New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

Hope it all goes to plan and nobody is upset about being hoofed out their ST seats and I lok forward to hearing Hearts songs at Tynie... 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Serge Pizzorno

My only worry about this is, as someone who was largely apart of the first group, is that literally once a minority sing ‘they’ songs it all goes tits up. Good luck to you all but hope the club and yourselfs make sure any idiots who feel the need get thrown out on their arse immediately. 

7 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Hope it all goes to plan and nobody is upset about being hoofed out their ST seats and I lok forward to hearing Hearts songs at Tynie... 

Someone has really rustled your jimmies. Did your partner have an affair with one of the young team or something? 

Give it it a rest ffs.

I expect the odd naughty song will be heard and this place will be all over it. 

But it’s up to the guys to push on and come up with decent alternative songs and the rest of the crowd to follow their lead. 

We cant have the whole thing hanging on some sort of “one strike and your out” policy. 

1 hour ago, West Side Hearts said:

This 100%. A singing section yes but an ultras group with a drum is nothing more than cringeworthy especially up here. 

“Up here”?

Glad to hear it went well, I'm not big on the idea of being shoved in the corner but it's a start and we have to work with the club. Hopefully it can grow into something big and beautiful! 

Baird, King and Michael

I don't think anybody would have a problem with "naughty" songs....its illegal, sectarian or racist songs that are the problem.

Funnily enough I've just moved my season ticket out of that section into the main stand.

I wish this thing all the very best...I don't mind a drum, don't mind flag displays and all that...I think it could be fantastic for the atmosphere at Tynecastle.

HMFCSSO....did the club mention sectarian chants and what would happen if they were sung????

1 hour ago, HMFCSSO said:

?? IT IS WITH GREAT DELIGHT THAT WE CAN TELL YOU THE MEETING WENT VERY WELL??

??THE CLUB ARE FULLY SUPPORTIVE OF OUR SECTION AND LIKE OUR VISION ??

?? NOT 100% CONFIRMED BUT WILL MOST LIKELY BE IN LOWER GORGIE STAND IN THE SECTION NEAREST THE WHEATFIELD ??

Please ask us any questions you have regarding the meeting ????

Well done, and good luck. ?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

If you're caught singing naughty songs just pretend to be an away fan, we don't seem to have issues with them doing it. ?

2 minutes ago, Baird, King and Michael said:

I don't think anybody would have a problem with "naughty" songs....its illegal, sectarian or racist songs that are the problem.

Funnily enough I've just moved my season ticket out of that section into the main stand.

I wish this thing all the very best...I don't mind a drum, don't mind flag displays and all that...I think it could be fantastic for the atmosphere at Tynecastle.

HMFCSSO....did the club mention sectarian chants and what would happen if they were sung????

Yes, they said that that If they were sung in the section, it would be dealt with by the club like it is in any other section of the stadium but the leaders of the group will have the responsibility to tell other members of the section not to conduct themselves in this way. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Have you got a song list ready to go, that you’ve come up with? New ones that is?

Still Plenty of time to think of new songs ?

portobellojambo1
11 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Yes, they said that that If they were sung in the section, it would be dealt with by the club like it is in any other section of the stadium but the leaders of the group will have the responsibility to tell other members of the section not to conduct themselves in this way. 

I've not read everything that has been added since I last visited this thread, but did notice your post above saying you reckon it will all start in the lower section of the Gorgie Stand. I'm actually a little bit surprised by that, as I thought the club may have learned from a few of the problems with the location of the section which was previously in the lower section of the Roseburn, nearest the Wheatfield. A lot of people sitting behind them were disappointed that often their view of the game was interrupted by a combination of the section standing up, waving flags etc. If you have the chance it may be worth asking the club if they cannot locate  what you are planning in the back rows of the Gorgie Stand, that way there will be no one behind the section who might raise the same concerns.

Edited by portobellojambo1

I agree PJ but maybe they are not allowed flags or standing this time around. I also agree they should be at the back so the noise bounces off the roof.

8 minutes ago, cmonthegorgie said:

I agree PJ but maybe they are not allowed flags or standing this time around. I also agree they should be at the back so the noise bounces off the roof.

Not allowed flags or standing? Do you think that’s something that would be acceptable to all parties? 

Edited by maroonexile

portobellojambo1
4 minutes ago, cmonthegorgie said:

Standing is something that will definitely not be allowed. At the moment the club are unsure if they are actually going to get a certificate for the new main stand because a number of objections have already been raised about people standing in it. It seems at the moment that as we are the only club without the relevant certificate needed those that issue said certificates may be planning on using Tynecastle as a guinea pig for future issue/renewal of such certificates. Be a pity to see the new main stand reach full completion and then HMFC to then discover it cannot be used as it doesn't have the correct certificate.

I didn't hear anyone say "groundbreaking" 

So what’s the vision,it’s still only singing at a game.If you mean behaving as well then that’s a bonus.

Dagger Is Back
2 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

?? NOT 100% CONFIRMED BUT WILL MOST LIKELY BE IN LOWER GORGIE STAND IN THE SECTION NEAREST THE WHEATFIELD ??

Really glad it went well but I think the lower part of the stand just doesn’t make sense.

The noise you make will be lost and your flags and banners will obscure the view of others.

It was one of the mistakes of the last attempts IMO

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Standing is something that will definitely not be allowed. At the moment the club are unsure if they are actually going to get a certificate for the new main stand because a number of objections have already been raised about people standing in it. It seems at the moment that as we are the only club without the relevant certificate needed those that issue said certificates may be planning on using Tynecastle as a guinea pig for future issue/renewal of such certificates. Be a pity to see the new main stand reach full completion and then HMFC to then discover it cannot be used as it doesn't have the correct certificate.

If the club can’t compromise on this PJ, this is doomed to fail.

It comes down to realistic expectations again, and it’s totally unreasonable and even fantastical to expect a group of young guys in a project like this to sit down.

I am sure the club will surely be aware of this and will mitigate any risks before the section starts up.

Big Slim Stylee

Are you planning on having like a regular choir practice night? Will there be snacks provided? ?

Best of luck though.

18 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

It comes down to realistic expectations again, and it’s totally unreasonable and even fantastical to expect a group of young guys in a project like this to sit down.

I am sure the club will surely be aware of this and will mitigate any risks before the section starts up.

How do you suggest they do that?

Good luck  to you all hopefully it takes off and we can bit a decent atmosphere at all games now .

No doubt you'll come in for criticism at times from other fans (especially on here). But if you keep the songs legal then I surely the majority of fans will get behind you

9 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

Great news - congratulations and best of luck. I'll join you when I get to Scotland for games... I'll be the slightly awkward auld git on the fringes :wheelchair:

8 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

7 hours ago, maroonexile said:

If what PJ1 says is correct, and I’ve no reason to doubt him, then the club cannot compromise. It’s going to be out of their hands.

9 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

why not put a submit a song thread on here?

queensferryjambo
10 hours ago, Baird, King and Michael said:

I take it the singing section will have to run past all songs with the club. The Gorgie stand is the family stand. Believe it or not when it was designated the family stand flyers were handed out with very defined rules about language and behaviour. I doubt Hearts will take kindly to songs full of swearing in the family section nor will the families who sit there. Although the most swearing and bad behaviour generally comes from the drunks in the Hospitality section of the Gorgie and nothing is ever done about it :)

I really don't see an issue with standing if the singing section get the full lower block as they won't be in anyone's view there. Sitting down singing isn't going to work so standing is a given surely.

As for flags and banners the old groups were truly rubbish. If the new group are to have decent flags and banners dare I suggest that Kickback could do a wee fundraiser where people could donate towards getting decent quality flags? I would donate if the group ran past their ideas for flags and they were good quality. Something to discuss with Kickback moderators HMFCSSO? 

If there is going to be singing section be as well making it look as well as sound impressive.

17 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I take it the singing section will have to run past all songs with the club. The Gorgie stand is the family stand. Believe it or not when it was designated the family stand flyers were handed out with very defined rules about language and behaviour. I doubt Hearts will take kindly to songs full of swearing in the family section nor will the families who sit there. Although the most swearing and bad behaviour generally comes from the drunks in the Hospitality section of the Gorgie and nothing is ever done about it :)

I really don't see an issue with standing if the singing section get the full lower block as they won't be in anyone's view there. Sitting down singing isn't going to work so standing is a given surely.

As for flags and banners the old groups were truly rubbish. If the new group are to have decent flags and banners dare I suggest that Kickback could do a wee fundraiser where people could donate towards getting decent quality flags? I would donate if the group ran past their ideas for flags and they were good quality. Something to discuss with Kickback moderators HMFCSSO? 

If there is going to be singing section be as well making it look as well as sound impressive.

We've got a flag made  happy for it to go on show in the SSO  once its completely finished that is lol

DUoc7H8WsAIH4iK.jpg:large

10 hours ago, Baird, King and Michael said:

100% this. Wind up, cheeky, pisstake songs all very welcome. Just leave out the sectarian and racist nonsense and union jack waving.

Hope you can achieve this and that it works out as some atmosphere is badly needed up that side of the stadium.

queensferryjambo
2 minutes ago, Mart_HMFC said:

We've got a flag made  happy for it to go on show in the SSO  once its completely finished that is lol

I was thinking along the lines of multiple smaller ones that get waved about that would make the section more dynamic.

Also those long touch line style flags that get pulled up when teams score look pretty cool. 

borussia-dortmund-ultras-flags-football-

Good to hear that it went well with the club. Z lower will hopefully work well. Assuming the group get the whole lower section they'll not block anyone's view in the upper section.

I'd happily move over from V to Z for it, it's a shame if people feel they're going to be "forced out" of Z but that's going to happen anywhere. At least the lower corners of the Gorgie are probably the least desirable sections based on general sales for the Hibs cup game for example.

12 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Thats where my 5 STs are.

No offence but I have sat there for years  FFS

?

Still bigger picture and all that 

My 2 are there so take it I would be moved. I want a singing section but no way would I sit anywhere near a drum

Surprised more people haven’t commented on Porty Jambo’s post about the safety certificate... New thread maybe?

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Surprised more people haven’t commented on Porty Jambo’s post about the safety certificate... New thread maybe?

It has been mentioned a few times, mostly on the TV studio/section N standing threads iirc. 

Situation seems to be that until this licence is assigned, the club needs people to just mind their Ps and Qs and sit down. Police have made a few comments about people standing.

It's unfair, and there's similar happening at other clubs, but other clubs aren't waiting on safety certificates, so.... 

59 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

Good to hear that it went well with the club. Z lower will hopefully work well. Assuming the group get the whole lower section they'll not block anyone's view in the upper section.

I'd happily move over from V to Z for it, it's a shame if people feel they're going to be "forced out" of Z but that's going to happen anywhere. At least the lower corners of the Gorgie are probably the least desirable sections based on general sales for the Hibs cup game for example.

Dont mind moving but will the club be able to get me 5 STs together for the same price? Should I be out of pocket due to this?

3 of my STs are kids who undoubtably not be able to see as this section will be a standing section no doubt.

Honestly think the club need to speak to ST holders affected prior to making a decision.

32 minutes ago, redm said:

It has been mentioned a few times, mostly on the TV studio/section N standing threads iirc. 

Situation seems to be that until this licence is assigned, the club needs people to just mind their Ps and Qs and sit down. Police have made a few comments about people standing.

It's unfair, and there's similar happening at other clubs, but other clubs aren't waiting on safety certificates, so.... 

Cheers. I must have missed it, probably because I never really thought it would affect me. 

Kinda highlights the difficulties that the SSO will face though. If we can’t get people to behave for a couple of weeks until we get a safety certificate, then can we really expect these lads to fare any better when it comes to trying to control what their membership do.

As a support we seem to love brinksmanship and never do anything until the baby is hanging of the cliff suspended by the last split hair.

Marooned in Sec Z
1 hour ago, JamboJen said:

They may be undesirable for some but for others, myself and daughter included, we have sat here for a number of years and like our seats. Im all for the young team organising a singing section but the club have to be careful how they go about potentially asking ST holders in this area to move.

31 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Dont mind moving but will the club be able to get me 5 STs together for the same price? Should I be out of pocket due to this?

3 of my STs are kids who undoubtably not be able to see as this section will be a standing section no doubt.

Honestly think the club need to speak to ST holders affected prior to making a decision.

I'd also be open to moving so as to accommodate the singing section. However, will me and my daughter be guaranteed to get similar seats and pricing in another section. We are in the last row of the bottom of Z which is ideal for us so would be looking for similar seats if moved. It would also be a shame to potentially be split from the group around us.

12 hours ago, Baird, King and Michael said:

agree with all of this !

common sense use of the drum is the key.  People begin to hate it when its just being blindly battered for 90mins needlessly.  If its used at the right times to "drum up" (ill get my coat) a bit of atmosphere and when its already bouncing then it can be very useful.

Also getting a bit noise when we complete a good attack, win a corner etc etc when were applying some pressure to opposition just to get a few roars from the crowd to spur the players on.  those are the moments for it in my opinion.

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Surely  you don't expect them to run the songs by the club .what happens if another part of the ground start up a random song  would the singing section not be allowed to join in until they get permission...?

I'd guess most of this new group will be made up of teens and guys in 20s they'll know the songs that are banned and if they stay clear of them the the club should let them get on with it

I'm sure there will be teething problems and hopefully the club and group can sit down and find solutions to them rather than just scrap the section 

I do like your idea of having a fundraiser to help get them started with flags 

35 minutes ago, Marooned in Sec Z said:

They may be undesirable for some but for others, myself and daughter included, we have sat here for a number of years and like our seats. Im all for the young team organising a singing section but the club have to be careful how they go about potentially asking ST holders in this area to move.

I'd also be open to moving so as to accommodate the singing section. However, will me and my daughter be guaranteed to get similar seats and pricing in another section. We are in the last row of the bottom of Z which is ideal for us so would be looking for similar seats if moved. It would also be a shame to potentially be split from the group around us.

Swap with me, I'm right in the middle of row 8 section V. Great seats, and I'd love the singing section to come to V. In fact, since the Zers don't seem happy why not pick V instead!

I was going to donate my 'Thomas O'Ware' song, but that's turned out to be idle speculation.  Wasn't even going to ask for royalties. 

I am, however, working on a major concept work with key changes and tricky time signatures.  If I can trim it down to less than 90 minutes, you can have it. 

Seriously, good luck.

3 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Er, no.

All the very best with this folks.

Id suggest a list of proscribed songs and chants just so you have something to manage behaviors and expectation against. Much easier when things are written down.

4 hours ago, JamboJen said:

We are fussy who we let in to Z

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, jambocub said:

Surely  you don't expect them to run the songs by the club .what happens if another part of the ground start up a random song  would the singing section not be allowed to join in until they get permission...?

I don't mean they have to sing off a song sheet singing the songs in a set order. You make it sound like a guy dressed like the 'Men in Black' will be in their section giving out a yes or a no :) 

There has to be some dialogue between the club and the new singing section as to what they are going to sing. If it is an official singing section then they are representing the club. It can't be that hard laying out ground rules. 

There should be no grey areas between the club and the singing section otherwise it will just lead to problems. 

As one example of grey areas the Don Cowie song with the IRA lyrics, it isn't necessarily sectarian but could be seen as sung by people who are sectarians, it could be seen as political, it could be seen as anti-terrorism, it could be seen as irrelevant to anything football related, it could be seen as a reaction to IRA supporters............ where do the club stand on this song and what are the singing sections thoughts.

This isn't a cue to start discussing the Don Cowie song (that has been done to death elsewhere) it is more emphasising that the simple answer is club and fans talk about it (and other songs) and firm up what is expected of the singing section and their responsibilities to the club.  

Personally I think all members of the singing section should have to do X Factor style auditions in the Gorgie Suite as well ;) 

queensferryjambo
3 hours ago, jambocub said:

I do like your idea of having a fundraiser to help get them started with flags 

Kickback Mods is there any appetite to help out the singing section with some flags or banners at some point? Will happily donate if it is a goer

16 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

sorry but what the.....are you on about regarding a certificate?

• davemclaren locked this topic