New Official Singing Section

HMFCSSO

3 minutes ago, Jodami said:

You're as bad as me! 

It seems strange that the sectarian element was dying out and it has then started to rear it's head again in the last couple of years. Particularly at away games there are regularly older boys in among the young team giving it the sectarian singing. There is tons of right wing and sectarian stuff online so it may just be that they have been subtly pushed towards that. Lee Rigby was murdered more than 5 years ago, many of these boys would barely be at high school then so it's not something they would be impacted by. There is definitely an element of copying Sevco in there. I think it's a set of circumstances that has enabled it. It's not pseudo Maxis or old school racists either it's extremely clever people who play on class, gender and race. I wouldn't underestimate them for a second. 

There are definitely  boys in the singing section involved in it but I have no doubt there are others being tarred with the same brush. 

Good post

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• ...a bit disco

• maroonexile

6 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I take your point, but just because people state something, it doesn’t always reflect their true design.

Its a bit like the sectarianism thing with the group, but inverted. They deny it, people will think that’s purely lip service and they are bigoted. Lots of parallels.

It started off really positively, and everyone was pulling in the same direction. 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

This thread is weird.

Frank and Glib are the same person weird or young Hearts fans are pushing boundaries weird?

12 minutes ago, Jodami said:

No idea, I just think they will have a closer look at younger fans in general on the back of it. 

Which you couldn’t really disagree with.

18 minutes ago, Jodami said:

No idea, I just think they will have a closer look at younger fans in general on the back of it. 

The guy looked like he was in his late 20s.. are the club going to look into groups that age as well? Not fair to put the spotlight on younger fans that don’t deserve it. That’s what puts them off coming to games regardless of whether they cause trouble or not.

3 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

The guy looked like he was in his late 20s.. are the club going to look into groups that age as well? Not fair to put the spotlight on younger fans that don’t deserve it. That’s what puts them off coming to games regardless of whether they cause trouble or not.

Dressing like that in his late 20s, really? 

Whether you think it's right or wrong I strongly suspect that's what they will probably do. Do you think it's fair to put the spotlight on the young guys dancing in the street in front of a banner of a man who was murdered 5 years ago? 

You’d be surprised ?, yeah I’d agree that’s fair but I’m sure you’d be able to single them out rather than punish all younger fans for other fans actions?

57 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

I won’t go over old ground but I’ve been quite clear in the first point. Read my posts on it again, I’ve been quite clear.

I’ve got my own theories on the second one, which are rooted in being from a mixed family. Our society has a problem, but it’s mostly rhetorical, and political, as opposed to sectarian. I don’t get offended by songs, or flags, and can’t really understand why anyone would. However, I agree that it should be, to make the answer easy.

I’ll fire a quick question the other way. Without condoning Hello Hello, I can see that, against Celtic, some people get ‘carried away’ and do things they wouldn’t do against Ross County for example. Do you believe these people are all bigots, or do you see there can be context where folk just act like idiots/make a mistake in the emotion of the moment?

Surely a mistake is something you don’t repeat several times over or it isn’t a mistake but a behavioural trait? Not everyone who behaves in that way once will be a bigot but the behaviour on sunday was not appropriate and on many levels only targeted at getting at Celtic fans rather than encouraging Hearts. As many have said if the SS made it clear they don’t agree with that behaviour then it would take pressure off them. How many know what they are doing? I’d suggest its a percentage as opposed to all of them. Whether its older kids or asults is irrelevant , the problem is they get dragged into being blamed by association of by social media likes and posts. They as the official singing section have an obligation to represent Hearts as the club wishes them too not they way they have at times. The flag I don’t agree with because Hearts should not be used for political statements and political stuff shouldn’t be used to bam up celtic fans. Some will say “oh but we are a loyalist club and have a proud history of that” others will say “thats pish weve never been a politically or sectarian sided club”. Whatever your view the clubline wont be we are a loyalist club so behave as you are. It will be the opposite and it puts them at risk. Which would be a shame as knock that pish on the head they have proved they can nail it. 

1 minute ago, ZanderMIM said:

You’d be surprised ?, yeah I’d agree that’s fair but I’m sure you’d be able to single them out rather than punish all younger fans for other fans actions?

His mate in the joggers was worse tbf!

I agree, there shouldn't be a one size fits all treatment for any group of fans dependent on age or any other criteria. I think a lot of the young men involved in the sectarian nonsense need a bit guidance and it would be brilliant if the club could come up with a way of facilitating that. 

34 minutes ago, Renault said:

Frank and Glib are the same person weird or young Hearts fans are pushing boundaries weird?

Are we, aye? The same person, I mean... the rest of your post didn’t make any sense whatsoever because it was completely devoid of punctuation.

22 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

The problem is they get tarred with it (rightly or wrongly) due to liking things on social media or one or two who have done/said the wrong thing and as such because they don’t distance themselves from it its sets off alarm bells. Whether its a 30year old or a 12 year old due to some of the stuff posted by or liked by/done by the SS it puts them in the spotlight with the club and Carols unfortunate accident on sunday when she is a known entity in the club will bring more attention on them aswell. There was a ridic amount of bams on sunday some will of been SS some won’t.

39 minutes ago, Renault said:

Carrying a banner with Lee Rigby and No Surrender on it is “pushing boundaries”? ?

Edited by To Be Frank

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Carrying a banner with Lee Rigby and No Sureender on it is “pushing boundaries”? ?

I am the walrus.

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Are we, aye? The same person, I mean... the rest of your post didn’t make any sense whatsoever because it was completely devoid of punctuation.

My punctuation was dire. Apologies.

The tag team timing wasn't outwith my initial suspicions though.

Just now, Renault said:

My punctuation was dire. Apologies.

The tag team timing wasn't outwith my initial suspicions though.

So, let me get this right. You think that I have two accounts on here running concurrently, and I pretend to be either GaSC or TBF back and forth?

If that is the case, why? Why on earth would I bother doing that? 

1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

So, let me get this right. You think that I have two accounts on here running concurrently, and I pretend to be either GaSC or TBF back and forth?

If that is the case, why? Why on earth would I bother doing that? 

You have incredibly similar writing style, thoughts and pathetic use of emoji.

Same desperste chase to be proved right.

Same desperate outpouring of trying to do the right thing at all costs.

Just now, Renault said:

Okay, got you. You think that we are the same person because we think bigoted wee arseholes who abuse the memory of murder victims are scum? 

Sorry to break this to you matey, everyone who isn’t a ****ing moron thinks this. ?

Okay, got you. You think that we are the same person because we think bigoted wee arseholes who abuse the memory of murder victims are scum? 

Sorry to break this to you matey, everyone who isn’t a ****ing moron thinks this. ?

Oops I think you are going too far now.  I think you both sound the same, post the same and act the same way. Deal with it.

5 minutes ago, Renault said:

Oops I think you are going too far now.  I think you both sound the same, post the same and act the same way. Deal with it.

Like I said, it’s actually just a case of being a normal decent person and not a ****ing simpleton. By your logic the majority of the world are all the same person. I understand that would be difficult to comprehend if someone lives in a bubble surrounded by other bigoted simpletons, but thems the facts Chief.

18 minutes ago, Renault said:

Okay, got you. You think that we are the same person because we think bigoted wee arseholes who abuse the memory of murder victims are scum? 

Sorry to break this to you matey, everyone who isn’t a ****ing moron thinks this. ?

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Okay, got you. You think that we are the same person because we think bigoted wee arseholes who abuse the memory of murder victims are scum? 

Sorry to break this to you matey, everyone who isn’t a ****ing moron thinks this. ?

:rofl:

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

You're as bad as me! 

It seems strange that the sectarian element was dying out and it has then started to rear it's head again in the last couple of years. Particularly at away games there are regularly older boys in among the young team giving it the sectarian singing. There is tons of right wing and sectarian stuff online so it may just be that they have been subtly pushed towards that. Lee Rigby was murdered more than 5 years ago, many of these boys would barely be at high school then so it's not something they would be impacted by. There is definitely an element of copying Sevco in there. I think it's a set of circumstances that has enabled it. It's not pseudo Nazis or old school racists either it's extremely clever people who play on class, gender and race. I wouldn't underestimate them for a second. 

There are definitely  boys in the singing section involved in it but I have no doubt there are others being tarred with the same brush. 

Signing NI players and touring there last year certainly enabled the unsavoury element, saw three get ejected with their Butchers Apron on Saturday after a lady complained.

12 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

I actually agree with your principles and if you can quote me otherwise then go ahead.

It doesn't change my thoughts on your utter desperation to be someone on this messageboard.

Just now, Renault said:

I actually agree with your principles and if you can quote me otherwise then go ahead.

It doesn't change my thoughts on your utter desperation to be someone on this messageboard.

Yeah. It can’t possibly just be that folk are disgusted by the Lee Rigby shit. 

So disgusted you use rofl emoji? Again and again and again.

I still agree with your principles here but you do need to grow up.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Signing NI players and touring there last year certainly enabled the unsavoury element, saw three get ejected with their Butchers Apron on Saturday after a lady complained.

Hadn't considered that at all, pity as most of our Irish players have really contributed and Smith and Hughes seem decent guys. What is it about Union Jack's and Hearts fans though? Do people genuinely wave them driven by pride or just to antagonise the beggars and the vermin?

Just now, Renault said:

So disgusted you use rofl emoji? Again and again and again.

I still agree with your principles here but you do need to grow up.

The rofl smiley is aimed at your lack of comprehension for people sharing the same view that the flag was a disgrace.

Heres another:

The rofl smiley is aimed at your lack of comprehension for people sharing the same view that the flag was a disgrace.

Heres another:

Great post

8 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Heres another:

Didn't you think the flag was a disgrace?

10 minutes ago, Renault said:

Great post

It was, yes. Here’s what’s happened since you decided to get involved:

You posted some weird comment with zero punctuation accusing myself and another poster of being the same person, and a lot of other words jumbled together in some random code.

Frank and myself reply and you quickly realise you are barking up the wrong tree, so you switch to saying you actually agree with us, but you think I/we are trying to make a name for my/ourselves by holding this same view as you.

You then quickly change your stance again by trying to make out my use of smilies in reply to your hilariously bad posts are somehow disrespectful to Lee Rigby.

All of this forensic work and profiling despite being a relatively new poster. 

More flip-flopping than a sea lion in flip-flops.

Edited by Glib and Shameless Crier

5 minutes ago, Renault said:

Didn't you think the flag was a disgrace?

Clearly. I’ve said so a few times already. How have you not managed to comprehend that yet? It’s pretty integral to the whole conversation.

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

You posted some weird comment with zero punctuation accusing myself and another poster of being the same person, and a lot of other words jumbled together in some random code.

Frank and myself reply and you quickly realise you are barking up the wrong tree, so you switch to saying you actually agree with us, but you think I/we are trying to make a name for my/ourselves by holding this same view as you.

You then quickly change your stance again by trying to make out my use of smilies in reply to your hilariously bad posts are somehow disrespectful to Lee Rigby.

Do sea lions were flip flops? Surely they have more class than that? 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Do sea lions were flip flops? Surely they have more class than that? 

Not those rancid toe-thong ones, they wouldn’t fit over their flippers. Those broad banded ones though? I think it’s safe to assume they would, given the chance.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Hadn't considered that at all, pity as most of our Irish players have really contributed and Smith and Hughes seem decent guys. What is it about Union Jack's and Hearts fans though? Do people genuinely wave them driven by pride or just to antagonise the beggars and the vermin?

I used to think it was to annoy people, now it’s more a pride thing which can be linked to our history. The guy that forgot to order the seats,

Scott Gardiner I think, also commissioned the soldier statue and our link up with HMS Edinburgh? We had our first armed forces day too. It’s all linked in, not my thing but it’s all connected. There was definitely a majority not singing the Billy Boys on Saturday and I saw a great thread of Celtic fans denouncing their fans IRA songs. 

Not those rancid toe-thong ones, they wouldn’t fit over their flippers. Those broad banded ones though? I think it’s safe to assume they would, given the chance.

Sliders? We’ll at least they are slightly better than toe-thong ones!!! But still i think a sea lion has too much class to wear them!!! I reckon they’d not be seen in flip-flops / boaters / sambas etc.... maybe a cheeky jeezy tho 

4 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Clearly. I’ve said so a few times already. How have you not managed to comprehend that yet? It’s pretty integral to the whole conversation.

Yet you endorse the flag here. Or was that just a typo? 

Screenshot_20181031-000653.png

2 minutes ago, Renault said:

Yet you endorse the flag here. Or was that just a typo? 

Screenshot_20181031-000653.png

Erm... no. Not endorsing the flag, and not a typo. 

10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

I think you have gone too far now. Use the multi quote to show where I have changed my stance and please so show where all this jumbled code post was made.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sliders? We’ll at least they are slightly better than toe-thong ones!!! But still i think a sea lion has too much class to wear them!!! I reckon they’d not be seen in flip-flops / boaters / sambas etc.... maybe a cheeky jeezy tho 

Fair point. Their cousins the Walruses... toe-thongs everywhere.

35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

This is as controversial as anything I’ve seen on the thread so far, with the exception of the Aaron Hughes song at Killie.

Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Erm... no. Not endorsing the flag, and not a typo. 

Well we reach an impasse then because I never, and would never, endorse the flag.

So please quote me where I endorsed or supported in any way. Use the multi quote to help.

18 minutes ago, Renault said:

Well we reach an impasse then because I never, and would never, endorse the flag.

So please quote me where I endorsed or supported in any way. Use the multi quote to help.

You're having an absolute nightmare here mate, log off and go to bed.

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, maroonexile said:

This is as controversial as anything I’ve seen on the thread so far, with the exception of the Aaron Hughes song at Killie.

My next post after that explains it better,  unfortunately the best of the last 4 NI players that MacPhee recommended has been the most controversial. What part concerns you?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I'm not a fan of the Union flag but I'd be feckin raging if I'd been ejected for flying the flag of my country because of one woman complaining, no place for it at a Hearts game but........to be ejected for it, I'd be having a word with a solicitor

Come to think of it, is it some sort of criminal offense to wave the flag? Don't think so which makes me think they might be singing something a bit unsavoury to go with it

Edited by bikerjambo

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 hours ago, Jodami said:

You're as bad as me! 

It seems strange that the sectarian element was dying out and it has then started to rear it's head again in the last couple of years. Particularly at away games there are regularly older boys in among the young team giving it the sectarian singing. There is tons of right wing and sectarian stuff online so it may just be that they have been subtly pushed towards that. Lee Rigby was murdered more than 5 years ago, many of these boys would barely be at high school then so it's not something they would be impacted by. There is definitely an element of copying Sevco in there. I think it's a set of circumstances that has enabled it. It's not pseudo Nazis or old school racists either it's extremely clever people who play on class, gender and race. I wouldn't underestimate them for a second. 

I'd agree with you that the sectarian stuff has had a bit of a ressurgrnce the past couple of years

theres a bunch of folk on here very vocal against sectarianism which is all well and good but unfortunately most of them are also all over the "sevco" threads and referring to the union flag as butchers apron etc etc

woulfnt surprise me if that sort of thing helped strengthen the resolve of the sectarian element especially that of the younger guys

just a theory on one possible contributory factor 

5 hours ago, graygo said:

You're having an absolute nightmare here mate, log off and go to bed.

Or alternatively he could just create another new account under a different name. Probably into double figures this year already.

• davemclaren locked this topic