Steven Naismith - signs on loan (official)

Geoff Kilpatrick

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All Out Attack
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Tomorrow.

Thanks for all your info on these threads, brilliant as ever.  

The one thing that troubles me about this window, like others, is management leaving it to the last minute again. We have now the biggest game of our season coming up and any new players will not be familiar with the rest of the squad. 

We have had 6 months to plan a transfer window, not two weeks. We should have done our business early and assimilated the players better. If we lose at the weekend, the season is finished. 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The Sun Will Come out

annie_logo_large.jpg

I worry about internet history on some our our more cerebral posters browsers ?

31 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Iv heard they've just turned up and it's double booked, have to wait until the next slot mate.

I think we all know that in that scenario you send your worst looking player onto the pitch to see if they fancy a game, standard them against us with running keepers obviously.

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

The one thing that troubles me about this window, like others, is management leaving it to the last minute again. We have now the biggest game of our season coming up and any new players will not be familiar with the rest of the squad. 

We have had 6 months to plan a transfer window, not two weeks. We should have done our business early and assimilated the players better. If we lose at the weekend, the season is finished. 

You dont have 6 months to plan a window. 6 months ago naismith wasnt available, yet he is now.

You can have targets but no more than that.

As for the season being over thats just nonsense.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

You dont have 6 months to plan a window. 6 months ago naismith wasnt available, yet he is now.

Concise and sensible....and accurate ??

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Concise and sensible....and accurate ??

I have my moments.

I'm away for a lie down.

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Exactly what some don't understand ?

Just now, Gulf Jambo said:

Exactly what some don't understand ?

I'm sure they do understand, they just don't want to or can't post anything positive about Hearts

19 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

The other side of the coin is that Popcorn will have less time to plan against us and more so if the player(s) is/are not well known around these parts.

In the unlikely event that we do go out, the season will certainly be finished for the glory hunters and Dismal Jimmies  but we still have to aim high in the league for Europe as well as bedding in some of our young prospects for the future.

Coburg Hearts
17 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Correct on all counts.

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The other side of the coin is that Popcorn will have less time to plan against us and more so if the player(s) is/are not well known around these parts.

In the unlikely event that we do go out, the season will certainly be finished for the glory hunters and Dismal Jimmies  but we still have to aim high in the league for Europe as well as bedding in some of our young prospects for the future.

100% spot on.

To add. Some appear to make this claim about season being over because that's what they want to happen. Its banded about on .net about ending our season. Make of that what you will.

37 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Whats that Ronan Keating song

If tomorrow never comes?

Listen to The Beatles "Tomorrow Never Comes".  Give yourself a treat.

Bazzas right boot

Folk saying our biggest game of the season is this weekend?

Bullshit, the biggest game will be at the end of may in the final?

Or....our relegation 6 pointer v partick as we're in a relegation battle, I forget.

I'm not going to start a new thread about it, but why do we still not have a transfer kitty that supporters can put money into, to help with signing players?

If we knew the money was going towards signing the likes of Naismith, i'm sure a lot of people would put their hand in their pocket. 

Tomorrow!!!!!!!!    It will be like VE day for us.      You know.. when we were finally freed from the tyranny of Hitler.

19 minutes ago, Greedy_Jambo said:

I'm not going to start a new thread about it, but why do we still not have a transfer kitty that supporters can put money into, to help with signing players?

If we knew the money was going towards signing the likes of Naismith, i'm sure a lot of people would put their hand in their pocket. 

The FOH money is for infrastructure and running costs as far as i understand so this would be useful. Might be once every few years it could be used depending on the amount going in but as long as people understand its not there for them to choose who its used for and trust is put in the management then maybe its something FOH can arrange as a seperate payment

Special Agent Dale Cooper
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

The FOH money is for unfrastructure and running costs so this would be useful. Might be once every few years it could be used depending on the amount going in but as long as people understand its not there for them to choose who its used for and trust is put in the management then maybe its something FOH can arrange as a seperate payment

I don't like the idea of us being run as a charity case so it's a no from me.

Plus, the punters would get pissed off if their hard-earned was spent on a flop.

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

The FOH money is for unfrastructure and running costs so this would be useful. Might be once every few years it could be used depending on the amount going in but as long as people understand its not there for them to choose who its used for and trust is put in the management then maybe its something FOH can arrange as a seperate payment

The FoH money was meant to save the club, then they had to change. But I'm not convinced I like Anywhere But the Team as an FoH spending policy

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Imagine the reaction if 'FOH subs 2.0 transfer edition' had passed 2 million to the club to then be told it was all spent on Sammon and Martin?!? 

Far better we just put it all into the pot, doesn't matter where we put the FOH money into. Whatever way it is spend it is money the club has extra which in turn means that there is more for players. 

On 15/01/2018 at 11:41, johnmitchell said:

My source on this one is very unlikely and unexpected, but he's well in the know at United, and he tells me it's a done deal, although nothing confirmed by either party yet. 

You could see why United and Fraser will want this kept quiet for as long as possible. Cant the fans being happy with Fraser using them to rehabilitate himself then to sign for us for free

Just now, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

I don't like the idea of us being run as a charity case so it's a no from me.

Plus, the punters would get pissed off if their hard-earned was spent on a flop.

The charity case bit i dont think its like that more like Robbos move back to us. That was at least part funded by a donor. Depends how its done.

the last bit tho is a definite concern with a notoriously unappeasable part to the support this could immediately become a boo boy situation. Even putting it into the club then it going to transfer funds may not negate that aspect of it. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
28 minutes ago, DR1981 said:

Listen to The Beatles "Tomorrow Never Comes".  Give yourself a treat.

Better still, listen to 'Tomorrow Never Knows', much better song, and actually sung by the Beatles:thumbsup: (Revolver, 1966)

Hopefully, tomorrow will know, one way or the other!

39 minutes ago, ISMAparty said:

So Naismith tomorrow, cool. :)

Why do I get the impression that this is a win/win situation for you?

...assuming you'd be genuinely pleased if this does happen tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Or....our relegation 6 pointer v partick as we're in a relegation battle, I forget.

Biggest game of the season

....so far!

...a bit disco
32 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

****** on the block....

:jjyay:

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

....so far!

Exactly, whoever wins it still has a chance of silverware and to the losers it’s a case of trying to finish as high up the league as possible. The last couple of years have put extra significance on this  game due to our recent  cup record against that mob. Any Hearts supporter saying otherwise is telling porkies.

Some folk would just be happy that an Edinburgh club will get through to the next round. :) 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

She was from the block rather than on it..........

Not convinced she was ever from the block tbh.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, stevie1874 said:

Exactly, whoever wins it still has a chance of silverware and to the losers it’s a case of trying to finish as high up the league as possible. The last couple of years have put extra significance on this  game due to our recent  cup record against that mob. Any Hearts supporter saying otherwise is telling porkies.

Some folk would just be happy that an Edinburgh club will get through to the next round. :) 

Don't think anyone has said what your last paragraph states.

Evidence of this or i call bull shite

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Not convinced she was ever from the block tbh.

Born and raised in The Bronx in the 70's. I don't think you get anymore 'block' than that.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

....so far!

Agreed.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Escobar PHM said:

Born and raised in The Bronx in the 70's. I don't think you get anymore 'block' than that.

She was from the posh part...

Steven Naismith exit not close yet though, still has to make a decision, ‘I expect a decision in next 10 days’ and will not travel to Chelsea.

Oh daza...not sounding too likely for tomorrow bud.

47 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

For the avoidance of any doubt Tosh, it's this weekend :thumbsup:

• cosanostra changed the title to Steven Naismith - Arrives at Tynecastle!!!!

Archived