Who's next in the door? ( merged )

kimosavi

With Isma finalising his move to Uzbekistan and sunderland sniffing around Lafferty and Stockton speaking to Carlisle we could find oursleves 3 forwards down(certainly 2) by the weekend 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Gentleman
14 minutes ago, neiljb said:

Osman Sow would be a plan mibby?

6 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Calum Elliott.

What are we? A professional,  aspirational football club or a recycling plant? 

The Irish winger from ICT and then a unknown European based striker would be my guess. 

Realistically Stockton isn't a loss, he's only made a couple of starts and hasn't exactly made any meaningful contribution. 

Isma and Lafferty go, I'd expect only 1 to come in uptop unless it's one plus a youth/development player.

Just now, E6 Inc said:

The Irish winger from ICT and then a unknown European based striker would be my guess. 

Realistically Stockton isn't a loss, he's only made a couple of starts and hasn't exactly made any meaningful contribution. 

Isma and Lafferty go, I'd expect only 1 to come in uptop unless it's one plus a youth/development player.

Can’t see us bringing in the ICT lad now we’ve signed the Danish lad. If Lafferty and Isma go, 2 strikers have to be the priority.

4 minutes ago, ericb said:

Mulraney will sign 

Think Robbo said he expects us to sign him before the window closes 

6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Can’t see us bringing in the ICT lad now we’ve signed the Danish lad. If Lafferty and Isma go, 2 strikers have to be the priority.

Think the ICT isn't going to be a starter straight away unlike Danny.

1 striker is an absolute must, think it will be difficult to get 2 of a decent standard in less then a week.

4 minutes ago, ericb said:

Mulraney will sign 

Yep.

And I expect ICT will get a player on loan from us. Possibly MacDonald.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yep.

Would be a great deal for everyone involved.

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yep.

On loan obviously.. 

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yep.

Would be an odd signing given it restricts game time for MacDonald, Moore and Zanatta. 

Loaning MacDonald out would be an error, would like to see more of him.

1 minute ago, bistokid said:

Would be an odd signing given it restricts game time for MacDonald, Moore and Zanatta. 

Loaning MacDonald out would be an error, would like to see more of him.

Surely loaning Mcdonald out makes sense if his game opportunities are restricted this season?

No point bringing in more youngsters at the moment. We have a full squad of our own pushing for places.

Id rather get in 1 good player if we have to or wait until the end of the season and get 2 in (once Naismith likely leaves). I can't see Lafferty leaving this window.

letsalldothebeattie

If Isma I wouldn’t mind if we didn’t replace him if Lafferty stays we have him, Naisy, Keena & Roy I would be happy to see us develop these boys more especially with Stockton likely to go gives these boys more of a chance. If Lafferty goes as well then we definitely need to dip into the market don’t know who we could go for but we will definitely need to replace the big man 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

Another striker is an absolute must. Would like a Jason Holt, type player also but striker definitely first priority

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Surely loaning Mcdonald out makes sense if his game opportunities are restricted this season?

I'd like to see him get more opportunities, Mulrooney (sp) will be a back up player. I'd prefer MacDonald to be that back up than send him to ICT. Seems an unnecessary transfer.

Dave McCreery's knee

Looks like Naismith for Walker, the Danish Bullet for Isma, Zanatta for Stockton. Sounds like the guy from ICT is likely, then only leaves a midfielder and a striker IF Lafferty goes?

Jamboscanbevicius

For those saying we shouldn’t bring in more “kids”...

Jake Mulraney is not a kid. He’s 22 in a couple of months!

10 minutes ago, Dave McCreery's knee said:

Looks like Naismith for Walker, the Danish Bullet for Isma, Zanatta for Stockton. Sounds like the guy from ICT is likely, then only leaves a midfielder and a striker IF Lafferty goes?

This is where I'm at with it too. Zanatta has already scored more then Stockton and he's only been back for 1 game. 

I'd think if Lafferty leaves then we'll go out and try and get a striker that'll be a starter for us.

The ICT player sounds like he's been a bit more of a longer term target as a development/squad player. Not a replacement for a outgoing starter.

I don't get the obsession with bringing Sow back. Yes he had a decent spell with us and made us some very nice coin however since he's left he has done square root of **** all and our team is set up completely differently from then so there's absolutely no guarantee he'd hit the same form again.

40 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Another striker is an absolute must. Would like a Jason Holt, type player also but striker definitely first priority

Jason Holt type? Na, innefective - even Rangers fans I know are very meh about him. We don't miss him and we can do better than having more of his type.

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
35 minutes ago, communist said:

Jason Holt type? Na, innefective - even Rangers fans I know are very meh about him. We don't miss him and we can do better than having more of his type.

Captained rangers against Aberdeen and was outstanding made 16 appearances this season for them and has certainly been effective is a vast majority of those games. When I said Jason holt ‘type’ player what I meant was an attacking midfielder with a good range of passing and drive maybe not Holt himself. I feel we lack that in the midfield at the moment and on Holt himself in my opinion he is definitely better than Callachan, Buaben, Martin, and Even cowie. If we did have Jason Holt he would certainly be a different option. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Pagey said:

We missed Diarra- he's just signed for PSG :(

Why are we not competing? Lack of ambition eh?

1 hour ago, Pagey said:

We missed Diarra- he's just signed for PSG :(

Damn we were close, thought we had him in the bag ??

Can believe some were serious about this

1 hour ago, clouston1992 said:

I don't get the obsession with bringing Sow back. Yes he had a decent spell with us and made us some very nice coin however since he's left he has done square root of **** all and our team is set up completely differently from then so there's absolutely no guarantee he'd hit the same form again.

I don't get the obsession with bringing ex players back period!

1 minute ago, brux said:

I don't get the obsession with bringing ex players back period!

It's the same thing as when your exes get more attractive the less you see them I suppose

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

First window I can remember we haven't been linked with Goodwillie. 

Or Scott Allan 

Don't shoot the messenger and, I am in no way ITK but a mate just texted me and said we might be after, wait for it....Carlton Cole 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Don't shoot the messenger and, I am in no way ITK but a mate just texted me and said we might be after, wait for it....Carlton Cole 

He used to live in the same flats as me when he was at West Ham .... seems like decades ago ... how old is he now,? Proper bling merchant too, removed the BMW badges from his M6 and replaced them with CC logos lol 

2 minutes ago, Jamos said:

He used to live in the same flats as me when he was at West Ham .... seems like decades ago ... how old is he now,? Proper bling merchant too, removed the BMW badges from his M6 and replaced them with CC logos lol 

I thought he'd retired. Just had a look on his wiki and he's 34 and was playing in Indonesia. Got to be pish. Probs just pub talk down there.

• redm changed the title to Who's next in the door?

Archived