New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

12 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Why does a flag with Lee Rigby, No Surrender and the Hearts crest on it bother people?

:cornette:

Looks like an orange order march gone badly awry

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Looks like an orange order march gone badly awry

Interchangeable cretins tbh.

Mind you, I  kind of admire their passion,

I'm now so politically disaffected that I couldn't give two shits about any of it

And slowly but surely they begin to morph into the previously banned singing section...

Well I am shocked.

Can people please pack in the "so called fan" chat. Regardless of someone's motives or actions you simply DO NOT GET THE CALL on whether or not someone is a fan. Only the individual gets that call. Really grinds my gears. How dare you think you have the power or control or indeed are important enough to determine who and who can not come into our community. Such is life, accept it. For what it is worth that nonsense is not up my street but these boys do not miss a game. They are massive fans of our club and have EVERY right to be.

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Can people please pack in the "so called fan" chat. Regardless of someone's motives or actions you simply DO NOT GET THE CALL on whether or not someone is a fan. Only the individual gets that call. Really grinds my gears. How dare you think you have the power or control or indeed are important enough to determine who and who can not come into our community. Such is life, accept it. For what it is worth that nonsense is not up my street but these boys do not miss a game. They are massive fans of our club and have EVERY right to be.

:wow:

Perth to Paisley

.... " They are massive fans of our club and have EVERY right to be"

They may well be big Hearts fans, but Hearts as an entity are not about anything sectarian and Hearts should not be used as a vehicle by them to flaunt their bigotry.

(Presuming they actually know what they are doing and my just acting like sheep!)

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Actually you don't have EVERY right to be a fan if you engage in sectarian and bigoted behaviour. The club is very clear about what it's stance is on this. You get banned for this stuff.

As for the bit in bold, if this is indeed the Singing Section then they've been posted missing several times this season.

Edited by Ray Gin

32 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I know have an image of you being the real life peter griffin that was going about....

Much as what you say is to a degree correct , Hearts and Tynecastle is not a vehicle for sectarian or political opinions. Assuming they know what they are passionately singing about. 

37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

****ing hell :lol:

:vrface:

The Treasurer
38 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The club have been very clear on what they don't want from supporters of the club.

If individuals choose to ignore those specific wishes of the club then they are not supporting the club, regardless of how many games they attend.

I still can't believe that Tony Robinson is a Jambo ... UTTER FUDS. 

That's the problem with us trying to shift tickets and opening it up for 4 tickets per person, 28k Hearts fans and 30 or so inbred mutants, who were obviously touched and beaten by their parents before they were carted off to jail, have to tarnish the clubs name and the experience of the day for the rest of us.  We need our own Guantanamo Bay for these clown is Scotland.

Ah, there we go. The old:

’bigots have every right to be bigots, and you are a bigot for condemning them’, argument. 

Great stuff.

1 hour ago, sadj said:

I know have an image of you being the real life peter griffin that was going about....

Much as what you say is to a degree correct , Hearts and Tynecastle is not a vehicle for sectarian or political opinions. Assuming they know what they are passionately singing about. 

I agree it is not.  I am not disputing that.  I am saying they ARE Hearts fans.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

The club have been very clear on what they don't want from supporters of the club.

If individuals choose to ignore those specific wishes of the club then they are not supporting the club, regardless of how many games they attend.

That is not my point

I am saying they are as much fans as me and you.  This is FACT btw.

14 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Ah, there we go. The old:

’bigots have every right to be bigots, and you are a bigot for condemning them’, argument. 

Great stuff.

No-one is saying that ffs!

Can you read?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Can you read?

Yes, although I sometimes wish I couldn’t when I see your avatar popping up. 

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That is not my point

It's not FACT though.

Would a 'fan' carry out actions that damage the clubs image and reputation?

All roads lead to Gorgie

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of what they do for a minute, where will they be for the Derby. Section G lower like for the cup game or scattered around the ground? 

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

That is not my point

FANS don't behave in a way that the club ask them not to.

How is that so difficult for you to grasp ?

Attending a game and embarrassing the club doesn't make you a fan

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Click the block button fella, it is also known as the ‘snowflake’ button.  Bash on – it means nothing to me.

If Adolf Hitler, Peter Tobin or Jimmy ****ing Saville support a football team they support it.  Glib and Shameless Crier can’t control this.  We, as a club control who comes in and out the ground but we have no say on who supports us.  Whatever people are, what their intentions are or behaviour has no bearing on them being fans of a team.

All the usual suspects jumping the gun and thinking I am condoning their nonsense, I ****ing hate that shit.  I am as much a ‘Proddy’ as I am a catholic.  I despise it all, it has no place in our ground.  But to say they are not fans is laughable.  They are just not fans you would wish to see in a textbook.  This is not weird science, we don’t get to design our dream fan.

5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

It's not FACT though.

Yes.  Some people are just like that.  I think you need a few lessons in life and the big bad world.

Edited by i8hibsh

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

FANS don't behave in a way that the club ask them not to.

How is that so difficult for you to grasp ?

Attending a game and embarrassing the club doesn't make you a fan

Did you write the rules?  You must think you are a pretty big deal if you think that.

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Yes.  Some people are just like that.  I think you need a few lessons in life and the big bad world.

:lol:

50 years old and brought up in Wester Hailes mate.

Probably know a damn sight more about life than your easily offended carcass.

The difference with these 'fans' is that they are going out of their way to deliberately damage the clubs rep.

Not me that needs the life lessons.

Edited by ...a bit disco

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

:lol:

50 years old and brought up in Wester Hailes mate.

Probably know a damn sight more about life than your easily offended carcass.

The difference with these 'fans' is that they are going out of their way to deliberately damage the clubs rep.

Not me that needs the life lessons.

If you are playing life trumps I give you born and raised in Clermiston.

Jeez, how many times.  I am fully aware of how much damage they can do to our club and do not condone them one single bit.  I can say this again for the 50th time in hope it gets understood.  My argument is they are Hearts fans.  Whether we like it or not. We, or no-one else decides what team they support except them.

I agree it is not.  I am not disputing that.  I am saying they ARE Hearts fans.

Not if they are going against the wishes off the club imo. Why some are banned from Tynecastle. You also have to question whats more important being a hearts fan and supporting the club or being known or being part of a crowd wi their pals. Are they massive fans or do they go to away games cause they can and can spout their nonsense. Undoubtably some will fall in that category the rest will be hearts fans. 

been here before
28 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

It's not FACT though.

No, no, no. As we establshed yesterday typing 'fact' at the end of an opinion does indeed make it a fact.

Only superceded by capitalising it.

FACT.

28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Did you write the rules?  You must think you are a pretty big deal if you think that.

No - the club did. That was his point

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Can you read?

The Treasurer

Who said anything about rules ?

The club have consistently asked those following the club not to act in a certain way, if people who follow the club then do the opposite it is not what I'd call "supporting" the club.

Anyway, with the latest news on our top scorer, I've more important things to concern myself about rather than some daft wee laddies making dicks of themselves

...a bit disco
13 minutes ago, been here before said:

No, no, no. As we establshed yesterday typing 'fact' at the end of an opinion does indeed make it a fact.

Only superceded by capitalising it.

FACT.

:sob:

Trumped.

...a bit disco
23 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If you are playing life trumps I give you born and raised in Clermiston.

Jeez, how many times.  I am fully aware of how much damage they can do to our club and do not condone them one single bit.  I can say this again for the 50th time in hope it gets understood.  My argument is they are Hearts fans.  Whether we like it or not. We, or no-one else decides what team they support except them.

A 'fan' would have the best of intentions towards the club. This lot don't.

They are choosing to go against the rules as set down by the club.

So, not 'fans'.

FACT.

12 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

No - the club did. That was his point

No they don't. The club controls who enters the ground not who is entitled to support them. This argument is absurd.

You cannot be a supporter of something by causing it harm. You can be a deluded puddle-drinking simpleton who merely uses the club as a vehicle to drive a different agenda, but you are not a “supporter”. It’s an oxymoron ffs. ?

Just now, i8hibsh said:

No they don't. The club controls who enters the ground not who is entitled to support them. This argument is absurd.

Am guessing you've never read the back of a ticket then or listened to Scott Wilson pre game.

Your argument is absurd. The club quite clearly has a set of expectations they ask from supporters. If you don't meet these you can be prevented from watching the team. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. But you argue away on a pointless tangent again. I think i preferred the stuff you did where you came up with funny derogatory names for players and staff like an 8 year old would. 

Let’s be honest... they are hearts fans. But they don’t care for the image of the club. 

I don’t care what people’s beliefs are but there’s a time & a place to express them. Be that if your religion, race or eating habits (that goes for you vegan bigots) a football game or any sporting event is not the place to express your beliefs.

Geoff the Mince

I wonder  who it was that decided to stick Lee Rigby on the flag?  Anyone want to ask them?  No Facebook or Twitter for me.  Very SDL 

9 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Let’s be honest... they are hearts fans. But they don’t care for the image of the club. 

I don’t care what people’s beliefs are but there’s a time & a place to express them. Be that if your religion, race or eating habits (that goes for you vegan bigots) a football game or any sporting event is not the place to express your beliefs.

Depends on how you interpret the word “fan”. If you take it literally mean a ‘fanatic’ about HMFC, then that’s where the cracks begin to show. A few of the last singing section were very public and vocal about going to watch Rangers instead of Hearts, because they wanted to drive the agenda that they actually are fanatical about. That’s not Hearts fanatic behaviour.

Are they Hearts supporters? Again you have weigh it all up, and decide based on the evidence. They pay money for tickets and go along to games and sing songs. Some Hearts songs and some not. On the other hand they are actively damaging the club’s reputation, by using the murder of a young soldier to score points over Celtic. They are also singinging songs that directly go against the club’s wishes, as stated before every home match. On balance, they are creating more harm than support.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

Sad to see fans who are really on the same page debating the definition of fans, it really doesn't matter, they are here and they are visible at most games. What does matter is the club doing something about it. These are dangerous times we live in and football fans are being exploited by the right throughout the country just now. It wouldn't be a big surprise if the next step with these fools is associating themselves with the Football Lads Alliance and tarring the club with Tommy Robinson types. On balance I would say most of them are fairly dim sheep being led as opposed to out and out bigots but the club need to step in and deal with this sooner rather than later. 

17 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Am guessing you've never read the back of a ticket then or listened to Scott Wilson pre game.

Your argument is absurd. The club quite clearly has a set of expectations they ask from supporters. If you don't meet these you can be prevented from watching the team. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. But you argue away on a pointless tangent again. I think i preferred the stuff you did where you came up with funny derogatory names for players and staff like an 8 year old would. 

So instead of supporting what team your grandad and dad supported you are suggesting you must write to the club and seek permission to support them.  What the **** has the back of a ticket got to do with someone saying they are a fan of the club.

What team do you support Pal?

Well I want to support Hearts but i'm not allowed so I support no team

:fonzie:

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Sad to see fans who are really on the same page debating the definition of fans, it really doesn't matter, they are here and they are visible at most games. What does matter is the club doing something about it. These are dangerous times we live in and football fans are being exploited by the right throughout the country just now. It wouldn't be a big surprise if the next step with these fools is associating themselves with the Football Lads Alliance and tarring the club with Tommy Robinson types. On balance I would say most of them are fairly dim sheep being led as opposed to out and out bigots but the club need to step in and deal with this sooner rather than later. 

Ah, but mention they are being “groomed” and all the apologists come out screeching. :lol:

Some of us have been pointing this out for a long time. It’s been obvious for ages what’s going on here, but by raising the issue, you get shouted down by idiots. 

Take a wee look at the video posted further back. The teens with the flag are who grab your attention right away. Then look at who are on the outskirts filming it all... oh! Weird bald middle-aged men. Wonder who they are and what they are doing... hmmm...

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Ah, but mention they are being “groomed” and all the apologists come out screeching. :lol:

Some of us have been pointing this out for a long time. It’s been obvious for ages what’s going on here, but by raising the issue, you get shouted down by idiots. 

Take a wee look at the video posted further back. The teens with the flag are who grab your attention right away. Then look at who are on the outskirts filming it all... oh! Weird bald middle-aged men. Wonder who they are and what they are doing... hmmm...

I agree, undoubtedly they are pulling the strings with this shit and the wee laddies are dancing to their tune. I don't think there is anything darker than that but it is uncomfortably weird nonetheless. More practically, talking as a parent, the concerning thing for these kids, and that's what they are, is this shit now follows you in life due to social media. Every job application is now screened using social media and one look at that nonsense and it will be binned. 

3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I agree, undoubtedly they are pulling the strings with this shit and the wee laddies are dancing to their tune. I don't think there is anything darker than that but it is uncomfortably weird nonetheless. More practically, talking as a parent, the concerning thing for these kids, and that's what they are, is this shit now follows you in life due to social media. Every job application is now screened using social media and one look at that nonsense and it will be binned. 

A recently banned JKB poster springs to mind...

Personally, I would say far right groups grooming Edinburgh teens is a big deal, and dark and sinister enough.

ToadKiller Dog

I don't care about how they or others define them as fans or supporters.

What they are marching behind is a devise dead end ideology, even if they are too dumb to understand it or not. 

They may feel in doing so they represent some vision of what this club is ment to be or maybe they are just daft kids that don't know the damage caused by what they are doing and just enjoying the kicks and notoriety they get from it. 

But I do sense an older hand behind the Rigby banner smacks of a certain type of football lads ideology. 

Either way they do not represent anything our club stands for, or aims to be. 

As young lads tend to do they are pushing things too far and it's going to rebound and hit them square in the face quiet possibly with life changing limiting outcomes for some, if its not pulled back. 

1 minute ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I don't care about how they or others define them as fans or supporters.

What they are marching behind is a devise dead end ideology, even if they are too dumb to understand it or not. 

They may feel in doing so they represent some vision of what this club is ment to be or maybe they are just daft kids that don't know the damage caused by what they are doing and just enjoying the kicks and notoriety they get from it. 

But I do sense an older hand behind the Rigby banner smacks of a certain type of football lads ideology. 

Either way they do not represent anything our club stands for, or aims to be. 

As young lads tend to do they are pushing things too far and it's going to rebound and hit them square in the face quiet possibly with life changing limiting outcomes for some, if its not pulled back. 

Watch the video, mate. The folk behind it are easy to spot.

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

A recently banned JKB poster springs to mind...

Personally, I would say far right groups grooming Edinburgh teens is a big deal, and dark and sinister enough.

It is more than enough. It's interesting to hear from posters talking about doing daft things when they were younger and then changing their views as they gain more experience in life. Unless you were really daft and got arrested and charged then you move on and are not tainted forever by mistakes you made. That is not the case anymore. 

4 hours ago, jake said:

I got that .

Was more wondering why I was mentioned.

What's mandies? Possibly a  reference to that. 

14 minutes ago, Jodami said:

It is more than enough. It's interesting to hear from posters talking about doing daft things when they were younger and then changing their views as they gain more experience in life. Unless you were really daft and got arrested and charged then you move on and are not tainted forever by mistakes you made. That is not the case anymore. 

Indeed. These guys are actually doing a wee bit of damage by adopting the “just lads being lads, let them get it out of their system” attitude. These young lads are risking their chances of getting on in life, and anyone who tries to point this out getting told to be quiet, is just stupid.

There was a guy who posted on here that he nicked someone’s bag, and then tried to return it, but has a criminal record now, and he can’t keep a job. FFS... it’s not being mean to these guys to try and make them understand that that is how these things work, and they are gambling with their futures.

Good chance 99% of the idiots in that video will grow out of this stupid shit, but there’s every chance it’ll be too late, if they get nicked for something before then.

As I’ve repeatedly said again and again though. These guys are not the real problem. It’s the ****ing weird racist ***** grooming them that are the big problem.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

• davemclaren locked this topic