Who's next in the door? ( merged )

kimosavi

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Even if your managing an amateur team your alway looking at players you could sign it players left. When i was involved with a Junior team the manager always was looking at players he knew he could get or at least have a good chance of signing if players left. Time is ticking and i want more attacking players so we can overtake Hibs in the league and get to the Cup Final and hopefully win it.

Are you suggesting Hearts management team etc haven’t been preparing properly for the window and that they only have one target per position at any one time, no backups?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was keen to see more of Zanatta, looked good when he came on v Hamilton and scored with good technique too. Raith will be relieved to get him back I'm sure.

5 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Are you suggesting Hearts management team etc haven’t been preparing properly for the window and that they only have one target per position at any one time, no backups?

This. The assumption of some that we are not working hard to get players we want or moving on dead wood baffles me. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

This. The assumption of some that we are not working hard to get players we want or moving on dead wood baffles me. 

Yup, on the dead wood, we have cleared out 6 senior players permanently this window. To put that into perspective, we have a senior squad (players too old for U20s) of 21, of which includes Noring, Godinho, Roy and Todorov (who I would imagine will be either out permanently or on loan.)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Jammy ITK?

Whose next Jammy. Anyone we should be talking about. Getting excited even?

37 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Even if your managing an amateur team your alway looking at players you could sign it players left. When i was involved with a Junior team the manager always was looking at players he knew he could get or at least have a good chance of signing if players left. Time is ticking and i want more attacking players so we can overtake Hibs in the league and get to the Cup Final and hopefully win it.

What further news has your source given you about Lafferty's  Chinese transfer?

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, BobbyJenkins said:

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, on the dead wood, we have cleared out 6 senior players permanently this window. To put that into perspective, we have a senior squad (players too old for U20s) of 21, of which includes Noring, Godinho, Roy and Todorov (who I would imagine will be either out permanently or on loan.)

Mitch, I refer you to the above 3 posts which I agree 100%  with.:smile:

It is better to watch the window slam shut while you still need a central midfielder, than to watch the window slam shut and still have Malaury Martin stuck in the room.

It is better to long for a central midfielder lost, than to ever have signed Maluary Martin at all.

2 hours ago, BobbyJenkins said:

I'm suggesting we badly need 2 strikers.

2 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

What further news has your source given you about Lafferty's  Chinese transfer?

Never have i said anything about Laff going to the Chinese league get your facts right.

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

It is better to watch the window slam shut while you still need a central midfielder, than to watch the window slam shut and still have Malaury Martin stuck in the room.

It is better to long for a central midfielder lost, than to ever have signed Maluary Martin at all.

Exactly. Great post.  If don't sign anyone else in this window it won't be for the want of trying.  Levein confirmed again this evening that he will only sign a player if they are going to improve / become an asset for the squad.  If there are any doubts then I'm happy we don't sign anyone and give our young players a chance.  Every signing is a risk and we will never get every one right.  However we really need to up the percentage of our signings who turn out to a success.  So far Levein appears to be working towards that.  We don't want any more Malaury Martin signings.

REALLY hoping for the some good news tomorrow transfer wise. Will need a hefty pickmeup after tonight I feel. 3-0 down and probably counting. ☹️

Captain Canada

Can we not let Celtic have Noring as a back up keeper again? 

I'll be optimistic and hope for 3 in and 1 out tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

Never have i said anything about Laff going to the Chinese league get your facts right.

spurious response what exactly was it your source said to you?

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

I'm suggesting we badly need 2 strikers.

No you weren’t. You were implying the club wasn’t prepared and were panicking despite having no proof of it. Then you got called out on it so claimed something different

3 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Evening News now reporting that we're after Jaoquim Adao, on their Facebook alert service thing

Done deal as of last night I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

Evening News now reporting that we're after Jaoquim Adao, on their Facebook alert service thing

Hope this is the boy. Watched a few YouTube videos of him earlier and he looks very much in the mould of a Kante or Ndidi type player. Gets stuck in and can play a bit too. Exactly what we're needing and what we lacked tonight.

7 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

If he was at the game tonight he’ll at least know he’s going to get a game most weeks.

People taking delight in a defeat to Celtic, because it gives them better opportunities to stick the knife in. Welcome to supporting Hearts 2018. 

2 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

No you weren’t. You were implying the club wasn’t prepared and were panicking despite having no proof of it. Then you got called out on it so claimed something different

Your just making things up. 

1 hour ago, Kendoll said:

Wow He looks as hard as nails. I really hope we do become a big physical team - at least then we would be living up to the label we're given.

On 29/01/2018 at 11:13, BackOfTheNet said:

So, as we approach the last couple of days of the window let’s see if I’m up to speed on the ITK chat:

1. We are looking to sign a defensive midfielder who will be “****ing quality”

2. We are expected to sign a striker that will be someone the fans will know and who they’ll be very pleased with

3. If that striker falls through, Osman Sow is second choice

4. Slovak striker Jakub Sylvestr has been spotted in the stands and could sign also as a free agent, although apparently isn’t first or even second choice

5. Although that suggest there could be three signings, only one has been touted for tomorrow and another for Wednesday (of course Sylvestr is out of contract so can be concluded after window shuts if need be)

Is my reading of things correct? If so, if nothing is expected until tomorrow should I just bugger off until then to see the latest chat?

(And this wasn’t a mockery or go at ITK, I appreciate their comments as I love a bit of transfer window excitement and intrigue, just a genuine request to see if I’m up to speed) ?

This quote is from a few days ago.

The news on Joaquim Adao suggests the defensive midfielder thing is true (and that the ITK chat about it being a player from F.C. Sion was bang on) little known about him so still unknown if he’s “****ing quality”.

Still no news on a striker as far as I can see. Whether that’s someone we all know, second choice Sow or this Sylvestr bloke.

The original suggestion was one signing yesterday and one today. Nothing official announced yesterday, but some suggesting Adao was signed on loan last night.

I’m hoping for at least Adao (if it is to be him) and a striker in today, as we really need more up front. I don’t want to be greedy but a 3rd (maybe even a cheeky wee 4th too) wouldn’t go a miss either.

Will be a wee bit disappointed if it’s just another loan, unless there’s a possible deal to buy.

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Will be a wee bit disappointed if it’s just another loan, unless there’s a possible deal to buy.

Agreed. Suppose finances dictate the deals but would prefer us to be building a developing squad rather than almost half the team leaving in the summer back to their parent clubs. That said, what a season of progress overall and hopefully makes us an attractive proposition come the summer  ! Fingers crossed for a surprise or two today.

Just now, Pagey said:

Agreed. Suppose finances dictate the deals but would prefer us to be building a developing squad rather than almost half the team leaving in the summer back to their parent clubs. That said, what a season of progress overall and hopefully makes us an attractive proposition come the summer  ! Fingers crossed for a surprise or two today.

Yeah, I agree. Four loans seems a bit high to me. Hope so too. ?

7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Your just making things up. 

Sure I am. I wonder where I may have got that idea from....

14 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Transfer or loans should of been identified long ago. You just wonder if we'll end up with panic signings or no signing.

or maybe it was from here...

14 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Do you have evidence of any of this?

John Gentleman
10 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Yeah, I agree. Four loans seems a bit high to me. Hope so too. ?

Needs must I suppose. In a frenetic window such as January, I'd rather see us bring in loans than hand out long contracts to players whose Youtube profiles look great but then turn out to be crap after they put pen to paper.

10 hours ago, Pagey said:

Stokes released by hobos :)

Now, if he wasn’t such an arse with an ego out of control, he would be some signing 

Loan deal with first option seems sensible to me. No idea how these players will perform or adapt.

They come here, take to the club and do the business and we deal with their clubs in the Summer.

Hopefully an indication the club have learnt from giving Martin for example a 3.5 year deal.

Of course, the flip side is there’s a danger that should a player do really well between now and the Summer other clubs will then come in for him.

I trust Levein knows what he’s doing though.

??

Stokes has 11 goals in 21 games. George best . Gascoigne  etc all nutters . I'm more interested what they do on the park. Christ lafferty  was seemingly mental . There are plenty players that are not good two shoes .  . When I seen he wasn't playing against us in the cup . I thought  our chances were much better . He has quality . I'm not saying we should.  But can score for fun . 

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Now, if he wasn’t such an arse with an ego out of control, he would be some signing 

i disagree entirely mate 

We are signing a lot of loans however I would rather we got quality in for 6 months than not be able to sign anybody at all

The Future's Maroon
36 minutes ago, bazman said:

We are signing a lot of loans however I would rather we got quality in for 6 months than not be able to sign anybody at all

Pretty much my thoughts, this is the middle of the season and if these guys can help secure us Euro football next season we become a much better prospect for potential signings.

Loads of managers go on about this being a difficult window to get the right players in, so really we shouldn't be surprised at how it's developing. 

Lets not not forget Craig wasn't manager in the Summer last year and was only brought in a couple of days from the end of the window, so this is his first window to rebuild the squad to what he wants.

Yes, in hindsight, the time taken to get him in the dugout stands out as a mistake more now....but it is what it is. He has brought in players who have improved the squad.

A couple more additions today to get us through to the Summer should do, then I think we see more perm deals done. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper

It would be worth signing up Stokes just to see how he and Lafferty get on up front together.

A potential carcrash of epic proportions I'd wager.

6 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

It would be worth signing up Stokes just to see how he and Lafferty get on up front together.

A potential carcrash of epic proportions I'd wager.

Stokes better not be anywear near hearts! come the end of the window 

12 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Pretty much my thoughts, this is the middle of the season and if these guys can help secure us Euro football next season we become a much better prospect for potential signings.

Loads of managers go on about this being a difficult window to get the right players in, so really we shouldn't be surprised at how it's developing. 

Lets not not forget Craig wasn't manager in the Summer last year and was only brought in a couple of days from the end of the window, so this is his first window to rebuild the squad to what he wants.

Yes, in hindsight, the time taken to get him in the dugout stands out as a mistake more now....but it is what it is. He has brought in players who have improved the squad.

A couple more additions today to get us through to the Summer should do, then I think we see more perm deals done. 

Agree with the highlighted bit.

We also have to bear in mind the young (in some cases very young) guys who've done us proud this season are going to be 6 months older/wiser/stronger after the summer. There has to be space for them in the squad for occasional starts and 20/30 mins here and there otherwise their development will stall. The very good ones will soon take the place of any 'journeyman' type signings so I feel we should avoid them wherever possible

22 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Stokes better not be anywear near hearts! EVER!!  IN MY OR ANY OTHER LIFETIME!!!

FTFY

bringonthesevco

Yesterday we apprently had an amazing Plan A , with sow as a Plan B , now we’re discussing some huddy from dundee - does that mean Plan A - Y have fallen through ? Or is the Dundee lad a “just in case we’re desperate later” option ??

1 minute ago, bringonthesevco said:

Yesterday we apprently had an amazing Plan A , with sow as a Plan B , now we’re discussing some huddy from dundee - does that mean Plan A - Y have fallen through ? Or is the Dundee lad a “just in case we’re desperate later” option ??

We don't appear awash with cash 

Not sure I see the point in bringing in real quality like Naismith to augment it with dugshite like this 

Archived