated with segregation in the US and is a highly offensive racial slur, especially in the US where you’d never get away with using that term. Phillippinos  are Phillipinos. There is

no need to define them further by skin colour.

See my subsequent post

11 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Someone did, they questioned my "courage".

In theory you're right, however with many things in life folk will do little unless it's very serious or impacts them directly.

For me, racism and secterian stuff is a reminder of how ignorant some people are, but I'm not affected and it's not that serious to me that I will take the time, effort and responsibility of reporting it.

Likewise, I don't report every speeding car, litter bug or person who lets their dog shite in a street, for example. Although it irks me.

I am an active member of a political party, as that is far more important to me and my family, I'm not taking up the racist crusade as well. No time.

Doesn't mean it's right tho.

That was me.

How to ruin a thread by 'Ryder'.

He is backing up an argumet that does not exist. 

He is supposed to be backing up me saying "I hate all Palestinians".  

What about supporters using the ''Fat Bassa''  words, has me shaking with rage No need for that stuff at football games I say

1 minute ago, jambo1961 said:

What about supporters using the ''Fat Bassa''  words, has me shaking with rage No need for that stuff at football games I say

Yup. it is so unfair when fans start singing that to me as I come back form the pie stand.

:sob:

This thread should be quite straightforward so I haven’t bothered to read it.

Have some Hearts fans racially abused Isma? Yes, a small number unfortunately have.

Was it the reason Isma left? Irrelevant 

Why didn’t he or his family report it? Irrelevant 

What should Hearts do? Not stop until every thicko who thinks this is OK is banned from Tynecastle.

Easy.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That was me.

It was you.

Intelligent and brave, it would appear.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Pants Shaton said:

Have some Hearts fans racially abused Isma? Yes, a small number unfortunately have.

What should Hearts do? Not stop until every thicko who thinks this is OK is banned from Tynecastle.

Easy.

Aye.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How to ruin a thread by 'Ryder'.

He is backing up an argumet that does not exist. 

He is supposed to be backing up me saying "I hate all Palestinians".  

Sorry my memory from two years ago is clearly a little hazy. You said all Palestinians are scumbags, not that you hated them. You asked me to provide evidence, so I did. 

Just now, Ryder said:

Sorry my memory from two years ago is clearly a little hazy. You said all Palestinians are scumbags, not that you hated them. You asked me to provide evidence, so I did. 

Did I say scumbags?

Gimme an H...
2 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Easy.

DING DING DING!!

Here it is in a nutshell.

4 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Easy.

Bingo.

1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

Can i8 and Ryder conduct this by PM or a phone call?

Dude, I have no interest in it.  He is actually creating an argument.  It has no place here.

Section G The Place To Be
6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Aye.

So you agree with someone that the club need to do something but you are not prepared to support the club in this by reporting these supposed incidents you have heard?  Well done I can see how that helps eradicate racism right enough. 

Before you start slavering pish about not wanting a smacked face. As I have said and others have said and the club have also said yet again today there are various different ways supporters can make reports and it can be done anonymously. No need to confront anyone, no need to risk a smacked face. If this subject bothers you enough then do something about it. Do what the club are asking. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Or through the medium of dance.

I think all disputes should be settled this way.

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

Or through the medium of dance.

I think all disputes should be settled this way.

Trust me you do not want to see me dancing.

4 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Behind the wheatfield? Or in front of the new stand where all the racists sit. 

3 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

So you agree with someone that the club need to do something but you are not prepared to support the club in this by reporting these supposed incidents you have heard?  Well done I can see how that helps eradicate racism right enough. 

Before you start slavering pish about not wanting a smacked face. As I have said and others have said and the club have also said yet again today there are various different ways supporters can make reports and it can be done anonymously. No need to confront anyone, no need to risk a smacked face. If this subject bothers you enough then do something about it. Do what the club are asking. 

What about under cover stewards !!!!

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

So you agree with someone that the. Luv need to do something but you are not prepared to support the club in this by reporting these supposed incidents you have heard?  Well done I can see how that helps eradicate racism right enough. 

Tbh, I'm the kind of person that would do it direct or not at all.

Also, I've stated the importance of the issue to me, personally. It's not high on my list, hence I haven't done it directly.

I'm not going to report to the police folk singing such songs in the pub for example.

I do reserve the right to think they are slavering idiot's, despite me neglecting my public duty.

It also doesn't mean I like or condone their behaviour or make their behaviour right.

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Did I say scumbags?

Yes, those posts were removed though, rightly. 

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, jambo1961 said:

What about under cover stewards !!!!

The high-viz is a bit of a giveaway.

12 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Easy.

this! 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ...a bit disco said:

The high-viz is a bit of a giveaway.

And glakit expression.... Oh wait?

13 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Easy.

We can close the thread now; nothing else needs to be said.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

We can close the thread now; nothing else needs to be said.

I think it's ran it's course too. Now it's just petty squabbles between posters

jambo-in-furness

For me, Isma must report that his family have been offended and have stopped attending matches because of "alleged" racial abuse while at the club. 

To to do so after he has left the club gives his complaint/statement little or even no credibility. Hearts have players, staff and fans of different races and religions at the club and their well being is now Hearts uppermost priority.

playing the "race card" after you have left is an easy get out and borders on cowardice, in my opinion of course.

A very easy way to smear and hard to deny.

37 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

There lies the problem,security should be told what to do in these situations,club has to take the responsibility for that.

William H. Bonney

Trapdoor under your seat. Any racial or homophobic comment made results in a button being pushed where you drop into a pit with the monster from return of the jedi. 

3 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

For me, Isma must report that his family have been offended and have stopped attending matches because of "alleged" racial abuse while at the club. 

To to do so after he has left the club gives his complaint/statement little or even no credibility. Hearts have players, staff and fans of different races and religions at the club and their well being is now Hearts uppermost priority.

playing the "race card" after you have left is an easy get out and borders on cowardice, in my opinion of course.

A very easy way to smear and hard to deny.

You could say that about any form of abuse. Be it women being raped or young footballers being abused. 

13 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Tbh, I'm the kind of person that would do it direct or not at all.

Also, I've stated the importance of the issue to me, personally. It's not high on my list, hence I haven't done it directly.

I'm not going to report to the police folk singing such songs in the pub for example.

I do reserve the right to think they are slavering idiot's, despite me neglecting my public duty.

It also doesn't mean I like or condone their behaviour or make their behaviour right.

What you really mean is you reserve the right like quite a few people, to come Running like a little girl onto an Internet forum and shout your mouth off calling these people names and giving it the faux outrage and offense, from the safety of your keyboard because you haven’t the balls to do something about it.

You claim to support the club but not prepared to do what the club is asking of you. 

27 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Easy.

I agree not much more mileage in this thread... however  the abuse ISMA and is family received remains alleged.

If this case is true then I agree with your other points.

33 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

It was you.

Intelligent and brave, it would appear.

Brave? I have been. Intelligent? That is very much open to question.

I think we have both ran our race here.

jambo-in-furness
4 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

You could say that about any form of abuse. Be it women being raped or young footballers being abused. 

You are, I believe, referring to rape victims or young footballers who have been abused by people of greater authority, this is completely different from general (that may be a bad choice of words) racism.

Governor Tarkin
33 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Or behind the Wheatfield?

1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

The term ‘coloured’ is associated with segregation in the US and is a highly offensive racial slur, especially in the US where you’d never get away with using that term. Phillippinos  are Phillipinos. There is

no need to define them further by skin colour.

Often wonder if Lou Reed regrets using the word coloured in his song “walk on the wild side” ? 

38 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Easy.

Pretty much this. Hearts need to weed out all of these morons and get rid.

The one thing that has annoyed me is that the Record and the BBC have quoted the original EEN article verbatim but have both left out the line where Isma says he has never actually heard any racism but his brother told him about it after the game. That is important from a journalistic integrity point of view because the story is not a first hand account but it is presented as so in their articles. 

40 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Easy.

My only point around this part is if they had reported it, there would've been more chance of identifying and banning the arseholes and secondly Isma and his family would've been supported by both the club and the fans in an appropriate way.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

What you really mean is you reserve the right like quite a few people, to come Running like a little girl onto an Internet forum and shout your mouth off calling these people names and giving it the faux outrage and offense, from the safety of your keyboard because you haven’t the balls to do something about it.

You claim to support the club but not prepared to do what the club is asking of you. 

bit like your doing now tbh, questioning ones action or in action over the internet.

What you are trying to do is deflect the argument from the small band of racist and/ or sectarian element and put the blame of their actions on to others who are minding their own business and enjoying the match day experience within the rules.

It's a very strange angle to come from and I do not understand why you are coming so aggressively from that point of view, it's making you seem like you are defending something, as I say by deflection.

Any racist in life is a slavering goon and imo and the clubs has no place at Tynecastle, of course I can say that- that is the main point.

How do we eradicate it- it goes well beyond a few text messages to the authorities on match day, but I agree it would be a start.

Your faux outrage at me for not reporting something blows my perceived faux outrage of the water by a long shot.

I do support the club, I go to the home games and sing the Hearts song  n' everything! I don't support it by singing sectarian or racist songs or shouting racist remarks at our players or other players.

Could I do more, yes. Do I want to- to be perfectly honest that's my choice and blowhards like you trying to say that folk that are not reporting the issues are actually a cause or reason why the racism is about is ridiculous , it's the slavering goons who are shouting it's fault.

as for running "like a  little girl"......:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

My only point around this part is if they had reported it, there would've been more chance of identifying and banning the arseholes and secondly Isma and his family would've been supported by both the club and the fans in an appropriate way.

He probably just wanted to get himself and his family away from the club where he was being racially abused, and was perhaps less concerned about solving the issue. 

He is is the victim here. How he reacted is indeed irrelevant to the issue we should be concerned with. 

Archived