New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

Just now, davemclaren said:

No idea but Gorgie stand is currently Gold apart from the smaller bottom section which is bronze. 

I'd just noticed that but over the course of a season the tickets wouldn't need to be .u h dearer that the £15 originally stated .

There's a lot in folk wanting a safe standing section and the gorgie end is ideal for it . hopefully the club see sense and have a good look at getting this done if it turns out it's too dear to convert to safe standing then fair enough

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

56 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

If you like, I've been in my bed unwell since Saturday morning but I’ll not let the facts get in the way.

Cool. No need to get all upset about it, just a question. You made a comment about people not being there commenting on their actions, so I assumed you must have been there yourself. You also come across as a wee bit older than the young lads behind this group. Seemed a fair assumption for me to make.

If you skim back on this thread you’ll see I have wished this group well right from the start.

Get well soon mate.

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Cool. No need to get all upset about it, just a question. You made a comment about people not being there commenting on their actions, so I assumed you must have been there yourself. You also come across as a wee bit older than the young lads behind this group. Seemed a fair assumption for me to make.

If you skim back on this thread you’ll see I have wished this group well right from the start.

Get well soon mate.

Fair enough, no offence meant mate.

I had a ticket but as I said, I have been unwell so didn’t make it, nor last night unfortunately.

I would admit to being a wee bit older, but maybe not quite as old as the old fella in the photo...

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

So we pay to convert to safe standing and then take less revenue than we currently do? ?

Correct. 

But the return on investment in terms of atmosphere from a maroon version of the Gelbe Wand will be worth it.

maxresdefault.jpg

18 minutes ago, kingdannyb said:

Correct. 

But the return on investment in terms of atmosphere from a maroon version of the Gelbe Wand will be worth it.

maxresdefault.jpg

Let’s see your cba. ?

Serge Pizzorno

I don’t think anyone in kickback wants this group to fail. A large majority just dont want sectarian nonsense and memebersnof this group turning Upto games waving a cringey red hand

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed on another Facebook post that it has not been decided yet where this singing section will be located.

been here before
17 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I noticed on another Facebook post that it has not been decided yet where this singing section will be located.

Copeland Road stand seems not a bad location for them.

Edited by been here before

48 minutes ago, been here before said:

:jj_facepalm:

Regading the racist sectarian shite, how about for one game against Celtic or Hibs all the true jambos get the word out and only buy tickets in the Wheatfield and Gorgie Stand? All the ST holders might have to forego a match, but well worth it to make our point. When the club sees the Main stand nearly empty with only a few racist bigoted mini huns they'll take the hint and boot them out for good. What d ye think?

And get a big anti-racism and anti-sectarianism banner and Scotland flags for the rest of the support.

At the game Friday I thought their atmosphere was poor, with their singing section the opposite end from the away fans. If we’re gonna have one it should be section G

1 minute ago, Koolkeith said:

At the game Friday I thought their atmosphere was poor, with their singing section the opposite end from the away fans. If we’re gonna have one it should be section G

But don't they just end up drowning each other out then? Maybe not at the opposite end, but E or D would work well, and could hear it from the away stand.

59 minutes ago, LesJambes said:

And get a big anti-racism and anti-sectarianism banner and Scotland flags for the rest of the support.

Sounds good to me. I'm in.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, LesJambes said:

Perhaps release some white doves at half time as well ?

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Perhaps release some white doves at half time as well ?

As a mark of respect to the passing of the huns? :D Naaah

Jambof3tornado
On 15/03/2018 at 19:49, LesJambes said:

But don't they just end up drowning each other out then? Maybe not at the opposite end, but E or D would work well, and could hear it from the away stand.

Fek aff. I'll not be able to concentrate on rustling my sweety papers in E if it gets too loud!

Jambof3tornado
On 15/03/2018 at 18:39, been here before said:

Lol.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 14:20, TheMaganator said:

Rightly or wrongly , one of the club’s concerns with this will be whether or not the singing section will be able to behave itself.

If you want the club to get on board I would change the graphic.

Just my tuppence worth. I am in favour of a singing section fwiw

Correct.  It is a graphic to promote a singing section, suggesting it will be allowed, and the club, correctly, have made it clear that flares are not allowed.

Tickets go on sale next week. Don't see anything about a singing section area though.

Surely the club should be mentioning this if it's going ahead?

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Tickets go on sale next week. Don't see anything about a singing section area though.

Surely the club should be mentioning this if it's going ahead?

They're on sale now.

bringbakterracing
On 27/02/2018 at 17:10, Texia said:

Shame Hearts ‘natural atmosphere’ dissapeared about 10 years ago when the majority of the support started turning 40 then eh? We’ve one of the dullest supports in Scotland. 

I neither support nor are against a singing group/section or whatever but a resistance to change really does my head in when our support can be so dire.  

Bang on!

PhoenixHearts
On 2/28/2018 at 16:14, West Side Hearts said:

I don’t think anyone in kickback wants this group to fail. A large majority just dont want sectarian nonsense and memebersnof this group turning Upto games waving a cringey red hand

Bang on.

PhoenixHearts
On 2/26/2018 at 15:30, HEARTS_1874 said:

If hearts fans want to wave a flag in which a player comes from so be it.

there were umpteen flags of all nationalities at Tynecatle when we had the likes of  brellier, de vries, skacel to name a few

just because it is an Ulster flag use are getting all up tight.

just  out of curiosity would you welcome the below flag? 

Image result for londonderry hearts supporters

That's the 'penis-envy' of flags.

Dalstonjambo
On 2/28/2018 at 11:09, jambocub said:

I'd just noticed that but over the course of a season the tickets wouldn't need to be .u h dearer that the £15 originally stated .

There's a lot in folk wanting a safe standing section and the gorgie end is ideal for it . hopefully the club see sense and have a good look at getting this done if it turns out it's too dear to convert to safe standing then fair enough

I'm not sure why this keeps coming up. The club has already said they looked into it, right now it would be too dear, and we'd get no extra revenue from it. They also said at the moment they had other priorities but would revisit in the future. 

We have other priorities for the money with the new stand, and the 1:1 ratio here makes it more expensive. There is no reason either of these things won't change, but it get's quite frustrating to see people criticise or call out the club for something they have been quite clear on. Tbf if we had a pound for everytime someone on kickback suggested the club should look into it that may have funded a conversion.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Libertarian

Like most Hearts supporters I am really supportive of this idea. However as has been mentioned it's vitally important for the image of the club that any singing section is self policed and policed well in order to ensure that the reputation of the club is not tarnished. It's also likely that Scottish Govt may attempt to bring legislation through holding the clubs directly responsible for the behaviour of their fans (strict liability). The last thing we want is to give the authorities the excuse to punish Hearts rather than the real perpetrators of sectarian bile, and we all know who they are.

11 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Like most Hearts supporters I am really supportive of this idea. However as has been mentioned it's vitally important for the image of the club that any singing section is self policed and policed well in order to ensure that the reputation of the club is not tarnished. It's also likely that Scottish Govt may attempt to bring legislation through holding the clubs directly responsible for the behaviour of their fans (strict liability). The last thing we want is to give the authorities the excuse to punish Hearts rather than the real perpetrators of sectarian bile, and we all know who they are.

After witnessing the behaviour of some of our away support we are in no position to criticise anyone.

If this issue is not tackled we are going to frighten decent people away.

Away matches have a high percentage of wannabe loyalist bams. 

Serge Pizzorno

After 2 weeks let’s also not forget that this group also brought the same Union Jack and red hand to Motherwell and hibs, don’t forget the cheap awful sounding drum, but it wasn’t them they swear...

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I'm not sure why this keeps coming up. The club has already said they looked into it, right now it would be too dear, and we'd get no extra revenue from it. They also said at the moment they had other priorities but would revisit in the future. 

We have other priorities for the money with the new stand, and the 1:1 ratio here makes it more expensive. There is no reason either of these things won't change, but it get's quite frustrating to see people criticise or call out the club for something they have been quite clear on. Tbf if we had a pound for everytime someone on kickback suggested the club should look into it that may have funded a conversion.

Give us a shout when it's ok to discuss it

maroonexile
40 minutes ago, West Side Hearts said:

After 2 weeks let’s also not forget that this group also brought the same Union Jack and red hand to Motherwell and hibs, don’t forget the cheap awful sounding drum, but it wasn’t them they swear...

You’re obsessed.

Dalstonjambo
1 hour ago, jambocub said:

Give us a shout when it's ok to discuss it

My point is more the 'if the club look into it and say no then fair enough' comment when the club did this, and clearly communicated it. They also explained why it's a no go at the moment. That's why it's annoying.

Edited by Dalstonjambo

32 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

But factually accurate.

Nope just obsessed.

seeing as my season tickets are in the "designated area for the official singing section" think it's safe to say the Official singing section isn't.  

been here before
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

seeing as my season tickets are in the "designated area for the official singing section" think it's safe to say the Official singing section isn't.  

Awww fir **** sake. Ive been away out bought some skinny jeans, a stone island jumper and have retrained myself to get buckled after 2 cans in the swing park.

Ive got FTP tattooed on one arm and a red hand on the other. Ive bought a new Union Flag and dream of fingering that wee Chantelle who works in the Co-op. Ive spent a weeks giro on Lynx body care products.

Some 45 year old zoomer has taught me the words to the Billy Boys and the Sash and has filled my head with heroic tales of fighting in the Shed and pavement dancing down Easter Road. I've put wading around knee high in the blood of Cafflicks as a hobby on facebook. 

And now you're telling me there's no official singing section for me to join?

On 15/03/2018 at 18:39, been here before said:

:lol:

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Had they decided where it was going?

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, been here before said:

Awww fir **** sake. Ive been away out bought some skinny jeans, a stone island jumper and have retrained myself to get buckled after 2 cans in the swing park.

Ive got FTP tattooed on one arm and a red hand on the other. Ive bought a new Union Flag and dream of fingering that wee Chantelle who works in the Co-op. Ive spent a weeks giro on Lynx body care products.

Some 45 year old zoomer has taught me the words to the Billy Boys and the Sash and has filled my head with heroic tales of fighting in the Shed and pavement dancing down Easter Road. I've put wading around knee high in the blood of Cafflicks as a hobby on facebook. 

And now you're telling me there's no official singing section for me to join?

Short of a soprano if you hiv the baws fer it!

been here before
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Short of a soprano if you hiv the baws fer it!

Eh?

Jambof3tornado
26 minutes ago, been here before said:

Eh?

Soprano...high pitch.....lack of descended testicles required?!?

3 hours ago, West Side Hearts said:

As tragic as it is none of that is sectarian 

Flopped before it even started.  Disappointing but not unexpected.

Their social media presence was utterly chronic with posts that read like they were typed by a drunk elephant. They also actively promoted idiots trying to make HMFC look like Sevco FC before the humiliation of  denying it even though the evidence was all there.

They stopped posting on JKB a while back (I think) so no questions really got a proper answer.  

to conclude: daft kids failed in trying to create a singing section (official) because, well, they are daft! 

2 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

My point is more the 'if the club look into it and say no then fair enough' comment when the club did this, and clearly communicated it. They also explained why it's a no go at the moment. That's why it's annoying.

There's lots the club say and then change . Some folk like to discuss it if it annoys you reading about it I'd suggest you don't come on a fans forum where stuff gets discussed...

Dalstonjambo
2 hours ago, jambocub said:

There's lots the club say and then change . Some folk like to discuss it if it annoys you reading about it I'd suggest you don't come on a fans forum where stuff gets discussed...

No issues with discussion mate. You really aren’t grasping my point. 

You said ‘hopefully the club see sense and have a good look at getting this done if it turns out it's too dear to convert to safe standing then fair enough’. 

That’s exactly what they did. So don’t criticise them for it. 

Not trying to argue with you or dissuade people from discussion but every time this safe standing comes up someone says this when the club clearly did that and explained the reasons it wouldn’t work atm. Here’s hoping in the future we have the money to do it. 

Edited by Dalstonjambo

3 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

No issues with discussion mate. You really aren’t grasping my point. 

You said ‘hopefully the club see sense and have a good look at getting this done if it turns out it's too dear to convert to safe standing then fair enough’. 

That’s exactly what they did. So don’t criticise them for it. 

Not trying to argue with you or dissuade people from discussion but every time this safe standing comes up someone says this when the club clearly did that and explained the reasons it wouldn’t work atm. Here’s hoping in the future we have the money to do it. 

I'm not wanting to argue either but did the club even try and see what numbers would be interested by consulting season ticket holders even just by email or a statement. That's the part that makes me think they never looked to much into it

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, jambocub said:

I'm not wanting to argue either but did the club even try and see what numbers would be interested by consulting season ticket holders even just by email or a statement. That's the part that makes me think they never looked to much into it

It's not a case of numbers.

The club looked at the cost involved and decided that it was not justified as the initial outlay would not increase capacity or revenue.

Therefore there was no need to consult the fans as to the numbers that would be interested because it was a non starter

We_are_the_Hearts
6 hours ago, jambocub said:

Doesn't matter the fans opinion, just keep coughing up the money lad.

• davemclaren locked this topic