New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

1 hour ago, Kev1998 said:

some of the so called hearts fans on here I would rather have in front of me than behind me,same old faces giving the young team pelters,you need to get a life instead of feverishly awaiting the next post,to stick the boot in.

BE3C8CED-3256-4963-9FB3-4D3FCFF94C2B.gif

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

50 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

ps jodami,great to see you posting on the cadden thread,spending a wee bit away from this one,good lad

Spaces man! For the love of god use spaces! :mad:

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

42 minutes ago, Jodami said:

So do you think it's constructive to let young men be influenced by bigots and parade around peddling nonsense? Behaviour which in this day and age could have profound impacts on other aspects of their lives. I think they need some help and guidance. 

Excellent post. 

Just now, Kev1998 said:

fantastic     response    from     shamefull      and     his      henchman    blank    ?

Good start. Now try it again with smaller spaces and punctuation. ?

Just now, Kev1998 said:

please define for me  a bigot in your learned opinion

You really should learn to use the quote function dear chap. Otherwise it seems like you are talking to yourself.

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

There is plenty constructive dialogue. What is the other "side" of the argument then?

I’m not talking about this flag.

I don’t care about flags to be honest, and I’m not here to criticise or defend any of them.

I’m talking about the concept of the singing section. Some people will never agree with it, and that’s up to them. No point going over the same ground 1000 times though.

3 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I’m not talking about this flag.

I don’t care about flags to be honest, and I’m not here to criticise or defend any of them.

I’m talking about the concept of the singing section. Some people will never agree with it, and that’s up to them. No point going over the same ground 1000 times though.

This has moved on from the Singing Section though for the time being. What are your thoughts on Hearts supporters using the tragic murder of Lee Rigby to point score over Celtic fans? 

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

This has moved on from the Singing Section though for the time being. What are your thoughts on Hearts supporters using the tragic murder of Lee Rigby to point score over Celtic fans? 

The puddle-drinking scum from Gorgie Loyal think it was a dignified tribute to Lee Rigby. Despite his family pleading with rightwing thick ***** like them not to try and politicise his name and image.

Thick vermin ***** will be thick vermin ***** though, I suppose.

8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

3B54FD62-76F1-489D-BF97-C5603C17141A.jpeg.bd310a78aa2801dc96a1b3cb4042d6fe.jpeg

Good stuff. Hope they bring their banner and flares ??

Isn’t the Shandon a pub ( or snooker hall ) and a lot of these guys seem obviously under 18?

Just now, davemclaren said:

Isn’t the Shandon a pub ( or snooker hall ) and a lot of these guys seem obviously under 18?

Maybe their groomers accompany them as plus ones?

11 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I think that the priorities of many of this forum are utterly distorted.

I think if you claim people don’t want politics to be part of Hearts, they should be careful not to appear as hypocrites when their own political allegiances shine through.

I think that, for some bizarre reason, those who endorse atmosphere at Tynecastle. are considered by prominent members of this forum to be Nazis, racists, bigots, fascists. The vast majority aren’t.

And finally, I think if that’s the motivation for this flag, then it’s in poor taste, and is direspectful.

9 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I think if you claim people don’t want politics to be part of Hearts, they should be careful not to appear as hypocrites when their own political allegiances shine through.

I think that, for some bizarre reason, those who endorse atmosphere at Tynecastle. are considered by prominent members of this forum to be Nazis, racists, bigots, fascists. The vast majority aren’t.

And finally, I think if that’s the motivation for this flag, then it’s in poor taste, and is direspectful.

It is about this flag. I have repeatedly said I don’t give a **** about National Flags, be they UJ or Tricolour or whatever. No ****s to give.

Point scoring over the death of a young soldier who was murdered and beheaded live on video, when his parents and son have repeatedly begged right wing leaning arseholes not to politicise his name and image is a whole different kettle of fish however.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

7 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I can see the points you are making on atmosphere and I respect your views on defending what are predominantly young men. The truth is though what was a bigoted undercurrent is becoming a public show of support for sectarian and right wing views. The connection between flags showing Lee Rigby (whose family must be sickened when they see images of their dead son being displayed by drunken fools dancing on a street hundreds of miles away) and some sinister but increasingly populous  elements of the right is obvious. Remember, Rigby was murdered by an Islamic extremist not a Catholic and he is often referenced in rhetoric from the EDL and the FLA. I am certain very few of these boys fully understand what they are supporting but fuelled by drink and drugs they are being used. It's dangerous, not least for the reason of them being tagged as racists and bigots forever due to social media when they are more than likely not. 

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

I can see the points you are making on atmosphere and I respect your views on defending what are predominantly young men. The truth is though what was a bigoted undercurrent is becoming a public show of support for sectarian and right wing views. The connection between flags showing Lee Rigby (whose family must be sickened when they see images of their dead son being displayed by drunken fools dancing on a street hundreds of miles away) and some sinister but increasingly populous  elements of the right is obvious. Remember, Rigby was murdered by an Islamic extremist not a Catholic and he is often referenced in rhetoric from the EDL and the FLA. I am certain very few of these boys fully understand what they are supporting but fuelled by drink and drugs they are being used. It's dangerous, not least for the reason of them being tagged as racists and bigots forever due to social media when they are more than likely not. 

This guy gets it. I suspect a few more do too, but they are choosing to pretend they don’t.

23 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

It's simple. This is a forum for Hearts supporters, we're a broad church of varied ideologies, and these are often discussed here. We don't all agree. 

Take flags to games all you like, I don't give a **** what country you carry, it's a big world out there. But there is no justification for bringing your politics into it, no justification for using Lee Rigby's image, no justification for politically charged messages or images - just support Hearts.

Your other causes are your own, not mine, not ours, so get them to **** away from the game and get involved in activism in your spare time if you're so desperate to have your say. 

Edited by Smithee

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's simple. This is a forum for Hearts supporters, we're a broad church of varied ideologies, and these are often discussed here. We don't all agree. 

Take flags to games all you like, I don't give a **** what country you carry, it's a big world out there. But there is no justification for bringing your politics into it, no justification for using Lee Rigby's image, no justification for politically charged messages or images - just support Hearts.

Your other causes are your own, not mine, not ours, so get them to **** away from the game and get involved in activism in your spare time if you're so desperate to have your say. 

You  saw my last paragraph relating to this I suppose?

5 minutes ago, kila said:

Just a billionaire's pawns, don't they realise...

Is he (a) therapist? 

5 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Your last paragraph was pretty much spot on. It was the fact you were being wide about other people who feel the same way as your last paragraph, and trying to make out they have a different reason for it that rankled with me.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Kev1998 said:

you have answered me no problem sir ,so it cant be that much of an issue 

Kev, I enjoy day drinking too, mate. But when you're mixing it with glue...aahhhh not so much my man.

20 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Yes, and you saw that I'd bolded the bit I was responding to. Now what?

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Ha ha your another one that would have been worse than a man short in the day, near your username lol

You'd be surprised my oddball little friend.

14 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Ha ha your another one that would have been worse than a man short in the day, near your username lol

In what day?

16 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

Let’s put on a show boys and shut the hibs Walters up it’s about time that’s happened

Couldn't agree more, **** those hibs Walters! :D

iain ferguson
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

3B54FD62-76F1-489D-BF97-C5603C17141A.jpeg.bd310a78aa2801dc96a1b3cb4042d6fe.jpeg

Good stuff. Hope they bring their banner and flares ??

Let’s hope it’s not another show of sectarianism and bottle chucking! Witnessed it first hand and hard to explain to 10 and 7 year olds why people behave in that way! My opinion although I expect others to disagree.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Couldn't agree more, **** those hibs Walters! :D

I'm loving that image, Hibs fans come to Tynie on Halloween dressed as a Beano character... 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Yeah fair point Dave.

1 hour ago, maroonexile said:

So many things wrong with that post it would take too long to dissect. Thankfully we have a useful tool for such occasions:

:cornette:

Edited by To Be Frank

4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Yeah fair point Dave.

So many things wrong with that post it would take too long to dissect. Thankfully we have a useful tool for such occasions:

:cornette:

In other words you’ve not got a clue, and couldn’t take part in a reasoned debate.

The only thing you’re consistent on.

46 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Your last paragraph was pretty much spot on. It was the fact you were being wide about other people who feel the same way as your last paragraph, and trying to make out they have a different reason for it that rankled with me.

Having a different opinion isn’t ‘being wide’.

Some people clearly do have a well-established agenda against the ‘Gorgie Boys’ and it actually discredits posters who are making reasoned points regarding certain unacceptable behaviours.

I’m just frustrated as this will no doubt be detrimental to atmosphere at our games, and we need to be pulling together. Those posters I refer to seem to have this as one of their goals, so congratulations when you get your way. I’m sure the players will appreciate it.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

So instead of supporting what team your grandad and dad supported you are suggesting you must write to the club and seek permission to support them.  What the **** has the back of a ticket got to do with someone saying they are a fan of the club.

What team do you support Pal?

Well I want to support Hearts but i'm not allowed so I support no team

:fonzie:

Once again you missed the point. But remember the assistant manager has got long hair, any funny nicknames for him?

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Once again you missed the point. But remember the assistant manager has got long hair, any funny nicknames for him?

More than a few posters attempting to whitewash their views from a year ago.

25 minutes ago, iain ferguson said:

Let’s hope it’s not another show of sectarianism and bottle chucking! Witnessed it first hand and hard to explain to 10 and 7 year olds why people behave in that way! My opinion although I expect others to disagree.

Absolutely. 

I assume it was the Singing section (or a group of) procession that passed me at Mcdonalds before the semi, drums flares and Burberry galore. Belting out hullo hullo with extra gusto given at the Fenian line. They were, somewhat comically, holding a banner saying "Scotland's shame" I think? :vrface:

Wasn't sure if that was aimed at Celtic or a self proclamation?

6 minutes ago, communist said:

Absolutely. 

I assume it was the Singing section (or a group of) procession that passed me at Mcdonalds before the semi, drums flares and Burberry galore. Belting out hullo hullo with extra gusto given at the Fenian line. They were, somewhat comically, holding a banner saying "Scotland's shame" I think? :vrface:

Wasn't sure if that was aimed at Celtic or a self proclamation?

Get with the times man its aquascutam not burberry.

On a serious note, someone mentioned on an other thread that Hullo Hullo was the only time you could hear the hearts fans on TV. That problem runs a lot deeper than the singing section. And ill put money on it will be sung by a few thousand on Wednesday night too

13 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Some people clearly do have a well-established agenda against the ‘Gorgie Boys’ and it actually discredits posters who are making reasoned points regarding certain unacceptable behaviours.

I’m just frustrated as this will no doubt be detrimental to atmosphere at our games, and we need to be pulling together. Those posters I refer to seem to have this as one of their goals, so congratulations when you get your way. I’m sure the players will appreciate it.

See this is where you lose me mate. What the **** are you on about? I’ve backed the singing section right from the very very start. I’ve also said I do t give a **** about national flags. I’ve said on numerous occasions I’d love them to make a go of it. What the actual **** makes you think people/me are against lads just having fun and creating a bit of atmosphere? It’s totally mental! ?

Your complete inability to accept that people/I am onboard with what HMFCSSO originally stated as their objective, is baffling tbh. I doubt there’s anyone on this thread since it’s inception who is against that.

Now that we’ve cleared that up. That Rigby flag is an absolute ****ing shanner, and I definitely ain’t onboard with that. Neither are most others. Stop trying to pretend my objection to it is actually because I don’t want the SSO to make a success of things. That’s so ****ing obtuse and churlish, it makes you look stupid.

11 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Get with the times man its aquascutam not burberry.

On a serious note, someone mentioned on an other thread that Hullo Hullo was the only time you could hear the hearts fans on TV. That problem runs a lot deeper than the singing section. And ill put money on it will be sung by a few thousand on Wednesday night too

I can assure you some cracker was wearing a Burberry shirt. Very 2006. 

Yep you are correct in your second point,  but this thread is about the OSS and I was only commenting on what I'd seen on the day. 

do me a favour shamefull, you have never embraced the young guys in the ss,you and the rest of your motley crew do your upmost to discredit them at every opportunity, look back on the thread .the young guys do some stupid things ,but first and foremost they are good jambos.

To be fair to the singing section, that abomination of a flag was nowhere near the singing section at the game

8 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

do me a favour shamefull, you have never embraced the young guys in the ss,you and the rest of your motley crew do your upmost to discredit them at every opportunity, look back on the thread .the young guys do some stupid things ,but first and foremost they are good jambos.

Aye, look back on the thread. Start at page one and work your way forward. You will see you are talking utter shite. 

14 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

So hold on a minute, marching with a "Scotland's Shame" banner whilst singing "Hullo Hullo" is cool? The irony!

Being generous I'd say its cringe as ****, being realistic it's embarrassing and shameful!

Edited by communist

56 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I’m sure they won’t be a loss. They’ve been posted missing at the last three home games anyway and the atmosphere against Aberdeen was tremendous ??

13 minutes ago, XB52 said:

To be fair to the singing section, that abomination of a flag was nowhere near the singing section at the game

Doubt even they would have been stupid enough to try and display that in the stadium. There’s a photo of them kicking about with the SSO banner and everyone draped in union jacks though.

Edited by To Be Frank

ha  ha  ha im talking shite, brilliant, that's top notch coming from Mufasa [the lying king] ha ha ha ma sides are splitting

• davemclaren locked this topic