New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Indeed. These guys are actually doing a wee bit of damage by adopting the “just lads being lads, let them get it out of their system” attitude. These young lads are risking their chances of getting on in life, and anyone who tries to point this out getting told to be quiet, is just stupid.

There was a guy who posted on here that he nicked someone’s bag, and then tried to return it, but has a criminal record now, and he can’t keep a job. FFS... it’s not being mean to these guys to try and make them understand that that is how these things work, and they are gambling with their futures.

Good chance 99% of the idiots in that video will grow out of this stupid shit, but there’s every chance it’ll be too late, if they get nicked for something before then.

As I’ve repeatedly said again and again though. These guys are not the real problem. It’s the ****ing weird racist ***** grooming them that are the big problem.

Yes, primarily because they are being viewed as mentors to be listened to and trusted. One of the reasons I repeatedly bang on about the club getting involved (apologies for mentioning it again!) is these kids will not listen to reason from the likes of us but they might listen to people from the club. Having thought about this for a while and read other posters take on the situation I would be against just banning them. Give them a chance, speak to them, get players to speak to them if need be, we have guys from diverse backgrounds. That would be the right thing to do. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Yes, primarily because they are being viewed as mentors to be listened to and trusted. One of the reasons I repeatedly bang on about the club getting involved (apologies for mentioning it again!) is these kids will not listen to reason from the likes of us but they might listen to people from the club. Having thought about this for a while and read other posters take on the situation I would be against just banning them. Give them a chance, speak to them, get players to speak to them if need be, we have guys from diverse backgrounds. That would be the right thing to do. 

Maybe. Worth a shot I suppose. When you read some of the shit they have posted about our owner and managers over the last few seasons however... I won’t hold my breath.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Maybe. Worth a shot I suppose. When you read some of the shit they have posted about our owner and manager over the last few of seasons however... I won’t hold my breath.

Actually acknowledging those views previously being espoused but responding in a constructive manner rather than being reactionary would be a powerful message in itself. 

I have no problem with fans being fans, but I have a huge problem with fans bringing their beliefs to the game. 

Lee rigby has nothing to do with hearts or the league cup, neither does any other belief or religion. So keep them the **** away from Hearts and just support your team ffs.

ToadKiller Dog

Young Fans who are banned and they should be banned if acting in a sectarian or racist manner or similar , should get a chance to reduce or remove the ban, if they volunteer to help with Big Hearts or other similar community projects like show racisim the red card and Nil by mouth. 

When a youth under 16 gets a ban do his parents get informed? 

Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

Young Fans who are banned and they should be banned if acting in a sectarian or racist manner or similar , should get a chance to reduce or remove the ban, if they volunteer to help with Big Hearts or other similar community projects like show racisim the red card and Nil by mouth. 

That's a good suggestion

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Actually acknowledging those views previously being espoused but responding in a constructive manner rather than being reactionary would be a powerful message in itself. 

Hope so. I think the arseholes have their claws too deeply embedded in to them now however. Hope you are right and I am wrong. Put it this way, some of the older chaps filming them stand out like sore thumbs to me. Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if these particular videos start popping up on the media of some well known right wing groups that are kicking about; FLA, EDL and SDL, BNP and NF etc.

2 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Really is a good suggestion, that is the kind of proactive solution which I think could be effective. If you truly loved the club then you would be given a chance which is good. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 hours ago, Sarah O said:

I've never in my life flown a national flag, a political banner or any such item at a Hearts match - I go to support Hearts.

Perhaps sort out your own mob firs and their dubious politics before being offended by a tiny internet forum avatar sweetie.  xxx 

My Mob?

What are they to do with me?

Can you point to where I said I was offended by your avatar?

Take your time...

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Hope so. I think the arseholes have their claws too deeply embedded in to them now however. Hope you are right and I am wrong. Put it this way, some of the older chaps filming them stand out like sore thumbs to me. Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if these particular videos start popping up on the media of some well known right wing groups that are kicking about; FLA, EDL and SDL, BNP and NF etc.

I remain an optimist at 48! I would much rather try and do something positive than just exclude people of that age. The older boys just need emptied full stop. If your principal goal in life is advocating hatred then you have deep seated issues which are beyond redemption. 

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

:thumbsup:

Just now, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

My Mob?

Take your time...

Think he’s probably referring to your multiple posts on this thread sticking up for them and suggesting other posters were stalking children’s Twitter accounts when they posted the racist and sectarian shit they are peddling. Just a guess though m8.

So cause of a few flags we are now into the territory of BNP and NF. Jesus Christ! There was a few songs sung in the shandon which i don't agreed with but nothing racist. To start going on about them being SDL and shite like that is really clutching at straws.

Just now, TheStig said:

So cause of a few flags we are now into the territory of BNP and NF. Jesus Christ! There was a few songs sung in the shandon which i don't agreed with but nothing racist. To start going on about them being SDL and shite like that is really clutching at straws.

You don’t get the Lee Rigby link to the EDL and BNP, no? Here...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/lee-rigby-britain-first-election-broadcast-bbc-itv-a6993911.html%3famp

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/drummer-lee-rigbys-family-reject-extremist-groups-using-woolwich-murder-for-political-gain-8639417.html%3famp

Are you unaware of the BNP, EDL and FLA’s past presence in Edinburgh? Or are you being obtuse?

5 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

My Mob?

Take your time...

You don’t need to act the fool to already be considered as one m9. 

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Do you have proof that these lads have links to the EDL? The flag was most likely there as celtic fans have sung songs about lee rigby no longer drumming. Bad taste yes, anything to do with EDL? No chance

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Think he’s probably referring to your multiple posts on this thread sticking up for them and suggesting other posters were stalking children’s Twitter accounts when they posted the racist and sectarian shit they are peddling. Just a guess though m8.

So nobody on here took screenshots of anyones twitter?

As for sticking up for them, not really, I'm just not as bothered by them as some on here.  We have not been fined, nor will be because of them.  I'm leaving the crusading to others.

Bridge of Djoum
4 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Can people please pack in the "so called fan" chat. Regardless of someone's motives or actions you simply DO NOT GET THE CALL on whether or not someone is a fan. Only the individual gets that call. Really grinds my gears. How dare you think you have the power or control or indeed are important enough to determine who and who can not come into our community. Such is life, accept it. For what it is worth that nonsense is not up my street but these boys do not miss a game. They are massive fans of our club and have EVERY right to be.

Yet another epic fail and massive ''WHHHOOOOOOSSSHHHHH'' moment for you, eh wee man?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

You don’t need to act the fool to already be considered as one m9. 

So in short you can't answer my questions.

Thanks for playing.

10 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Welcome to JKB.

Laughable as it has been for a while now.

Folk who were heavily suggesting at being violent to fellow Hearts fans on Sunday now riding in on the white horse of righteousness.

If a flag, and I mean any flag, has you foaming at the mouth, maybe the problem is your own. I didn’t find too many of the flags in either end particularly savoury, or even relevant, but there’s no point sh*****g your pants about it. I don’t feel strongly about any of them, so I don’t bring one. If you do, then feel free.

My last post on this thread, as I’m tired of arguing with the same guys who seem to have their own prejudices, much like those they accuse.

Shut this thread, and leave the authorities to deal with any wrongdoing.

Edited by maroonexile

2 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

So in short you can't answer my questions.

Thanks for playing.

Another good one from assistant chief cheerleader of the national flag wavers.

You have constantly been on at me for using the Hearts badge and the Yes logo together to “promote” my beliefs.

I’ve now removed it as the snowflakes were upset. 

If you spend the entire time before the game singing loyalist and Rangers songs, with a couple of Hearts songs thrown in.  Then you're a Loyalist first, Hearts fan second,

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Another good one from assistant chief cheerleader of the national flag wavers.

You have constantly been on at me for using the Hearts badge and the Yes logo together to “promote” my beliefs.

I’ve now removed it as the snowflakes were upset. 

Are you a grown up?

I'm glad to see you have stopped using the Hearts badge to promote your own political beliefs.  At least now you don't look like a hypocrite.

Again, nobody was upset, well perhaps you when you lost the vote.

ToadKiller Dog
3 minutes ago, farin said:

Usually yes, they get a letter from the club & in some cases asked in for a meeting to discuss it. Not sure if the home visits by a club rep are still done nowadays though. 

No power over stopping fans attending away fixtures though, that requires a court issued Fbo.tanks 

Thanks, shows the club takes it seriously 

14 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Welcome to JKB.

Folk who were heavily suggesting at being violent to fellow Hearts fans on Sunday now riding in on the white horse of righteousness.

If a flag, and I mean any flag, has you foaming at the mouth, maybe the problem is your own. I didn’t find too many of the flags in either end particularly savoury, or even relevant, but there’s no point sh*****g your pants about it. I don’t feel strongly about any of them, so I don’t bring one. If you do, then feel free.

My last post on this thread, as I’m tired of arguing with the same guys who seem to have their own prejudices, much like those they accuse.

Shut this thread, and leave the authorities to deal with any wrongdoing.

Why should the thread be closed? Why do you think they brought a Lee Rigby flag to the game ?

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Depends on how you interpret the word “fan”. If you take it literally mean a ‘fanatic’ about HMFC, then that’s where the cracks begin to show. A few of the last singing section were very public and vocal about going to watch Rangers instead of Hearts, because they wanted to drive the agenda that they actually are fanatical about. That’s not Hearts fanatic behaviour.

Are they Hearts supporters? Again you have weigh it all up, and decide based on the evidence. They pay money for tickets and go along to games and sing songs. Some Hearts songs and some not. On the other hand they are actively damaging the club’s reputation, by using the murder of a young soldier to score points over Celtic. They are also singinging songs that directly go against the club’s wishes, as stated before every home match. On balance, they are creating more harm than support.

Just caught up on this thread. That Lee Rigby flag is unbelievable. What were they thinking? "Ken they do that song? Aye this'll get them telt. No surrender. Banter likesay."

Scummy little twats.

33 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Do you have proof that these lads have links to the EDL? The flag was most likely there as celtic fans have sung songs about lee rigby no longer drumming. Bad taste yes, anything to do with EDL? No chance

Of course I don’t have proof. That’s why I said I wouldn’t be surprised. It’s exactly their MO however. We shall see.

20 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Just caught up on this thread. That Lee Rigby flag is unbelievable. What were they thinking? "Ken they do that song? Aye this'll get them telt. No surrender. Banter likesay."

Scummy little twats.

Yep. There will be some older heads behind that particular flag however.

55 minutes ago, TheStig said:

With respect that is not how extreme right wing groups work anymore, the NF and the BNP are past tense. The spread of right wing ideologies is concerted in a far subtler manner, predominantly using social media. It's not difficult to see how impressionable individuals can be manipulated. 

Going to the trouble of getting that flag made up :facepalm:

Putting the Hearts crest on it so that we are now associated with Lee Rigby and No Surrender :facepalm:

Absolute cretins.

47 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Welcome to JKB.

Eh....it was you who was having a go at folk taking photos and sending them to the club instead of wading in and getting involved when fights broke out.

I wont comment on the recent flag itself, enough has already been said.

But surely a singing section is there to support and galvanise the fans.

Its a fact (as can be seen from the many comments here) that a sizable portion of our fans don't agree with this. It is completely detrimental to the singing section if they alienate themselves from the rest of the support.

Stick to the football lads and give politics or anything dubious a wide swerve.

Edited by Alan_R

some of the so called hearts fans on here I would rather have in front of me than behind me,same old faces giving the young team pelters,you need to get a life instead of feverishly awaiting the next post,to stick the boot in.

I wonder if the flag will be getting an airing for , oh who knows, Kilmarnock or maybe St Johnstone games? I would suspect not.

11 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

some of the so called hearts fans on here I would rather have in front of me than behind me,same old faces giving the young team pelters,you need to get a life instead of feverishly awaiting the next post,to stick the boot in.

Great to see you posting a comment on a thread that's not ridiculously critical of the current management team. You're just the kind of measured individual I would respect on all matters. 

38 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Eh....it was you who was having a go at folk taking photos and sending them to the club instead of wading in and getting involved when fights broke out.

On the second part yes. Frankly if I walked out of work this evening and a number people were setting about a colleague of mine for example, I would intervene. I have no qualms about that, particularly if the person is outnumbered or vulnerable.

There’s a big difference to a proactive/reactive activity here. Actively looking for violence should be dealt with by the authorities as appropriate, and I want to be clear I would not condone that.

Edited by maroonexile

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Why should the thread be closed? Why do you think they brought a Lee Rigby flag to the game ?

What purpose does it now fulfill? There’s no constructive dialogue now, and only one ‘side’.

I have no idea frankly. Something to do with Celtic fans abusing Lee Rigby I’d reckon. Wouldn’t be my choice of flag but each to their own.

Big Slim Stylee
18 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Some Hearts fans are utter dicks. Get over it.

jodami,this is not a thread about the management team,why would I want to do that????,maroonexile I doff my cap to you sir, my morals would dictate I did the same

5 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

On the second part yes. Frankly if I walked out of work this evening and a number people were setting about a colleague of mine for example, I would intervene. I have no qualms about that, particularly if the person is outnumbered or vulnerable.

There’s a big difference to a proactive/reactive activity here. Actively looking for violence should be dealt with by the authorities as appropriate, and I want to be clear I would not condone that.

Yes but you were having a go at someone who took a photo of Hearts fans fighting among themselves in the stands, not the situation you are describing there.

I'm 49.  Been there done it watching Hearts and am enjoying showing my boy of 13 the ropes so he can hopefully do the same with his son.  While I will always back the young team as let's face it we were all there at some point I am struggling to justify the politicisation of Lee Rigby and Hearts supporters.  While his brutal murder was shocking I can not get my head round what this has to do with Hearts as a club or a Hearts support.

Please stop this nonsense.  Please also stop Hello Hello with the Fenian Blood.  It is 2018.  Hearts as a club and as a support are better than this shite.  There is no place for it in a modern Scotland let alone Tynecastle.  It's embarassing.  It's bigoted.  It does not make you big or clever.  

SpruceBringsteen

A Lee Rigby flag ffs. Why not just go the whole hog and strap dildos to their foreheads at the same time? :lol:

A Lee Rigby flag. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spoiler

:lol:

In 2 minds about whether the club should come out and say something scoundrels nightmare of a flag. Do.they say anyone with anything to do with that flag are not welcome at Tynecastle or even banned. Or is that just giving the morons publicity

1 minute ago, Kev1998 said:

ps jodami,great to see you posting on the cadden thread,spending a wee bit away from this one,good lad

Yes, you'll generally find my views are constructive and optimistic. On this thread as well! 

12 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

What purpose does it now fulfill? There’s no constructive dialogue now, and only one ‘side’.

I have no idea frankly. Something to do with Celtic fans abusing Lee Rigby I’d reckon. Wouldn’t be my choice of flag but each to their own.

There is plenty constructive dialogue. What is the other "side" of the argument then?

8 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

in your opinion,my friend, in your opinion

So do you think it's constructive to let young men be influenced by bigots and parade around peddling nonsense? Behaviour which in this day and age could have profound impacts on other aspects of their lives. I think they need some help and guidance. 

35 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

I'm 49.  Been there done it watching Hearts and am enjoying showing my boy of 13 the ropes so he can hopefully do the same with his son.  While I will always back the young team as let's face it we were all there at some point I am struggling to justify the politicisation of Lee Rigby and Hearts supporters.  While his brutal murder was shocking I can not get my head round what this has to do with Hearts as a club or a Hearts support.

Please stop this nonsense.  Please also stop Hello Hello with the Fenian Blood.  It is 2018.  Hearts as a club and as a support are better than this shite.  There is no place for it in a modern Scotland let alone Tynecastle.  It's embarassing.  It's bigoted.  It does not make you big or clever.  

Well said Zico!

queensferryjambo
19 hours ago, hampdenharttley said:

Whats  the big deal ?? why does that flag bother some ??

I am all for the singing section and donated to their flag fund. I have wished them nothing but good luck.

However that flag at a Hearts match does bother me.

If you can't see why using an image of a murder victim on a 'football' flag is being crass then you never will.

• davemclaren locked this topic