Who's next in the door? ( merged )

kimosavi

Ricardo Quaresma
7 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

3 for every position is a bit luxurious for us unless you are talking about players like smith who can be LB, RB and CB?

Well, yes, 3 players capable of playing every position

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dave McCreery's knee

Do hearts have a connection at FC Scion? Is that where Brellier went? Any other transfers from/to?

2 minutes ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

Do hearts have a connection at FC Scion? Is that where Brellier went? Any other transfers from/to?

Think Jose Goncalves went there after us? Or was that where he was loaned out when he was frozen out the side.

11 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Think Jose Goncalves went there after us? Or was that where he was loaned out when he was frozen out the side.

Did we not buy him from F.C. sion

Jambof3tornado
35 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Everyone is talking up the FC Sion boy being 25 which rules Constant out.

Joaquim Adão???

or

Freddy Mveng???

Didnt realise these names were already listed but on the lafferty thread. Hard to keep up!!

Checked wiki was sent to us on loan from Kaunas, he was with FC thun prior to joining them and never got a game for Kaunas - must have been a signing we made so we didn't need to pay his salary.

Eventually ended up at Scion after we sent him out on loan to Nurnberg.

22 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, as we approach the last couple of days of the window let’s see if I’m up to speed on the ITK chat:

1. We are looking to sign a defensive midfielder who will be “****ing quality”

2. We are expected to sign a striker that will be someone the fans will know and who they’ll be very pleased with

3. If that striker falls through, Osman Sow is second choice

4. Slovak striker Jakub Sylvestr has been spotted in the stands and could sign also as a free agent, although apparently isn’t first or even second choice

5. Although that suggest there could be three signings, only one has been touted for tomorrow and another for Wednesday (of course Sylvestr is out of contract so can be concluded after window shuts if need be)

Is my reading of things correct? If so, if nothing is expected until tomorrow should I just bugger off until then to see the latest chat?

(And this wasn’t a mockery or go at ITK, I appreciate their comments as I love a bit of transfer window excitement and intrigue, just a genuine request to see if I’m up to speed) ?

So, just to keep up. The above is technically all still up to date, however the latest info is that the defensive midfielder apparently is currently with F.C. Sion, the “****ing quality” comment would suggest it’s Kevin Constant, but then others have suggested the player is 25 so that would rule him out. The age narrows it down to two players who appear to be relatively unknown (which of course doesn’t necessarily mean they’re not “****ing quality”, just that we don’t know)

And we should have one signing today if original predictions are to come to fruition. Let’s see. ?

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, just to keep up. The above is technically all still up to date, however the latest info is that the defensive midfielder apparently is currently with F.C. Sion, the “****ing quality” comment would suggest it’s Kevin Constant, but then others have suggested the player is 25 so that would rule him out. The age narrows it down to two players who appear to be relatively unknown (which of course doesn’t necessarily mean they’re not “****ing quality”, just that we don’t know)

And we should have one signing today if original predictions are to come to fruition. Let’s see. ?

The experts on here were saying we would sign someone yesterday.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Where are the experts?

Good to see we are looking at a DM. Chat on a new striker has cooled on here though...anyone heard anything?

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

In fairness Daza and Notts (I think) said Tuesday and Wednesday so I’ll wait and see with patience. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Tuesday and Wednesday one poster said, don't believe Mr Reliable said anything. There was an assumption on the board that the guy who rocked up on Saturday would sign on Monday. But maybe he has decided we are not for him?

The Old Tolbooth

Is it just me who thinks the Swiss football league is probably on a par with our own league, and Sion are bottom of that league, and yet we're trying to sign a player who can't get a game for them? (It might not be one who can't get a game for them to be fair)

Just a thought... 

34 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Only ‘prediction’ I saw said one Tuesday and one Wednesday, never saw anything about anything expected yesterday. Of course if we’re going to sign anyone it needs to be today or tomorrow unless they’re a free agent after the window. I too can work out a calendar. ? But we’ll see, maybe nothing will happen?

The_razors_edge
10 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Is it just me who thinks the Swiss football league is probably on a par with our own league, and Sion are bottom of that league, and yet we're trying to sign a player who can't get a game for them? (It might not be one who can't get a game for them to be fair)

Just a thought... 

No not just you. Although Daymans post provides some evidence that we’re possibly judging him unfairly

9 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Just a thought... 

Nah it's better to be honest, though I'm loathe to support any UEFA ranking it's the '14th best' in Europe, Scotlands barely 27th ahead of Kazakhstan. Basle are a big part of that but all of it.

3 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

No not just you. Although Daymans post provides some evidence that we’re possibly judging him unfairly

And all their teams got past the qualifications stage of their European tournament and gave a decent showing of themselves. Far better than if us or st John stone or Aberdeen etc managed to get into the group stage 

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Nah it's better to be honest, though I'm loathe to support any UEFA ranking it's the '14th best' in Europe, Scotlands barely 27th ahead of Kazakhstan. Basle are a big part of that but all of it.

I know the Swiss national team are miles ahead of Scotland at the minute, but you never hear of their club sides (Basle apart) doing anything in Europe, and with Sion being bottom of that league (albeit only by 3 points), it just got me wondering how good their players can actually be. Don't get me wrong, they're bound to have a few decent ones, but if the one we're after can't get a game for them, then it tells me that he might struggle here too, that said, he's going to be coming from a much better side than Callaghan did so you never know. 

The Old Tolbooth
17 minutes ago, Dayman said:

And all their teams got past the qualifications stage of their European tournament and gave a decent showing of themselves. Far better than if us or st John stone or Aberdeen etc managed to get into the group stage 

That's a fair point too, were Sion one of them? 

3 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

That's a fair point too, were Sion one of them? 

Sion went out at the 3rd qualifying round to a Lithuanian team this season

We operate in the market we can afford. For us that means looking at the second tier of leagues like Germany and France and the lower halves of Switzerland, Portugal, Spain and Italy. Now the trick is getting a gem. They are there but, finding them is the difficult part. The other snag is there are a hell of alot of clubs shopping in said market. We have to work extremely hard  to get in the players we do. Patience is the key in all this and patience is the one thing alot don't seem to have nowadays.

The Old Tolbooth
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Cheers Smithee. 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Sion qualified out of the Group stage of the Europa League last year (finishing 2nd in a group with Liverpool (winners), Rubin Kazan and Bordeaux)

Young Boys and Zurich both qualified for the group stage this season(though both are out now)

Think it's fair to say the Swiss league appears of considerably better quality than the SPL

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, Musemic said:

Sion qualified out of the Group stage of the Europa League last year (finishing 2nd in a group with Liverpool (winners), Rubin Kazan and Bordeaux)

Young Boys and Zurich both qualified for the group stage this season(though both are out now)

Think it's fair to say the Swiss league appears of considerably better quality than the SPL

Aye, considerably better going by that mate. 

Bazzas right boot

Going to say, the focus will be on tonight's game.

Signings Tommorrow would be my guess.

7 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Don't think anything will happen today. Tomorrow if anything. 

Don't think there will be any today

45 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Oops didn’t see that. Just noticed the 3/5 beside Switzerland in the rankings would of been their qualification numbers. Top 3 in the league qualified and then 2 missed out. Not sure who the other one was. Anyways, 3 is better than just Celtic qualifying like we do. Third qualifying round is also sometimes better than our second place team does. 

Just now, DH1986 said:

We were told one in today though..........

We have been told alot of things...mostly alot of rubbish.

7 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Im lead to believe there will be no signings today.Back to real life for the rest of the day people.

its early yet.

1 minute ago, JAMMY1980 said:

Doesnt matter how early it is...nothing will happen today.Good source has let me know.

ha good yin.

Archived