Who's next in the door? ( merged )

kimosavi

1 hour ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

It would be worth signing up Stokes just to see how he and Lafferty get on up front together.

A potential carcrash of epic proportions I'd wager.

Yup I am sure he will be a real asset to squad harmony coming the remembrance day ceremony that the whole club attends 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Spencer said:

We don't appear awash with cash 

Not sure I see the point in bringing in real quality like Naismith to augment it with dugshite like this 

If you're talking about bringing him in permanently I would agree - he's been round the houses and never really did much. If however it were a loan deal I could see some merit in it, in that

- we are short of strikers right now

- there's not a lot to choose from in January windows generally

and

- Is he any worse than Stockton whom I assume he is replacing

32 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

Yesterday we apprently had an amazing Plan A , with sow as a Plan B , now we’re discussing some huddy from dundee - does that mean Plan A - Y have fallen through ? Or is the Dundee lad a “just in case we’re desperate later” option ??

Certainly appears to not fit the ITK prediction given previously. Seem to be right about the DM coming in, who may well he “****ing quality”, but the forward options not so much.

Although they did say it would be a striker we know, which most would assume was meaning they were reputable. I suppose a player in the same league is “known” to us. But if it’s Haber it’s incredibly disappointing. Especially as we let Goncalves go in the process.

6 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If you're talking about bringing him in permanently I would agree - he's been round the houses and never really did much. If however it were a loan deal I could see some merit in it, in that

and

Better than Stockton maybe, nowhere near being as good as Goncalves though.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

and

We are on the verge of having too many loan signings imo. I appreciate we have also sent some lads out on loan within Scottish leagues and we may well see a cross over in the summer. 

Trouble with this one is the injury record. If you read the injuries Amankwaa has sustained it would cause concern on that front also. We've had a few players who haven't played a single minute of football in a season for varying reasons in the last couple of seasons.  

Loan deals appear something of the norm in the SPL now though - we are not alone by any means 

As others have said above - if this is the standard we are looking at we would be as well getting Sammon back as we'll be paying the thick end of his wedge as things stand 

If you compare Haber to Stockton it probably can't be seen as a downgrade 

Budge would appear somewhat reluctant to commit to any extravagant length of contracts at this time. 

Understandable given recent recruitment 

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

and

People arguing that because Stockton is not good enough then it's acceptable to bring in someone who isn't any worse. Surely we should be raising the bar a bit rather than continually make the same mistakes.  We've had a number of strikers who have scored goals until they come to us or after they leave us; Reilly, Sammon, Goncalves and even James Keatings. Bringing in Marcus Heber would be madness.

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Certainly appears to not fit the ITK prediction given previously. Seem to be right about the DM coming in, who may well he “****ing quality”, but the forward options not so much.

Although they did say it would be a striker we know, which most would assume was meaning they were reputable. I suppose a player in the same league is “known” to us. But if it’s Haber it’s incredibly disappointing. Especially as we let Goncalves go in the process.

...the problem being those who claim to be ITK are not. And they have disappeared. 

The Future's Maroon

Goalposts change all the time, sometimes daily...player x we were after last week may have had a change of heart, or their club have or maybe we have due to other circumstances.

Transfers are never a simple as 'we want him, we will get him, job done'.

Which is unfortunate but it's reality.

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Goalposts change all the time, sometimes daily...player x we were after last week may have had a change of heart, or their club have or maybe we have due to other circumstances.

Don’t use logic today ?

Fxxx the SPFL
14 minutes ago, Wilson said:

...the problem being those who claim to be ITK are not. And they have disappeared. 

The two lads who were itk have disappeared because of abuse/flak they were taking on here by some roasters.

28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Better than Stockton maybe, nowhere near being as good as Goncalves though.

I was under the impression that Goncalves out was because Naisy in.  Would you say the latter was an upgrade on the former?

21 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

People arguing that because Stockton is not good enough then it's acceptable to bring in someone who isn't any worse. Surely we should be raising the bar a bit rather than continually make the same mistakes.  We've had a number of strikers who have scored goals until they come to us or after they leave us; Reilly, Sammon, Goncalves and even James Keatings. Bringing in Marcus Heber would be madness.

I didn't argue that and made it clear I would not have liked Haber to be signed permanently.

I was more amenable to accepting a loan deal because we are now short of strikers and generally January is not the best shopping window.

5 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Well fekin boo to you with your ironclad logic. Mad future maroon oot :look:

Maybe Hearts have a forward that’s definitely coming in however we’ve kind of done things arse for elbow as we’ve let two strikers leave & not had replacement already in the door. 

My concern at the moment is that apart from Berra, Souttar and Lafferty (assuming he stays) our other best players are Naismith, Mitchell and Randall who will no doubt all be away at the end of the season.

Add to that our aging players such as Hughes and Cowie and the ones who are just not really good enough such as Callachan, Bauben and even Djoum and we are really looking at major re-construction work to build a decent team yet again in the summer.

I know we have some promising youngsters however they are not physically up to playing every week and it's not fair on them to expect them to.

It's as if we are in an ever ending circle where we have this revolving door of players in and out which does nothing for consistency or confidence.

5 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Sure I am. I wonder where I may have got that idea from....

or maybe it was from here...

Do you have evidence of any of this?

Of what ?

23 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

If Haber is the best we can get we should have kept Zanatta instead of sending him back to Raith.

THIS.  ALL DAY LONG.

Jamboscanbevicius
42 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I know this is the case (to a point)...

But if you look at Aberdeen's transfer dealings over the past few years this is exactly how it seems. Of course they will have missed out on targets but (in the main) they seem to identify the best Scottish-based players outside the OF and speak to them/their clubs early. It seems planned, strategic, and calm. 

I can't understand why we, and others, seem to always be pissing about needing several bodies going into the last 24-48 hours of every window!

a full team of the young lads have all played 1st team. This is the basis of the future HMFC.

Hamilton

Brandon

Baur

Irving

Cochrane

Moore

Zanatta

Henderson

McDonald

Currie

Keena

Remember we can still sign free agents after today. We might be looking at haber but whose to say there’s not a free agent striker out there that we are looking at

28 minutes ago, henry said:

Maybe Hearts have a forward that’s definitely coming in however we’ve kind of done things arse for elbow as we’ve let two strikers leave & not had replacement already in the door. 

Not really it’s a bit like moving house these days. The days of cheap bridging are gone. We can only judge when the window shuts and we should judge on the overall strenght of the squad cf November. 

Right, We need someone at Edinburgh Airport and someone at Riccarton. 

Any takers?

Need some new names in the hat because, well frankly, work sucks. 

Captain Canada
34 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

My concern at the moment is that apart from Berra, Souttar and Lafferty (assuming he stays) our other best players are Naismith, Mitchell and Randall who will no doubt all be away at the end of the season.

Add to that our aging players such as Hughes and Cowie and the ones who are just not really good enough such as Callachan, Bauben and even Djoum and we are really looking at major re-construction work to build a decent team yet again in the summer.

I know we have some promising youngsters however they are not physically up to playing every week and it's not fair on them to expect them to.

It's as if we are in an ever ending circle where we have this revolving door of players in and out which does nothing for consistency or confidence.

Exactly. Our long term planning doesn't seem to go beyond six months at a time. 

When Neilson left, we should have stabilised the squad, not ripped it to shreds. We are still paying the price of two poor transfer windows and it seems there's no end in sight. 

We could be left with Lafferty as our main striker next season and have no left back again. Not to mention the midfield that needs completely overhauled. 

If we sell Goncalves and sign Haber I'm sorry but that is pish poor. I'm totally on board with the rebuild but that rumour HAS to be rubbish

35 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Of what ?

You implied the club didnt have any idea of transfer targets, citing an example of an amateur team you were involved with who did 'even at that level'.

What evidence do you have the club doesn't have targets? I quoted the post where you said this, so i don't know how you were unable to establish what i was asking. It's almost as if you are deliberately argumentative.

Just now, Jamhammer said:

If we sell Goncalves and sign Haber I'm sorry but that is pish poor. I'm totally on board with the rebuild but that rumour HAS to be rubbish

Or sell Isma and Stockton.. Then bring in Naismith and Haber still pish poor?

5 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Or sell Isma and Stockton.. Then bring in Naismith and Haber still pish poor?

Is Naismith going to be played as a striker though? If we are going to replace a player who isn't scoring goals with one who can't get a game with Dundee and isn't a goalscorer either I don't think we're replacing Goncalves. We're certainly not strengthening. I'd only take Haber if we are bringing in someone else, as a bench warming option. Certainly not as a replacement for one of our leading goalscorers.

7 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

You implied the club didnt have any idea of transfer targets, citing an example of an amateur team you were involved with who did 'even at that level'.

What evidence do you have the club doesn't have targets? I quoted the post where you said this, so i don't know how you were unable to establish what i was asking. It's almost as if you are deliberately argumentative.

With only hours to go before the deadline it's obvious any deals will be a rush. Or will we be waiting till after the deadline and sign players who no one else wanted.

The window opened over 4 weeks ago i just hope the likes of Marcus Haber aren't typical of our targets.

15 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Implied did i. So i never stated it.

Anyone else really disappointed that the ITKers have disappeared only for a frother or two to take their place?

4 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Is Naismith going to be played as a striker though? If we are going to replace a player who isn't scoring goals with one who can't get a game with Dundee and isn't a goalscorer either I don't think we're replacing Goncalves. We're certainly not strengthening. I'd only take Haber if we are bringing in someone else, as a bench warming option. Certainly not as a replacement for one of our leading goalscorers.

Naismith played upfront at Hamilton and Motherwell, Like Isma can be played on the wing. So to me that's a straight swap and Haber is a 1 in 4 striker at dundee which is a hell of a lot better than 0 in 12.

4 minutes ago, Haken said:

Anyone else really disappointed that the ITKers have disappeared only for a frother or two to take their place?

Image result for Hmmm Very Interesting GIF

I'm remaining hopeful :ninja:

I'm remaining hopeful :ninja:

I'm remaining hopeful  - actually slightly concerned that we are maybe signing some Dundee bloke and a youngster from Morton. The Sion CDM seems to have left the country.......

I'm remionaing hopeful :ninja:

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Goncalves didn't score goals for us?

Just now, PhoenixHearts said:

Goncalves didn't score goals for us?

Fair point Phoenix.  He did but offered very little else. Missed lots of chances, didn't create much and generally didn't look interested for the most part.

1 minute ago, jamle1874 said:

Naismith played upfront at Hamilton and Motherwell, Like Isma can be played on the wing. So to me that's a straight swap and Haber is a 1 in 4 striker at dundee which is a hell of a lot better than 0 in 12.

He might be one of those players who does better here than he has elsewhere but my whelmmeter is very much in the under zone. Naismith and Mitchell have had me in the well over zone. This has been a good window, thus far. I'm a bit concerned with the Sion fella's love of a tackle on the ground but, he also looks rapid and have decent touches, admittedly on You Tube clips. 

I've seen Haber, with me own eyes a few times and he is pony. Utter pony. As other's have said we'd be better with Sammon just now or not sending Zannata out on loan again.

I'm not losing my **** over a rumour but it's a strange one, for me if it happens.

If he comes here and scores goals then fair do's but, bearing in mind we usually sign strikers who have been decent elsewhere (Sammon, Sutton, Wyness) and ruin them signing a player who aint playing for a toiling Dundee doesn't do it for me. Waste of a wage. All IMO of course, 

16 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

With only hours to go before the deadline it's obvious any deals will be a rush. Or will we be waiting till after the deadline and sign players who no one else wanted.

The window opened over 4 weeks ago i just hope the likes of Marcus Haber aren't typical of our targets.

You sir are an absolute slaver. You have ZERO idea of our preparation and dealings, absolutely ZERO so why the negativity? Did we not just get Naismith in?

1 minute ago, Bauld said:

All I know is we need roughly 4 players and very little time to do it.

It's rabbit out of the hat time. 

We’re never going to get 4 players. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

We’re never going to get 4 players. 

Exactly. We are going to be short going into the rest of the season.

We need centre half cover. 

A battling midfielder. 

A battering ram centre forward.

A nimble centre forward.

We also need to shift Martin and Noring.

7 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

You sir are an absolute slaver. You have ZERO idea of our preparation and dealings, absolutely ZERO so why the negativity? Did we not just get Naismith in?

At what cost though?

Son Of Anarchy
24 minutes ago, Haken said:

Yes. Very ?

2 minutes ago, Faron90 said:

trying to shift Martin of the wage bill and a chance that Kyle might go down south. 

Aye?

Who are you like?

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye?

Who are you like?

:gok:  

Nae mucking about PJ. You get right in there.

Archived