New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

10 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Didnt realise it was 15k tourists and the twenty or so SSO at the game. Looked a bigger crowd than that.

I think you know exactly what I mean. I’d much rather have them at Parkhead on Saturday than the hand sitters that were at Murrayfield on Sunday. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

3 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

I think you know exactly what I mean. I’d much rather have them at Parkhead on Saturday than the hand sitters that were at Murrayfield on Sunday. 

I was in section 18 and there were certainly no handsitters nearby and we were doing plenty singing. I’m sure there were a few in the stadium but then that’s their perogative. They’ve paid their money to come and watch Hearts. I’d much rather people sat on their hands than used them to throw punches or bottles at people, give Nazi salutes to the Celtic fans (arsehole near us)  or wave their union jacks and RHOU flags. ??

3 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

I think you’ve actually got that a wee bit arse over tit to be honest. It seemed to me that the major talking points from Sunday, regarding the supporters, were instigated by these “tourists” and not the regular match attending crowd. The bottle theowers and the Rigby flag wavers, for example. Unless they are regulars but just decided to make this game ‘special’. Are you saying you’d rather have that lot on Sunday, than fans who just want to cheer their team on?

Do I agree with everything these boys do ? Of course not. But generally they try their best to create some sort of atmosphere. I’ve seen footage of some of their march  to Murrayfield on Sunday and it looked great. We seem to be condemning every single one of them for the actions of a few. Sunday was weird. There did seem to be an extremely high count of arseholes generally. All the arseholes weren’t part of the OSS. 

18 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

Do I agree with everything these boys do ? Of course not. But generally they try their best to create some sort of atmosphere. I’ve seen footage of some of their march  to Murrayfield on Sunday and it looked great. We seem to be condemning every single one of them for the actions of a few. Sunday was weird. There did seem to be an extremely high count of arseholes generally. All the arseholes weren’t part of the OSS. 

Their self-stated purpose was to improve atmosphere at home games. They’ve done well at a couple of the home games and have definitely been noticeable at away games. They were posted missing at the last three home games though and were pretty poor for the most part in the stadium on Sunday. So some good and some bad in terms of generating atmosphere in matches. Maybe a 5/10 imo.

If their self-stated purpose had been waving political flags, playing with pyrotechnics, organising marches, singing offensive songs and promoting intolerance through their social media then they would have been a definite 10/10 imo.

4 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

I'd agree with you that the sectarian stuff has had a bit of a ressurgrnce the past couple of years

theres a bunch of folk on here very vocal against sectarianism which is all well and good but unfortunately most of them are also all over the "sevco" threads and referring to the union flag as butchers apron etc etc

woulfnt surprise me if that sort of thing helped strengthen the resolve of the sectarian element especially that of the younger guys

just a theory on one possible contributory factor 

So let's get this straight, these poor bigots are unhappy that people rightly refer to the holding company name of the firm that replaced the liquidated Rangers and use colloquialisms when referring to the union flag. And this anger will "strengthen their resolve". An intersting phrase that.

I would bet that very few of the young lads understand the butchers apron reference and have never known anything other than a liquidated Rangers replaced by a tribute act. However, I am absolutely certain that these things do piss off the creepy older boys that hang about them and they will be only too happy to use them to further wind up their juvenile acolytes.

1 hour ago, ZEUS said:

What is your opinion on using Lee Rigby’s name and image to push a sectarian agenda? 

2 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Or alternatively he could just create another new account under a different name. Probably into double figures this year already.

So tense, never tenser.

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 hours ago, Jodami said:

Hadn't considered that at all, pity as most of our Irish players have really contributed and Smith and Hughes seem decent guys. What is it about Union Jack's and Hearts fans though? Do people genuinely wave them driven by pride or just to antagonise the beggars and the vermin?

Definitely the latter. Nothing wrong with the flag on buildings, at sporting events involving the UK but Hearts matches ffs. It isn't even our club colours. We all know the reason the Zombies fly it but at least they can say it is their club colours. 

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, bikerjambo said:

I'm not a fan of the Union flag but I'd be feckin raging if I'd been ejected for flying the flag of my country because of one woman complaining, no place for it at a Hearts game but........to be ejected for it, I'd be having a word with a solicitor

Come to think of it, is it some sort of criminal offense to wave the flag? Don't think so which makes me think they might be singing something a bit unsavoury to go with it

Yes I didn’t mean to say they were ejected for flying the flag of the UK, not a country but let’s not get into that, they must’ve done something else to be ejected.  The act of buying it, taking to a game and then doing something worthy of being ejected gives you an insight into their mindset does it not? I have never felt the urge to take a Saltire or a Lion Rampant to anything other than a Scotland game. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 hours ago, Jodami said:

So let's get this straight, these poor bigots are unhappy that people rightly refer to the holding company name of the firm that replaced the liquidated Rangers and use colloquialisms when referring to the union flag. And this anger will "strengthen their resolve". An intersting phrase that.

I would bet that very few of the young lads understand the butchers apron reference and have never known anything other than a liquidated Rangers replaced by a tribute act. However, I am absolutely certain that these things do piss off the creepy older boys that hang about them and they will be only too happy to use them to further wind up their juvenile acolytes.

you seem a wee bit angry at my suggestion - which is all it was - a possible contributory factor

folk most vocal about stamping out sectarianism (obviously a good thing) on here also seem to be in the same subset of very vocal sevco / union flag haters - that's the connection 

it's very obvious

albeit jokingly it was shown at one of the games that the young team hate kickback 

when ur not too angry you've shown you're very capable of reasoned adult debate so I'm guessing you might actually consider there could be a strength of resolve gained by young folk being told they should behave differently by older folk especially ones who have polar opposite views on the subject

:)

18 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

you seem a wee bit angry at my suggestion - which is all it was - a possible contributory factor

folk most vocal about stamping out sectarianism (obviously a good thing) on here also seem to be in the same subset of very vocal sevco / union flag haters - that's the connection 

it's very obvious

albeit jokingly it was shown at one of the games that the young team hate kickback 

when ur not too angry you've shown you're very capable of reasoned adult debate so I'm guessing you might actually consider there could be a strength of resolve gained by young folk being told they should behave differently by older folk especially ones who have polar opposite views on the subject

I’m one of the most vocal about stamping out sectarianism and I can’t recall posting on the Sevco thread or expressing any sort of strong view of them. I also don’t mind Union Jacks unless they’re used at football matches to make a political statement or have No Surrended emblazoned across them. I’m wearing a poppy on my jacket as I type this and will be carrying my grandfather’s war medals with me at the Remembrance Service next Sunday as usual.

How does that fit with your theory?  ?

Edited by To Be Frank

36 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

it's very obvious

I think the people keen to stamp out sectarianism have equal disdain for both the Old Firm and the baggage they carry. That is evident. The issue is it's only one half of that element that some fans are keen to associate with the club and that is what annoys me and others as historically it has nothing to do with Hearts. That's why people are vocal about the displaying of the union flag, which seems primarily used to provoke reaction. Sadly in the same way a flag depicting a young man who was murdered in cold blood was utilised on Sunday. 

Interesting comment on these young men hating kickback, a rejection of authority and older people in their eyes. That in many ways is healthy and I can understand and personally recognise that attitude. What I cannot understand is why they would embrace even older established views that have zero bearing on their lives. After all, this is not the 70s or 80s when terrorism was a mainland as well as Irish issue. 

I am angry about sectarian and racism being associated with the club, I thought it was slowly dying a death but then the world in general now seems to regularly surprise and appall. I am also just a bit suspicious though, suspicious that that this young group seems to be nuanced in a way that is not reconciliable with their age or experience of life. 

Edited by Jodami

Big Slim Stylee
29 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

it's very obvious

I dislike pejoratives being used for the Union flag. I also dislike the flag being hijacked for pathetic and offensive attempts at “bantz” by a cringingly misguided and intellectually bankrupt element of the support.

17 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I dislike pejoratives being used for the Union flag. I also dislike the flag being hijacked for pathetic and offensive attempts at “bantz” by a cringingly misguided and intellectually bankrupt element of the support.

Indeed. 

3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

What is your opinion on using Lee Rigby’s name and image to push a sectarian agenda? 

I think anyone using his name apart from his family is shameful. I think the point I’m trying to make is that all of them shouldn’t be tarnished with the same brush. My son went along to their march for the first time and he said all in all it was great. I know for a fact he doesn’t have any views or interest in any agenda. 

2 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

I think anyone using his name apart from his family is shameful. I think the point I’m trying to make is that all of them shouldn’t be tarnished with the same brush. My son went along to their march for the first time and he said all in all it was great. I know for a fact he doesn’t have any views or interest in any agenda. 

Out of interest, was the LR flag being carried by the singing section?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
40 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I’m one of the most vocal about stamping out sectarianism and I can’t recall posting on the Sevco thread or expressing any sort of strong view of them. I also don’t mind Union Jacks unless they’re used at football matches to make a political statement or have No Surrended emblazoned across them. I’m wearing a poppy on my jacket as I type this and will be carrying my grandfather’s war medals with me at the Remembrance Service next Sunday as usual.

How does that fit with your theory?  ?

frank had I said "everyone" or are the "exact same subset" then u may have had a point but as I didn't I don't think you do

18 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I have no idea. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
41 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I think the people keen to stamp out sectarianism have equal disdain for both the Old Firm and the baggage they carry. That is evident. The issue is it's only one half of that element that some fans are keen to associate with the club and that is what annoys me and others as historically it has nothing to do with Hearts. That's why people are vocal about the displaying of the union flag, which seems primarily used to provoke reaction. Sadly in the same way a flag depicting a young man who was murdered in cold blood was utilised on Sunday. 

Interesting comment on these young men hating kickback, a rejection of authority and older people in their eyes. That in many ways is healthy and I can understand and personally recognise that attitude. What I cannot understand is why they would embrace even older established views that have zero bearing on their lives. After all, this is not the 70s or 80s when terrorism was a mainland as well as Irish issue. 

I am angry about sectarian and racism being associated with the club, I thought it was slowly dying a death but then the world in general now seems to regularly surprise and appall. I am also just a bit suspicious though, suspicious that that this young group seems to be nuanced in a way that is not reconciliable with their age or experience of life. 

well im no expert but I understand why folk are sick of this especially those who've been going for years and thought it had died out - it has still greatly improved even if it's showing signs of a resurgence 

the loyalist connection being out of date I think can be explained by (and you'll probably disagree which is obviously fine) it simply being anti-Celtic 

its a ****ed-up issue full of contradictions which folk still don't seem to understand that's why unbelievably folk are still scratching their heads about how the same fans can love jimmy dunne for example likewise plenty apparently bigoted rangers fans loved amaruso and nacho nova both of which I'm guessing don't fit the logical profile

its not logical and not simply about being catholic or Irish - plenty evidence to support that

anyway thats probably my 5 posts for the month quota used up - glad they weren't wasted :)

7 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

frank had I said "everyone" or are the "exact same subset" then u may have had a point but as I didn't I don't think you do

Dont know if you include me in that presumed category too, but it couldn’t be further from the truth for me either. Lot of service men and women in my family, Poppy in my lapel as we speak and I’m in no way shape or form offended by UFs or Tricolors. I think you are maybe just a bit prejudiced n thinking that it’s only ‘the other side’ that don’t like sectarianism. Like if you don’t like the way these clowns act, it’s because you are a secret Tim, or something.

That flag is a total ****ing shanner and it’s offensive because of the Images that have tossed together as though they are all part of the same institution. That and the very obvious insult to the wishes of Lee Rigby’s family.

73BF50AA-006D-419E-B98B-6E06F07D29F3.jpeg

4 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

I have no idea. 

Sound. I can only speak for myself, but I’d want to know what my kid was up to if he/she attended one of these things. If they were being associated with that flag or those chants and songs, I’d be seriously questioning where I went wrong to drive him/her in to such company, and be intervening in the strongest possible manner.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Sound. I can only speak for myself, but I’d want to know what my kid was up to if he/she attended one of these things. If they were being associated with that flag or those chants and songs, I’d be seriously questioning where I went wrong to drive him/her in to such company, and be intervening in the strongest possible manner.

Thanks for the parental advice. I hope it’s advice and nothing more. My son wouldn’t know the difference between Lee Rigby and Lee Makel. Innocently went along to a march to sing some Hearts songs. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Dont know if you include me in that presumed category too, but it couldn’t be further from the truth for me either. Lot of service men and women in my family, Poppy in my lapel as we speak and I’m in no way shape or form offended by UFs or Tricolors. I think you are maybe just a bit prejudiced n thinking that it’s only ‘the other side’ that don’t like sectarianism. Like if you don’t like the way these clowns act, it’s because you are a secret Tim, or something.

That flag is a total ****ing shanner and it’s offensive because of the Images that have tossed together as though they are all part of the same institution. That and the very obvious insult to the wishes of Lee Rigby’s family.

73BF50AA-006D-419E-B98B-6E06F07D29F3.jpeg

if youre the poster who used to be Bez then no I don't include you or frank in the subset in fact I think I remember Bez saying it was ok to sing about hating the ira 

as I said to frank I specifically did not say the exact same people - I would for example include Jodami in the subset rightly or wrongly - just my perception which may well be wrong 

unlikely to change your view of me being prejudiced but true all the same

Just now, ZEUS said:

Thanks for the parental advice. I hope it’s advice and nothing more. My son wouldn’t know the difference between Lee Rigby and Lee Makel. Innocently went along to a march to sing some Hearts songs. 

It was not advice. I wouldn’t presume to tell anyone else how to raise their kids. I’m simply stating that if it was my kid, I’d be wary of them having anything to do with the group and the March, and if that flag was part of their group, or those songs were being sung, he/she wouldn’t be anywhere near them in future.

28 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

No its was at the middle point of the March and the March got bigger as the group got closer to Murrayfield 

Just now, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

if youre the poster who used to be Bez then no I don't include you or frank in the subset in fact I think I remember Bez saying it was ok to sing about hating the ira 

as I said to frank I specifically did not say the exact same people - I would for example include Jodami in the subset rightly or wrongly - just my perception which may well be wrong 

unlikely to change your view of me being prejudiced but true all the same

I was Bez, and I stand by what I said. I have nothing but loathing and hate for the IRA and anyone who supports them or pretends to to make themselves look edgy and political. Total *****.

I used prejudiced, in its purest translation, of: to pre-judge. Which I believe is what you pretty much said yourself, with regards to how you view the folk who are against sectarianism. If I got that wrong then apologies.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No its was at the middle point of the March and the March got bigger as the group got closer to Murrayfield 

Cheers. That’s interesting. It’s also good that by your account they were not part of the official singing section, as I really don’t see how they could come back from a shit the bed moment like that.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I was Bez, and I stand by what I said. I have nothing but loathing and hate for the IRA and anyone who supports them or pretends to to make themselves look edgy and political. Total *****.

I used prejudiced, in its purest translation, of: to pre-judge. Which I believe is what you pretty much said yourself, with regards to how you view the folk who are against sectarianism. If I got that wrong then apologies.

apology accepted ?

PhoenixHearts
23 hours ago, maroonexile said:

What purpose does it now fulfill? There’s no constructive dialogue now, and only one ‘side’.

I have no idea frankly. Something to do with Celtic fans abusing Lee Rigby I’d reckon. Wouldn’t be my choice of flag but each to their own.

But it's not "Each to their own" is it? They're flying their horrible banner and singing their shitty rangers songs in the Hearts end therefore it may as well be representative of all of us, unfortunately.

I disagree with their politics, but I'm happy for them to fly their stupid banner in their own front garden, just don't bring it into OUR house where we can all collectively be tarnished by their selfishness.

People don't say things like "Did you see that small half section of people in the lower tier behind the goal in the hearts end with the horrible Lee Rigby flag?".

No, they say "Did you see the Hearts fans with their horrible Lee Rigby flag?". They are bringing us all down. Am I **** going to let them speak for me or the rest of our support.

Get rid.

Jambof3tornado
57 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

I fear that a few of those that started out like your son are getting caught up in it all. Ignorant of the agendas some of the ringleaders hold.

24 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I fear that a few of those that started out like your son are getting caught up in it all. Ignorant of the agendas some of the ringleaders hold.

My son wouldn’t get caught up in all that. Trust me. Who exactly are the ringleaders?

Im not on any social media platforms so I haven’t seen any pictures of them ?

EastSideJambo
4 minutes ago, farin said:

Whether you agree or disagree with the sentiments of this flag is neither here nor there, fact is the family have expressed on numerous occasions that they don’t want their son’s memory to be hijacked by flags like this. It must be terrible for them to see these wishes being flaunted repeatedly by people..  Show some real respect & respect a grieving families wishes. 

B34C4651-B98B-4371-AD8F-97723D3C35EB.jpeg.b08b3b214ca45ccd4448e1c708c99b2f.jpeg

You'd have to wonder what a flag of that nature is doing at a Hearts game 

15 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

You'd have to wonder what a flag of that nature is doing at a Hearts game 

At any game. **** all to do with football.

2 hours ago, ZEUS said:

Hope he got a chance to sing the innocent ones then.

38 minutes ago, farin said:

Whether you agree or disagree with the sentiments of this flag is neither here nor there, fact is the family have expressed on numerous occasions that they don’t want their son’s memory to be hijacked by flags like this. It must be terrible for them to see these wishes being flaunted repeatedly by people..  Show some real respect & respect a grieving families wishes. 

Seeing a flag with the Hearts badge and No Surrender on it boils my pish almost as much as the Lee Rigby stuff. ?

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Seeing a flag with the Hearts badge and No Surrender on it boils my pish almost as much as the Lee Rigby stuff. ?

And then add in the capitalisation of every word...

40 minutes ago, farin said:

That’s exactly it. The idea that is has anything to do with showing respect is such absolute bullshit. They don’t care if they’re disrespecting his memory or his family’s wishes in the same way they don’t care if they’re bothering a significant % of the Hearts support or harming the club’s rep. 

It’ll be interesting to see if this flag makes an appearance again. Especially at Tynecastle.

Social Media was busy with giving it all the “I want hatred and pyro and more hatred and pyro and FTP and FT f-words and FT t-words and  blah blah blah” in the run up to the semi. They talk about deliberately being as offensive as possible, about groups of people they hate, and they talk about chemical assistance for their day out. They just about never actually mention Hearts or even football. Take what you will from that. They couldn’t care less about the effect on the club because it’s not really about HMFC apparently. 

??‍♀️

11 minutes ago, redm said:

That’s exactly it. The idea that is has anything to do with showing respect is such absolute bullshit. They don’t care if they’re disrespecting his memory or his family’s wishes in the same way they don’t care if they’re bothering a significant % of the Hearts support or harming the club’s rep. 

It’ll be interesting to see if this flag makes an appearance again. Especially at Tynecastle.

Social Media was busy with giving it all the “I want hatred and pyro and more hatred and pyro and FTP and FT f-words and FT t-words and  blah blah blah” in the run up to the semi. They talk about deliberately being as offensive as possible, about groups of people they hate, and they talk about chemical assistance for their day out. They just about never actually mention Hearts or even football. Take what you will from that. They couldn’t care less about the effect on the club because it’s not really about HMFC apparently. 

??‍♀️

:spoton:

33 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

He did thanks. From what he showed me it just seemed to be the Olly Lee song on a continuous loop. 

Sunday was mainly a great day ( apart from the score) marred by the bigots and toxicity of them.  The CLUB needs to make a statement and track the main culprits.  Its a disgrace and its becoming more newsworthy and its a very black mark against the club.  Surely the club can easily deal with this by looking at Twitter, Snapchat etc and identifying that mob and then taking tough action.  Forget the "namby pamby " educating them by offering some form of communication with the club. Just ban them. Simple as that.  Another poster wondered how it has all began?  Well its always been an issue for this club but it has been on the ascendant for the last few years.  Remember the toxicity against Robbie Neilsen ?  and Anne Budge ( who bloody saved the club). Its a battle now between saving Hearts reputation as a decent forward thinking , enlightened and tolerant club or   us certainly being the " Mini Huns" and all the nastiness and venom which comes with that.  The so called march tonight from Gorgie to the Tynie will be just as venomous as Sundays match. May be even worse as there have been no repercussions from Sundays incident.   

Edited by Robbofan99

...a bit disco
21 minutes ago, farin said:

All that social media hatred didn’t do the team any good on Sunday though,  but it did get a few folk hurt & 1 female hearts fan in particular a very nasty experience . History shows us whipping up hatred has a nasty habit of backfiring on you. 

I'll add to that.

A couple of relations (one of them 82) of another club employee felt compelled to leave at half time due to the poisonous nature of the 'supporters' around them.

Jambos through and through as well.

3 hours ago, redm said:

??‍♀️

❤️

3 hours ago, ZEUS said:

He did thanks. From what he showed me it just seemed to be the Olly Lee song on a continuous loop. 

Yeah thats what i got from my mates vids that song on repeat and constant pyros

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Utter scumbags in Singing Section launched a flare into the middle of the Hibs fans just before kickoff. Cretins.

Ridiculous if correct. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Ridiculous if correct. 

100%. Will be caught on CCTV. Hope the little prick gets a lifetime ban. Could have seriously injured someone.

9 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Utter scumbags in Singing Section launched a flare into the middle of the Hibs fans just before kickoff. Cretins.

Have a ****ing day off mate.

• davemclaren locked this topic