New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

8 hours ago, obua said:

Ok HMFCSSO I have asked 3 relevant questions I am still waiting for a reply,I’ve not given up yet but I’m already having doubts.

Doubts that he might have went to his bed ?

Calm doon.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Why dont we build on the 2 singing sections that we have at the moment, G and N.

Obviously at big games when roseburn is full of away fans G and N would be heard by them.

Im in N and the place was rocking during the celtic game.

That's what i thought. I expected this to happen when the new stand was built and that the N crowd would shift over to G, but not to be.

9 hours ago, obua said:

Ok HMFCSSO I have asked 3 relevant questions I am still waiting for a reply,I’ve not given up yet but I’m already having doubts.

How do you stop anyone latching onto a group?

I doubt there would be a membership so 'joining' really just mean being in close proximity during games. If the young team turn up at an away game and sing naughty songs, does the whole thing collapse? How do you stop it anyway?

6 hours ago, JyTees said:

It's clear there's already a few aneurysms about to pop at the mere mention of this.

Best of luck HMFCSSO. I hope it takes off and you're allowed to enjoy yourselves without too many sadsacks trying to piss on your parade.

Really wonder why so many Hearts fans invest so much time and effort in being annoyed with fellow Hearts fans. 

This again? Just about every, if not every single poster on this thread has wished the OP luck. He came on asking for input, questions and suggestions. That’s what he’s received along with universal support. Other than your misplaced ire, nobody has tried to pick a fight. 

People having doubts over its success = Zero negative impact on its success.

People responding to his request for input = Zero negative impact on its success.

To me it looks as though some folk are already clamouring to blame other people for any potential failure. 

Finally, all the very best of luck AGAIN to the OP and his mates. Hope it is a roaring success. It could substantially improve the atmosphere at Tynecastle if they get it right.

14 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I doubt there would be a membership so 'joining' really just mean being in close proximity during games. If the young team turn up at an away game and sing naughty songs, does the whole thing collapse? How do you stop it anyway?

It’s a fair point. I would imagine the club would be satisfied as long as there was at least an attempt to discourage certain behaviour from the founders. 

Has to be section G or N for me.  Don't think people who aren't massive singers e.g families and older people would want to sit in N and G next to a full roseburn of hibs or the old firm baying for blood whilst all the young guys in the hearts singing section are away down the other end. 

13 hours ago, obua said:

A1.) There is no possible way to deal with this issue. Can you think of a way to deal with this ? ?

A2.) Yes we plan on having a singing section at away games.

A3.) We fall into a very varied age group, youngest being 13, oldest being 50 ??

4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

There is nothing we can do about this issue

buckhind jambo

some on here all for sections G and N for this, im not so sure, already a good atmosphere  in these sections, IMO this has to happen in the gorgie end, imagine that whole end rocking! directly opposite the away end now that would be something

1 hour ago, HMFCSSO said:

A1.) There is no possible way to deal with this issue. Can you think of a way to deal with this ? ?

A2.) Yes we plan on having a singing section at away games.

A3.) We fall into a very varied age group, youngest being 13, oldest being 50 ??

If you're going to the club with a proposal for a block of seats dedicated to the section, you can have a general statement of avoidance of songs with explicitly violent or sectarian overtones, and state that anyone in the section will be asked to sign it. It would be very difficult to enforce and certainly those sitting nearby could easily violate it. But it could be a statement of intent and those that would offend are more likely to balk at putting their signature on something like that.

Just train the security cameras on them, any sectarian singing and the individuals concerned are banned and their tickets cancelled. 

The club would only only need to purchase (and show an example of how good the evidence) a good quality system to put an end to this shite once and for all. 

2 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

According to Twitter Mr Tinker.

That’s good as hopefully Ann is busy writing cheques for new players tonight. ?

fabienleclerq

I couldn't hear the tiny tim brigade at the last game, think they made an error going behind the goals. Lower tier would be worse but I'm assuming that's to be on TV?

5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I couldn't hear the tiny tim brigade at the last game, think they made an error going behind the goals. Lower tier would be worse but I'm assuming that's to be on TV?

Last time there was a young team there was only 2 rows of people and it was not a central position. This time we would have a lot more people and have it central Gorgie. 

fabienleclerq
3 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Last time there was a young team there was only 2 rows of people and it was not a central position. This time we would have a lot more people and have it central Gorgie. 

Think you lose the noise being so low, it's your baby tho! Hopefully it spreads and you need the upper bits too. Think the hospitality may be an issue being centre of Gorgie as the doors are there.

good luck hope it happens. When you watch the german teams you can't but be impressed with it and the atmosphere it generates.

Like all posters, also long as the songs don't drag the club in the gutter, there is no reason it can't be a success and something we can all ultimately be proud off.

Good luck 

I've always thought self-policing a membered singing section is that you would have the name and ST details of every member and if a few sang Sectarian songs (home or away) then you report their name to the club and they get banned for a certain amount of time. Boom. Easy.Obviously this doesn't solve the non-members coming to sit close-by, but self-policing is not a totally impossible thing to do as it seems to be being made out to be. 

Good luck with the meeting tonight, let all us nosey KBers know how you get on.  

Serge Pizzorno
21 minutes ago, Cade said:

You cannot artificially manufacture atmosphere at a football match.

It's been tried before.

It didn't work.

This. And when it doesn’t work hopefully this’ll be the last attempt

been here before
1 hour ago, Cade said:

It's been tried before.

It didn't work.

Aye but a drum though eh? And a megaphone. Barry.

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, HMFCSSO said:

Gorgie Stand is just not a good idea it is the stand with the fans who will least likely accept or appreciate a singing section.

It is filled with parents with their young children and of course grumpy old men :) They will not put up with a drum banging next to them every week no matter how much you think they will. I can assure you they moaned like **** when there was a drum in the Roseburn stand. 

Use some common sense take some solid advice and take the singing section to a stand that will appreciate a singing section. 

Serge Pizzorno
6 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Gorgie Stand is just not a good idea it is the stand with the fans who will least likely accept or appreciate a singing section.

It is filled with parents with their young children and of course grumpy old men :) They will not put up with a drum banging next to them every week no matter how much you think they will. I can assure you they moaned like **** when there was a drum in the Roseburn stand. 

Use some common sense take some solid advice and take the singing section to a stand that will appreciate a singing section. 

This 100%. A singing section yes but an ultras group with a drum is nothing more than cringeworthy especially up here. 

3 hours ago, Cade said:

It's been tried before.

It didn't work.

You ever seen a European football match that isn’t in Britain? In literally any other country?

28 minutes ago, West Side Hearts said:

This 100%. A singing section yes but an ultras group with a drum is nothing more than cringeworthy especially up here. 

These groups consistently outsing us, with the exception of the last two big home games, and have done for years. I personally find that more cringeworthy, and would find it odd if any Hearts fan didn’t.

Edited by maroonexile

?? IT IS WITH GREAT DELIGHT THAT WE CAN TELL YOU THE MEETING WENT VERY WELL??

??THE CLUB ARE FULLY SUPPORTIVE OF OUR SECTION AND LIKE OUR VISION ??

?? NOT 100% CONFIRMED BUT WILL MOST LIKELY BE IN LOWER GORGIE STAND IN THE SECTION NEAREST THE WHEATFIELD ??

Please ask us any questions you have regarding the meeting ????

Good that the club want it in the the Gorgie stand

How many seats are they going to give you?

Edited by kila

Captain America
5 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

?? NOT 100% CONFIRMED BUT WILL MOST LIKELY BE IN LOWER GORGIE STAND IN THE SECTION NEAREST THE WHEATFIELD ??

:pleasing:

Good luck with it.

Just now, kila said:

Good that the club want it in the the Gorgie stand

How many seats are they going to give you?

One whole lower section of the Gorgie nearest the wheatfield but if it sells out the club would be happy to give us room to grow

4 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Thats where my 5 STs are.

No offence but I have sat there for years  FFS

?

Still bigger picture and all that 

6 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Vision,you only want to sing at the football,hardly ground breaking.

Just now, obua said:

Do visions have to be groundbreaking?

queensferryjambo
6 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

Are season ticket holders going to lose their seats to accommodate the singing section?

queensferryjambo
10 minutes ago, kila said:

Good that the club want it in the the Gorgie

I presume you don't sit there? Just out of interest why do you think the Gorgie is a good idea? I think it is the worst option in the ground.

9 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Save the GORGIE LOWER campaign getting started.

Who is with me 

I'm in!  

Unless we get shifted to posh seats again.......

Edited by Gambo

...a bit disco
Just now, queensferryjambo said:

I presume you don't sit there? Just out of interest why do you think the Gorgie is a good idea? I think it is the worst option in the ground.

Would have thought Lower G myself.

9 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Thats where my 5 STs are.

No offence but I have sat there for years  FFS

?

Still bigger picture and all that 

Just get involved?

Just now, queensferryjambo said:

I think behind the goals is the best place. But yeah there is the problem of the folk who currently sit there which needs to be dealt with delicately if they go forward with this.

4 minutes ago, JamboSean said:

Just get involved?

They days are behind me bud.

Used to start a few songs in the shed back in the day 

I'm all for progress so hope this goes well ?

7 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I'm in!  

Unless we get shifted to posh seats again.......

Already counted you in.

Happy to move elsewhere in the Gorgie but don't expect to pay more as a result TBH and will I get 5 seats together????

Just now, PTBCAL said:

They days are behind me bud.

Used to start a few songs in the shed back in the day 

I'm all for progress so hope this goes well ?

I wasn't being serious, apologies.

I'm actually glad it's not near me tbh.

34 minutes ago, HMFCSSO said:

:greatpost:

Excellent news. 

32 minutes ago, obua said:

I didn't hear anyone say "groundbreaking" 

35 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Save the GORGIE LOWER campaign getting started.

Who is with me 

If I was you I'd get a drum a few banners and start some protest songs on Saturday...............:laugh:

• davemclaren locked this topic