Who's next in the door? ( merged )

kimosavi

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

The loan system is what most up here use as our League is not awash with SKY money so it is what it is. No way would we be able to purchase Naismith, Mitchell, Randall or McLaughlin even given our financing the new stand. Personally I’m absolutely fine with it at this time and grateful to have players we otherwise wouldn’t have. Who knows, maybe some might get extended.

all clubs are down this route even Celtic 

Mcglaughlin isn't on loan. I also think we may well manage to purchase Randall. I agree with your point though, finances are the harsh reality of why there are so many loaned players in our league. I don't like it but we just have to accept that is where we are for the time being.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I don't doubt for one minute that CL has brought in some very decent signings. The down side for me is that we are quite possibly going to lose half of our current team at the end of the season.

We wil, lose Maclaugjlin and presumably the four loan signings that make up our strongest team.

We seem to have been in this situation for several transfer windows now and personally I would like it to stop.

We should be able to sign permanent players at a decdent level rather than nearly half a team on loan deals.

Ok I know Levein is in the process of building a squad fit for purpose but he has one hell of a job to do in the summer to try and maintain the level of player he has brought in via the loan system on a permanent basis.

I  share your concerns.I am pleased with our signings that take us to the end of the season.Its where we go from there.Maybe as an older supporter I struggle to get used to the idea that few players are around for any length of time and that loanees have become the norm but i still think a club like Hearts needs good above average SPFL pros as our stable base and so does Levein.

Much will depend on the summer signings and if the young players measure up in the next season or 2.Despite the hype most still have some way to go before we can think of 4 or 5 of them in the team.This seems to be the key to progress if you consider what Levein has stated.

"When we get to the point where we’re bringing four or five players into the first team from the academy, then the money we can spend on players increases. Then, all of a sudden, you’re looking at a different animal altogether,” he stated. “With income from the new stand as well, it allows us to have three categories of players: Ones who come through the academy, there’s your solid pros, and then there’s the special players. We need guys who can actually make a difference. You can look out there and pick the players they like and the players they don’t think, but I assure you everyone who is signed is signed in an attempt to make the team better.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-owns-the-floor-at-hearts-agm-1-4322407.

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Mcglaughlin isn't on loan. I also think we may well manage to purchase Randall. I agree with your point though, finances are the harsh reality of why there are so many loaned players in our league. I don't like it but we just have to accept that is where we are for the time being.

Yep sorry my post wasn’t very clear in that I meant afford McLaughlins personal terms , in his case it was / is short term 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
25 minutes ago, Taffin said:

A Liverpool supporting colleague of mine reckons that, given the players in front of him in their current squad, Randall has virtually no chance of playing fro them.  He also mentioned that Liverpool have recently been good at allowing such players to move on without making it difficult.  This may work in our favour, come the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

A Liverpool supporting colleague of mine reckons that, given the players in front of him in their current squad, Randall has virtually no chance of playing fro them.  He also mentioned that Liverpool have recently been good at allowing such players to move on without making it difficult.  This may work in our favour, come the end of the season.

Given how well he's done and that he's been a Liverpool youth player I'd think there will be a list of championship clubs also looking at him.

Hopefully he's looking at getting another year or two of first team games at Hearts before moving on but if he already has offers from decent Championship clubs I think we'll struggle to be honest.

Hope I'm wrong as we'll be back looking for a RB and a LB in the summer!

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Like the guy a lot but I think he has bigger plans than Hearts

Archived