New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

Hello there everyone, we are HMFCSSO. Some of you might have seen or heard about us on twitter. We are attending a meeting on Wednesday which is regarding an official singing section being added to Tynecastle next season. We would like there to be a designated area of the ground where anyone that wants to sing and create an atmosphere for the whole game doesn't feel out of place. We have had an amazing amount of people telling us they would join the section next season. Obviously the club will get the final say but we are still not sure where the best area of the ground for this would be. Our aim is to give Tynecastle a rocking atmosphere for games big and small next season. We would be more than happy to answer any questions or ideas anyone has.

IMG_3461.JPG

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

Captain America

Good luck with this.

Keep away from the 'banned songs' and I think the majority of fans will back you. 

Sections G & N are obvious choices for location due to them already being the sections associated with singing but close proximity to away fans might put club's hierarchy off those areas with the outcome of the last singing section attempt. 

Edited by C-3PO

John mcCartney

take over the gorgie road end lower,rip out the seats,make good
install terracing barriers and il join you next season

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, GorgieMIlls said:

I give it 5 weeks

Longer that the vermin's 12th man shite in their breeze block leg-go stand then FTH.

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

lower section N was rocking at the Celtic game, section N seems to be the place.

Deffo, :smile:.

2 minutes ago, GorgieMIlls said:

I give it 5 weeks

Unlike the attempted last 2 singing sections by groups at Tynecastle, we will by working very closely to the club to assure there will be no problems and the club will be backing what we propose

Fxxx the SPFL

Given that the Gorgie will be redundant next season for hospitality (i beleive) then you could us the whole stand provided you could get 3,400 to sign up then move the family section into the wheatfield sorted

1 minute ago, HMFCSSO said:

Unlike the attempted last 2 singing sections by groups at Tynecastle, we will by working very closely to the club to assure there will be no problems and the club will be backing what we propose

Best of luck to you, and I genuinely mean that.   I'll be staying in Q but am very much a joiner-inner rather than a starter-upper.

Also avoid flags that say 'HERTZ'.

Good luck. I really hope it gets the go ahead and does well. These things don't happen overnight and aren't successful immediately but hopefully folk give it the time to grow. I don't expect to be in the country for much of next season but I'd definitely move to the new singing section whenever I get back, and I say that as someone who's sat on the same section in the Gorgie stand for almost 2 decades.

Would love to see the whole gorgie road end rocking.  The Germans have this sort of thing mastered and always seem to be behind the goals.

1 minute ago, ray gets bus pass soon said:

Given that the Gorgie will be redundant next season for hospitality (i beleive) then you could us the whole stand provided you could get 3,400 to sign up then move the family section into the wheatfield sorted

This would be the perfect scenario but those numbers may be a bit ambitious. We have currently had a good few hundred people say they would join but if all goes to plan, a lot more will feel more comfortable being there if the club gives it official approval 

Good luck lads and lassies, anything to help the atmosphere should be encouraged and that's coming from an auld fart!!

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Good luck lads and lassies, anything to help the atmosphere should be encouraged and that's coming from an auld fart!!

Ha Ha, aye we auld farts remember the shed.

6 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

take over the gorgie road end lower,rip out the seats,make good
install terracing barriers and il join you next season

This for me. Me and my mates in Q but would consider moving if this got off the ground.  Any huns without the bus pass carry on and it will die on it's arse very quickly.

14 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Hello there everyone, we are HMFCSSO. Some of you might have seen or heard about us on twitter. We are attending a meeting on Wednesday which is regarding an official singing section being added to Tynecastle next season. We would like there to be a designated area of the ground where anyone that wants to sing and create an atmosphere for the whole game doesn't feel out of place. We have had an amazing amount of people telling us they would join the section next season. Obviously the club will get the final say but we are still not sure where the best area of the ground for this would be. Our aim is to give Tynecastle a rocking atmosphere for games big and small next season. We would be more than happy to answer any questions or ideas anyone has.

IMG_3461.JPG

Fair play to you mate.

Please just make sure it is well organised and well enforced, so nobody takes it to far and sings songs that they should not. 

PhoenixHearts

No Rangers songs, Butchers Aprons or any mention of the word 'Hertz' and I'll support it. Plenty songs in our repertoire without needing to resort to sectarian pish. And the only colours we should be flying are maroon and white... Latvian and Qatari flags welcome.

Anyway, I imagine the singing section will have to kowtow to the clubs demands if this is to be an officially sanctioned group. I expect if it's regulated well enough and self-policed to a degree by mature head-screwed-on types with the clubs best interests at heart, there shouldn't be too much trouble and it may prove successful. 

In that case I'm all for it.

Would love to see this. Having been at the last two home games - was in upper G for the Derby and it was excellent. I know you cant compare to a derby but it was so bad against Motherwell I think the first song I heard was after we scored.

Be good to get a section that will jump about and sing regardless of the opposition and regardless of how the team is playing as that seems to be an excuse that is banded about a lot.

Good luck.

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

No Rangers songs, Butchers Aprons or any mention of the word 'Hertz' and I'll support it. Plenty songs in our repertoire without needing to resort to sectarian pish. And the only colours we should be flying are maroon and white... Latvian and Qatari flags welcome.

Anyway, I imagine the singing section will have to kowtow to the clubs demands if this is to be an officially sanctioned group. I expect if it's regulated well enough and self-policed to a degree by mature head-screwed-on types with the clubs best interests at heart, there shouldn't be too much trouble and it may prove successful. 

In that case I'm all for it.

Butcher's apron

:facepalm:

Son Of Anarchy

Got my backing 100% as long as its Hearts only songs. Stay away from the pish none of us want associated with. Seriously, use your heads and it could be great. 

1 minute ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

Got my backing 100% as long as its Hearts only songs. Stay away from the pish none of us want associated with. Seriously, use your heads and it could be great. 

Yup.

20 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

IMG_3461.JPG

Is the guy on the left holding a flare? :laugh:

Might be an idea to change that

PhoenixHearts
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Butcher's apron

:facepalm:

Aye mate. Butcher's Apron.

It's just your standard Union Flag most of the time, but people bringing them to the football are 90% likely only doing so for one reason. Provocation. That's when it becomes a "Butcher's Apron".

Montgomery Brewster

Good luck. 

Will be interested in what sections the club come up with. It won’t be the main stand that’s for sure as they will see this as a golden opportunity to try and move on the standers from the dearer seats

fth

2 minutes ago, TheMaganator said:

Is the guy on the left holding a flare? :laugh:

Might be an idea to change that

Mate it's only a graphic

5 minutes ago, Son Of Anarchy said:

This. 

Dagger Is Back

Good luck with it. Stay away from ‘those’ songs and any kind of racist/sectarian stuff, and you’ll get a lot of support I’d imagine, even from those not involved.

Ask the club to store flags, banners etc which will save you transport issues and access to the stadium issues, which the last group had. This was because the police and stewards either hadn’t been part of the agreement/communication or they were just beIng arsey.

Try to encourage the club to give you a section where your flags etc won’t spoil the views of others - this was another mistake last time around ie basing them at the bottom of the Roseburn.

Have you spoken to other fan groups ie overseas, Crystal Palace etc to find out how they manage to get it to work for them? I don’t think it’s rocket science but there may be lessons to learn, ideas to pinch. Ensuring everyone is on the same wavelength is so important. The club won’t want any hassle or bad publicity so the standards you set for your group in terms of behaviour and how you deal with any issues will be under the microscope 

Just now, HMFCSSO said:

Mate it's only a graphic

Rightly or wrongly , one of the club’s concerns with this will be whether or not the singing section will be able to behave itself.

If you want the club to get on board I would change the graphic.

Just my tuppence worth. I am in favour of a singing section fwiw

Just now, HMFCSSO said:

Mate it's only a graphic

It may well be, but when you are trying to get the club on side, as well as people who are skeptical about it given previous issues around this, using a graphic with a well known banned item on it might not get you off to the best start. Especially one that is associated with exactly the type of misbehaviour the club will not allow. 

I hope the meeting goes well and you get the go ahead. 

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

Aye mate. Butcher's Apron.

It's just your standard Union Flag most of the time, but people bringing them to the football are 90% likely only doing so for one reason. Provocation. That's when it becomes a "Butcher's Apron".

Nonsense. Without any doubt there is a lot of identity politics with taking the UJ to the games but this ‘Butcher’s Apron’ shit is seriously bad patter.  Usually by people that have not got a Scooby what they are talking about (not a dig).  I will keep this brief as it is not pertinent to this thread (or Terrace) but there are not many countries that do not have blood on their hands (not just big bad Britain) but there are certainly no countries that modernised the world like we did.  We took modern medicines to the world.  Surely this means we saved many lives all over also? – I know this fact does not suit the anti-union agenda but it is a fact (albeit an uncomfortable one to the haters).

Good luck. You'll be getting watched like a hawk because of past failures but that doesn't mean you can't be a success.

As long as you stay away from Sectarian songs and don't stoop to stealing drums and trying to set Irish flags on fire I'm sure you'll get the backing of the majority of fans. 

Thought Police

People saying behind the goal, I understand what you mean, like a Yellow Wall or the Kop style thing. But I think you’d only have to ask our neighbours what they think of moving their singing section from near the away fans to the other side of the ground. Closer to the away fans the better, but that’s just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, naeclue said:

Good luck with it, but please, no drum.

Drums do bring something to the table imo.

2 minutes ago, Crs87 said:

Can you list the songs you will be singing?

Im sure new songs will be written by them as well as old traditional ones

4 minutes ago, Crs87 said:

Can you list the songs you will be singing?

We will not be singing anything Sectarian or Racist but cannot give you a list of the songs we will be singing as there are too many to list

• davemclaren locked this topic