New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

26 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree with what you say above. As someone who classes the Union flag as my flag I don't have the compulsion to carry it with me into Tynecastle or on the road domestically when following HMFC. Just like I cannot understand why Celtic fans feel the need to carry the Irish tricolour, something I view again as just a flag, but cannot understand what it brings to a football game. I understand and respect that among the HMFC support there are people who have different or no religious beliefs, people who have differing political points of view and the likes. But to me there is an old saying which is very true. Football, religion and political beliefs each have their own place in life and football stadiums are not the place to bring each to the fore as a mixture. I've got no problem if I sit around three people for example, and during the week one goes to a meeting of the Orange Order, one goes to a meeting of the Ancient Order of Hibernians and the third gets together with a few like minded people to discuss SNP strategy. However, during the course of a football match all that matters to me is that they go along to watch HMFC as fans of that club, and leave all their differences outside the stadium for another day. I have my own religious beliefs, my own political beliefs and follow football, during that period I'm following football that is all that is important to me.

Pretty much where I’m at 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, JamboJen said:

Absolutely this. Would love a successful singing section within the Hearts support. Unfortunately, the only people who ever seem to want to take it on don't really want to be part of the wider Hearts support and are divisive and antagonistic.

Totally this.

11 hours ago, West Side Hearts said:

36D51C41-4E57-4592-8605-6E940619C3A0.jpeg

C6BFBD98-752F-4B21-9594-03E56DB57444.png

What’s the old boy with the fur-lined hood doing grabbing the young lad by the neck? :unsure:

19 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

We do not follow them and as I have said, the reason we liked there tweet is because it had a drum and was about singing

You should check out Rush.  Singing (well, some will argue otherwise) and more drums than you could wave a big drumstick at.

You're either very stupid, embarrassingly naïve, or just at it.

HMFCSSO, I wouldn’t bother trying to convince anyone on this forum to be honest, the usual suspects will always find a way to incriminate or undermine you.

Good luck. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

...the usual suspects will always find a way to incriminate or undermine you.

Looks like he's magaged to that all by himself.

7 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

HMFCSSO, I wouldn’t bother trying to convince anyone on this forum to be honest, the usual suspects will always find a way to incriminate or undermine you.

Good luck. 

The usual suspects ironically being his friends.

Going forward I would really like to see the entire Gorgie Stand being turned into a maroon version of Dortmund's 'Yellow Wall'.  I don't see any reason why as a club we cannot aim to achieve this eventually.  I have attended matches at the Vicente Calderon and Atletico's new Metropolitano ground and their 'singing section' is behind the goals...or look at the Sevilla fans at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan with their drums flags and constant chanting...I really do believe we are capable of this...even Real Madrid have established a 'white wall' behind their goals!
I like my view from the main stand however I would wholeheartedly get behind this especially if we ensure the sectarian element is removed entirely

2 hours ago, maroonexile said:

Good luck. 

If he wanted to go some way to redeeming himself he'd stick up a public post on his HMFCSSO twitter page condemning the flag and the sectarian singing heard at Ibrox, and state that this sort of thing is not welcome in the proposed new singing section.

Serge Pizzorno
29 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

If he wanted to go some way to redeeming himself he'd stick up a public post on his HMFCSSO twitter page condemning the flag and the sectarian singing heard at Ibrox, and state that this sort of thing is not welcome in the proposed new singing section.

He won’t but because it was himself/his mate with the flag. 

Does tynecastle need an “ultras” group? Natural atmosphere is far more better than daft wee boys banging a drum out of tune for 90 minutes

1 hour ago, West Side Hearts said:

He won’t but because it was himself/his mate with the flag. 

Does tynecastle need an “ultras” group? Natural atmosphere is far more better than daft wee boys banging a drum out of tune for 90 minutes

Shame Hearts ‘natural atmosphere’ dissapeared about 10 years ago when the majority of the support started turning 40 then eh? We’ve one of the dullest supports in Scotland. 

I neither support nor are against a singing group/section or whatever but a resistance to change really does my head in when our support can be so dire.  

I always said the HMFCSSO would be treated with the utmost scrutiny until they gained some trust. Things haven't started well. 

If it isn't the HMFCSSO and they were generally just promoting someone bringing a drum to a game then fair enough. Liking the pics of the ulster flag (if true) is a bit more dodgy in terms of explanation but could just be put down to naiveness. Unliking the posts and tweeting about how they aren't associated with those few at Ibrox / dismissing sectarian singing is probably the best they can do in this situation (imo). Unfortunately some won't believe them but what's done is done and they have to move on.

If it was the HMFCSSO then there isn't enough facepalms.

Some of you may choose to believe it was us with that flag and with the drum at the rangers game and you can believe that if you want to. The reason we are not commenting on the picture of the flag is because it is nothing to do with us so we do not feel the need to justify or condemn this. For anyone saying that the singing section will get shut down because of this picture are wrong, everything is still going to plan and we have another meeting with the club coming up soon. 

You DO have a need to comment because everyone thinks it was your group with the flag and drum singing about fenians.

The club will have the same concerns.

Edited by Ray Gin

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You DO have a need to comment because everyone thinks it was your group with the flag and drum singing about fenians.

Singing about fenians you say..... where do I sign up? ?

MacDonald Jardine
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Do they?

You mean a few folk on here who are remotely bothered?

MacDonald Jardine
51 minutes ago, Texia said:

Shame Hearts ‘natural atmosphere’ dissapeared about 10 years ago when the majority of the support started turning 40 then eh? We’ve one of the dullest supports in Scotland. 

I neither support nor are against a singing group/section or whatever but a resistance to change really does my head in when our support can be so dire.  

This is where I am.

Personally I find it cringe but then I'm over 50 and we need to continue attracting younger fans.

7 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Do they?

You mean a few folk on here who are remotely bothered?

You think nobody from the club will have looked at this thread and the twitter page? Of course they have. It will be monitored very closely before a decision is made.

Shank said no
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Honestly the way some are carrying on with there agenda you would think they want the young guys to fail before they get there section of the ground it's actually cringe  it's like reading a detectives script the amount of probing some are posting up for gods sake why not leave the section to it and if they fail then fair enough it's not like the club will have not pre warned them and the section wont know what is right and wrong or what they will get away with . Good luck with the section .

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

You think nobody from the club will have looked at this thread and the twitter page? Of course they have. It will be monitored very closely before a decision is made.

They might well have done but all they'll get from this is the usual arguments by the usual suspects. 

been here before
12 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Singing about fenians you say..... where do I sign up? ?

Sounds good eh?

Can we sing about black folk too?

18 minutes ago, been here before said:

Sounds good eh?

Can we sing about black folk too?

With myself being a practising RC with my youngest getting 1st communion in May I was being sarcastic in case it wasn't obvious.

27 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What have they done wrong?

Just now, jambocub said:

What have they done wrong?

Some young lads with a drum were singing sectarian songs while waving a red hand of ulster flag around at Ibrox. Not exactly behaviour the club needs hot on the heels of the Goncalves racism debacle.

Posters on here suspected it was the new singing section guys. They denied it was them and claimed they had no idea who that group was, despite their page having 'liked' the posts of the flag-waver and drum banger on twitter before the match.

6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Some young lads with a drum were singing sectarian songs while waving a red hand of ulster flag around at Ibrox. Not exactly behaviour the club needs hot on the heels of the Goncalves racism debacle.

Posters on here suspected it was the new singing section guys. They denied it was them and claimed they had no idea who that group was, despite their page having 'liked' the posts of the flag-waver and drum banger on twitter before the match.

The singing I can understand why people would complain but the flag shouldn't be an issue .suppose we'll just need to let them get on with it ,if their serious about getting the singing section going they will make it work

49 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

With myself being a practising RC with my youngest getting 1st communion in May I was being sarcastic in case it wasn't obvious.

My youngest is doing his holy communion also this year. 

Shame I don’t live in Edinburgh anymore, as he and my oldest would go to St Joseph’s and the on to Auggies. 

Serge Pizzorno
4 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

Some of you may choose to believe it was us with that flag and with the drum at the rangers game and you can believe that if you want to. The reason we are not commenting on the picture of the flag is because it is nothing to do with us so we do not feel the need to justify or condemn this. For anyone saying that the singing section will get shut down because of this picture are wrong, everything is still going to plan and we have another meeting with the club coming up soon. 

Who in the right mind brings a drum to hearts games outwith your group? Honestly just give it up with the wasnt us patter. Admitting wrongdoing and accepting it wasn’t right is going to help yourselves much more than not taking any blame. 

5 minutes ago, West Side Hearts said:

Who in the right mind brings a drum to hearts games outwith your group? Honestly just give it up with the wasnt us patter. Admitting wrongdoing and accepting it wasn’t right is going to help yourselves much more than not taking any blame. 

You seem to know an awful lot for someone who evidently knows nothing about this situation.

Johnny Sandiego
4 minutes ago, West Side Hearts said:

He liked the picture of a drum and a flag on twitter. Thats the long and short of it. Hardly crime of the century is it? 

He's already said its nowt to do with the new planned singing section. Get off his case and leave the lad alone. Wait until the section opens before pissing all over it. 

2 hours ago, swavkav said:

My youngest is doing his holy communion also this year. 

Shame I don’t live in Edinburgh anymore, as he and my oldest would go to St Joseph’s and the on to Auggies. 

Im ex Auggies.

And St Cuthberts.

Im more bothered that my seat will be moved if this takes off ?

been here before
3 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Nae bother, so was mine.

35 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

You seem to know an awful lot for someone who evidently knows nothing about this situation.

???? exactly 

5 hours ago, Shank said no said:

Honestly the way some are carrying on with there agenda you would think they want the young guys to fail before they get there section of the ground it's actually cringe  it's like reading a detectives script the amount of probing some are posting up for gods sake why not leave the section to it and if they fail then fair enough it's not like the club will have not pre warned them and the section wont know what is right and wrong or what they will get away with . Good luck with the section .

This is where I am, christ, wish this was all I had to worry about.

Like others have said, let the guys get on with it and good luck with the section.

Safe-standing for the whole Gorgie stand, £15 a ticket and the suite below turned into a pre and post-match bar.

Simples.

53 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

Safe-standing for the whole Gorgie stand, £15 a ticket and the suite below turned into a pre and post-match bar.

Simples.

Imagine the rage from some folk on Kickback if this happened 

53 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

Simples.

So we pay to convert to safe standing and then take less revenue than we currently do? ?

12 hours ago, maroonexile said:

Are you the old boy in the photo? 

It will be interesting to see if this group does become ‘official’ as I haven’t yet seen it endorsed by the club. 

11 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Are you the old boy in the photo? 

If you like, I've been in my bed unwell since Saturday morning but I’ll not let the facts get in the way.

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It will be interesting to see if this group does become ‘official’ as I haven’t yet seen it endorsed by the club. 

I'd be very surprised.

...a bit disco
53 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

The fact that the club would be starving itself of income for a vanity project?

What's not to like!

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

So we pay to convert to safe standing and then take less revenue than we currently do? ?

Couldn't have that .that would mean  giving something back to the fans?

1 hour ago, HMFCSSO said:

Maybe a wee bit cheap but if the club could get a safe standing section at a reasonable price I think it would help encourage the fans of the future  . Good luck  in the future 

3 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Couldn't have that .that would mean  giving something back to the fans?

Some of the fans, and would also mean less money for players. Never going to happen. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Some of the fans, and would also mean less money for players. Never going to happen. 

19 home games at £15  can't be far of what a silver season ticket costs  

2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

19 home games at £15  can't be far of what a silver season ticket costs  

No idea but Gorgie stand is currently Gold apart from the smaller bottom section which is bronze. 

• davemclaren locked this topic