New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

14 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Any chat on what is happening with this?

It's not going to happen.

We all know why, so let's not waste our time on it

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Geoff the Mince
5 hours ago, West Side Hearts said:

36D51C41-4E57-4592-8605-6E940619C3A0.jpeg

C6BFBD98-752F-4B21-9594-03E56DB57444.png

The chap 1/3 down from the right with the grey trousers on seems rather excited . !! 

31 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Did you complain about Lithuanian  Flags. I am not being obtuse. Perhaps it is you who is making connotations. I've seen flags of various countries being waved at tynecastle in support of players

Republic of Ireland ones?

40 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Did you complain about Lithuanian  Flags. I am not being obtuse. Perhaps it is you who is making connotations. I've seen flags of various countries being waved at tynecastle in support of players

Did we accompany said Lithuanian flag waving with singing about being up to our knees in Soviet blood?

That said, even without the song it's a bit odd to wave the flag of an individual player's country rather than the country of your own club.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Did we accompany said Lithuanian flag waving with singing about being up to our knees in Soviet blood?

That said, even without the song it's a bit odd to wave the flag of an individual player's country rather than the country of your own club.

If he was waving a union jack you'd still find it odd 

If hearts fans want to wave a flag in which a player comes from so be it.

there were umpteen flags of all nationalities at Tynecatle when we had the likes of  brellier, de vries, skacel to name a few

just because it is an Ulster flag use are getting all up tight.

just  out of curiosity would you welcome the below flag? 

Image result for londonderry hearts supporters

24 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

The chap 1/3 down from the right with the grey trousers on seems rather excited . !! 

I take it that flag was being waved as we have a couple of Northern Ireland internationalists playing for us. Personally I would support a singing section but I would feel really upset and let down if it was taken over by a bunch of sectarian eejits.

Just now, HEARTS_1874 said:

there were umpteen flags of all nationalities at Tynecatle when we had the likes of  brellier, de vries, skacel to name a few

:cornette:

19 minutes ago, HEARTS_1874 said:

Personally I wouldn't want that anywhere near Tynecastle, is this turning into a flag debate?

20 minutes ago, HEARTS_1874 said:

That looks awful.

2 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Taking my tri-colour on sunday in honour of Stephen Elliot

I'm taking mine to celebrate Maybury.  Bloody loved that guy.

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

Personally I wouldn't want that anywhere near Tynecastle, is this turning into a flag debate?

no not at all. I just don't understand the logic behind some people.

Hearts have players from Northern Ireland in the squad, they wave the Northern Irish Flag and get pelters?

When there was Czech flags being waved about there was no issues with this.

13 minutes ago, HEARTS_1874 said:

if you want to take a tri colour to the game so be it. your choice. 

2 minutes ago, HEARTS_1874 said:

no not at all. I just don't understand the logic behind some people.

Hearts have players from Northern Ireland in the squad, they wave the Northern Irish Flag and get pelters?

When there was Czech flags being waved about there was no issues with this.

07.png

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

Except the Ulster Banner hasn't been NI's official flag since 1973.

It's the Union flag.

55 minutes ago, HEARTS_1874 said:

Embarrassing. Just support Rangers. 

This thread is going to get locked because sadly it has descended into a flag debate.

Can we all just wait for one of the leaders of The Singing Section Official to get home from school to clear up the confusion from Ibrox before condemning them as eejits?

Serge Pizzorno

Fair enough if the flag was for a player. But the flag literally got brought out as soon as the group had a go out at trying to start the billy boys!:laugh: 

Stupid Sexy Flanders
6 hours ago, West Side Hearts said:

36D51C41-4E57-4592-8605-6E940619C3A0.jpeg

C6BFBD98-752F-4B21-9594-03E56DB57444.png

Well that's embarrassing. :lol:

Honestly, what relevance does this nonsense have to anything? For the life of me I can't get my head around it. 

Serge Pizzorno

Can we also take into account that these are a completely different group of boys than the previous, makes it all the more embarrassing 

BRAVEHEART1874

how can the tubes no sign songs without waving red hand flags and trying to sing a verision of the  billy boys? - it wasn't even smeltic ?

Now even coming on here and trying to pretend they are not secretarian  , yet they will be first to moan if it gets shut down ;) again and again.

Jambof3tornado

Doomed before it got started because its the same group singing the same shite.

How daft do you think we are???

Get a ticket for ibrox and be appreciated.

You are not welcome as Hearts supporters.

The reason we retweeted the boys twitter post with the drum in it was because it was to do with singing etc but not to do with our singing section, as for the flag, this is not our flag and was brought to the game by individuals who we do not know. Nothing to do with us and our singing section.

2 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

The reason we retweeted the boys twitter post with the drum in it was because it was to do with singing etc but not to do with our singing section, as for the flag, this is not our flag and was brought to the game by individuals who we do not know. Nothing to do with us and our singing section.

You'd be fantastic at the SFA

The group was nowhere near 20 people, I was in the row in front of the guys with the drum and flag and they were more like a group of 5, so most the people in that photo weren't part of any group.

As for the drum, for the group at Tynecastle next season, if there is going to be a drummer, please get someone who can actually play the drums as the person behind me doing it on Saturday was atrocious.

4 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Might have been an idea to call them out to wheesht/grow up and you guys sing Hearts songs/drown the bigoted pish out - would have put a real good marker down for your group.

I fear however, you're really going to be pissing into the wind. 

Serge Pizzorno
5 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

You just happened to be following them, retweeting and also liking numerous tweets of theirs, even before the game! That’s a coincidence. 

3 minutes ago, West Side Hearts said:

You just happened to be following them, retweeting and also liking numerous tweets of theirs, even before the game! That’s a coincidence. 

We do not follow them and as I have said, the reason we liked there tweet is because it had a drum and was about singing

Check all of the twitter and Facebook police scraping the barrel for a reason to shoot down the Singing section.

Serge Pizzorno
1 minute ago, HMFCSSO said:

We do not follow them and as I have said, the reason we liked there tweet is because it had a drum and was about singing

You’re honestly fooling nobody, who else outside your small group of 10-20 members brings a drum to hearts games?

5 minutes ago, West Side Hearts said:

:facepalm: 

SO they have.  

1 minute ago, HMFCSSO said:

Really?  This image was "liked" .  No drum.  Not about singing.   (cut the face to save the identity of the guy).

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 17.10.07.png

4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

SO they have.  

Really?  This image was "liked" .  No drum.  Not about singing.   (cut the face to save the identity of the guy).

Give it a rest Sarah we get it you don’t want a singing section, plus this game was away. Unless you don’t go to away games you’ll understand the idiots come out for away fixtures

3 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

Give it a rest Sarah we get it you don’t want a singing section, plus this game was away. Unless you don’t go to away games you’ll understand the idiots come out for away fixtures

Quite the opposite.  

I'm incredibly supportive of a singing section.  

26 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

SO they have.  

Deary me. 

The mask has well and truly slipped.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
10 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

If people are that offended by flags maybe they should support celtic. They are experts at being easily offended. 

It's not about being offended. It's about being embarrassed. This stuff is utter nonsense and I've never heard anyone give a reasonable argument to make me think otherwise.

Edited by Ill Ray

The White Cockade
54 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

It's not about being offended. It's about being embarrassed. This stuff is utter nonsense and I've never heard anyone give a reasonable argument to make me think otherwise.

absolutely

bunch of complete throbbers who in reality care more about their tea towels and scummy songs than they do about HMFC

Never been able to get my head round the fact that people who claim to be Hearts fans care more about this shit than the football itself 

and deliberately go out to wind up the real Hearts fans

and before the apologists come on and say but but but they go to aw the games likes

so what they are still tossers who embarrass the Club

2 hours ago, JamboJen said:

Aww man, had hopes that this singing section would finally work out. That'll be that then.

Dead before it could really live.

And the sorry thing is, we could all see it coming. RIP SSO :(

2 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

absolutely

bunch of complete throbbers who in reality care more about their tea towels and scummy songs than they do about HMFC

Never been able to get my head round the fact that people who claim to be Hearts fans care more about this shit than the football itself 

and deliberately go out to wind up the real Hearts fans

and before the apologists come on and say but but but they go to aw the games likes

so what they are still tossers who embarrass the Club

Just exactly like the throbbers that brought the “YES” pamphlets with the hearts badge on it for the independence referendum. Idiots on both end of the spectrum bringing politics into tynecastle.

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

Just exactly like the throbbers that brought the “YES” pamphlets with the hearts badge on it for the independence referendum. Idiots on both end of the spectrum bringing politics into tynecastle.

I agree with what you say above. As someone who classes the Union flag as my flag I don't have the compulsion to carry it with me into Tynecastle or on the road domestically when following HMFC. Just like I cannot understand why Celtic fans feel the need to carry the Irish tricolour, something I view again as just a flag, but cannot understand what it brings to a football game. I understand and respect that among the HMFC support there are people who have different or no religious beliefs, people who have differing political points of view and the likes. But to me there is an old saying which is very true. Football, religion and political beliefs each have their own place in life and football stadiums are not the place to bring each to the fore as a mixture. I've got no problem if I sit around three people for example, and during the week one goes to a meeting of the Orange Order, one goes to a meeting of the Ancient Order of Hibernians and the third gets together with a few like minded people to discuss SNP strategy. However, during the course of a football match all that matters to me is that they go along to watch HMFC as fans of that club, and leave all their differences outside the stadium for another day. I have my own religious beliefs, my own political beliefs and follow football, during that period I'm following football that is all that is important to me.

1 hour ago, Ill Ray said:

Absolutely this. Would love a successful singing section within the Hearts support. Unfortunately, the only people who ever seem to want to take it on don't really want to be part of the wider Hearts support and are divisive and antagonistic.

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree with what you say above. As someone who classes the Union flag as my flag I don't have the compulsion to carry it with me into Tynecastle or on the road domestically when following HMFC. Just like I cannot understand why Celtic fans feel the need to carry the Irish tricolour, something I view again as just a flag, but cannot understand what it brings to a football game. I understand and respect that among the HMFC support there are people who have different or no religious beliefs, people who have differing political points of view and the likes. But to me there is an old saying which is very true. Football, religion and political beliefs each have their own place in life and football stadiums are not the place to bring each to the fore as a mixture. I've got no problem if I sit around three people for example, and during the week one goes to a meeting of the Orange Order, one goes to a meeting of the Ancient Order of Hibernians and the third gets together with a few like minded people to discuss SNP strategy. However, during the course of a football match all that matters to me is that they go along to watch HMFC as fans of that club, and leave all their differences outside the stadium for another day. I have my own religious beliefs, my own political beliefs and follow football, during that period I'm following football that is all that is important to me.

Exactly well said. Imagine if all the energy and effort used for other rubbish went into this singing section we could definitely go somewhere. 

• davemclaren locked this topic