New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

Just now, Kev1998 said:

ha  ha  ha im talking shite, brilliant, that's top notch coming from Mufasa [the lying king] ha ha ha ma sides are splitting

How are you still here? :rofl:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

blank, you've got a problem with union jacks?  when shameful not,at least get the gang singing from the same hymsheet ?

3 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

ha  ha  ha im talking shite, brilliant, that's top notch coming from Mufasa [the lying king] ha ha ha ma sides are splitting

Have a look back on the thread mate. It’s not my fault you are incapable of reading something and understanding it. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

It's simple. This is a forum for Hearts supporters, we're a broad church of varied ideologies, and these are often discussed here. We don't all agree. 

Take flags to games all you like, I don't give a **** what country you carry, it's a big world out there. But there is no justification for bringing your politics into it, no justification for using Lee Rigby's image, no justification for politically charged messages or images - just support Hearts.

Your other causes are your own, not mine, not ours, so get them to **** away from the game and get involved in activism in your spare time if you're so desperate to have your say. 

Absolutely spot on nail on the head.

Just now, Kev1998 said:

blank, you've got a problem with union jacks?  when shameful not,at least get the gang singing from the same hymsheet ?

Spaces Kevin... for the love of all that is holy, use the ****ing spacebar! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Kev I am unsure whether you have awoken from a coma, escaped from Carstairs or have just left a Windsor Hotel, 11 months radio silence and then all this today. Keep posting though, it's top notch entertainment. 

2 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

team handed now, I better beat the retreat ha ha

I'm only kidding mate, I enjoy hearing a different view! 

1 minute ago, Kev1998 said:

team handed now, I better beat the retreat ha ha

Alternatively you could stop talking utter shite and start at page one, work your way through and reply to other posters with something resembling the intelligence of a human being?

Each to their own though, I suppose. Probably easier to just talk shite over and over again. ?

I’d rather have the singing section at the game than the 15,000 tourists who turned up. They should’ve been sat together at a separate part of the ground. 

1 minute ago, Morph said:

The not real fans argument :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Every time a set of fans get into bother this line comes out.  

Think it was PR manager Claire Cowan who brought it up Morph. Her old dear was rattled with a bottle. You should tweet her and express your derision. :thumbsup:

jodami ,I will give you the reason for the gap, I don't post a lot on here as you will know, but when you see some of the rubbish on here directed at a bunch of guys ,there only crime is singing some non politically correct stuff,which I done myself at a young age is shocking.you all are like a pack of rabid dogs on the hunt,i have mentioned before that I don't agree with everything they do ,but there heart is in the right place

Big Slim Stylee
33 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

do me a favour shamefull, you have never embraced the young guys in the ss,you and the rest of your motley crew do your upmost to discredit them at every opportunity, look back on the thread .the young guys do some stupid things ,but first and foremost they are good jambos.

First and very much foremost is they behave like knobs.

2 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

I’d rather have the singing section at the game than the 15,000 tourists who turned up. They should’ve been sat together at a separate part of the ground. 

Didnt realise it was 15k tourists and the twenty or so SSO at the game. Looked a bigger crowd than that.

FWIW anyone flying a flag about lee rigby at a football match is a ****ing idiot whether it is for or against him. 

Its absolutely awful what happened to that man and for wee arseholes to take his image and use it to try and get a rise out of Celtic fans is out order.  

Couldnt really care less about the bigotry it’s always going to happen at Celtic matches but that’s something I hope never to see from hearts fans again.  Little boys who need to grow up.  

Harsh to put this in the singing section thread however, does it even have anything to do with them?  It may have happened on the walk they arranged but anyone could’ve tagged along to that and they’re not exactly going to be able to stop it once it’s started. 

2 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

jodami ,I will give you the reason for the gap, I don't post a lot on here as you will know, but when you see some of the rubbish on here directed at a bunch of guys ,there only crime is singing some non politically correct stuff,which I done myself at a young age is shocking.you all are like a pack of rabid dogs on the hunt,i have mentioned before that I don't agree with everything they do ,but there heart is in the right place

Great. So we’ve cleared up the non-PC song bit. Cosmic.

What are your thoughts on the flag using Lee Rigby’s memory as a tool to score points against Celtic fans, when his parents and son have literally begged for this not to happen? Cheers.

2 minutes ago, Morph said:

FWIW anyone flying a flag about lee rigby at a football match is a ****ing idiot whether it is for or against him. 

Its absolutely awful what happened to that man and for wee arseholes to take his image and use it to try and get a rise out of Celtic fans is out order.  

Couldnt really care less about the bigotry it’s always going to happen at Celtic matches but that’s something I hope never to see from hearts fans again.  Little boys who need to grow up.  

Harsh to put this in the singing section thread however, does it even have anything to do with them?  It may have happened on the walk they arranged but anyone could’ve tagged along to that and they’re not exactly going to be able to stop it once it’s started. 

Think you will find it’s only the flag I’m talking about here Morphy. The rest is another debate. Glad you agree with me. 

6 minutes ago, Morph said:

They liked it on their official twitter account so pretty sure they’re quite happy to be linked to it ??

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

They liked it on their official twitter account so pretty sure they’re quite happy to be linked to it ??

What did their spokesman’s uncle’s gardener’s brother-in-law have for dinner on holiday in 2015?

8 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

What did their spokesman’s uncle’s gardener’s brother-in-law have for dinner on holiday in 2015?

Sausage rolls?

E4170857-D2FA-4782-92A3-A53CB874049E.jpeg

19 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Yeah that’s not on then.  

The problem with the SS is whilst they might not necessarily be the ones starting it they’re quite happy to retweet/share/like or whatever.  They can argue til they’re blue in the face that it’s not them but that’s not how it looks like to the average fan or the highers up at hearts. 

Theyre going to end up ruining it for themselves by letting themselves be assosicated with that stuff. 

32 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Think it was PR manager Claire Cowan who brought it up Morph. Her old dear was rattled with a bottle. You should tweet her and express your derision. :thumbsup:

Why would I do that?

They are hearts fans who happen to be arseholes.  To suggest they’re not real fans is simply not true and just looks like we’re trying to pretend it’s not our problem when it very much is.  

11 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Can people please pack in the "so called fan" chat. Regardless of someone's motives or actions you simply DO NOT GET THE CALL on whether or not someone is a fan. Only the individual gets that call. Really grinds my gears. How dare you think you have the power or control or indeed are important enough to determine who and who can not come into our community. Such is life, accept it. For what it is worth that nonsense is not up my street but these boys do not miss a game. They are massive fans of our club and have EVERY right to be.

They do not have the right to attach the club to political movements.

Just now, Morph said:

Why would I do that?

They are hearts fans who happen to be arseholes.  To suggest they’re not real fans is simply not true and just looks like we’re trying to pretend it’s not our problem when it very much is.  

Because it was Claire who questioned them being Hearts fans in her tweet. It’s not difficult to understand. You are desperate to have a wee laugh about the accusation, so maybe tweet the source directly. Just a suggestion m8. ?

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Because it was Claire who questioned them being Hearts fans in her tweet. It’s not difficult to understand. You are desperate to have a wee laugh about the accusation, so maybe tweet the source directly. Just a suggestion m8. ?

There are plenty people on here who are saying “not real fans”.  Think I’ll just stick to chatting with people on this forum without running off to twitter to try and start an argument. 

44 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Kev, just cycled home from work so only picked up your post just now. If you look at my posts on this thread you will see I have repeatedly made the point that doing that kind of thing now can have other repercussions for people in this day and age. These young lads have sectarian and racist material plastered across social media. When anyone applies for a job now social media is researched in depth and decisions are made based on it. It can genuinely impact their future. I think that they are young, foolish and impressionable and know very little about the subjects they are promoting but they are having their buttons pressed by other people. I have teenage kids and I would be worried if they were caught up in this. 

36 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Do you or do you not condone the Lee Rigby banner?

Do you agree sectarian singing should be cut out or the culprits educated? 

1 hour ago, TheStig said:

Get with the times man its aquascutam not burberry.

On a serious note, someone mentioned on an other thread that Hullo Hullo was the only time you could hear the hearts fans on TV. That problem runs a lot deeper than the singing section. And ill put money on it will be sung by a few thousand on Wednesday night too

Does that not go full circle back to the argument of if they are there to lead the songs and get others involved avoid it or sing the right words and itll drown the rest out. They are in the minorty being vocal but have the biggest voice just now. If the official ss sing those lyrics in the ground then it gives a green light to others. Hmfcsso claimed it wasnt their lads singing those lyrics but recent debate suggests at least part of it is and the depth of the problem cant be tackled without them leading from the front. That wont happen undortunately unless the club step in. Its 2steps forward 1back wi the lads it seems. Sunday was a free for all though due to the soze of the crowd so id guess some were hangers on getting invloved to be the big man. Consistency and solidity on the right path would help them. They were amazing at Killie but its complete hit or miss just now it seems. Maybe the club need to shoulder part of that for location but the lads need to really wind necks in with some of the stupidity and not play to a stereotype or it won’t last long and that would be a loss.

28 minutes ago, Morph said:

Yeah that’s not on then.  

The problem with the SS is whilst they might not necessarily be the ones starting it they’re quite happy to retweet/share/like or whatever.  They can argue til they’re blue in the face that it’s not them but that’s not how it looks like to the average fan or the highers up at hearts. 

Theyre going to end up ruining it for themselves by letting themselves be assosicated with that stuff. 

Thats the exact problem Morph , they don’t distance themselves from it so claiming its not them holds no weight. The fact Carol ended up in hospital will rightly or wrongly bring them extra attention aswell as the actions of those fans will be viewed the same as the other sectarian or idiotic behaviour. 

6 minutes ago, Morph said:

There are plenty people on here who are saying “not real fans”.  Think I’ll just stick to chatting with people on this forum without running off to twitter to try and start an argument. 

Oh... so you were laughing at the “other people” who questioned whether or not the folk who showered an elderly woman with broken glass are Hearts fans. Cool. Glad we cleared that up.

51 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

More obtuse attempts at dragging the spotlight off them. Hope they give you a wage for this, mate.

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats the exact problem Morph , they don’t distance themselves from it so claiming its not them holds no weight. The fact Carol ended up in hospital will rightly or wrongly bring them extra attention aswell as the actions of those fans will be viewed the same as the other sectarian or idiotic behaviour. 

They just don’t seem to have any clue of the responsibility they have which is a problem. 

I dont think the way the fans acted towards them at the start helped them at all though, it created this whole “us v them” attitude.  I really wanted them to do well but how do you even defend them if they’re liking stuff to do with all the bother that happened?

Unfortunately for them I reckon Hearts will be acting fairly soon.  Budge will be absolutely livid about the way certain fans have acted and the singing section will probably be the first to be targeted.  

Shame as the flags and that are really good and it’s good to have a bunch of passionate young fans but it’s not going to work like this.  Worst thing they could do just now is have another walk so shortly after the events on Sunday but there’s another one leaving from the Shandon on Wednesday.  

I think the pyro, the drums etc make for a great spectacle on these marches but the other stuff is what everyone is going to be talking about after it’s all done. 

8 minutes ago, Morph said:

They just don’t seem to have any clue of the responsibility they have which is a problem. 

I dont think the way the fans acted towards them at the start helped them at all though, it created this whole “us v them” attitude.  I really wanted them to do well but how do you even defend them if they’re liking stuff to do with all the bother that happened?

Unfortunately for them I reckon Hearts will be acting fairly soon.  Budge will be absolutely livid about the way certain fans have acted and the singing section will probably be the first to be targeted.  

Shame as the flags and that are really good and it’s good to have a bunch of passionate young fans but it’s not going to work like this.  Worst thing they could do just now is have another walk so shortly after the events on Sunday but there’s another one leaving from the Shandon on Wednesday.  

I think the pyro, the drums etc make for a great spectacle on these marches but the other stuff is what everyone is going to be talking about after it’s all done. 

And yet, if you look back at this thread from the start, you will see they were almost universally encouraged and welcomed. The “us v them” was created elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

More obtuse attempts at dragging the spotlight off them. Hope they give you a wage for this, mate.

This isn’t an ‘us’ and ‘them’ argument. 

The Hearts support have loads, I’d suggest a majority, who aren’t in either camp. 

1 minute ago, maroonexile said:

The Hearts support have loads, I’d suggest a majority, who aren’t in either camp. 

Since you are back online. Simple question, in your opinion do you think these young lads are being manipulated? 

4 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Who’s disputing that? Right from the very off the majority have encouraged them and wanted them to make a success of it. Too many just jumped in with the silly ‘JKB don’t want an atmosphere’ pish, without reading the actual narrative.

34 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Do you or do you not condone the Lee Rigby banner?

Do you agree sectarian singing should be cut out or the culprits educated? 

I won’t go over old ground but I’ve been quite clear in the first point. Read my posts on it again, I’ve been quite clear.

I’ve got my own theories on the second one, which are rooted in being from a mixed family. Our society has a problem, but it’s mostly rhetorical, and political, as opposed to sectarian. I don’t get offended by songs, or flags, and can’t really understand why anyone would. However, I agree that it should be, to make the answer easy.

I’ll fire a quick question the other way. Without condoning Hello Hello, I can see that, against Celtic, some people get ‘carried away’ and do things they wouldn’t do against Ross County for example. Do you believe these people are all bigots, or do you see there can be context where folk just act like idiots/make a mistake in the emotion of the moment?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Who’s disputing that? Right from the very off the majority have encouraged them and wanted them to make a success of it. Too many just jumped in with the silly ‘JKB don’t want an atmosphere’ pish, without reading the actual narrative.

People posted they wanted them to make a success of it then spent their nights stalking twitter feeds. 

Seems legit. ? 

1 minute ago, maroonexile said:

I won’t go over old ground but I’ve been quite clear in the first point. Read my posts on it again, I’ve been quite clear.

I’ve got my own theories on the second one, which are rooted in being from a mixed family. Our society has a problem, but it’s mostly rhetorical, and political, as opposed to sectarian. I don’t get offended by songs, or flags, and can’t really understand why anyone would. However, I agree that it should be, to make the answer easy.

I’ll fire a quick question the other way. Without condoning Hello Hello, I can see that, against Celtic, some people get ‘carried away’ and do things they wouldn’t do against Ross County for example. Do you believe these people are all bigots, or do you see there can be context where folk just act like idiots/make a mistake in the emotion of the moment?

Careful now, the drum was stolen from County fans! 

Definite context. Nerves, drink/drugs, big crowds and bravado can combine to make people do anything. They may not be bigots but they are seen to be validating other people's views on these occasions. 

I suspect the bottle throwing incident may be a watershed moment for the club and they will now take an interest in what is going on. 

Pasquale for King

Let’s hear you tomorrow and use the plethora of FOOTBALL songs associated with our great club.  

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Since you are back online. Simple question, in your opinion do you think these young lads are being manipulated? 

Couldn’t help myself...

Contrary to what some folk would have you believe, I don’t actually know any of these young guys, so it’s hard to say.

Manipulated by whom? I’ve no doubt there are some within the ranks who are troublemakers and will remain so, but to suggest there is a coordinated effort to ‘groom’ the whole group by some shadowy pseudo-Nazis pulling the strings is fanciful. They may have some suspect mutual friends with others but the majority are teenagers so that’s hardly groundbreaking, at that age people are making their own mistakes.

The fact is that some loyalists are Hearts fans, and some Hearts fans are loyalists. This isn’t new, and there will be some among our younger support who relate to that, it’s the way it’s been in the 70s/80s/90s/00s. It’s hardly stoked by some mastermind who is drawing in more numbers than before. To blame the singing section for this is pretty scattergun, I’d say. It might not be right, or anything to do with the club, but it’s the reality, which will only move forward with societal change as we become more progressive in this area.

Round and round we go

Another new singing section crops up

Everybody wishes them well but asks them politely not to be dicks

They act like dicks

Everybody rips into them

They start getting super aggressive

Club gets involved

Singing section is disbanded

Next year, another new group will crop up and the same cycle repeats

Edited by Cade

1 hour ago, jake said:

They do not have the right to attach the club to political movements.

Agreed. 

4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Careful now, the drum was stolen from County fans! 

Definite context. Nerves, drink/drugs, big crowds and bravado can combine to make people do anything. They may not be bigots but they are seen to be validating other people's views on these occasions. 

I suspect the bottle throwing incident may be a watershed moment for the club and they will now take an interest in what is going on. 

A good point...

No one can forgive that to be fair. I wasn’t sure it was the singing section though? 

18 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I take your point, but just because people state something, it doesn’t always reflect their true design.

Its a bit like the sectarianism thing with the group, but inverted. They deny it, people will think that’s purely lip service and they are bigoted. Lots of parallels.

19 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

Couldn’t help myself...

Contrary to what some folk would have you believe, I don’t actually know any of these young guys, so it’s hard to say.

Manipulated by whom? I’ve no doubt there are some within the ranks who are troublemakers and will remain so, but to suggest there is a coordinated effort to ‘groom’ the whole group by some shadowy pseudo-Nazis pulling the strings is fanciful. They may have some suspect mutual friends with others but the majority are teenagers so that’s hardly groundbreaking, at that age people are making their own mistakes.

The fact is that some loyalists are Hearts fans, and some Hearts fans are loyalists. This isn’t new, and there will be some among our younger support who relate to that, it’s the way it’s been in the 70s/80s/90s/00s. It’s hardly stoked by some mastermind who is drawing in more numbers than before. To blame the singing section for this is pretty scattergun, I’d say. It might not be right, or anything to do with the club, but it’s the reality, which will only move forward with societal change as we become more progressive in this area.

You're as bad as me! 

It seems strange that the sectarian element was dying out and it has then started to rear it's head again in the last couple of years. Particularly at away games there are regularly older boys in among the young team giving it the sectarian singing. There is tons of right wing and sectarian stuff online so it may just be that they have been subtly pushed towards that. Lee Rigby was murdered more than 5 years ago, many of these boys would barely be at high school then so it's not something they would be impacted by. There is definitely an element of copying Sevco in there. I think it's a set of circumstances that has enabled it. It's not pseudo Nazis or old school racists either it's extremely clever people who play on class, gender and race. I wouldn't underestimate them for a second. 

There are definitely  boys in the singing section involved in it but I have no doubt there are others being tarred with the same brush. 

Edited by Jodami

11 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

A good point...

No one can forgive that to be fair. I wasn’t sure it was the singing section though? 

No idea, I just think they will have a closer look at younger fans in general on the back of it. 

• davemclaren locked this topic