Who's next in the door? ( merged )

kimosavi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rudi must stay
3 minutes ago, Finny1981 said:

Mark Davies anyone ??

He a ball winner? Hasn't played since May, hard to get excited about this rumour

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He a ball winner? Hasn't played since May, hard to get excited about this rumour

Unfortunately not all signings or targeted players are exciting. 

Lets take one from Leveins first tenure. Neil McFarlane. Nothing exciting but did an important job as did the likes of Kisnorbo. 

Not every signing will be a Steven Naismith 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Unfortunately not all signings or targeted players are exciting. 

Lets take one from Leveins first tenure. Neil McFarlane. Nothing exciting but did an important job as did the likes of Kisnorbo. 

Not every signing will be a Steven Naismith 

More I read about him the more I like the sound of him. Looks like an attacking midfielder

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

More I read about him the more I like the sound of him. Looks like an attacking midfielder

I dont know anything about him to be honest. But sometimes the guy who gets his hands dirty lets the talent in the team flourish, relieved of a bit of work 

rudi must stay
Just now, Sir Gio said:

I dont know anything about him to be honest. But sometimes the guy who gets his hands dirty lets the talent in the team flourish, relieved of a bit of work 

Apparently a real talent when fit. As the OP says though he isn't ITK so no chance he's signing, thousands of players out there

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Apparently a real talent when fit. As the OP says though he isn't ITK so no chance he's signing, thousands of players out there

Yeah. Levein seems to be looking at a mix of quality and youngsters. Journeyman type might be a thing of the past 

Perth to Paisley

Mulraney can wait until summer ..if at all

Listening to Robbo's comments yesterday about his sending off  it sounds he has some growing up to do first.

We also just bought a wide man

Captain Canada

I think our strikers will be Lafferty, Naismith, Zanatta and probably the guy who was at the game yesterday, Jakub. 

We have Moore, Danny and Milinkovic who can play on the wing. I also think Mitchell would be comfortable further forward. 

I'd prefer us to focus on getting rid of Buaben, Djoum and Martin so we can get a couple of new centre mids to give us balance. One in the Neil Berry mould and one who can provide a goal threat would be great. 

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, StanLaurel said:

I think our strikers will be Lafferty, Naismith, Zanatta and probably the guy who was at the game yesterday, Jakub. 

We have Moore, Danny and Milinkovic who can play on the wing. I also think Mitchell would be comfortable further forward. 

I'd prefer us to focus on getting rid of Buaben, Djoum and Martin so we can get a couple of new centre mids to give us balance. One in the Neil Berry mould and one who can provide a goal threat would be great. 

First I heard Jakub was at the game. Did you see him?

Gimme an H...
7 minutes ago, StanLaurel said:

Must have missed this, who is Jakub? 

Captain Canada

I didn't, but someone else posted yesterday that they were sure they did. I should have phrased it, "the guy who was probably at the game."

It makes sense we have someone lined up after letting Stockton and Isma go. 

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

I'm going for Gabby Agbonlahor 

Yes please. Always liked him, not the most profilic in front of goal but pacy winger/striker who's exciting to watch

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Yes please. Always liked him, not the most profilic in front of goal but pacy winger/striker who's exciting to watch

See he's been made available to sign a pre contract.Surplus to requirements at villa. 

Never Let Them Forget
4 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

See he's been made available to sign a pre contract.Surplus to requirements at villa. 

He’s on 50k a week at Villa :Stupid_Heads_by_Vir

Never Let Them Forget
5 minutes ago, JAMMY1980 said:

See.lafferty/naismith. 

It’s different with them though they both wanted home (Lafferty with his wife) same with Berra. 

1 minute ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

It’s different with them though they both wanted home (Lafferty with his wife) same with Berra. 

Ok just a suggestion. I take it back...

Agbonlahor has been shite since 2015, he's also a terrible 'professional' that's been suspended by Villa multiple times. No thanks.

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Agbonlahor has been shite since 2015, he's also a terrible 'professional' that's been suspended by Villa multiple times. No thanks.

See previous post .

Hopeful Hibs Hater

On 1/26/2018 at 09:21, communist said:

Jason Holt type? Na, innefective - even Rangers fans I know are very meh about him. We don't miss him and we can do better than having more of his type.

Said it before but honestly don't know what they saw in him when he released him. Not good enough, no thanks.

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

If he could stay fit for 18-24 months he would be a great signing. Highly unlikely he could though 

siegementality
6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Interesting.

At least we dont have long to wait.

I’ll hazard at Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Not ITK, just able to read a calendar.

Never Let Them Forget
3 minutes ago, siegementality said:

I’ll hazard at Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday. Not ITK, just able to read a calendar.

Surely not Eden? Or even Thorgan? Must be Kylian :thumbsup: is he any good?

rudi must stay
35 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Mikael Boman?

Not great stats, but interestingly there is an article on Google linking him with Panathinikos. Not a bad team to be linked with

So, as we approach the last couple of days of the window let’s see if I’m up to speed on the ITK chat:

1. We are looking to sign a defensive midfielder who will be “****ing quality”

2. We are expected to sign a striker that will be someone the fans will know and who they’ll be very pleased with

3. If that striker falls through, Osman Sow is second choice

4. Slovak striker Jakub Sylvestr has been spotted in the stands and could sign also as a free agent, although apparently isn’t first or even second choice

5. Although that suggest there could be three signings, only one has been touted for tomorrow and another for Wednesday (of course Sylvestr is out of contract so can be concluded after window shuts if need be)

Is my reading of things correct? If so, if nothing is expected until tomorrow should I just bugger off until then to see the latest chat?

(And this wasn’t a mockery or go at ITK, I appreciate their comments as I love a bit of transfer window excitement and intrigue, just a genuine request to see if I’m up to speed) ?

siegementality
44 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So, as we approach the last couple of days of the window let’s see if I’m up to speed on the ITK chat:

1. We are looking to sign a defensive midfielder who will be “****ing quality”

2. We are expected to sign a striker that will be someone the fans will know and who they’ll be very pleased with

3. If that striker falls through, Osman Sow is second choice

4. Slovak striker Jakub Sylvestr has been spotted in the stands and could sign also as a free agent, although apparently isn’t first or even second choice

5. Although that suggest there could be three signings, only one has been touted for tomorrow and another for Wednesday (of course Sylvestr is out of contract so can be concluded after window shuts if need be)

Is my reading of things correct? If so, if nothing is expected until tomorrow should I just bugger off until then to see the latest chat?

(And this wasn’t a mockery or go at ITK, I appreciate their comments as I love a bit of transfer window excitement and intrigue, just a genuine request to see if I’m up to speed) ?

In other words, nobody knows anything.

On 27/01/2018 at 14:31, tcjambo said:

Played for Nuremberg until last year. Possibly we got a tip off from one of the Nuremberg management team.

Spoke with my neighbour whos a Nuremberg supporter. He said this guy has been away from fc Nuremberg for a year but is some player IF he can over injuries. Said he is quality.

18 minutes ago, siegementality said:

In other words, nobody knows anything.

Pretty sure Levein does. ?

After the last couple of signings and Lafferty in the summer, would be good if by Wednesday night we’ve significantly improved the squad with a quality defensive midfielder and a striker we’ll all be happy with. We’ll find out I guess, but it’s a nice thought to have.

Just saw Levein on Sky Sports, says he’s trying but didn’t exactly instil me with confidence that there will be ANY signings never mind two or three. ?

1 minute ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

Phil McNulty off BBC saying were after Lloyd Jones of Liverpool

A centre back ?

2 minutes ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

Phil McNulty off BBC saying were after Lloyd Jones of Liverpool

Can stick him up front.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

A centre back ?

Apparently so. 13.25 on BBC live text so big chance that’s is a load of Tom Kite. 

Signing a centre half won’t be a massive priority. Maybe a bit of cheap cover till end of season but surely we’ve enough cover already???

5 minutes ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

Apparently so. 13.25 on BBC live text so big chance that’s is a load of Tom Kite. 

Signing a centre half won’t be a massive priority. Maybe a bit of cheap cover till end of season but surely we’ve enough cover already???

Letting Nowak go and also Baur on loan means we’re short for cover, particularly if we continue with three at the back. However as we already have Randall on loan from Liverpool any such deal would need to be permanent.

Archived